Warriors agree to deal Dampier

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
ISIAH IS THE MAN !!!! :hump: I would trade Othella and Nazi in a heart beat, specially for Dampier (a big man that we been needed desperately).
I know Dampier will sign, who can resist playing for New York specially when they are paying you the money you want.

WiL8000

Rotation player
This is great news. I'd be surprised if Dampier picks the Hawks over the Knicks. Now Isiah needs to get Jamal Crawford, and mission accomplished, we're ready for next season. We have to throw a big man at Chicago at PF. Who left on the roster would you guys want to see go. Chicago said they don't want Kurt Thomas.

We'll finally have a team

I love it that we get Dampier... We NEED Crawford very very badly, and Othella was a big part of that trade so I don't know. I hope the knicks can plug in Dikembe instead of Othella since they both have expiring contracts... If they do that, the top 8 on the knicks is Dampier, Kurt, Tim thomas, Houston, Marbury, Crawford, Penny, and Sweetney. Maybe not a championship immedietly, but we got a team again. a yound team on the rise instead of a bunch of 34 year olds... After a possible Crawford deal, we just need a solid backup at center, and i guess between Crawford and Ariza(?) we have the backup pg spot filled

ARKATECH

Rookie
This ......... if it goes through is gonna make isiah look great. Now if he lands carwford then it'll make him a king in ny. This will put ny in th top 3 of th east, and make us a dangerous team. Youth, Athleticesim, and skill is now a knick signature.

newmove

Rotation player
ARKATECH said:
This ......... if it goes through is gonna make isiah look great. Now if he lands carwford then it'll make him a king in ny. This will put ny in th top 3 of th east, and make us a dangerous team. Youth, Athleticesim, and skill is now a knick signature.
We are a dangerous and tallented team already... If Jamal lands here we'd become unstoppable.

Just imagine: Dampier, Crawford, Starbury, Houston, Tim, Penny... Damn, that's hot for real!

The only one problem is that Eric and Allan are getting old... That's the deal. But they've still got game. Eric is great, Allan still avarages 18+ points per contest so...

I wanted to ask you guys about Bessy... I mean, he's good PG, he's decent and he's tight at D... I think it would be great to get him to our bench. His cousin could've influence his game and push him to become a great player. What do you think?

hate to rian on the parade but...i LOVE dampier...if you read another one of my posts i siad he was our main priority..but...
We need a very solid backup at C, what if he gets injured during the postseason? what if his age gets to him adn he can't play more than 20 mins a game? We have the same situation at SG with Houston but we have plenty of swingmen to replace Houston (non as talented of course). We need depth at C

kevin

Benchwarmer
The great thing about this is we only lose Nazr and Othella (who wasnt even on the playoff roster) We also keep Thomas which is huge so we can use that for another trade, for Crawford and we also have the MLE to get a decent frontcourt player in case baker goes.

The Dampier deal is great. The only thing that concerns me is that I read we are looking at giving him a 6 or 7 year deal starting at 9mil/season and ballooning to 14mil at the end. I can tell you he is not going to be worth crap at the end of this deal. Hopefully, Isiah makes it a team option after 4 years or so. Remember, Dampier for his career has a 8 point, 8 rebound, 2 block average until last year when he was playing for a contract. I am very comfortable with the players we give up for him, but have a long term concern for the state of the franchise in 5 years + if we give him that large and long of a contract.
As far as Crawford trades go, I also read today that Chicago and NY are still working on it with Penny now being included potentially in the deal to mentor the young Bulls and teach them(also with a few expiring contracts like mutombo and trybanski, but without including K. thomas or F. Williams).
We will see soon. In Isiah we trust.

David

jayp

Benchwarmer
I wanted to ask you guys about Bessy... I mean, he's good PG, he's decent and he's tight at D... I think it would be great to get him to our bench. His cousin could've influence his game and push him to become a great player. What do you think?

youre referring to Telfair right? it would be nice to see him here but apparently Portland(read: Mo Cheeks) is in love with him and its improbable that we will see him here in the near future..

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
Twisted NY Assassin said:
The Dampier deal is great. The only thing that concerns me is that I read we are looking at giving him a 6 or 7 year deal starting at 9mil/season and ballooning to 14mil at the end. I can tell you he is not going to be worth crap at the end of this deal. Hopefully, Isiah makes it a team option after 4 years or so. Remember, Dampier for his career has a 8 point, 8 rebound, 2 block average until last year when he was playing for a contract. I am very comfortable with the players we give up for him, but have a long term concern for the state of the franchise in 5 years + if we give him that large and long of a contract.
As far as Crawford trades go, I also read today that Chicago and NY are still working on it with Penny now being included potentially in the deal to mentor the young Bulls and teach them(also with a few expiring contracts like mutombo and trybanski, but without including K. thomas or F. Williams).
We will see soon. In Isiah we trust.

David

this is a very good point uve made, i kinda looked at it the same way, but i think isiah will push his players to play up to their potential or else he would have them gone, i hope this works out

e_D

Benchwarmer
interesting.. I might be able to deal with losing Penny to get Crawford.. if that means we keep KT and FWill, even better.. we'd be losing some leadership but.. it might work.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
In today's NY Post

Erick Dampier flew yesterday to Salt Lake City, where the Hawks are playing their summer league. There, Dampier was to be wined and dined by the Hawks brass - GM Billy Knight and VP Dominique Wilkins - in talks that would greatly determine the Knicks' future. Knicks president Isiah Thomas, who hopes to give Dampier the red-carpet treatment, too, was back home in Indiana, waiting with bated breath, because it's nearly three weeks into July and he has yet to upgrade his roster. But $74.1 million - not one lobster dinner in Utah - will tell the tale of whether Dampier becomes a Knick this week. And that is why the Knicks appear in solid position to land the Warriors' 6-foot-11 unrestricted free agent whom Thomas feels is needed with Shaquille O'Neal now in the East.
http://www.knicksonline.com/0304/getart.php?id=1185

from what i've heard, the hawks' offer is much less then ours, so dampier should be in the big apple soon

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Dampier is in the bag, he is definetely coming to the Knicks. The Hawks would be stupid to give him all that money without having a good team to go along with Dampier like US to contest for the title. They need the money they have to acquire more than one piece or even a more talented star than Dampier. Now the waiting game is on because Dampier's agent is trying to squeeze another year out of the Knicks offer. Instead of a 6 year deal he is trying to get the max which is seven. Dude is using the Hawks as leverage making the Knicks think they will top there offer so that the Knicks be tempted to offer the seventh year as more incentive.