Miami Skeet VS NEW YORK KNICKS: Battle For The Garden

la2ny

Starter
Smokes Presents:Miami Skeet VS NEW YORK KNICKS-Battle For The Garden

SMOKES Presents:BATTLE 4 DA GARDEN

Mike D?Antoni saw the way LeBron James tore apart the Cavaliers when faced with a hostile crowd in Cleveland and figures hate is wrong.
?I?m going to be nice, don?t worry,? the New York Knicks coach said Thursday.
The fans at Madison Square Garden probably won?t let that stop them from telling James how they feel about the star bypassing the Knicks for the Miami Heat.
The Heat are coming to New York on Friday, another huge game for the Knicks and their chance to show they have recovered just fine from a painful free agency snub.

They wanted James and Dwyane Wade, who wanted to play together, but just not in New York. They talked to Chris Bosh, too, but are certain they emerged with the best power forward available when they landed Amare Stoudemire. He has a franchise-record streak of nine straight 30-point games entering the game against the Heat.
The Garden will be buzzing, just as it always is when James comes to town. Only this time, it?s because the Knicks no longer have a team that will bow to the King.
?I figure as long we keep winning and keep having success, that?s what the fans want to see. That?s what is most important in New York,? Stoudemire said. ?So LeBron right now is in Miami and we?re in New York. It?s going to be a battle tomorrow night.?
The Knicks? 118-116 loss to Boston on Wednesday was perhaps the game of the season in the NBA so far, and it?s probably not even the most anticipated one of the week in New York.
The Heat and Knicks developed a bitter rivalry in the late 1990s. Miami scored perhaps the biggest victory when it signed the player New York spent two years positioning itself to sign.
A pair of trades early in the 2008-09 season cleared enough salary cap space to sign James when he became a free agent in July. The Cavaliers played in New York the following week after those trades and James was showered with huge ovations. He received them in every other Cleveland visit, along with some ?MVP!? chants.
He won?t hear anything so kind on Friday night. Not that he cares.
?No one?s actually going to come up to me and try to hurt me,? James said. ?I mean, I?ve been in Cleveland after I signed. No one?s actually come up to me and say anything to me. They may wait until I walk down the street and yell it after they?ve just walked past me. I?m not worried.?
James has always loved playing at Madison Square Garden, where he is the only visiting player besides Michael Jordan with multiple 50-point games. And he?d love to disappoint a raucous crowd the way he did this month by scoring 38 points in a rout of the Cavaliers.
?One of the best players in the world and he always rises up to the occasion,? D?Antoni said. ?Whether we?re nice to him or not, it?s not going to matter. Playing in New York is special and he, Wade, Bosh, they?ll all be ready and it?s a big game again. We don?t have our streak going, but they have theirs going.?
Miami has won 10 in a row, just as Boston had going into Wednesday?s matchup. The Knicks, who had an eight-game winning streak snapped, are the first NBA team to play consecutive games against teams with double-digit winning streaks since the Clippers had a home-and-home against the Lakers on Jan. 4-5, 2000, according to STATS, LLC.
James and Wade have been sensational during Miami?s surge, and Bosh has been playing much better. He was widely considered No. 3 behind his new teammates on the list of available free agents, even though Stoudemire had better numbers playing for a Phoenix team that went to the Western Conference finals.
?I was a surprised by that. I?ve been in a winning situation my whole career and it?s been somewhat the opposite for Chris,? Stoudemire said. ?So he?s playing well this year. He?s been playing well his whole career, we go back since high school and I don?t really compare myself to Chris at all.?
Few thought Wade would leave Miami for New York, but missing out on James seemed a huge blow for the Knicks. They weren?t interested in talking about it after ?The Decision? or on Thursday. Some critics thought not getting James made the whole free agency plan a two-year waste.
Instead, they are 16-10, just 2 1/2 games behind the Heat for second place in the Eastern Conference. James said Stoudemire is probably the leading candidate to replace him as the league?s MVP.
?It?s always great to play in the Garden, especially with them being as good of a team as they are now,? Wade said. ?A lot of props go to Amare for leading that team the way that he has and to the rest of the players for coming in and proving everyone wrong.?
Wade also has been a fan favorite at the Garden, but those days are gone. This won?t be quite like James? return to Cleveland, but it?s not like trips to New York used to be, either.
?Hopefully that?s the way it?s always going to be now,? D?Antoni said. ?Whoever comes in is going to be the guys that we hate and it doesn?t matter who it is.?

Notes: The Knicks said Wednesday?s game earned a 3.6 rating on MSG Network, the network?s highest since a 4.8 on Oct. 31, 2001, which was Michael Jordan?s first game as a player with the Wizards.

Lets stick Pat Railey in the blowhole w/ this one
Go Ny Go Ny Go!!

Now the starting lineup for the visiting Miami Skeet:
at pg super mario chalmers
0328153b853d14102633413364a19954-getty-103882304me025_new_orleans_.jpg

at sg dwyane"lebrons suga daddy" wade
3c978fc305a86a18eb9c0dc861b41d5e-getty-103883544me024_cleveland_ca.jpg

at sf Delonte West Jr
c114714f4d13a52e767b3b29d7c204ae-getty-103883544me014_cleveland_ca.jpg

at pf chris soft
bab48e32899cb8d32928d7c9f4193f40-getty-103883544me007_cleveland_ca.jpg

at c joel"nobody knows who i am" anthony
49fb955271238945340bd368ca8f92b9-getty-103883544me027_cleveland_ca.jpg

And Now Your NEW York Knicks!!!!

at pg out of north carolina:Raymond Felton!
ap-71885887fe1e4045b2426eb3624747a8.jpg

at sg out of (s)tanford:"Dirty"Laundry Fields
ap-76fb524543de48a197e3442958e5b4c4.jpg

at sf out of Italia:Danillo Gallinari!!
ap-e0291c312c77455b9788b02fa9404bce.jpg

at pf out of depaul:WilSON chandler
ap-6a679d6ba97e449e876e86daa4666ca0.jpg

AND AT C STr8 FROM THE BASKETBALL GODS: AMAR'E STUDEMIRE
ap-8c3ed544a268463ab520e92733616a12.jpg

Get ready to rock the Garden this ones gonna be a classic.The where were you win for the Knicks in over a decade. What Should I do you say? Stfu and watch the Knicks whip ass.Time to rebirth the rivalry!!! :D

Last edited:

Rzail

Rookie
I will be up at 1AM (Germany time) to watch the Knicks beat the damn Heat down! I am lucky to get a chance to watch the Knicks!

smokes

Huge Member
Err... This was supposed to be my thread by the way! Check the sticky next time to see if anyone has called it :)

Good thread anyways :gony:

la2ny

Starter
Err... This was supposed to be my thread by the way! Check the sticky next time to see if anyone has called it :)

Good thread anyways :gony:
sorry bout that didnt know that was for that, ill look from now on.if I can get the edit to load back up I'd put your name in the thread title but it just keeps loading,and loading,and loading...

smokes

Huge Member
sorry bout that didnt know that was for that, ill look from now on.if I can get the edit to load back up I'd put your name in the thread title but it just keeps loading,and loading,and loading...

lol no worries dude it was your work just sayin for future. It's a good thread man you should hop on the game threads more often. Only thing it could use is a lil tidying up. Other than that it's sweet!

la2ny

Starter
lol no worries dude it was your work just sayin for future. It's a good thread man you should hop on the game threads more often. Only thing it could use is a lil tidying up. Other than that it's sweet!
Thanx I will...im thinking of using photoshop next time

p0nder

Starter
The Knicks are going to be fired the f@ck up for this one. MSG is gonna let the bitch made 3 feel very unwelcome. Amar'e will help with some VICIOUS dunks and a few big time blocks. Bosh is going to get WRECKED in the post and run over.

Amar'e doesn't even compare himself to bosh because he's a winner and a proven stud while bosh is lucky to get the scraps from wade and james.

I expect Felton to bring his A game and him, fields and gallo are going to have a challenge ahead of them defending against wade and lebron.

Very big game here tonight, D'antoni is down playing the significance, but a win here would REALLY help lift this team after the heartbreaker loss to boston.

I just hope the fans don't get too besides themself like Cleveland did. Lebron and Wade torch that team every time the fans started chanting Delonte or Pippen. Wade put it on them out of respect for Bron, I would too. shit like that will only motivate me and force me to play more focused ball, but the ass hole fans don't care, because they are not the ones who have to play against them. I expect the same thing at the Garden. Teams always bring their A game here. The last thing I want to do is have the Heat playing better because I said something out of line. We are good but our Defense and clutch against great teams is not there just yet.

With that said, I think we have a good chance to beat them (chants or not). I just don't want the Heat to have any extra help because of a few fans poor choice in words, or some ill advise antics. Wade and Bron have been playing some fantastic highlight reel B-Ball lately...its going to be a good one.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah if Gallo drew a charging foul on LeBron by flopping I feel as if the Garden would taunt LeBron all the way to hell and back. Maybe even force him into a technical...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yo la2ny you came one this site with a bang and now its official, this thread is dope, its a little jumpy( could use a few tweaks ) but no worries you'll add some flavor to your future threads, but this one was dope i liked it. :thumbsup:

as for the game you already know

STAT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lebitch 3

we got this game somethings telling me were gonna win tonight

jimkcchief88

All Star
DVR already set but gonna try to scam out of work a little early to catch this one in its entirety. No questions about he rivalry status of this match-up... Glad to be back on primetime major networks twice in one week!!!!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
DVR already set but gonna try to scam out of work a little early to catch this one in its entirety. No questions about he rivalry status of this match-up... Glad to be back on primetime major networks twice in one week!!!!

Still want to be against the Knicks making the playoffs?

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Felton hand messed up hope that doesn't affect him. Felton and Amare are our only mismatch for the starters. Knicks need to take advantage of their bench