More Possible Trading Options

la2ny

Starter
The Charlotte Bobcats have apparently seen enough.
With the team mired in a disappointing 9-16 season -- which includes two losses by 30 points or more in the past six days -- management has begun to gauge the trade value of a number of its players, including Stephen Jackson and Gerald Wallace, two NBA sources confirmed to the Charlotte Observer Thursday.

Coach Larry Brown, following his team's 33-point loss to the Memphis Grizzlies Wednesday, called his players out for an apparent lack of effort.
"I had to get on them at halftime, beg them to play. That's not what I'm supposed to be doing,'' Brown told the Charlotte Observer. "No effort, no teamwork, guys don't run back. They blame it on the referees.''
As a result, Bobcats management is assessing its trade options. The two sources -- both executives with other NBA teams -- spoke on condition of anonymity to the newspaper because of the sensitivity of the subject.
"It would not surprise me at all'' if the Bobcats move one of their top players, one source told the Observer. "I will say I think they're asking for a lot.''
Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins did not immediately return a phone message left by the Observer early Thursday evening.
Trades have been common for the Bobcats since Brown was hired as coach in April 2008. Since then, the Bobcats have made nine trades involving 27 players. The only players who pre-date Brown's arrival are Wallace and center Nazr Mohammed.

I dont Know the cap situation but if it's possible w/o losing much what about one of these 2? I'd prefer Crash but id prefer S.Jax if he wasn't such a hothead.
<!--columnistprofile is null--><!-- begin sponsored links -->

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I just heard about that on ESPN. I was thinking about Tyrus Thomas but he has a big 5 year contract. The Bobcats losing Felton hit them hard, good thing the Knicks have him.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I hate using the NBA trade machine because its unrealistic but it does give an idea of people's contract.

Azzy and Randolph for Tyrus Thomas works

Playing around with this does show how hard it is to pull off a good trade. This is not a good trade. Still fun to figure something out.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Gerald Wallace

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...lo-anthony-new-york-knicks-could-land#page/11

A rumor just recently started to circulate that the Charlotte Bobcats were interested in moving Gerald Wallace and/or Stephen Jackson.
Jackson is a tough sell to most franchises, but nearly any organization would be foolish not to at least attempt to acquire Wallace's services.
Wallace is one of the premier perimeter defenders and his rebounding prowess would greatly help the Knicks.
He's owed roughly $32 million over the next three years, and if the Knicks don't get Carmelo Anthony, Wallace would be a more than satisfactory consolation prize. Like Iguodala, Wallace may even be a better fit.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I'm concerned about Wallace's playing style leading to injury.

It also can't be forgotten that Wallace has a huge contract. I still say we go after OJ Mayo...give them a salary dump by trading Bill Walker + Andy Rautins + 2nd Round Pick.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I'm not for most of the trades including Wallace, thought it was worth mentioning. Ridnour is the only trade rumor I am for, and the possibility of Dalembert got me only thinking.

The Bobcats have nothing offer mostly because of their player's contracts.