Dont Trade Galo

miked1958

Rotation player
CANT NOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH!!!

I want Melo just as much as the next guy but i disagree with Mark Jackson and Van Gundy. I think in the long run we will be really SORRY if we trade this kid. I would not want to break up this chemistry we have going right now. I think if we wait it out we can have it all. Galo, Chandler and Melo in offseason.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Yep..... Gallo will have an unstoppable offensive arsenal to wreak upon opponents once he puts it all together.. All of the components are there. He will get to all-star level eventually. We just need to be patient w him.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Melo a superstar now, can't predict how Gallo will be in the future. Melo draws attention, it is almost the same as comparing David Lee and Amare. We all loved David Lee but Amare has more impact. Most of us like Gallo but Melo has more impact.

la2ny

Starter
yeah lee was an all star but amare has impact points same w/ mello. throw in the fact that if mello was as hot as gallo in the first half he would have ended up w/ 40-50

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
I don't like Gallinari. He sucks.

Well, I do think if you could get melo..Than do it. I don't want to give up chandler. I like galli, But he's very young. by the time he developes his true Potential, we will be 55 years old..

I'm not saying you're going to win a championship within a year with melo. But you get a few more better players during the summer. And this might be a very good team..But we need to step up the "D" as well .This is New york not alabama. This Franchise should have never gotten themselves in to this mess thanks to Dolan..He payed allan houston 100 million in 96. and as much as I love houston. He was a bit of a disappointment . the knicks made awful trades. Just tragic that this a new york franchise got it self so bad That we have Completely rebuilt while the Bostons and Lakers of the worlds Always find very quick ways to improve. It dosen't take them 10 years or 15 years to rebuilt.

We Don't deserve this.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Don't think Gallo sucks, but Van Gundy's comments struck a cord with me tonight. I do think if we can give up Gallo and one other for Melo we do it. There is no way we won't be better without him. Not only that, but we will attract better role players that have more experience and want to play with a team with two fantastic stars. Can't say no to that. Might even attract another star and I believe we would then have 4 big time stars as Felton is going to be a star.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Well, I do think if you could get melo..Than do it. I don't want to give up chandler. I like galli, But he's very young. by the time he developes his true Potential, we will be 55 years old..

I'm not saying you're going to win a championship within a year with melo. But you get a few more better players during the summer. And this might be a very good team..But we need to step up the "D" as well .This is New york not alabama. This Franchise should have never gotten themselves in to this mess thanks to Dolan..He payed allan houston 100 million in 96. and as much as I love houston. He was a bit of a disappointment . the knicks made awful trades. Just tragic that this a new york franchise got it self so bad That we have Completely rebuilt while the Bostons and Lakers of the worlds Always find very quick ways to improve. It dosen't take them 10 years or 15 years to rebuilt.

We Don't deserve this.

It wouldn't take us 10 or 15 years to rebuild normally...we just hired Scott Layden and Isiah Thomas, which is why it's taking us a while.

Let's not forget the fact that the Celtics and Lakers were terrible for the bulk of the 90's. The Celtics, in fact, were a bottom-feeding joke until they made a bunch of trades that let them to a championship...the Lakers suffered through the post-Magic pre-Kobe years until they drafted a kid out of PA who turned out to be an all-time great player...

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
It wouldn't take us 10 or 15 years to rebuild normally...we just hired Scott Layden and Isiah Thomas, which is why it's taking us a while.

Let's not forget the fact that the Celtics and Lakers were terrible for the bulk of the 90's. The Celtics, in fact, were a bottom-feeding joke until they made a bunch of trades that let them to a championship...the Lakers suffered through the post-Magic pre-Kobe years until they drafted a kid out of PA who turned out to be an all-time great player...

Yeah but they already had more championships than the knicks put together. and yeah the celtis where bad for a bit. But they had won championships. the decade before in 80's . we haven't won anything since 1973!! 38 years ago. It never took the lakers that long or the celtics either . Yeah I know we are rebuilding, but we can't be contenders with antoni's way of playing,
You just can't. Because we're going to be singing the same tune years after years.

la2ny

Starter
Boston was shit for a long while before that series of BS trades back in 07.
they were a pretty good team with a young pierce and antoine walker in 01 they were in the ECF. 6 yrs.

but to your point beantown lands KG and Ray Allen.those 2 brought in Posey for cheap,and p.j.brown. then their run last year brought in Rasheed for cheap,and marquis daniels.Now they get Shaq,J.O,Delonte,and Nate for cheap.

why? because teams that have more than one star usually win nowadays. i know people have their concerns about mellamare. then again people said amare was only a finisher he couldn't create offense and close.well he's becoming better at making plays outta crap or getting his team open shots.And he's the leading 4th qtr. scorer.

la2ny

Starter
Yeah but they already had more championships than the knicks put together. and yeah the celtis where bad for a bit. But they had won championships. the decade before in 80's . we haven't won anything since 1973!! 38 years ago. It never took the lakers that long or the celtics either . Yeah I know we are rebuilding, but we can't be contenders with antoni's way of playing,
You just can't. Because we're going to be singing the same tune years after years.
just like phx was to SA and Dal

GeseStark

Benchwarmer
just like phx was to SA and Dal
Haha..I see that we both can't sleep . Just thinking about this Hopefully we win tonite. No, we need to win. Because Than we will have a 3 game losing streak and against cleveland who are playing absolutely horrible . And cleveland fans where saying That they have a feeling they will win tonite. hope they are wrong.:crossfingers:

la2ny

Starter
If we lose to Cleveland everyone will start talking about missing the playoffs again and it'll be a firesale on these boards for everyone accept Amare and Felton

New New York

Quiet Storm
I once compared David Lee's and Stats game to one another and said that losing Lee's ability to rebound is worth what you get from Amare.....I was instantly bashed on that one!

Fast forward and you most agree that I was right

But enough tooting my own horn (seriously I'm not an arogant poster)!

I am one of the posters who believe that we should not trade for Melo because we have a shot at him outright....but assuming we do...then Gallo can be had!

Here's why

The reason why a lot of us like Gallo is his shooting and ability to spread the floor (much like we like Lee's tenacity on the boards) and parting with that for a lesser shooter seems dumb (much like paring ways with a Lee for a lesser rebounder seemed dumb)

Consider this....as good as Gallo is shooting and as good as he has been getting to the hoop recently, he is not better then Melo at it.

Melo's ability to get to the hoop, draw fouls (he is a Superstar and will get calls Gallo won't) and finish (much better than that) is worth the drop off in shooting from 3....and lets not forget Melo will hit his share!