Dont Trade Galo

New New York

Quiet Storm
Its Like Comparing Lee to Amare!

I once compared David Lee's and Stats game to one another and said that losing Lee's ability to rebound is worth what you get from Amare.....I was instantly bashed on that one!

Fast forward and you most agree that I was right

But enough tooting my own horn (seriously I'm not an arogant poster)!

I am one of the posters who believe that we should not trade for Melo because we have a shot at him outright and I stand behind that (despite this monsterous two game losing streak, LOL)....but assuming we do...then Gallo can be had!

Here's why

The reason why a lot of us like Gallo is his shooting and ability to spread the floor (much like we like Lee's tenacity on the boards) and parting with that for a lesser shooter seems dumb (much like paring ways with a Lee for a lesser rebounder seemed dumb)

Consider this....as good as Gallo is shooting and as good as he has been getting to the hoop recently, he is not better then Melo at it. Truth is Melo is better at driving then Gallo is at shooting!

Melo's ability to get to the hoop, draw fouls (he is a Superstar and will get calls Gallo won't) and finish (much better than that) is worth the drop off in shooting from 3....and lets not forget Melo will hit his share!

I believe we lose last nights game with Melo or not....but not Boston or Atl. (our two other most recent losses)

now who is packaged along w Gallo could kill this deal for me plus we could nab better pairs of FA's this summer as oppossed to just getting Melo....but that is neither here nor there!

If it comes down to just parting w/ Gallo...then I'd say do it! No way we part w/ Mr. Wilson tho!

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
As long as we don't give up Gallo and Wil, or Gallo and Fields(or Wil and Fields)...I could live with losing Gallo to get Melo. I think one of the above guys, plus Azzy, Currys' contract, and a 1st we get from Randolph, should be the most we give Denver...

miked1958

Rotation player
It just seems NY Teams give up on young talent to soon

No, your life just sucks. You are projecting.

Gallinari is 22 and a future all star. You are a pathetic poster who hates Mike D'Antoni.

Swallow that, you SSOL non believer.

The Mets have done it over and over. even the Giants with Ryan grant and others. I know they had to many running backs at the time, but overall there is example after example of NY teams wanting it RIGHT NOW and not willing to wait for their talent to mature. Knicks have STUNK for years and we finally have some good talent that i feel will mature into future AllStars. Yes there is no comparision of any Knick other then AMARE when it comes to Melo. that is a given. But i dont think we should morgtage the future for 1 player.
If our brass feels we can get him without giving up to much, fine. Otherwise i say we wait and sign him as a FA. He is not signing an EXT with anyone, trade or not this year. Now as a FA is it a given we sign him. No, of course not, we been down that road. BUt i would much rather have Melo with Galo and Chandler then without them.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
No, your life just sucks. You are projecting.

Gallinari is 22 and a future all star. You are a pathetic poster who hates Mike D'Antoni.

Swallow that, you SSOL non believer.

lol at this herb trying to act tough on the internet.

U mad cause I made a statement you don't agree with?

Gallinari is 6'10 and shoots 40% from the field. He has no inside game, no post up game, and shoots 30-35% from the field on most nights.

He sucks, get over it.

As for D'Antoni, he sucks too.

He hasn't done anything for the Knicks since he's got here, so until he actually does something, he will continue to suck.

Hitman

Benchwarmer
lol at this herb trying to act tough on the internet.

U mad cause I made a statement you don't agree with?

Gallinari is 6'10 and shoots 40% from the field. He has no inside game, no post up game, and shoots 30-35% from the field on most nights.

He sucks, get over it.

As for D'Antoni, he sucks too.

He hasn't done anything for the Knicks since he's got here, so until he actually does something, he will continue to suck.

I'm not mad at all, actually.

He doesn't shoot 30-35% from the field on "most nights." He shoots .414% on "most nights."

That is his average..

And his TS% is obviously much, much higher, but your probably loved Stephon Marbury and you have no idea about things like math.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'm not mad at all, actually.

He doesn't shoot 30-35% from the field on "most nights." He shoots .414% on "most nights."

That is his average..

And his TS% is obviously much, much higher, but your probably loved Stephon Marbury and you have no idea about things like math.

Thanks for proving my point. Check the field goal percentage for most small forwards.

99% of the starting NBA small forwards all shoot better percentages than him.

But Gallinari's sperm is all over your eyes, so you can't read stats.

The guy has no defense, no rebounding, no inside game, his jump shot is inconsistent, and he moves like a robot.

Keep sucking your boyfriend's dick, cause that doesn't change the facts.

Hitman

Benchwarmer
Thanks for proving my point. Check the field goal percentage for most small forwards.

99% of the starting NBA small forwards all shoot better percentages than him.

But Gallinari's sperm is all over your eyes, so you can't read stats.

The guy has no defense, no rebounding, no inside game, his jump shot is inconsistent, and he moves like a robot.

Keep sucking your boyfriend's dick, cause that doesn't change the facts.

Ok, hater. Enjoy your crappy minimum wage life.

Sorry, but the team will be much better without Gallo...we are going to need a solid consistant team. We have to get rid of players that can't deliver night in and night out...the inconsistancy is hurting our chemistry. We don't need players Galloping up and down the court waiting for their shot to get hot. Play some Defense, grab boards, hustle and wait for the game to come to you and stop hurting the team by being in the way!! What part of this is hard to understand?

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Sorry, but the team will be much better without Gallo...we are going to need a solid consistant team. We have to get rid of players that can't deliver night in and night out...the inconsistancy is hurting our chemistry. We don't need players Galloping up and down the court waiting for their shot to get hot. Play some Defense, grab boards, hustle and wait for the game to come to you and stop hurting the team by being in the way!! What part of this is hard to understand?

Cosgined

The Gallo fanatics are unbelievable in their over-valuation of his play and his potential. gallo has been the worst start this season hands down. He also will never become an all-star because he does not have real talent to develop. He is not athletic, an overrated shooter, an awkward defender and is the most incosistent player on our team. People on here compare him to Nowitzki when the comparison is more along the lines of J.R. Smith an inconsistent chucker who can shoot you out of a ball game all by himself. Gallo has been one of the most overrated players this entire season and the media and fans alike are both guilty. Scouts and GMs however are much smarter and you better believe the reason why Melo isn't here right now is because the crappy season Gallo is having.

iSaYughh

Starter
Gall

Upper echelon in the NBA in:

+/-
Offensive Rating (rtg)
Turnover%
Offensive Win Share
Charges Drawn
3pt Shooting

His field goal % is low bc half his shots are behind the arc, and he his mid range game is his biggest weakness. But not like that or anything else can be improved by young NBA players around the age of 22.

Saying Gallo isn't athletic is absurd. Maybe he isn't; we just then need a new name for 6'10 forwards slashing and performing from behind dunks and hooks on BOS.

Scouts rate Gallo very highly. And they always have. Which is why he was a mortal lock of a lotto pick. And who knows what DEN thinks of Gallo; it's just one team anyways that's been posturing and waiting as long as possible before finally starting to publicly acquiesce that they are intent on trading Melo for players.

If you don't want players that can't deliver "night in, night out". Then never draft players, trade all picks, and any youth you have trade immediately for 50cents on the dollar for consistently mediocre veterans who will only decline.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Gall

Upper echelon in the NBA in:

+/-
Offensive Rating (rtg)
Turnover%
Offensive Win Share
Charges Drawn
3pt Shooting

Source?

According to PER and other Metrics ESPN has Gallo listed as the 28th SF in the league. Chandler is ranked 5... Where are you getting these numbers?