kings . knicks in talk

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
well i was in another website a real gm kings forum. a poster that has been there for 7yrs . he has an insider saying there's a rumor going around that theres serious talk about something brewing wit kings and knicks . here it goes

The topic on the KINGS board is : ALL TRADE RUMORS HERE : SOMETHING'S BREWING..

port this postReply with quoteRe: All Trade Rumors here: Something's brewing..[UPDATE: Pg 6]
by perezident on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:00 pm

New info guys (for those interested): The Knicks made some inquiries about Landry. It is speculated that if Petrie can get a pick out the deal, he'll consider it heavily. It should also be noted that the deal could also involve another player (Dalembert?)

As it relates to the other guys who were mentioned on page 6, well it all boils down to the other teams much rather JT at this point and Petrie isn't feeling that at all. But they are still talking to see if they can come to some common ground.

With this new development now, I can see why Knicks would want to deal for Landry and I'm guessing Dally as the next player. They are pretty thin up front and adding those guys would make it a lot interesting for a playoff push. But I wonder what could they possibly offer? Can they even deal anymore future picks?

Curry Turiaf Chandler 1st rounder for Landry Dally?

well a first rounder i wont think that will happen maybe the other way around

la2ny

Starter
well we'd have no shot @ mello if we get dalembert & Landry unless were sending an even match of salary but idk all iknow is neither would've changed the outcome from tonights game much lol

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Samuel Dalembert

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...lo-anthony-new-york-knicks-could-land#page/11

Samuel Dalembert was recently moved to the bench in favor of rookie DeMarcus Cousins. It has yet to be seen if this move is a permanent one, but it's hard to gauge how the situation plays out with coach Paul Westphal calling the shots.
Either way, it doesn't look like Dalembert will be a member of the Kings beyond this season.
Dalembert would give the Knicks the size they need up front and is a savvy veteran center who can be their defensive anchor whether it be in the starting lineup or off the bench.
It also helps that he has a $12.2 million expiring contract that nearly matches up with Eddy Curry's contract.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Carl Landry

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...lo-anthony-new-york-knicks-could-land#page/11

Carl Landry's demotion to the bench for the Sacramento Kings could be the writing on the wall for his future with the Kings.
Landry is a skilled forward that is more productive than the Kings' current front-court players and it doesn't look like the Kings will retain him.
He has an expiring contract and he's a name of interest on the trade market.
While he's not exactly the type of size the Knicks need up front, nor is he a defensive stopper, he would greatly bolster the Knicks' depth chart.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Jason Thompson

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...lo-anthony-new-york-knicks-could-land#page/10

Starting to see a theme here?
The Kings have a group of big bodies and they've been actively shopping some of them.
Jason Thompson's move to the starting lineup seems less of a vote of confidence and more of a way to increase his trade value to potential suitors.
He is a legitimate seven footer that would give the Knicks a competent front-court player that could actually carve a future for himself in New York.
While Thompson has been inconsistent, he still has a great deal of potential that could really shine in New York.

la2ny

Starter
well they are expirings and jt has "potential" hate to use that. i wouldnt mind as much since they would come off the books if anybody tho it would be sam because he's a shot blocker and great rebounder

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I was thinking the same about Dalembert. Still want Mozgov to come out of nowhere and be a beast on defense and offense, but doesn't look like it will happen.