Pass on CP3.. Get D Will for the 2spot and try to retain Felton..

moneyg

Starter
take d will over cp3...and try to keep felton

2010-11 Statistics

<DL id=prastats><DT>Felton</DT><DT> </DT><DT>PPG </DT><DD>18.4 </DD><DT>RPG </DT><DD>3.80 </DD><DT>APG </DT><DD>9.0 </DD></DL>DWill

<DT>PPG </DT><DD>22.5 </DD><DT>RPG </DT><DD>3.90 </DD><DT>APG </DT><DD>9.7 </DD>
CP3

<DT>PPG </DT><DD>16.3 </DD><DT>RPG </DT><DD>4.40 </DD><DT>APG </DT><DD>9.9 </DD>

id rather make a play at Dwill first to play the 2 then see if we can retain felton somehow even if it means trading another player.

cp3 is very good

but so is dwill ...and he can play the 1 or the 2

2012 Core Four

Felton
Dwill
Melo
Amare

T Moz (hoping he develops) or some other nice quality big to play the 5

if we can somhow get felton to take less or maybe even Dwill giving up a lil to make it work.

We will probably be about 19 mil under the cap ( if T moz doesnt work out I think we can cut him and save there too.

its possible and this combination gives us the best chance at a CHIP

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
SMH

melo at the 4 and amare at the 5 long term..

this is hilarious

this is not fantasy bball

:teeth::teeth::teeth:

So Melo can't play PF in D'ants system even though D'ant has a history of playing small and Melo has a history of playing PF in D'ants system for team USA yet you want arguably the best PG in the league to play off the ball at SG!?

:teeth::teeth:

SMH indeed...

moneyg

Starter
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/50869126-62/game-points-jazz-tonight.html.csp

im not gonna paste the whole artlicle .. you can click the link

here's a piece though

Deron on playing the two position
?I guess committing to it. Knowing that?s what I have to do. It seems like before when I played the two, plays weren?t being run to me. I don?t like being out there and not touching the ball. Now we?re running plays where I get the ball back and can create for myself or for others.?

he has been playin the 2 more in Utah this season for who????....watch

in Oantini's system there are 1 and 2 are interchangeable.. they would both be starting.. then one of them can always stay on the floor while the other is resting...

both can run the p and r and defenses wont know where the play is comin from

and both can shoot...

dwill and felton>>>>> cp3 and whoever else his other backcourt mate is

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/50869126-62/game-points-jazz-tonight.html.csp

im not gonna paste the whole artlicle .. you can click the link

here's a piece though

Deron on playing the two position
?I guess committing to it. Knowing that?s what I have to do. It seems like before when I played the two, plays weren?t being run to me. I don?t like being out there and not touching the ball. Now we?re running plays where I get the ball back and can create for myself or for others.?

he has been playin the 2 more in Utah this season for who????....watch

in Oantini's system there are 1 and 2 are interchangeable.. they would both be starting.. then one of them can always stay on the floor while the other is resting...

both can run the p and r and defenses wont know where the play is comin from

and both can shoot...

dwill and felton>>>>> cp3 and whoever else his other backcourt mate is

I have to give you credit for thinking outside the box. D will and Felton would be a disgusting back court. And Williams could play the 2 as he is 6'4''. I like it. I don't really see it happening, but i like it.

KingCharles34

All Star
hmmm

how about you pass on 5 stars, get this one star and retain it
icon13.gif

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's not the WORST idea in the world but...why not just sign D-Will, and then...I dunno...get a better shooting guard? As opposed to having two point guards?

moneyg

Starter
let me see you do better with a 58 mil cap in 2012

it would work offensively and defensively

see isiah and dumars

i notice that most of you guys are putting together a team that makes no sense from a cap prespective

if we were gonna get a paul or dwill.. we can keep galo or chandler or fields unless that take the vet min for 1.9 mil

in 2012 if we add melo via trade or in the offseason

amare 18.2 mil
t moz 2.8 mil
melo 18 mil

thats 39 mil...

so assuming the cap is 58 mil.. that leaves about 19 mil.. not sure if tmo contract is fully guaranteed but let say you can save about anothe 3 mil if u waive or trade him for a second rounder

let me see you come up with a better core than..

felton
dwill
melo
amare

remember you cant sign a player to the MLE unless your over the cap which we wont be

you can only sign players to vet min

let me see how creative you guys are

and be realistic tyson chandler and gasol are not playinf for 2 mil a year..aight

clumsy

Rotation player
You guys realize that CP3 may have bone on bone issues with his Knee like Brandon Roy.....It will never heal.

the greats of last era are dying.

Brandon Roy, CP3, Yao

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I first thought this would get ridiculous at you even thinking about Utah giving up D-Will.

And then, it got worse.

No way in hell this works, this isn't NBA Live.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I have to give you credit for thinking outside the box. D will and Felton would be a disgusting back court. And Williams could play the 2 as he is 6'4''. I like it. I don't really see it happening, but i like it.

Having D. Will as a SG would be a fail. If we were to acquire him, he would strictly play PG ..

After that, what I would do is immediately trade Felton for a SG like O.J. Mayo, so he could play as the SG.

iSaYughh

Starter
^^ ya. DWill is arguably the best pg in the entire NBA. Facilitating an offense while dishing to the tune of 10apg.

Why take The Best at a position and tinker with him. Not just his duties, but the whole psychology and emotions behind it. Taking a preeminent floor general and putting him with another floor general. Maybe he could do it, though, I'm sure he could adapt...Still if we got him I'd just sit his ass down as our top3 nba PG no questions asked.

If Felton was a bit more of a hybrid PG, a la the prototype that Arenas ushered in, then I could see it more. But still...If we did by miracle get Deron, it'd make sense to trade Felton IMO. And if anything make Felton the sg, IMO.

Be a nice problem to have either way.

MBlackVJesusP7

Benchwarmer
Co-sign, you don't get one of the top 3 PG's in the league to play SG. If we ever got D-Will or Cp3, then we trade Felton for a swingman or bigman.

moneyg

Starter
Co-sign, you don't get one of the top 3 PG's in the league to play SG. If we ever got D-Will or Cp3, then we trade Felton for a swingman or bigman.

first of all feltons contract would be up and we prabobaly have to give up his rights to sign d will so trading him wont be an option

our offense can run thru d will and at times felton... but more so thru d will

the main thing is we willhave a legitmate pg on the court at both times..

obvious felton would be the first guard to hit the bench so d will will get more minutes

how can an defense predit.. our offense is base on moveing the ball.. passing is key.

i would just call them guards.. not point or sg

moneyg

Starter
Having D. Will as a SG would be a fail. If we were to acquire him, he would strictly play PG ..

After that, what I would do is immediately trade Felton for a SG like O.J. Mayo, so he could play as the SG.

so are you saying that utah is wrong for playin him at the 2 in some situations???