Originally Posted by metrocard
How is it beneficial when the knowledge is limited?

Knowledge should be unlimited, and adoptable to change and the environment.

The bible isn't that. Its outdated, closed minded, limited and its against humanity.

If the bible was editable and open to new ideas, I would embrace it fully.

Keep in mind I was raised roman catholic due to my environment and my family tradition. I have nothing against religious people, I just wish they actually used the theology into good and productive use. You don't have to agree my brother. I just say it how it is.
This.

I'm not a religious person at all, but what I get out of it are certain teachings: be nice to other people, try and do good work for those around you, to allow yourself to listen so that others will listen to you.

Too often religion has become a way to separate us all. One group thinks they are right, the other thinks they themselves are right; and they do not relent. It frequently causes war, death and travesty when it should be creating unity. My problem is not with religion, it is with people who use it as a separator not a unifier.

I've gotten certain things out of my religion, but I am not naive enough to believe that if someone does not believe what I do they are doomed to an eternity of pain and suffering. I simply prefer to use religion, and I wish others would do the same, to teach people how to be good to each other and unify the world rather than divide it. It does not matter how you get to the teachings, whether you believe in Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, or in Flying Spaghetti Monster. If you get a positive message and it helps you be a better PERSON (e.g. you do not berate or threaten others who do not believe in what you believe with eternal damnation) THAT is most important.