Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 303

Thread: what does the bible really teach?

  1. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Its irrelevant what you call unwise in this instance concerning any JW, because u have no Idea what its like to be one. It is in fact the toughest thing in this world to be, since Satans world is designed to work against all God deems righteous. King David had a womans husband killed so he would not find out he was not only sleeping with her, but got her pregnant. Yet he is still revered as a righteous man. So if a person does wrong, but turns back, God accepts them back, as do we as his brothers.

    No one ever said JW were perfect people.

    Jesus is only your teacher if you are a follower of Christ. Christ served Jehovah God. You do not. End of story.

    I do believe that verse speaking of "your father" refers to Satan being their father, since they lacked the truth. But to be sure, I ask u cite the verse u quoted, pls.

    When Jehovah formed the Jews, he made a specific group of people to be in charge of teaching the law. When jesus came he taught, and corrected previous false ideas so that his disciples would have accurate knowledge of God, and his son. Also, he has a people out of the earth for a reason. We are his witnesses that he is God. He never intended for people to search alone for him. You, by doing so, are ignoring his loving provision. This is why you lack accurate knowledge of the bible.

    How could u expect Jehovah to grant u accurate knowledge of his word, when u ignore him? He said he would have a people in the time of the end. People that lived to worship him. Yet you stand there in opposition of him, sayin you are better off alone and away from him and his people.

    Biblically speaking, you are not equipped to properly serve God acceptably on your own. He has order. He plans to rid the earth of wickedness, while preserving righteousness. Righteous ones serve God on his terms. Righteous ones preach the good news of the kingdom. Last I checked only one group of people do this, while acknowledging Jehovah as their God.

    Period.

  2. #32
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Its irrelevant what you call unwise in this instance concerning any JW, because u have no Idea what its like to be one. It is in fact the toughest thing in this world to be, since Satans world is designed to work against all God deems righteous. King David had a womans husband killed so he would not find out he was not only sleeping with her, but got her pregnant. Yet he is still revered as a righteous man. So if a person does wrong, but turns back, God accepts them back, as do we as his brothers.

    No one ever said JW were perfect people.


    Jesus is only your teacher if you are a follower of Christ. Christ served Jehovah God. You do not. End of story.


    I do believe that verse speaking of "your father" refers to Satan being their father, since they lacked the truth. But to be sure, I ask u cite the verse u quoted, pls.


    When Jehovah formed the Jews, he made a specific group of people to be in charge of teaching the law. When jesus came he taught, and corrected previous false ideas so that his disciples would have accurate knowledge of God, and his son. Also, he has a people out of the earth for a reason. We are his witnesses that he is God. He never intended for people to search alone for him. You, by doing so, are ignoring his loving provision. This is why you lack accurate knowledge of the bible.

    How could u expect Jehovah to grant u accurate knowledge of his word, when u ignore him? He said he would have a people in the time of the end. People that lived to worship him.
    Yet you stand there in opposition of him, sayin you are better off alone and away from him and his people.

    Biblically speaking, you are not equipped to properly serve God acceptably on your own. He has order. He plans to rid the earth of wickedness, while preserving righteousness. Righteous ones serve God on his terms. Righteous ones preach the good news of the kingdom. Last I checked only one group of people do this, while acknowledging Jehovah as their God.

    Period.
    • To your first point, I certainly understand that it is a unique experience to be a JW, or a member of any other religion; but it is obvious that calling it unwise for anyone to assume they know what Jesus would do with people (something your organization does) does not require me to know exactly what it is like to be a Jehovah's Witness. *If you still insist it does, I must tell you that I studied with the witnesses for nearly ten years, attending conventions, bible studies and Sunday meetings. With these credentials in "hand," I still must call it unwise for an individual or group to think they know what Jesus wants, seeing as Jesus' apostles often judged incorrectly, regarding how they believed Jesus would decide on many issues. What can be said is that Jesus loved all, had compassion for all, even when ordinary men condemned these sheep. This tells me that, if Jesus could meet with us now, he would not favor you over me or either of us over even the most "evil" of men. He would call us all his sheep and bring the light to all.
    • As for your comment on being a witness being painful, Jesus himself says his yoke is light and easy. Is that not a sign that you might not be practicing in the spirit Jesus intended? The Apostle James describes right worship thusly, and I hope all organizations, amongst Christian denominations, and non Christian groups as well, adhere to this... James 3:
    13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15 Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. 16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. 17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.


    Many groups, make religion painful (as you described), not the light, meek yoke that Jesus spoke of. In addition, I know the JW's organization (not necessarily JW members) to be very boastful and exclusionary toward other groups, even fellow Christians. When it comes down to it, they believe every other church is in league with Satan. How is this free of "selfish ambition?" How is is this free of "boasting?" And when they deny it, which James warns against, are they not making it even more clear that they are unrepentant and running further astray from Jesus' message?



    Why is it so hard for you to believe that Jesus loved all people. And, if he is today aware of us, loves all of us and is not exclusive in giving grace to your group?

    • I never said JW's are perfect or need be perfect. I said you should not make broad statements, i.e., "Jehovah's Witnesses are not blind followers." JW's are made up of many individuals. Each individual is different. This is my point. The organization, when I was associated with it, liked to make these broad statements: "We are the most peaceful people in the world," etc. Such statements are way too broad and fail to recognize that violence is more than physical, more than just about refusing military service, etc.
    • No, it's not the "end of story," Jesus asked for our love, nothing more: 1 John 4,
    7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10

    So the test of divine communion is not one of following rules and repeating empty words and names, it is one of love. Being a witness does not necessarily mean you know love. An atheist, a theist of whatever religion, is free to have this connection, not through empty words and proclamations, and certainly not through repetition of an intermediary's interpretation, but through silent, "complete" love, found in us.
    • It's presumptuous of you to believe I ignore YHWH, Jesus, God (as I see it). I read the bible because I love Jesus. I love God as I see it, which is limitless and undefinable. None of this is for you to judge.
    • Searching for God on one's own is part of searching for God as part of a group. Now, if the group is being controlled from those above them in a hierarchy, this group is more of an audience to their controllers and not at all participants. With the JW's, sadly, this is what I have found is the case: the watchtower mags turn the witnesses into an audience for their message, rather than engaging them as participants in an open discussion of the bible and its inspiring passages, thus your claim of how hard it is to be a witness.
    • Again, your group must be careful not to violate the biblical call for humility, for not judging others and for watching out for haughtiness. You are not the judge, I am sure you will agree, yet you say you are chosen people, thus making Jesus' purpose, even by Christian standards, unnecessary (you have already judged). Additionally, Jesus has saved even those that the apostles condemned, so, even if I believed in literal Armageddon, which I don't, Jesus' ways demonstrate that he cares for all people and is willing to save all people.
    God's terms for communion, even by Christian standards (as laid out by those touched by the holy spirit), are more than just about obedience and salvation. Jesus' religion is meant to inspire sacrifice for the sake of he who sacrificed for all: Jesus, thus his saying on Christians needing to lovingly bear their crosses daily. Jesus' teaching is about selflessness and rejection of material possessions. It is, most of all, about practicing real love and finding a connection to what the new testament calls the holy spirit.

    Because you make comments, and hold beliefs like the one you wrote out to me, about my so-called wrong knowledge of the bible, lack of connection to Jesus, etc., people are turned off by groups like the witnesses. You use fear (Armageddon) and greed (paradise Earth) to bring people to God.

    The Catholics call this "mercenary" (following God for pay, just like mercenary soldiers who fight for a country exclusively for the reward) and rejected this as a reason to follow Christ. I agree with them on this matter. The JW organization should learn to bring people to God by inspiring them with Jesus' love and welcoming nature, not by offering rewards and crapping on other faiths as being part of the system of things. This is exactly why I disassociated myself from them.

    This is why your posts of JW book chapters got no interest, while my kind and loving words to several people won, at the least, their respect. Because they saw I respected and embraced them, unconditionally, with no demands, and merely wanted to get them to question themselves, for their own sakes, something I wish people would have done for me years ago.

    Hopefully, I have helped you to do the same. Let me know if you'd like my perspective on something in the bible.


    God Loves You, brother.

    Peace and Love to you.

  3. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Short and sweet, since you studied, ten years as you say, then you've made a conscious choice to ignore Jehovahs call. Thats absolutely your right to do so. This thread was for those who were interested in hearing the truth about God based on the Bibles viewpoint and theme. Not imperfect mans, no matter how noble the intent.

    Being that I know the whole world lies in the power of Satan, its no small wonder that the majority of the world chooses to ignore, ridicule, and look for negativity surrounding Gods people, as you have. I'm not posting this for points, hi fives, or to hear a bunch of folks tell me how brilliantly spiritual I am. However, for one who claims to be seeking such, it sure pleased you people flock to give u props. But hey, I knew all along this was about you and not God

    I will no longer bantar back and forth with u on this with u. It's a waste for both parties. I do ask that you kindly allow me to continue with original purpose of this thread. Thank you.

  4. #34
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Short and sweet, since you studied, ten years as you say, then you've made a conscious choice to ignore Jehovahs call. Thats absolutely your right to do so. This thread was for those who were interested in hearing the truth about God based on the Bibles viewpoint and theme. Not imperfect mans, no matter how noble the intent.

    Being that I know the whole world lies in the power of Satan, its no small wonder that the majority of the world chooses to ignore, ridicule, and look for.
    You copy and pasted an article from a Watchtower magazine, verbatim. So you didn't really use the Bible's viewpoint.

    And considering Jehovah's Witnesses are charged money to order magazines, you're pretty much plagiarizing material from your organization.

    To believe that 6.7 billion people are going to be "put to death" and only 7.2 million people will be saved shows a strong lack of humility.

    And according to your organization, internet blogs, television, and music is part of Satan and the "system of things" so you aren't even supposed to be posting on this forum, by your organization's standards.

    Jehovah's Witnesses aren't even supposed to interact with non-witnesses unless it's for business and school related purposes, and I've seen you post about the Knicks on here, which has nothing to do with business or school.

    Jehovah's Witnesses are supposed to be "some of the happiest people" yet you use a lot of sarcasm and bitterness in your replies.

    It doesn't seem like you're happy to me.

  5. #35
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I would not reply, if you had not distorted my comments.

    1. I did not ridicule JW's, and I don't think all or most of the world does, in spite of what you might believe. I wish all JW's the very best and respect and love them greatly, as I do all people, in spite of the rude assumptions you have made about my knowledge of the bible and lack of a connection to Jesus.

    Furthermore, my hopes for your organization are not cause for you to feel insulted. I simply stated that I hope that JW's will begin to move toward unconditional love, humility and compassion, as taught and practiced by Jesus.

    2. I also stated that their doctrine of saying that we non-JW's are in league with Satan is wrong and usurps, even by Christian standards, Jesus' authority as judge. How is this ridicule or not in line with the bible?

    3. Finally, my exchanges with MVP and LJ were sincere and not self-interested, as you cynically tried to imply. My point to you was clear: because I respected others, spoke to them about learning of Jesus in a way that an atheist or a spiritually alienated youth could appreciate and use to approach Jesus' teachings for their individual beliefs and needs, they appreciated what I had to say.

    This I stated is in contrast with your organization's approach, which disregards others' interests and simply cares about its own. Why does it do this? Because the rest of us are in league with the devil, according to the watchtower. So, witnesses are taught to reach out to others to instruct them on their doctrine but not to learn about, and thus respect, others' beliefs.

    This is why I'm guessing you're upset by, and unwilling to discuss, a different perspective of the bible (and yes, your organization has nothing more than a perspective).

    In any case, God bless, Peace and Love.

  6. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    You copy and pasted an article from a Watchtower magazine, verbatim. So you didn't really use the Bible's viewpoint.

    And considering Jehovah's Witnesses are charged money to order magazines, you're pretty much plagiarizing material from your organization.

    To believe that 6.7 billion people are going to be "put to death" and only 7.2 million people will be saved shows a strong lack of humility.

    And according to your organization, internet blogs, television, and music is part of Satan and the "system of things" so you aren't even supposed to be posting on this forum, by your organization's standards.

    Jehovah's Witnesses aren't even supposed to interact with non-witnesses unless it's for business and school related purposes, and I've seen you post about the Knicks on here, which has nothing to do with business or school.

    Jehovah's Witnesses are supposed to be "some of the happiest people" yet you use a lot of sarcasm and bitterness in your replies.

    It doesn't seem like you're happy to me.
    What the bible teaches is an aid we use along with the bible, to help ones learn the truth abt God, based on the bible theme. Its just easier.

    And, believing that only those who serve Jehovah will be spared, has nothing to do with humility at all. It has everything to do with sound biblical teaching. Tell me, how many people lived on earth when he flooded it, and only saved Noah and his family? How many in Sodom and Gammorah, when he only saved Lot and his family? Why then should it be unreasonable that he would again save only those who worship him today?

    And the bible does warn to be careful of taking advantage of the worl, not that we can not interact. Basketball is the game I love most. Nothing wrong with liking basketball, and speaking on it with those in the faith who like it, and to a degree, those outside. So long as it does not steer one away from their spiritual responsibilities, it's ok. What, do you think JW are drones? God wants us to enjoy life. Just not to the point ones sprituality is in jeopardy. Being a member of Knicksonline certainly does not affect me spiritually.

    And, you are wrong, we can interact with people outside of the faith. The bible implores not to be unevenly yolked with non believers. There is a huge diff.

    As far as me being happy to you.. Well Im glad it's irrelevant either way

    *also, I copied from the bible teach book from the website watchtower.org ,which is our website open to the public for viewing. I just took the extra liberty to bring it from that public website, to this one, for those who care to read.*

    Good day.

  7. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Chpt 4, who is Jesus Christ?

    Who Is Jesus Christ?


    What is Jesus’ special role?
    Where did he come from?
    What kind of person was he?


    THERE are many famous people in the world. Some are well-known in their own community, city, or country. Others are known worldwide. However, just knowing the name of someone famous does not mean that you truly know him. It does not mean that you know details about his background and what he is really like as a person.

    2 People around the world have heard something about Jesus Christ, even though he lived on earth some 2,000 years ago. Yet, many are confused about who Jesus really was. Some say that he was merely a good man. Others claim that he was nothing more than a prophet. Still others believe that Jesus is God and should be worshiped. Should he?

    3 It is important for you to know the truth about Jesus. Why? Because the Bible says: “This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.” (John 17:3) Yes, knowing the truth about Jehovah God and about Jesus Christ can lead to everlasting life on a paradise earth. (John 14:6) Furthermore, Jesus sets the best example of how to live and how to treat others. (John 13:34,*35) In the first chapter of this book, we discussed the truth about God. Now let us consider what the Bible really teaches about Jesus Christ.


    THE PROMISED MESSIAH
    4 Long before Jesus was born, the Bible foretold the coming of the one whom God would send as the Messiah, or Christ. The titles “Messiah” (from a Hebrew word) and “Christ” (from a Greek word) both mean “Anointed One.” This promised One would be anointed, that is, appointed by God to a special position. In later chapters of this book, we will learn more about the Messiah’s important place in the fulfillment of God’s promises. We will also learn about the blessings that Jesus can bring us even now. Before Jesus was born, however, many no doubt wondered, ‘Who will prove to be the Messiah?’

    5 In the first century*C.E., the disciples of Jesus of Nazareth were fully convinced that he was the foretold Messiah. (John 1:41) One of the disciples, a man named Simon Peter, openly said to Jesus: “You are the Christ.” (Matthew 16:16) How, though, could those disciples—and how can we—be sure that Jesus really is the promised Messiah?

    6 The prophets of God who lived before Jesus foretold many details about the Messiah. These details would help others to identify him. We might illustrate things this way: Suppose you were asked to go to a busy bus depot or a train station or an airport to pick up someone you had never met before. Would it not help if someone gave you a few details about him? Similarly, by means of the Bible prophets, Jehovah gave a rather detailed description of what the Messiah would do and what he would experience. The fulfillment of these many prophecies would help faithful ones to identify him clearly.

    7 Consider just two examples. First, over 700 years in advance, the prophet Micah foretold that the promised One would be born in Bethlehem, a small town in the land of Judah. (Micah 5:2) Where was Jesus actually born? Why, in that very town! (Matthew 2:1, 3-9) Second, many centuries in advance, the prophecy recorded at Daniel 9:25 pointed to the very year when the Messiah was to appear—29*C.E.* The fulfillment of these and other prophecies proves that Jesus was the promised Messiah.
    At his baptism, Jesus became the Messiah, or Christ

    8 Further proof that Jesus was the Messiah became clear near the end of 29*C.E. That is the year when Jesus went to John the Baptizer to be baptized in the Jordan River. Jehovah had promised John a sign so that he could identify the Messiah. John saw that sign at Jesus’ baptism. The Bible says that this is what happened: “After being baptized Jesus immediately came up from the water; and, look! the heavens were opened up, and he saw descending like a dove God’s spirit coming upon him. Look! Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: ‘This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.’” (Matthew 3:16,*17) After seeing and hearing what happened, John had no doubt that Jesus was sent by God. (John 1:32-34) At the moment when God’s spirit, or active force, was poured out upon him that day, Jesus became the Messiah, or Christ, the one appointed to be Leader and King.—Isaiah 55:4.

    9 The fulfillment of Bible prophecy and Jehovah God’s own testimony plainly show that Jesus was the promised Messiah. But the Bible answers two other important questions about Jesus Christ: Where did he come from, and what kind of person was he?


    WHERE DID JESUS COME FROM?
    10 The Bible teaches that Jesus lived in heaven before he came to earth. Micah prophesied that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem and also said that His origin was “from early times.” (Micah 5:2) On many occasions, Jesus himself said that he lived in heaven before being born as a human. (John 3:13; 6:38,*62; 17:4,*5) As a spirit creature in heaven, Jesus had a special relationship with Jehovah.

    11 Jesus is Jehovah’s most precious Son—and for good reason. He is called “the firstborn of all creation,” for he was God’s first creation.# (Colossians 1:15) There is something else that makes this Son special. He is the “only-begotten Son.” (John 3:16) This means that Jesus is the only one directly created by God. Jesus is also the only one whom God used when He created all other things. (Colossians 1:16) Then, too, Jesus is called “the Word.” (John 1:14) This tells us that he spoke for God, no doubt delivering messages and instructions to the Father’s other sons, both spirit and human.

    12 Is the firstborn Son equal to God, as some believe? That is not what the Bible teaches. As we noted in the preceding paragraph, the Son was created. Obviously, then, he had a beginning, whereas Jehovah God has no beginning or end. (Psalm 90:2) The only-begotten Son never even considered trying to be equal to his Father. The Bible clearly teaches that the Father is greater than the Son. (John 14:28; 1*Corinthians 11:3) Jehovah alone is “God Almighty.” (Genesis 17:1) Therefore, he has no equal.%

    13 Jehovah and his firstborn Son enjoyed close association for billions of years—long before the starry heavens and the earth were created. How they must have loved each other! (John 3:35; 14:31) This dear Son was just like his Father. That is why the Bible refers to the Son as “the image of the invisible God.” (Colossians 1:15) Yes, even as a human son may closely resemble his father in various ways, this heavenly Son reflected his Father’s qualities and personality.

    14 Jehovah’s only-begotten Son willingly left heaven and came down to earth to live as a human. But you may wonder, ‘How was it possible for a spirit creature to be born as a human?’ To accomplish this, Jehovah performed a miracle. He transferred the life of his firstborn Son from heaven to the womb of a Jewish virgin named Mary. No human father was involved. Mary thus gave birth to a perfect son and named him Jesus.—Luke 1:30-35.


    WHAT KIND OF PERSON WAS JESUS?
    15 What Jesus said and did while on earth helps us to get to know him well. More than that, through Jesus we come to know Jehovah better. Why is this the case? Recall that this Son is a perfect reflection of his Father. That is why Jesus told one of his disciples: “He that has seen me has seen the Father also.” (John 14:9) The four Bible books known as the Gospels—Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John—tell us much about the life, activity, and personal qualities of Jesus Christ.

    16 Jesus was well-known as “Teacher.” (John 1:38; 13:13) What did he teach? Primarily, his message was “the good news of the kingdom”—that is, God’s Kingdom, the heavenly government that will rule over the entire earth and will bring endless blessings to obedient humans. (Matthew 4:23) Whose message was this? Jesus himself said: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me,” namely, Jehovah. (John 7:16) Jesus knew that his Father wants humans to hear about the good news of the Kingdom. In Chapter*8, we will learn more about God’s Kingdom and what it will accomplish.
    Jesus preached wherever he found people


    17 Where did Jesus do his teaching? Everywhere he found people—in the countryside as well as in cities, in villages, in marketplaces, and in their homes. Jesus did not expect people to come to him. He went to them. (Mark 6:56; Luke 19:5,*6) Why did Jesus go to such lengths and spend so much of his time preaching and teaching? Because doing so was God’s will for him. Jesus always did his Father’s will. (John 8:28,*29) But there was another reason why he preached. He felt compassion for the crowds of people who came out to see him. (Matthew 9:35,*36) They were neglected by their religious leaders, who should have been teaching them the truth about God and his purposes. Jesus knew how much the people needed to hear the Kingdom message.

    18 Jesus was a man of tender warmth and deep feelings. Others thus found him to be approachable and kind. Even children felt at ease with him. (Mark 10:13-16) Jesus was impartial. He hated corruption and injustice. (Matthew 21:12,*13) At a time when women received little respect and had few privileges, he treated them with dignity. (John 4:9,*27) Jesus was genuinely humble. On one occasion, he washed the feet of his apostles, a service usually performed by a lowly servant.

    19 Jesus was sensitive to the needs of others. This was especially evident when, under the power of God’s spirit, he performed miracles of healing. (Matthew 14:14) For example, a man with leprosy came to Jesus and said: “If you just want to, you can make me clean.” Jesus personally felt this man’s pain and suffering. Moved with pity, Jesus stretched out his hand and touched the man, saying: “I want to. Be made clean.” And the sick man was healed! (Mark 1:40-42) Can you imagine how that man must have felt?


    FAITHFUL TO THE END
    20 Jesus set the finest example of loyal obedience to God. He remained faithful to his heavenly Father under all kinds of circumstances and despite all types of opposition and suffering. Jesus firmly and successfully resisted Satan’s temptations. (Matthew 4:1-11) At one time, some of Jesus’ own relatives did not put faith in him, even saying that he was “out of his mind.” (Mark 3:21) But Jesus did not let them influence him; he kept right on doing God’s work. Despite insults and abuse, Jesus maintained self-control, never trying to harm his opposers.—1*Peter 2:21-23.

    21 Jesus remained faithful until death—a cruel and painful death at the hands of his
    enemies. (Philippians 2:8) Consider what he endured on the last day of his life as a human. He was arrested, accused by false witnesses, convicted by corrupt judges, laughed at by mobs, and tortured by soldiers. Nailed to a stake, he took his last breath, crying out: “It has been accomplished!” (John 19:30) However, on the third day after Jesus died, his heavenly Father resurrected him back to spirit life. (1*Peter 3:18) A few weeks later, he returned to heaven. There, he “sat down at the right hand of God” and waited to receive kingly power.—Hebrews 10:12,*13.

    22 What did Jesus accomplish by remaining faithful until death? Jesus’ death actually opens to us the opportunity for eternal life on a paradise earth, in harmony with Jehovah’s original purpose. How Jesus’ death makes that possible will be discussed in the next chapter.


    ***For an explanation of Daniel’s prophecy fulfilled in connection with Jesus, see the Appendix.
    #**Jehovah is called a Father because he is the Creator. (Isaiah 64:8) Since Jesus was created by God, he is called God’s Son. For similar reasons, other spirit creatures and even the man Adam are called sons of God.—Job 1:6; Luke 3:38.
    %**For further proof that the firstborn Son is not equal to God, see the Appendix.

    WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES
    Fulfilled prophecy and God’s own testimony prove that Jesus is the Messiah, or Christ.—Matthew 16:16.
    Jesus lived in heaven as a spirit creature long before he came to earth.—John 3:13.
    Jesus was a teacher, a man of tender warmth, and an example of perfect obedience to God.—Matthew 9:35,*36.


    Study Questions
    1, 2. (a)*Why does knowing about someone famous not mean that you truly know him? (b)*What confusion is there about Jesus?
    3. Why is it important for you to know the truth about Jesus?
    4. What do the titles “Messiah” and “Christ” mean?
    5. Of what were the disciples of Jesus fully convinced regarding him?
    6. Illustrate how Jehovah has helped faithful ones to identify the Messiah.
    7. What are two of the prophecies that were fulfilled in connection with Jesus?
    8, 9. What proof that Jesus was the Messiah became clear at his baptism?
    10. What does the Bible teach about Jesus’ existence before he came to earth?
    11. How does the Bible show that Jesus is Jehovah’s most precious Son?
    12. How do we know that the firstborn Son is not equal to God?
    13. What does the Bible mean when it refers to the Son as “the image of the invisible God”?
    14. How did Jehovah’s only-begotten Son come to be born as a human?
    15. Why can we say that through Jesus we come to know Jehovah better?
    16. What was Jesus’ primary message, and where did his teachings come from?
    17. Where did Jesus do his teaching, and why did he go to great lengths to teach others?
    18. What qualities of Jesus do you find most appealing?
    19. What example shows that Jesus was sensitive to the needs of others?
    20, 21. How did Jesus set an example of loyal obedience to God?
    22. What did Jesus accomplish by remaining faithful until death?

  8. #38
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    What the bible teaches is an aid we use along with the bible, to help ones learn the truth abt God, based on the bible theme. Its just easier.

    And, believing that only those who serve Jehovah will be spared, has nothing to do with humility at all. It has .
    Translation: the Jehovah's Witnesses believe everyone is going to be put to death except 7.2 million followers and the previous members who passed away.

    That is very logical, I know. And It's also very humble to put yourself above 6.7 billion people.

    And it's very peaceful to secretly believe everyone is with Satan, while you're handing them a magazine.

    You should listen to the things that come out of your mouth.

    But since you believe everything that comes from the Watchtower's Governing body aka human beings with suits, that's why you think it makes sense that someone who believes in Jesus and God will get put to death but someone who believes in "Jehovah" will live forever.

    Makes a ton of sense. I know.

  9. #39
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    These videos all show what the Jehovah's Witnesses are taught and what they believe in.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    2:00 to 2:30 sec shows you the anger and superiority Jehovah's Witnesses feel towards those who are not members of their Billion dollar organization, and it shows the mental control its members are under by the governing body.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This shows some of their failed prophecies. 2:00 to 4:00 is the main part.

    Leviticus 20:27(New World Translation)
    "And as for a man or woman in whom proves to be a mediumistic spirit or spirit of prediction, they should be put to death without fail. They should pelt them to death with stones. Their own blood is upon them."

    The Jehovah's Witnesses have predicted the end of the world on about 8 occasions.

  10. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Translation: the Jehovah's Witnesses believe everyone is going to be put to death except 7.2 million followers and the previous members who passed away.

    That is very logical, I know. And It's also very humble to put yourself above 6.7 billion people.

    And it's very peaceful to secretly believe everyone is with Satan, while you're handing them a magazine.

    You should listen to the things that come out of your mouth.

    But since you believe everything that comes from the Watchtower's Governing body aka human beings with suits, that's why you think it makes sense that someone who believes in Jesus and God will get put to death but someone who believes in "Jehovah" will live forever.

    Makes a ton of sense. I know.
    Sounds like you are masking a personal issue you have with God, on his followers. Its real simple, those who want to serve God live, because he is the living God. Those who dont, have chosen death for themselves. Simple concept guy.

    Being of Satans world, unknowingly, or knowingly , still garners the same punishment. Most people are not even aware Satan rules the world, and not God. This is why we preach, so they are made aware. So that they can come to God.

    Secondly, JW believe in the bible, which shows us that even those in the first century, had a governing body. Why should a servant of God have any issue with any theocratic provision? All it has done is provide absolute truth, and helped people turn to God acceptably. Don't agree, fine. Wat I ask of you, since you're the correct moral compass here, is to not make this thread a back n forth bantar of right or wrong. You obviously do not agree with the bibles true teachings. So this thread is not for you. Please do not spoil it fore the few who are reading and getting something from it. Thanks.

  11. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    These videos all show what the Jehovah's Witnesses are taught and what they believe in.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    2:00 to 2:30 sec shows you the anger and superiority Jehovah's Witnesses feel towards those who are not members of their Billion dollar organization, and it shows the mental control its members are under by the governing body.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This shows some of their failed prophecies. 2:00 to 4:00 is the main part.

    Leviticus 20:27(New World Translation)
    "And as for a man or woman in whom proves to be a mediumistic spirit or spirit of prediction, they should be put to death without fail. They should pelt them to death with stones. Their own blood is upon them."

    The Jehovah's Witnesses have predicted the end of the world on about 8 occasions.
    Ahem. That verse says do not consult with a spirit medium. JW have made false predictions based on biblical ref and the state of the world concerning the end, but we certainly do not consult spirit mediums to do so.

  12. #42
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Sounds like you are masking a personal issue you have with God, on his followers. Its real simple, those who want to serve God live, because he is the living God. Those who dont, have chosen death for themselves. Simple concept guy.

    .
    Translation: You could not answer the fact that your organization teaches its members to hate those who are not Jehovah's Witnesses.

    Jehovah's Witnesses have taken it upon themselves to play the role of God.

    According to the Jehovah's Witnesses, they already know who's going to heaven, who's going to go to paradise, and who's going to be put to death.

    In fact, the Jehovah's Witnesses already have an "annointed class" of members who are going to heaven that they selected themselves, name by name.

    It's funny because last time I checked, Christians believe God is the one who decides who goes to heaven and who doesn't, not human beings in suits.
    Last edited by abcd; Jan 11, 2011 at 13:03.

  13. #43
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Ahem. That verse says do not consult with a spirit medium. JW have made false predictions based on biblical ref and the state of the world concerning the end, but we certainly do not consult spirit mediums to do so.
    Actually, it says those who predict the end of the world will be put to death.

    I'm not a Christian, and I don't believe in what the quote says, but according to the New World Translation, Leviticus 20:27(New World Translation)
    "And as for a man or woman in whom proves to be a mediumistic spirit or spirit of prediction, they should be put to death without fail."

    The quote clearly states that a man or woman who acts as a source of prediction will be put to death.

    You can deny what the quote says, but it's in the Jehovah's Witness bible.

    1914, 1915, 1918, 1925, 1941, 1975, and 1994 are all years where the Jehovah's Witnesses predicted the end of the world.

    Instead of letting God decide when he wanted to end the world, the WatchTower Society decided for him.

  14. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Translation: You could not answer the fact that your organization teaches its members to hate those who are not Jehovah's Witnesses.

    Jehovah's Witnesses have taken it upon themselves to play the role of God.

    According to the Jehovah's Witnesses, they already know who's going to heaven, who's going to go to paradise, and who's going to be put to death.

    In fact, the Jehovah's Witnesses already have an "annointed class" of members who are going to heaven that they selected themselves, name by name.

    It's funny because last time I checked, Christians believe God is the one who decides who goes to heaven and who doesn't, not human beings in suits.
    Sad thing is, the only one seeming to hate anyone is YOU! Its pretty clear you hate JW. And thats fine. But to attmpt to spew your obvious hatred for truth, and ruin it for anyone who is interested, if only slightly, is just completely uncool. The JW on this board has shown no hatred towards you, or anyone. Time you relax.

  15. #45
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Sad thing is, the only one seeming to hate anyone is YOU! Its pretty clear you hate JW. And thats fine. But to attmpt to spew your obvious hatred for truth, and ruin it for anyone who is interested, if only slightly, is just completely uncool. The JW on this board has shown no hatred towards you, or anyone. Time you relax.
    I do not hate anyone, but you seem to believe that because I present facts that are supported with links, articles, and Bible quotes that I am attacking you.

    I don't take anything that you say personally, because I understand what you're going through.

    The Governing body is a billion dollar organization that controls every aspect of every member's life, while believing that everyone is with satan and everyone is going to be destroyed.

    In fact, by Jehovah's Witnesses standards, you aren't even supposed to post on here, because internet blogs are part of "Satan and the system of things."

    It is a fact that the Jehovah's Witness Organization wants God to kill everyone so that they could then be saved.

    The governing body teaches its members to cheer for Armageddon so that then everyone and everything could be destroyed except for the select Witnesses.

    This is a video of what happens to under aged 13 year olds who are baptized into the Jehovah's Witnesses and then decide to leave once they become an adult.

    The man in this video lost all his family, friends, and even his wife thanks to the Jehovah's Witness Organization.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by abcd; Jan 12, 2011 at 18:20.

Similar Threads

  1. 'Missing Link' in human evolution found
    By LJ4ptplay in forum Hangout
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: Mar 06, 2011, 21:14
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Mar 25, 2009, 01:40
  3. Mankind's search for God: Chapter 1
    By Knicks4lyfe in forum Hangout
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 11, 2009, 01:53
  4. Our brain. What Evolution cannot account for!
    By Knicks4lyfe in forum Hangout
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: Jul 31, 2008, 14:20
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jul 27, 2008, 02:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •