Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Toney Douglas still playing injured or is he a FRAUD?

Default Is Toney Douglas still playing injured or is he a FRAUD?

just wondering, does anybody know?

Veteran

In between the two. He's only a fraud for us giving too much expectation. The losing stink of this team highlighted by having a hound be our point guard made us too quick, eager and willing to anoint Douglas our man.

****. Lotta peeps here wanted to give him starting reigns and not sign Felton or anyone else.

Douglas is a still-young combo guard. Best we make him a more defined player -- shooting guard, and not confuse his game and make him any more inconsistent and erratic than he already is.

He is quick, plays good D, can be tenacious, and can have a hot shot with range. He is what is he is -- a quality backup SG with the potential to get groomed into more. First step: remove expectations of him being a point guard.

D'ant has done that finally. Unfortunately, it's been in just having Douglas ride the pine. I expect some changes soon in how our bench and starters get used; let's hope Douglas gets more minutes and a chance and in a more defined role that suits him.

He's suffering from D'Antoni's previous do nothing, but shoot 3s syndrome.

Veteran

He actually has a serious ailment. I heard it's a huge case of Overrated. The guy is an okay combo guard not even to the likes of Nate Robinson. He has decent size, okay defense&passing skills.. he's a lot like say Pargo or Mike James or Marcus banks. a decent backup who should be traded for Carmelo as soon as Denver even begins to say the letter T.

I dont dislike Toney but he doesn't make the best decisions and isn't someone we should put personal feelings into. Glad we basically got him for money from the Lakers

Banned

never liked douglass except in his rookie year when he would drive and create from there and also you seen he had lots of 20 point games like that but it seems the al harrington disease is still circulating around the knicks players (Gallo,chandler,douglass)need to play team ball instead of chucking up every time you receive the ball.

he's kinda horrible to me

As a PG... yes. As SG... nay!!

Douglas is the quintessential SG stuck in PG's body.

The fraud movement is in effect

He's injured. But, with that said, I think many thought he would become something more than what he is. Sort of like how people believed N8 would become a passer.

Douglas is a nice bench player. His strengths are defense and scoring. He can bring energy off the bench, prove a scoring punch in the 4th quarter, and defend other guards.

He'll never be a passer. He'll never be a PG. NOt even a viable backup PG.

He's a guy who can hit the 3 and score points. AT best he's a 6th man type player. BUT, more likely, he's the 3rd guard off the bench (behind the 6th man, the backup PG).

He's needed on nights, and at moments, when you want deense or points. Send him in to guard somebody, and to score points.

doesn't really matter, he's going to be traded either way.

Veteran

I always liked him for his Defense, I'm not so sure if the coach is taking him out of his element. I never saw him as a scoring threat, just someone that could get us some stops and hustle plays, scoring would be a bonus for this guy...not something to depend on...like the coach is trying to do. The coach needs to learn how to adapt and play his guys to their strengths...or get the players that can play his game. simple

i think he's playing with an injured shoulder?i'm not sure,but he does play good defense(which is rare on this knicks team lol)

Veteran

Unhappy Sad thread with very little knowledge of the Knicks halfcourt offense

Felton has been running the point and the Knicks offense for 40 minutes per game. Felton has not shared the playmaking of the offense with Augustine or Toney Douglas. The same as Duhon. Once Duhon got right with the pick n roll with Lee, that became his 38 minute forte on offense passing to David Lee.
    After Felton 40 minutes in the 3-8 record of practicing the pick n roll over and over in the first 11 games vs NBA competition he finally got it right, and that has been Felton main forte of setting his teammates up on offense (giving the ball to Amare).
    What happen when they double & tripple team Amare?
    did Amare throw the ball to an open teammate?
    did Felton keep giving the ball to a tripple-teamed Amare?

Have anyone seen Douglas bring the ball down court and call a play while Felton was on the court? HELL NO!
    Douglas is a PG! just like Nate Robinson is a PG, whom the Knicks keep using as a SG.
    Do the history on Walsh and Reggie Miller backup at SG.
    Do the history on the Knicks SG after Allan Houston went down.
    Do the history of the starting SG that was in the FINALS the past decade.

damnit kiya, i'm a busy/lazy individual, can't you just tell me the history???

I agree that TD needs more minutes running the show. I thought he showed promise as a PG and we keep him at the SG.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Felton has been running the point and the Knicks offense for 40 minutes per game. Felton has not shared the playmaking of the offense with Augustine or Toney Douglas. The same as Duhon. Once Duhon got right with the pick n roll with Lee, that became his 38 minute forte on offense passing to David Lee.
    After Felton 40 minutes in the 3-8 record of practicing the pick n roll over and over in the first 11 games vs NBA competition he finally got it right, and that has been Felton main forte of setting his teammates up on offense (giving the ball to Amare).
    What happen when they double & tripple team Amare?
    did Amare throw the ball to an open teammate?
    did Felton keep giving the ball to a tripple-teamed Amare?

Have anyone seen Douglas bring the ball down court and call a play while Felton was on the court? HELL NO!
    Douglas is a PG! just like Nate Robinson is a PG, whom the Knicks keep using as a SG.
    Do the history on Walsh and Reggie Miller backup at SG.
    Do the history on the Knicks SG after Allan Houston went down.
    Do the history of the starting SG that was in the FINALS the past decade.
    Oh **** dropping Knowledge