Is Toney Douglas still playing injured or is he a FRAUD?

iSaYughh

Starter
In between the two. He's only a fraud for us giving too much expectation. The losing stink of this team highlighted by having a hound be our point guard made us too quick, eager and willing to anoint Douglas our man.

Shit. Lotta peeps here wanted to give him starting reigns and not sign Felton or anyone else.

Douglas is a still-young combo guard. Best we make him a more defined player -- shooting guard, and not confuse his game and make him any more inconsistent and erratic than he already is.

He is quick, plays good D, can be tenacious, and can have a hot shot with range. He is what is he is -- a quality backup SG with the potential to get groomed into more. First step: remove expectations of him being a point guard.

D'ant has done that finally. Unfortunately, it's been in just having Douglas ride the pine. I expect some changes soon in how our bench and starters get used; let's hope Douglas gets more minutes and a chance and in a more defined role that suits him. :crossfingers:

NYKnicks15

Starter
He actually has a serious ailment. I heard it's a huge case of Overrated. The guy is an okay combo guard not even to the likes of Nate Robinson. He has decent size, okay defense&passing skills.. he's a lot like say Pargo or Mike James or Marcus banks. a decent backup who should be traded for Carmelo as soon as Denver even begins to say the letter T.

I dont dislike Toney but he doesn't make the best decisions and isn't someone we should put personal feelings into. Glad we basically got him for money from the Lakers

never liked douglass except in his rookie year when he would drive and create from there and also you seen he had lots of 20 point games like that but it seems the al harrington disease is still circulating around the knicks players (Gallo,chandler,douglass)need to play team ball instead of chucking up every time you receive the ball.

mafra

Legend
He's injured. But, with that said, I think many thought he would become something more than what he is. Sort of like how people believed N8 would become a passer.

Douglas is a nice bench player. His strengths are defense and scoring. He can bring energy off the bench, prove a scoring punch in the 4th quarter, and defend other guards.

He'll never be a passer. He'll never be a PG. NOt even a viable backup PG.

He's a guy who can hit the 3 and score points. AT best he's a 6th man type player. BUT, more likely, he's the 3rd guard off the bench (behind the 6th man, the backup PG).

He's needed on nights, and at moments, when you want deense or points. Send him in to guard somebody, and to score points.

I always liked him for his Defense, I'm not so sure if the coach is taking him out of his element. I never saw him as a scoring threat, just someone that could get us some stops and hustle plays, scoring would be a bonus for this guy...not something to depend on...like the coach is trying to do. The coach needs to learn how to adapt and play his guys to their strengths...or get the players that can play his game. simple

Knicksdabest

Benchwarmer
i think he's playing with an injured shoulder?i'm not sure,but he does play good defense(which is rare on this knicks team lol)

Kiyaman

Legend
Sad thread with very little knowledge of the Knicks halfcourt offense

Felton has been running the point and the Knicks offense for 40 minutes per game. Felton has not shared the playmaking of the offense with Augustine or Toney Douglas. The same as Duhon. Once Duhon got right with the pick n roll with Lee, that became his 38 minute forte on offense passing to David Lee.
After Felton 40 minutes in the 3-8 record of practicing the pick n roll over and over in the first 11 games vs NBA competition he finally got it right, and that has been Felton main forte of setting his teammates up on offense (giving the ball to Amare).
What happen when they double & tripple team Amare?
did Amare throw the ball to an open teammate?
did Felton keep giving the ball to a tripple-teamed Amare?

Have anyone seen Douglas bring the ball down court and call a play while Felton was on the court? HELL NO!
Douglas is a PG! just like Nate Robinson is a PG, whom the Knicks keep using as a SG.
Do the history on Walsh and Reggie Miller backup at SG.
Do the history on the Knicks SG after Allan Houston went down.
Do the history of the starting SG that was in the FINALS the past decade.

p0nder

Starter
damnit kiya, i'm a busy/lazy individual, can't you just tell me the history???

I agree that TD needs more minutes running the show. I thought he showed promise as a PG and we keep him at the SG.

Felton has been running the point and the Knicks offense for 40 minutes per game. Felton has not shared the playmaking of the offense with Augustine or Toney Douglas. The same as Duhon. Once Duhon got right with the pick n roll with Lee, that became his 38 minute forte on offense passing to David Lee.
After Felton 40 minutes in the 3-8 record of practicing the pick n roll over and over in the first 11 games vs NBA competition he finally got it right, and that has been Felton main forte of setting his teammates up on offense (giving the ball to Amare).

Have anyone seen Douglas bring the ball down court and call a play while Felton was on the court? HELL NO!
Douglas is a PG! just like Nate Robinson is a PG, whom the Knicks keep using as a SG.

Oh shit dropping Knowledge

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

I think Nate could have done well as a PG (definitely should have been starting as one instead of Duhon).

Douglas though shoots threes way too much. I don't know if it's him, D'Antoni, or both, but he's gotta to start driving more.

btw Douglas also should have started as PG instead of Duhon.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer

Hey Kiya, let me preface this by saying your a cool dude.

BUT WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR POINT!!!!

Let me just explain it how I sees it. Douglas is a scoring combo guard and because his point guard skills are so underdeveloped he is coming off the bench playing alongside Felton. Newsflash! Nate robinson also plays 2 guard alongside rondo a true point guard for the same reason. Douglas and Robinson are both scorer's and are most effective at the 2 spot, When Toney has been on the floor by himself the ball movement disappears and the pick n' roll game is not an effective option.

Now what the hell does this have to do with Allan Houston, Reggie Miller Donnie Walsh and the 1994 or 1999 NBA Finals teams?

I swear following your logic is like trying to solve the Da Vinci code. Please stay on topic, make your point clear and just give me the information I need and not a whiny incoherent rant.

Your a vet and a passionate fan, so you deserve your due respect. But even morons like KingLoserbury who have butchered the English language and has been failed by the Starbury Literacy Outreach Program (SLOP) can manage to articulate a point better than you, which makes me and others a little sad inside.

iSaYughh

Starter
Yes. Kiya, with all due respect, what are you proposing we do?

When STAT has been smothered, Felton and partic Gallo/Fields/Chandler have to score more.

The few times STAT has been effectively smothered, they all shot like shit.

This is PARTLY bc of a small sample size; but unquestionably because we don't have a relievable 1a or even #2 scoring option.

Hence, in part, the demand for Melo. Or a guy like Richardson or even M.Gasol in the offseason!

Felton's pg skills can't be in question. He can run a half court offense fine, as he did for Brown, anyways.

And you really can't highlight Felton's weaknesses -- which you alude to and are right on about, eg being a pure distributor and visionary of setting up plays at the point -- by hinting at a solution of Douglas. Whose weaknesses are the very thing,Felton has, but much more glaring and extreme.

KingCharles34

All Star
I actually only made this thread because its the third thread claiming somebody is a fraud. First it was Stoudemire, then the entire knicks team, and now toney douglas. The movement is official now, somebody make a Mozgov is a fraud thread :lol: