Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brace Yourself: Carmelo N-O-T coming to the KNICKS

Superstar

Its gonna take a lot more than Al Harrington and trading away all your power forwards to get Anthony.

I don't know why the Nets are holding so hard onto Lopez. Hell, I like Nene better than that softie who doesn't rebound.

Good, I don't care.

I know this is a star driven league, but Melo and Amare, if you look at their shot charts, do the EXACT same thing - hit midrange jumpers and get into the paint, then draw fouls.

They don't particularly complement eachother taht well.

Again, guys like Gerald Wallace, Iguodala, etc. would be better fits...

Besides, I've also said Melo would be a better fit with NJ anyways, slower offense that is already good at D and needs a primary scorer.

Our primary scorer is already Amare, whose, what 2nd in the league in scoring already?

Pfff.........**** Melo, let's get another star.

Like I said, Melo, like Kobe, Wade, etc. needs a post scorer and a slow it up offense with good defense to be an effective part of a chip team.

They have Lopez, we have more of a face-up, uptempo big man in Amare anyways...

Dont think it would've worked out quite as well as we think... but imho, who knows right?

Veteran

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    ...Here's the thing.

The Nets suck. They're not just rebuilding, they're not just slumping...they suck. They're an outright terrible team, and the only way they bring back enough talent to convince Carmelo to sign an extension is if they pick up a TON of bad contracts (ie get Al Harrington and give a first round pick, or something like that).

They're not going anywhere, period.
    Agreed100. When they traded Williams it really showed this.

I'm surprised the Clips aren't fighting --hard-- to be in the Melo hunt. I can see an amazing quid pro quo between Melo, Clips and DEN.

Imagine Melo going there and really battling the Lakers and Kobe for supremacy. What a storyline.

Clips have legit assets, too, including a prized lotto pick rookie sf. pgBledsoe, sfFarouk, cDeandre Jordan, and their next two 1st rounders.

A Gordon, Melo, Griffin 2-3-4. Ungodly. Great trade for both teams. I guess the Clips are too hogtied by cap worse than I imagine, tho....

This really boils down to a two-headed game of chicken for us:

DEN has to worry about the potentiality of Melo walking, a monstrous disaster, and missing out on, let's say Chandler-Douglas-Walker and a couple 1st round picks, on top of the PR debacle and shame it'd bring.

We have to worry about the potentiality of Melo going to NJ. A bad beat, but nowhere near as apocalyptic of DEN's unknown.

And it's an unknown for both DEN and us. We will be making a judgement call based off of incomplete information. At the end of the day Melo might just accept NJ at the last hour. Or, Melo might at the last hour not want to play there and make a mini-legend out of himself and wait for Amare and NYC.

What I *HOPE* happens, and I don't see why it wouldn't, is for Melo to be the true trump card in this bluff.

For him, he can do all he can to put up the image and say everything and do everything to make it look like he will just go to NY no matter what. And string everything along. At the last hour, he can always bail and accept whatever.

But he has that total choice to really make DEN sweat. At the last hour, the apocalypse that faces DEN vs the legitimate but not KO punch that faces us, should make DEN buckle while we can hold strong and show real strength.

Let's get picks in the meantime. Get creative. AR, cash, Turiaf, even Moz...Lets do all to get these guys traded for picks.

Originally Posted by legend33
    Good, I don't care.

I know this is a star driven league, but Melo and Amare, if you look at their shot charts, do the EXACT same thing - hit midrange jumpers and get into the paint, then draw fouls.

They don't particularly complement eachother taht well.

Again, guys like Gerald Wallace, Iguodala, etc. would be better fits...

Besides, I've also said Melo would be a better fit with NJ anyways, slower offense that is already good at D and needs a primary scorer.

Our primary scorer is already Amare, whose, what 2nd in the league in scoring already?

Pfff.........**** Melo, let's get another star.
    Really? You can tell all that from a shot chart? LOL I guess Amare can break down defenders on the perimeter at will too.

Melo would replace the inconsistent Gallo and immediately improve the team. What don't you understand. For every good game Gallo has, he follows with 2 bad or subpar games.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Really? You can tell all that from a shot chart? LOL I guess Amare can break down defenders on the perimeter at will too.

Melo would replace the inconsistent Gallo and immediately improve the team. What don't you understand. For every good game Gallo has, he follows with 2 bad or subpar games.

dont call me out lil kiddo....tht takes balls, and clearly you DON'T know ANYTHING about shot charts WHATSO****INGEVER.

Melo is a terrible 3-pt shooter, alot of his shorts are either contested midrange jumpers or he drives to the hoop and gets fouled.

Go to ****in Hoopdata.com or BasketballGeek.com; you're all talk and all BS. Amare DOES exactly what you said he doesnt - he takes guys off the dribble from the high post alot and either settles on a jumper or drives to the lane.

In fact Melo is consistently tops in the league for forwards in PIP (points in the paint for the lil boy newbies like you).

At the end of the day, we DO need a 3rd scorer to can make his own shot like Amare does (50% of his points are unassisted, which is a fairly high number for a big who doesnt even post up that much at all...lols).

At the end of the day, our offense is fine, we just need a 3rd scorer and better defense and rebounding...DUH...or did you not know we're 3rd lowest in Opp PPG...

Again, know your facts before you talk **** lil kid...

Veteran

Originally Posted by legend33
    dont call me out lil kiddo....tht takes balls, and clearly you DON'T know ANYTHING about shot charts WHATSO****INGEVER.

Melo is a terrible 3-pt shooter, alot of his shorts are either contested midrange jumpers or he drives to the hoop and gets fouled.

Go to ****in Hoopdata.com or BasketballGeek.com; you're all talk and all BS. Amare DOES exactly what you said he doesnt - he takes guys off the dribble from the high post alot and either settles on a jumper or drives to the lane.

In fact Melo is consistently tops in the league for forwards in PIP (points in the paint for the lil boy newbies like you).

At the end of the day, we DO need a 3rd scorer to can make his own shot like Amare does (50% of his points are unassisted, which is a fairly high number for a big who doesnt even post up that much at all...lols).

At the end of the day, our offense is fine, we just need a 3rd scorer and better defense and rebounding...DUH...or did you not know we're 3rd lowest in Opp PPG...

Again, know your facts before you talk **** lil kid...
    Simmer down, lol. You seem like a popped collar New England college kid eruting like a Jack russel terrier the 2nd he feels threatened and wants to act tough in front of some girls, who wont be ****ing him anyways. And you probably aren't that? Chill broheem...

Amare is at his best creating from around the basket and being an inside finisher. He is the best in the game at it. If you can maximize his ability to do that it's a recipe for unstoppable.

How does that happen? By letting him focus on doing just that versus an over reliance on mid range jump shots, not getting smothered by double teams, and keeping his explosive finishing moves as fresh as possible by adding another primary scorer.

Melo satisfies this all. That their games have some overlap is a good thing, as we mix up how we use the tandem. Ie STAT's ability to hit a mid jumper, or drive from there; Melo's ability to slash and get fouled.

And there's another difference. Where STAT is mainly a finisher from around the basket, Melo's drives often pick up fouls before getting so close and hitting high% shots.

STAT has a nice mid range jump but it's not his bread and butter. In fact, we lost BOS game in good part bc Amare was relied upon to create his own shot from outside the basket toward the end and he stated to lay bricks. That is Melo's bread and butter. As well as being such a singularly potent weapon that STAT will not be smothered so heavily, a la recent games and even in BOS game when he tired at end from such a workload and couldn't overpower a double team in our 2nd to last possession to finish at the rim.

Melo's game isn't perfect for STAT, but it's perfectly fine. Perfection is the enemy of the good here. Let's not strive for this theoretical roster of perfect balance, when bigtime upgrades are at our fingertips.

We will get a more slow paced Center soon, too. The looming FA class is ripe with bigs just like that, who won't be commanding starter dollars.

It was said STAT wouldn't be the best fit for us either bc he didn't pass great, didn't rebound great, and didn't play the D we needed.

Greatness works itself out.

Look at MIA. And lebron+Wade are an infinitely more difficult due to mesh in every way imaginable than Melo+stat, especially w the surrounding players.

Superstar

I have no clue how the Nets are so bad. Probably Brick City is cursed or Devin Harris just isn't a good as the media hypes him up to be.

I mean for crying out loud they got Brook Lopez Poor Man's Tim Duncan....how do you lose so many games with a player of that caliber?!?!??!?!

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Simmer down, lol. You seem like a popped collar New England college kid eruting like a Jack russel terrier
    i love jack russell terriers first of all *******, they are the bomb, cutest lil dogs...unlike you im sure who are ugly as ****...

the 2nd he feels threatened and wants to act tough in front of some girls
    uh try again *******. btw im from ny, and dont use popped collars retard lmfaoz....wow

who wont be ****ing him anyways. And you probably aren't that? Chill broheem...
    well considering i have a big penis and im cute, they probly would be. luckily for me im not interested in ur moms or ur sisters kid.... so yep w/e's.....wanna post your pic? ill post mine jackass... :.] so chill........dickwad.

Amare is at his best creating from around the basket and being an inside finisher. He is the best in the game at it. If you can maximize his ability to do that it's a recipe for unstoppable.
    and how the hell does Melo do that again? oh rite by being an iso player from the wing who hogs the ball and has a terrible Assist rate for a guy with such a huge usage rate, lmfaoz...lols

How does that happen? By letting him focus on doing just that versus an over reliance on mid range jump shots, not getting smothered by double teams, and keeping his explosive finishing moves as fresh as possible by adding another primary scorer.
    lmfaoz wtf lil kiddy? the best way to do that buddy is to have a guy who is a consistent and efficient threat from the outside, AND who can get to the line. Melo shots a lower FG% than even Monta Ellis lols....

Melo satisfies this all. That their games have some overlap is a good thing, as we mix up how we use the tandem. Ie STAT's ability to hit a mid jumper, or drive from there; Melo's ability to slash and get fouled.
    Melo doesnt satisfy everything lil kiddo. His average at best defense sucks. His passing is overrated at best, and he doesnt shoot the 3 very well, and again.........shooting 43% from the field taking 20 shots a game doesnt bode well for a team in the knicks who are already a great offensive team...in fact 2nd best overall lil buddy boi...

And there's another difference. Where STAT is mainly a finisher from around the basket, Melo's drives often pick up fouls before getting so close and hitting high% shots.
    wtf are u talkin bout lil boi. amare usually is top 5 in fta's...one of the many similiarities in their games.... lols

STAT has a nice mid range jump but it's not his bread and butter. In fact, we lost BOS game in good part bc Amare was relied upon to create his own shot from outside the basket toward the end and he stated to lay bricks. That is Melo's bread and butter. As well as being such a singularly potent weapon that STAT will not be smothered so heavily, a la recent games and even in BOS game when he tired at end from such a workload and couldn't overpower a double team in our 2nd to last possession to finish at the rim.
    having two guys who are underwhelming passers, who both need 20 shots a game, and who play poor defense won't bode well for you. amare is a P&R player, a 15 ft. jumpshooter, and a face-up low post scorer.

melo is a 15-20 ft. jumpshooter who doesnt shoot the 3 particularly that well, who likes to iso off the wing and drive or takes contested jumpers...

they don't complement eachother.

KnicksonLIN.com

I've seen the Nets play, because I have YES! network, and they're not as bad as people say.

Many of their losses are by 2-3 possessions.

And a lot of their losses are due to injury. Harris was out during a 3 game losing streak, and Morrow was out in 2 of their losses.

If the Nets get Carmelo Anthony and Al Harrington, they can definitely get into the playoffs.

With that being said, I like the team the Knicks have. I just think they need a coaching change, and they'll be fine.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Good news.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Good news.

I agree let the Nets mortgage their future.

Thread renamed:
    Brace Yourself: Carmelo W-I-L-L only sign with the KNICKS

In the immortal words of Al Capone in The Untouchables...

You got nothing... you hear me? Nothing.

Melo to the Knicks... game, set, and match!

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Red I am 100% for signing him. Not trading all our chips though good post as well sir.

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

Amare is averaging 4 turnovers a game and this will only get worse as teams are starting to double team him. Amare playing up top is not whats best for the Knicks, Amare is a beast down low and should be near the basket most of the game. The idea with Melo, being known as one of the best, is to draw attention away from Stat but I can see what legend33 is saying. (Gallo isn't a scorer like Melo)

Stat was on fire from mid-range during the win streak but the Knicks need another threat and defender. Melo may or may not be the answer but you do need to chill. My reason of wanting Melo was he's an all-star, hispanic, played for Syracuse, and born in NY.

I would hate to have Walsh's very tough job. Many possibilities, but getting a strong defensive center is much needed. Someone like Iggy or Gerald Wallace probably can help the Knicks. What makes it tough is other better teams like the Heat, Magics, Mavs, and Lakers. The main point is losing the chance for Melo will be a little disappointing but won't be the worst. Man I hate the Heat.