Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brace Yourself: Carmelo N-O-T coming to the KNICKS

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Good news.
    lmao metro u hate this guy. but i dont think this trade goes down.

lol this is hilarious.

Originally Posted by legend33
    dont call me out lil kiddo....tht takes balls, and clearly you DON'T know ANYTHING about shot charts WHATSO****INGEVER.

Melo is a terrible 3-pt shooter, alot of his shorts are either contested midrange jumpers or he drives to the hoop and gets fouled.

Go to ****in Hoopdata.com or BasketballGeek.com; you're all talk and all BS. Amare DOES exactly what you said he doesnt - he takes guys off the dribble from the high post alot and either settles on a jumper or drives to the lane.

In fact Melo is consistently tops in the league for forwards in PIP (points in the paint for the lil boy newbies like you).

At the end of the day, we DO need a 3rd scorer to can make his own shot like Amare does (50% of his points are unassisted, which is a fairly high number for a big who doesnt even post up that much at all...lols).

At the end of the day, our offense is fine, we just need a 3rd scorer and better defense and rebounding...DUH...or did you not know we're 3rd lowest in Opp PPG...

Again, know your facts before you talk **** lil kid...
    LOL your a clown! Please don't come on here talking sh*t. I guess Kobe and Gasol don't compliment each other either huh? STFU b**** boy!

Maybe if you actually watched some games instead of studying shot charts while jerking off in your boyfriend's hand you'd understand that they aren't the same player.

Just got a tweet that Ric Bucher of ESPN was saying that Melo might test the free agency market so that the Knicks can keep their roster intact.

Has anyone even considered that Denver is leaking these stories to force NY to panic and give Denver whatever they want? I will believe it when NJ is introducing Melo at a press conference!

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    Has anyone even considered that Denver is leaking these stories to force NY to panic and give Denver whatever they want? I will believe it when NJ is introducing Melo at a press conference!
    was thinking that the whole time!

Superstar

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    LOL your a clown! Please don't come on here talking sh*t. I guess Kobe and Gasol don't compliment each other either huh? STFU b**** boy!

Maybe if you actually watched some games instead of studying shot charts while jerking off in your boyfriend's hand you'd understand that they aren't the same player.
    As amusing as all this name calling is, your comparison is horrible. Gasol can post up as well as shoot from the outside. He doesn't need the ball as much since he is a decent rebounder and has a great IQ for knowing where to be on the court. Even then, you still hear bits from LA about how he gets frustrated when the ball never comes to him. His game actually compliments Kobe immensely for an inside outside game.

Personally, I'm gonna be happy whether or not Melo gets here. I don't think we'll be a championship team regardless unless we make at least one more move. I'm content with rebuilding slowly and not taking on any more horrible contracts.

Reason why I don't mind Melo? He can rebound and body up for some added toughness.

Reason I don't want him? Too much of an ISO player. The entire Denver team ball movement stops when he's on the court. His 3 ball is iffy and he plays a similar game of midrange threat, then drive that Amare does.

If we can convince Melo to consistently post up and pass out when he inevitably starts getting doubled? Hell, he'd be unstoppable and be an MVP candidate, but he's never shown the real willpower to sacrifice for his team yet.

Veteran

Originally Posted by abcd
    I've seen the Nets play, because I have YES! network, and they're not as bad as people say.

Many of their losses are by 2-3 possessions.

And a lot of their losses are due to injury. Harris was out during a 3 game losing streak, and Morrow was out in 2 of their losses.

If the Nets get Carmelo Anthony and Al Harrington, they can definitely get into the playoffs.

With that being said, I like the team the Knicks have. I just think they need a coaching change, and they'll be fine.
    Agree 100. I've been saying same thing since even last year. There are different types of terrible in the league...Bobcats/Kings/Wolves, the Wiz before they lucked into Wall...that kind of terrible. I'll say bobcats too bc of how locked into mediocrity they are.

Than the terrible like the Clips, or the Nets.

Which are basically just underdeveloped teams, and also very young teams. But with key ingredients and a nice future if they play their cards alright.

Lopez regressing, especially early in yr, didn't help. Or going full force rebuild by trading Williams after punishing him w DNPs bc they hated each other.

Lopez, Favors, Morrow, Harris, a boatload of 1sts and cap isn't a terrible spot.

Terrible team? Hmm, sure. Terrible 'franchise' talent/future? Not really, IMO.

I really want him to join the knicks,but it's not the end of the world if we don't get him.We can get some other quality pieces if we wanted to.

Rather get a SG and C anyway.... and maybe another solid back-up PG

OJ MAYO!

TYSON CHANDLER ( rather have Javeal Magee tho )

Yea this comparison is idiotic. Kobe and Gasol's games compliment one another because they're different. And pls don't ask me to explain why as I really don't feel like explaining such simple player aspects to u guys for awhile. Watch more basketball..

Anyways, on Melo I agree w legend or whatevs his name is. Melo and Amare's games are exceedingly similar, so they won't compliment each other well. Gallo compliments Amare very well for the opposite reason -- they are like night and day.

Guys, Gallo is so young. When he grows into a consistent scorer we will be set. We won't need Melo. We just have to wait, which is painful at times but he'll get there.

I really don't want Melo.

Veteran

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson

OJ MAYO!

Smh. The Javel would be beyond perfect. Wiz are pissy with him, too. Maybe he can be had...The deal may have been to have taken Arenas off their paws and get him as part of the package for Curry.

I guess now they'd want us to take Rashard.

Unless we did a straight up talent trade. Chandler? I'd do it. It would be a coup to do whatever it took to get Melo then, built around Gallo. Even if we don't:

Felton
    Richardson(sign)-Fields
    Gallo-Kirilienko(sign)
    STAT-BigBaby(sign)
    TheJavel-Moz
    6th Mayo(trade, AR/2nd)

bench -- Douglas, walker, Williams, Ewing jr, whoever we get with our draft picks

Huge upgrade to our defense with Kirilienko and Javel; huge upgrade to our depth especially quality bigs, big upgrade adding sharp shooting abilities of Mayo and Richardson, along with Richardson's veteran leadership.p

Our defense should catapult up, and our offense should actually just get better with the added depth to keep our guys fresh while adding superior shooters w range.

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson

OJ MAYO!

SG - To backup Landry Fields?
    C- What quality backup center would you target?

YOU SHUT THE **** UP U ****KIN FAGGAT.

I'm in Poughkeepsie, come over here and let me kick the ****in **** out you you little dikked piece of ****.

I'm 24, how old are you BALLBOY. I bet you cream in your pants for Realgm, b/c you talk like one of those pussi ass rejects from over there YOU BALLBOY.....or should I call it "No balls" boy...

lmfaoz, ive been on this site for YEARS....clearly youre just some fat ugly loser who justifies confidence based on this site you faggity soft as baby shiyt faggity ass LOSER.

Like I said, come get some faggit. I know you're probly just some skinny niggur with no game, no looks, no dickk, etc, etc, etc....

FAGGIT.

Originally Posted by legend33
    YOU SHUT THE **** UP U ****KIN FAGGAT.

I'm in Poughkeepsie, come over here and let me kick the ****in **** out you you little dikked piece of ****.

I'm 24, how old are you BALLBOY. I bet you cream in your pants for Realgm, b/c you talk like one of those pussi ass rejects from over there YOU BALLBOY.....or should I call it "No balls" boy...

lmfaoz, ive been on this site for YEARS....clearly youre just some fat ugly loser who justifies confidence based on this site you faggity soft as baby shiyt faggity ass LOSER.

Like I said, come get some faggit. I know you're probly just some skinny niggur with no game, no looks, no dickk, etc, etc, etc....

FAGGIT.

OK Calm down, It's totally absurd that discussions over basketball can turn into this. I think people need to start respecting other people's opinions and stop reverting to cursing and name calling with every disagreement!

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

If I was a mod I would simply ban people like this. Go ahead and **** talk me I will just block you.