Brace Yourself: Carmelo N-O-T coming to the KNICKS

legend33

Rookie
Really? You can tell all that from a shot chart? LOL I guess Amare can break down defenders on the perimeter at will too.

Melo would replace the inconsistent Gallo and immediately improve the team. What don't you understand. For every good game Gallo has, he follows with 2 bad or subpar games.

dont call me out lil kiddo....tht takes balls, and clearly you DON'T know ANYTHING about shot charts WHATSO****INGEVER.

Melo is a terrible 3-pt shooter, alot of his shorts are either contested midrange jumpers or he drives to the hoop and gets fouled.

Go to ****in Hoopdata.com or BasketballGeek.com; you're all talk and all BS. Amare DOES exactly what you said he doesnt - he takes guys off the dribble from the high post alot and either settles on a jumper or drives to the lane.

In fact Melo is consistently tops in the league for forwards in PIP (points in the paint for the lil boy newbies like you).

At the end of the day, we DO need a 3rd scorer to can make his own shot like Amare does (50% of his points are unassisted, which is a fairly high number for a big who doesnt even post up that much at all...lols).

At the end of the day, our offense is fine, we just need a 3rd scorer and better defense and rebounding...DUH...or did you not know we're 3rd lowest in Opp PPG...

Again, know your facts before you talk shit lil kid...

iSaYughh

Starter
dont call me out lil kiddo....tht takes balls, and clearly you DON'T know ANYTHING about shot charts WHATSO****INGEVER.

Melo is a terrible 3-pt shooter, alot of his shorts are either contested midrange jumpers or he drives to the hoop and gets fouled.

Go to ****in Hoopdata.com or BasketballGeek.com; you're all talk and all BS. Amare DOES exactly what you said he doesnt - he takes guys off the dribble from the high post alot and either settles on a jumper or drives to the lane.

In fact Melo is consistently tops in the league for forwards in PIP (points in the paint for the lil boy newbies like you).

At the end of the day, we DO need a 3rd scorer to can make his own shot like Amare does (50% of his points are unassisted, which is a fairly high number for a big who doesnt even post up that much at all...lols).

At the end of the day, our offense is fine, we just need a 3rd scorer and better defense and rebounding...DUH...or did you not know we're 3rd lowest in Opp PPG...

Simmer down, lol. You seem like a popped collar New England college kid eruting like a Jack russel terrier the 2nd he feels threatened and wants to act tough in front of some girls, who wont be ****ing him anyways. And you probably aren't that? Chill broheem...

Amare is at his best creating from around the basket and being an inside finisher. He is the best in the game at it. If you can maximize his ability to do that it's a recipe for unstoppable.

How does that happen? By letting him focus on doing just that versus an over reliance on mid range jump shots, not getting smothered by double teams, and keeping his explosive finishing moves as fresh as possible by adding another primary scorer.

Melo satisfies this all. That their games have some overlap is a good thing, as we mix up how we use the tandem. Ie STAT's ability to hit a mid jumper, or drive from there; Melo's ability to slash and get fouled.

And there's another difference. Where STAT is mainly a finisher from around the basket, Melo's drives often pick up fouls before getting so close and hitting high% shots.

STAT has a nice mid range jump but it's not his bread and butter. In fact, we lost BOS game in good part bc Amare was relied upon to create his own shot from outside the basket toward the end and he stated to lay bricks. That is Melo's bread and butter. As well as being such a singularly potent weapon that STAT will not be smothered so heavily, a la recent games and even in BOS game when he tired at end from such a workload and couldn't overpower a double team in our 2nd to last possession to finish at the rim.

Melo's game isn't perfect for STAT, but it's perfectly fine. Perfection is the enemy of the good here. Let's not strive for this theoretical roster of perfect balance, when bigtime upgrades are at our fingertips.

We will get a more slow paced Center soon, too. The looming FA class is ripe with bigs just like that, who won't be commanding starter dollars.

It was said STAT wouldn't be the best fit for us either bc he didn't pass great, didn't rebound great, and didn't play the D we needed.

Greatness works itself out.

Look at MIA. And lebron+Wade are an infinitely more difficult due to mesh in every way imaginable than Melo+stat, especially w the surrounding players.

clumsy

Rotation player
I have no clue how the Nets are so bad. Probably Brick City is cursed or Devin Harris just isn't a good as the media hypes him up to be.

I mean for crying out loud they got Brook Lopez Poor Man's Tim Duncan....how do you lose so many games with a player of that caliber?!?!??!?!

legend33

Rookie
Simmer down, lol. You seem like a popped collar New England college kid eruting like a Jack russel terrier

i love jack russell terriers first of all asshole, they are the bomb, cutest lil dogs...unlike you im sure who are ugly as shit...

the 2nd he feels threatened and wants to act tough in front of some girls

uh try again asshole. btw im from ny, and dont use popped collars retard lmfaoz....wow

who wont be ****ing him anyways. And you probably aren't that? Chill broheem...

well considering i have a big penis and im cute, they probly would be. luckily for me im not interested in ur moms or ur sisters kid.... so yep w/e's.....wanna post your pic? ill post mine jackass... :.] so chill........dickwad.

Amare is at his best creating from around the basket and being an inside finisher. He is the best in the game at it. If you can maximize his ability to do that it's a recipe for unstoppable.

and how the hell does Melo do that again? oh rite by being an iso player from the wing who hogs the ball and has a terrible Assist rate for a guy with such a huge usage rate, lmfaoz...lols

How does that happen? By letting him focus on doing just that versus an over reliance on mid range jump shots, not getting smothered by double teams, and keeping his explosive finishing moves as fresh as possible by adding another primary scorer.

lmfaoz wtf lil kiddy? the best way to do that buddy is to have a guy who is a consistent and efficient threat from the outside, AND who can get to the line. Melo shots a lower FG% than even Monta Ellis lols....

Melo satisfies this all. That their games have some overlap is a good thing, as we mix up how we use the tandem. Ie STAT's ability to hit a mid jumper, or drive from there; Melo's ability to slash and get fouled.

Melo doesnt satisfy everything lil kiddo. His average at best defense sucks. His passing is overrated at best, and he doesnt shoot the 3 very well, and again.........shooting 43% from the field taking 20 shots a game doesnt bode well for a team in the knicks who are already a great offensive team...in fact 2nd best overall lil buddy boi...

And there's another difference. Where STAT is mainly a finisher from around the basket, Melo's drives often pick up fouls before getting so close and hitting high% shots.

wtf are u talkin bout lil boi. amare usually is top 5 in fta's...one of the many similiarities in their games.... lols

STAT has a nice mid range jump but it's not his bread and butter. In fact, we lost BOS game in good part bc Amare was relied upon to create his own shot from outside the basket toward the end and he stated to lay bricks. That is Melo's bread and butter. As well as being such a singularly potent weapon that STAT will not be smothered so heavily, a la recent games and even in BOS game when he tired at end from such a workload and couldn't overpower a double team in our 2nd to last possession to finish at the rim.

having two guys who are underwhelming passers, who both need 20 shots a game, and who play poor defense won't bode well for you. amare is a P&R player, a 15 ft. jumpshooter, and a face-up low post scorer.

melo is a 15-20 ft. jumpshooter who doesnt shoot the 3 particularly that well, who likes to iso off the wing and drive or takes contested jumpers...

they don't complement eachother.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I've seen the Nets play, because I have YES! network, and they're not as bad as people say.

Many of their losses are by 2-3 possessions.

And a lot of their losses are due to injury. Harris was out during a 3 game losing streak, and Morrow was out in 2 of their losses.

If the Nets get Carmelo Anthony and Al Harrington, they can definitely get into the playoffs.

With that being said, I like the team the Knicks have. I just think they need a coaching change, and they'll be fine.

Red

TYPE-A
Thread renamed:
Brace Yourself: Carmelo W-I-L-L only sign with the KNICKS

In the immortal words of Al Capone in The Untouchables...

You got nothing... you hear me? Nothing.

Melo to the Knicks... game, set, and match!

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Amare is averaging 4 turnovers a game and this will only get worse as teams are starting to double team him. Amare playing up top is not whats best for the Knicks, Amare is a beast down low and should be near the basket most of the game. The idea with Melo, being known as one of the best, is to draw attention away from Stat but I can see what legend33 is saying. (Gallo isn't a scorer like Melo)

Stat was on fire from mid-range during the win streak but the Knicks need another threat and defender. Melo may or may not be the answer but you do need to chill. My reason of wanting Melo was he's an all-star, hispanic, played for Syracuse, and born in NY.

I would hate to have Walsh's very tough job. Many possibilities, but getting a strong defensive center is much needed. Someone like Iggy or Gerald Wallace probably can help the Knicks. What makes it tough is other better teams like the Heat, Magics, Mavs, and Lakers. The main point is losing the chance for Melo will be a little disappointing but won't be the worst. Man I hate the Heat.

nyk_nyk

All Star

LOL your a clown! Please don't come on here talking sh*t. I guess Kobe and Gasol don't compliment each other either huh? STFU b**** boy!

Maybe if you actually watched some games instead of studying shot charts while jerking off in your boyfriend's hand you'd understand that they aren't the same player.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Just got a tweet that Ric Bucher of ESPN was saying that Melo might test the free agency market so that the Knicks can keep their roster intact.

Has anyone even considered that Denver is leaking these stories to force NY to panic and give Denver whatever they want? I will believe it when NJ is introducing Melo at a press conference!

iJoe

Rotation player
LOL your a clown! Please don't come on here talking sh*t. I guess Kobe and Gasol don't compliment each other either huh? STFU b**** boy!

Maybe if you actually watched some games instead of studying shot charts while jerking off in your boyfriend's hand you'd understand that they aren't the same player.

As amusing as all this name calling is, your comparison is horrible. Gasol can post up as well as shoot from the outside. He doesn't need the ball as much since he is a decent rebounder and has a great IQ for knowing where to be on the court. Even then, you still hear bits from LA about how he gets frustrated when the ball never comes to him. His game actually compliments Kobe immensely for an inside outside game.

Personally, I'm gonna be happy whether or not Melo gets here. I don't think we'll be a championship team regardless unless we make at least one more move. I'm content with rebuilding slowly and not taking on any more horrible contracts.

Reason why I don't mind Melo? He can rebound and body up for some added toughness.

Reason I don't want him? Too much of an ISO player. The entire Denver team ball movement stops when he's on the court. His 3 ball is iffy and he plays a similar game of midrange threat, then drive that Amare does.

If we can convince Melo to consistently post up and pass out when he inevitably starts getting doubled? Hell, he'd be unstoppable and be an MVP candidate, but he's never shown the real willpower to sacrifice for his team yet.

iSaYughh

Starter
I've seen the Nets play, because I have YES! network, and they're not as bad as people say.

Many of their losses are by 2-3 possessions.

And a lot of their losses are due to injury. Harris was out during a 3 game losing streak, and Morrow was out in 2 of their losses.

If the Nets get Carmelo Anthony and Al Harrington, they can definitely get into the playoffs.

With that being said, I like the team the Knicks have. I just think they need a coaching change, and they'll be fine.

Agree 100. I've been saying same thing since even last year. There are different types of terrible in the league...Bobcats/Kings/Wolves, the Wiz before they lucked into Wall...that kind of terrible. I'll say bobcats too bc of how locked into mediocrity they are.

Than the terrible like the Clips, or the Nets.

Which are basically just underdeveloped teams, and also very young teams. But with key ingredients and a nice future if they play their cards alright.

Lopez regressing, especially early in yr, didn't help. Or going full force rebuild by trading Williams after punishing him w DNPs bc they hated each other.

Lopez, Favors, Morrow, Harris, a boatload of 1sts and cap isn't a terrible spot.

Terrible team? Hmm, sure. Terrible 'franchise' talent/future? Not really, IMO.

Knicksdabest

Benchwarmer
I really want him to join the knicks,but it's not the end of the world if we don't get him.We can get some other quality pieces if we wanted to.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Yea this comparison is idiotic. Kobe and Gasol's games compliment one another because they're different. And pls don't ask me to explain why as I really don't feel like explaining such simple player aspects to u guys for awhile. Watch more basketball..

Anyways, on Melo I agree w legend or whatevs his name is. Melo and Amare's games are exceedingly similar, so they won't compliment each other well. Gallo compliments Amare very well for the opposite reason -- they are like night and day.

Guys, Gallo is so young. When he grows into a consistent scorer we will be set. We won't need Melo. We just have to wait, which is painful at times but he'll get there.

I really don't want Melo.