Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Dont Trade Galo

  1. #1
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Dont Trade Galo

    CANT NOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH!!!

    I want Melo just as much as the next guy but i disagree with Mark Jackson and Van Gundy. I think in the long run we will be really SORRY if we trade this kid. I would not want to break up this chemistry we have going right now. I think if we wait it out we can have it all. Galo, Chandler and Melo in offseason.

  2. #2
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Yep..... Gallo will have an unstoppable offensive arsenal to wreak upon opponents once he puts it all together.. All of the components are there. He will get to all-star level eventually. We just need to be patient w him.

  3. #3
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    he saved us during Amares' break.

  4. #4
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    If Gallo means Melo then sorry.. No one of this team is untradeable for him besides Amare and Felton..

  5. #5
    Member serendipity10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Melo a superstar now, can't predict how Gallo will be in the future. Melo draws attention, it is almost the same as comparing David Lee and Amare. We all loved David Lee but Amare has more impact. Most of us like Gallo but Melo has more impact.

  6. #6
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    yeah lee was an all star but amare has impact points same w/ mello. throw in the fact that if mello was as hot as gallo in the first half he would have ended up w/ 40-50

  7. #7
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I don't like Gallinari. He sucks.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    I don't like Gallinari. He sucks.
    Well, I do think if you could get melo..Than do it. I don't want to give up chandler. I like galli, But he's very young. by the time he developes his true Potential, we will be 55 years old..

    I'm not saying you're going to win a championship within a year with melo. But you get a few more better players during the summer. And this might be a very good team..But we need to step up the "D" as well .This is New york not alabama. This Franchise should have never gotten themselves in to this mess thanks to Dolan..He payed allan houston 100 million in 96. and as much as I love houston. He was a bit of a disappointment . the knicks made awful trades. Just tragic that this a new york franchise got it self so bad That we have Completely rebuilt while the Bostons and Lakers of the worlds Always find very quick ways to improve. It dosen't take them 10 years or 15 years to rebuilt.

    We Don't deserve this.

  9. #9
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Boston was **** for a long while before that series of BS trades back in 07.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Country bumpkinville
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Don't think Gallo sucks, but Van Gundy's comments struck a cord with me tonight. I do think if we can give up Gallo and one other for Melo we do it. There is no way we won't be better without him. Not only that, but we will attract better role players that have more experience and want to play with a team with two fantastic stars. Can't say no to that. Might even attract another star and I believe we would then have 4 big time stars as Felton is going to be a star.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by GeseStark
    Well, I do think if you could get melo..Than do it. I don't want to give up chandler. I like galli, But he's very young. by the time he developes his true Potential, we will be 55 years old..

    I'm not saying you're going to win a championship within a year with melo. But you get a few more better players during the summer. And this might be a very good team..But we need to step up the "D" as well .This is New york not alabama. This Franchise should have never gotten themselves in to this mess thanks to Dolan..He payed allan houston 100 million in 96. and as much as I love houston. He was a bit of a disappointment . the knicks made awful trades. Just tragic that this a new york franchise got it self so bad That we have Completely rebuilt while the Bostons and Lakers of the worlds Always find very quick ways to improve. It dosen't take them 10 years or 15 years to rebuilt.

    We Don't deserve this.
    It wouldn't take us 10 or 15 years to rebuild normally...we just hired Scott Layden and Isiah Thomas, which is why it's taking us a while.

    Let's not forget the fact that the Celtics and Lakers were terrible for the bulk of the 90's. The Celtics, in fact, were a bottom-feeding joke until they made a bunch of trades that let them to a championship...the Lakers suffered through the post-Magic pre-Kobe years until they drafted a kid out of PA who turned out to be an all-time great player...

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    It wouldn't take us 10 or 15 years to rebuild normally...we just hired Scott Layden and Isiah Thomas, which is why it's taking us a while.

    Let's not forget the fact that the Celtics and Lakers were terrible for the bulk of the 90's. The Celtics, in fact, were a bottom-feeding joke until they made a bunch of trades that let them to a championship...the Lakers suffered through the post-Magic pre-Kobe years until they drafted a kid out of PA who turned out to be an all-time great player...
    Yeah but they already had more championships than the knicks put together. and yeah the celtis where bad for a bit. But they had won championships. the decade before in 80's . we haven't won anything since 1973!! 38 years ago. It never took the lakers that long or the celtics either . Yeah I know we are rebuilding, but we can't be contenders with antoni's way of playing,
    You just can't. Because we're going to be singing the same tune years after years.

  13. #13
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Boston was **** for a long while before that series of BS trades back in 07.
    they were a pretty good team with a young pierce and antoine walker in 01 they were in the ECF. 6 yrs.

    but to your point beantown lands KG and Ray Allen.those 2 brought in Posey for cheap,and p.j.brown. then their run last year brought in Rasheed for cheap,and marquis daniels.Now they get Shaq,J.O,Delonte,and Nate for cheap.

    why? because teams that have more than one star usually win nowadays. i know people have their concerns about mellamare. then again people said amare was only a finisher he couldn't create offense and close.well he's becoming better at making plays outta crap or getting his team open shots.And he's the leading 4th qtr. scorer.

  14. #14
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by GeseStark
    Yeah but they already had more championships than the knicks put together. and yeah the celtis where bad for a bit. But they had won championships. the decade before in 80's . we haven't won anything since 1973!! 38 years ago. It never took the lakers that long or the celtics either . Yeah I know we are rebuilding, but we can't be contenders with antoni's way of playing,
    You just can't. Because we're going to be singing the same tune years after years.
    just like phx was to SA and Dal

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    just like phx was to SA and Dal
    Haha..I see that we both can't sleep . Just thinking about this Hopefully we win tonite. No, we need to win. Because Than we will have a 3 game losing streak and against cleveland who are playing absolutely horrible . And cleveland fans where saying That they have a feeling they will win tonite. hope they are wrong.

Similar Threads

  1. Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 348
    Last Post: Dec 20, 2013, 00:36
  2. Trade kicker?
    By StreetDreams21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Aug 20, 2010, 02:41
  3. 2009 Draft Fantasy GM Game
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: Jul 05, 2009, 10:43
  4. Trade Watch: Top big men on the block
    By _______√ictory_______ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jan 29, 2009, 23:26
  5. Trade: ZRandolph for Lamar Odom
    By CoolClyde in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Apr 06, 2008, 01:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •