stop the trade ideas

it is becoming ridiculous, do you think Donnie Walsh really uses the espn trade machine? Lets be real dudes no team desires what we have to offer, the most desirable player is Wilson Chandler and he is a FA this off season.

Get real, our only chance is signing Melo in the off season as long a he doesn't sign an extension before then.

On a side note I'm hoping this thread bites me in the ass when Donnie makes a big trade :gony:

-Nick.

MBlackVJesusP7

Benchwarmer
Makes people happy to come up with fake trades that have near 0% chance of going down. I prefer not to waste my time with that shit.

Good thread.

mafra

Legend
I hear 'ya. Most trades have less than zero % chance of even crossing DW's mind. Just sort of kills time between games. Sort of un to imagine what sort of moves we would make, as armchair GMs.

Still, we must ground some of our ideas and base it on some fact.

We do know 2 things though:

1) Walsh will not stand pat.... be idle... as this season makes its way towards the trade deadline. DW did nothing for 2 years. He knows he must improve this team, and help them come post season.

2) Walsh truly wants nothing more than play out the year and simply swoop in and sign Melo this summer. Howeverm I think he also knows his odds drop significantly if he doesn't trade for Melo. DEN will trade him. I believe that's a fact. We'll see what happens though.

In the end, I think we make a couple minor deals. Add depth. Trade for a backup PG & C. I think the cost for Melo is too much for DW to bear. Something like Chandler, Randolph, Fields & Gallo. I thinkn he makes the deal if he can keep 1 of these 4, but I doubt it works out that way.

SO, I would expect Telflair/Ridnour plus Pryzbilla. This sort of move.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I think Melo can be had if Memphis are sold on getting rid of some of their young offensive players to acquire a young defensive player. That AP article that came out a while back said they would be interested in moving Zach if they can replace his cap relief. If we replace that with Curry, give them Randolph, have them send Zach and any other assets to Denver, then we give Denver Gallo and Fields...we keep the most versatile of our young players in Chandler (who's a restricted FA anyway...so he might be gone next season regardless of what happens now) and we get back Melo and maybe Mayo.

I think is the best chance scenario for the Knicks (even if they can't get Mayo back in a deal.) This whole Melo situation has shown no indication that a trade for him will be a two team swap. Both times we hear that a trade is in the works, it's multiple teams and it involved NJ both times (3 teams, and now 4), so if DW can get another team to part with some assets that Denver might be willing to accept...it will cost us slightly less than a straight swap with Denver would (which was highly unlikely anyway.)

We need more than just a back up PG and Center tho. That's fixing the depth issue on the team, but STAT still needs legit help. Some folks on here think Gallo can be/will be/currently is that guy, but I sat in the Garden last night and watched the Thunder help off of Gallo, no double team ever went his way. Which resulted in what? STAT being doubled again by our opponent.

I'm not drunk on seeing the team win now, I still want us to take strides to being a title contender in the near future. And if solid teams like the Hawks (past few years) and the Magic couldn't break thru with a chip in the East, and the Suns led by 2-time MVP Nash and Amar'e, also the Utah Jazz and Nuggets when they pushed the Lakers in the West couldn't get a chip....I'm not gonna sit here and say "oh boy..this team is pretty solid...let's get a backup PG and center and watch the team routinely be a 4th or 5th seed and bounced in the second round...maybe the conference finals."

I highly doubt if it was a coincidence that the Celtics went out and got a post presence in KG who commanded a double team, to pair up with their superior wingman in Pierce who also needs to have doubles ran at him. Same thing with the Lakers...superior wingman in Kobe who needs doubles ran at him...so you go get the versatile post presence who needs to be doubled down low to at least try to disrupt his timing. We currently have the post presence who's doubled down low and who's damn near automatic from 15 feet...you throw Melo on that team and which player is getting the double? Can't double both...do you designate who you're going to double while letting the other guy + the rest of the team, murder your squad? Do you not double either and watch both annihilate their man in man to man coverage? Right now we don't have any of those questions...it's just "double Amar'e."

I love to see the team winning now too, but let's not get delusional...this thing is about building a championship contending team. Which you can't really do over night...so instead of getting a few pieces that would make us a balanced team, right now, that wouldn't even sniff the conference finals...let's get our core in place first and then flesh out the rest of the squad. Gallo and Fields should be expendable while Chandler should be held onto...and then pray his pricetag doesn't sky rocket at the end of the season.

iSaYughh

Starter
it is becoming ridiculous, do you think Donnie Walsh really uses the espn trade machine? Lets be real dudes no team desires what we have to offer, the most desirable player is Wilson Chandler and he is a FA this off season.

Get real, our only chance is signing Melo in the off season as long a he doesn't sign an extension before then.

On a side note I'm hoping this thread bites me in the ass when Donnie makes a big trade :gony:

-Nick.

I guess I agree a lot of jankass trades been floating around.

But that's not true. Chandler, Fields, Turiaf, off top of head have various teams interested. AR, too.

And it's obvious that Gallo and Felton are desired, also. They just aren't in many discussions -- well, Gallo is for DEN -- bc teams know how highly we covet them and see them as part of the future and THEY don't have what WE want.

So basically our entire starting 5, outside of "untradeabke" Amare, could be realistically traded, Felton excluded bc until CP3/DWill might get traded hes sitting tight, including 2 bench players.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I think Melo can be had if Memphis are sold on getting rid of some of their young offensive players to acquire a young defensive player. That AP article that came out a while back said they would be interested in moving Zach if they can replace his cap relief. If we replace that with Curry, give them Randolph, have them send Zach and any other assets to Denver, then we give Denver Gallo and Fields...we keep the most versatile of our young players in Chandler (who's a restricted FA anyway...so he might be gone next season regardless of what happens now) and we get back Melo and maybe Mayo.

I think is the best chance scenario for the Knicks (even if they can't get Mayo back in a deal.) This whole Melo situation has shown no indication that a trade for him will be a two team swap. Both times we hear that a trade is in the works, it's multiple teams and it involved NJ both times (3 teams, and now 4), so if DW can get another team to part with some assets that Denver might be willing to accept...it will cost us slightly less than a straight swap with Denver would (which was highly unlikely anyway.)

We need more than just a back up PG and Center tho. That's fixing the depth issue on the team, but STAT still needs legit help. Some folks on here think Gallo can be/will be/currently is that guy, but I sat in the Garden last night and watched the Thunder help off of Gallo, no double team ever went his way. Which resulted in what? STAT being doubled again by our opponent.

I'm not drunk on seeing the team win now, I still want us to take strides to being a title contender in the near future. And if solid teams like the Hawks (past few years) and the Magic couldn't break thru with a chip in the East, and the Suns led by 2-time MVP Nash and Amar'e, also the Utah Jazz and Nuggets when they pushed the Lakers in the West couldn't get a chip....I'm not gonna sit here and say "oh boy..this team is pretty solid...let's get a backup PG and center and watch the team routinely be a 4th or 5th seed and bounced in the second round...maybe the conference finals."

I highly doubt if it was a coincidence that the Celtics went out and got a post presence in KG who commanded a double team, to pair up with their superior wingman in Pierce who also needs to have doubles ran at him. Same thing with the Lakers...superior wingman in Kobe who needs doubles ran at him...so you go get the versatile post presence who needs to be doubled down low to at least try to disrupt his timing. We currently have the post presence who's doubled down low and who's damn near automatic from 15 feet...you throw Melo on that team and which player is getting the double? Can't double both...do you designate who you're going to double while letting the other guy + the rest of the team, murder your squad? Do you not double either and watch both annihilate their man in man to man coverage? Right now we don't have any of those questions...it's just "double Amar'e."

I love to see the team winning now too, but let's not get delusional...this thing is about building a championship contending team. Which you can't really do over night...so instead of getting a few pieces that would make us a balanced team, right now, that wouldn't even sniff the conference finals...let's get our core in place first and then flesh out the rest of the squad. Gallo and Fields should be expendable while Chandler should be held onto...and then pray his pricetag doesn't sky rocket at the end of the season.

You make a really good point sir. Those teams did not make any big moves and got bounced each year. I hope that does not happen to us as well if we dont make any moves. One thing I know for sure is our roster is better than the "experts" give us credit for.:beer: Plus 1 rep 2k2

Last edited:

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer

-Nick.

why should people stop making trade ideas .

I'm sure they're just checking out every possible deal in the case we land melo.

and the espn trade machine is there not for espn workers to use. but for public use.

petescud

Starter
I personally like Chandler's game and am hoping we resign him...The guys young, athletic, plays good D and seems to fit in with STAT really good