Mark my words: Carmelo Anthony will be a Knick

I just wana put that out there.

1. Why would Carmelo go through all this shit just to end up in Jersey? He's better off in Denver then Jersey!

2. If he gets traded it will be in February at the deadline. Why would he want to join a nets team that will probley be like 9-57?!?!

3. He knows how much money and how big he could be in NY, he doesn't give a shit about that extension.

la2ny

Starter
as much as I believe those same above listed things I do believe he has people in his ear telling him to sign that extenstion w/ NJ.

It all comes down to him. If he really wants to be a Knick even after he's traded and Prozac talks 2 him w/ the midget coach he won't sign.
Then it's as good as done because he's not going to get traded to NY unless Denver suddenly feels remorse for us

All true. But I have a fealing he won't sign and Dallas will swoop in and rent him. Then we sign him in free agency.

Remember in free agency Cuban told Dirk he would try to get a superstar to pair with him.

la2ny

Starter
they seem to be doing well as constructed.

I have seen crazier though. Who you think they'd give up for him w/o really blowing up the team?

they seem to be doing well as constructed.

I have seen crazier though. Who you think they'd give up for him w/o really blowing up the team?

Not much. Just expiring contracts and Draft picks.

Esspecialy if there just renting him because there not getting him for more then a month and through the playoffs.

But if there's other teams looking to rent him they maybhave to get creative and make some kind of a three team deal to give Denver what they need.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
All true. But I have a fealing he won't sign and Dallas will swoop in and rent him. Then we sign him in free agency.

Remember in free agency Cuban told Dirk he would try to get a superstar to pair with him.

Ever had a feeling that this is the scariest scenario and he may not want to leave... Dallas with Melo is just 2 ****n nasty.... and i say that as a fan of the game not a fan of the Knicks... Dallas is deep as doo doo as it is now.

cathaytrader

Benchwarmer
Ever had a feeling that this is the scariest scenario and he may not want to leave... Dallas with Melo is just 2 ****n nasty.... and i say that as a fan of the game not a fan of the Knicks... Dallas is deep as doo doo as it is now.

I'm with you. The Mavs are pretty stacked right now as it is and playing very well.

mafra

Legend

I was just thinking about this yesterday. Transposed from NYC, and living in Dallas now, I read the other day how Cuban said he would "rent" the right player.

I was just thinking.... What would it take for DAL to pull off this move?

Again, to be clear: We think a Dallas offer is worthy. What we’ve written before:

The most feasible Mav offer is fairly obvious. It would send Caron Butler (who also plays SF, is a multiple time All-Star, and has a team-friendly expiring contract) to fill ‘Melo’s place in the Denver lineup and provide the bulk of the needed contract matching for the trade. Then it would add any three of four young talents (Beaubois, (Dominique) Jones, (Ian) Mahinmi, (Alexis) Ajinca), and with Butler that would satisfy the NBA rules. Add two No. 1 picks, include the option for Denver to take all four kids if they prefer, and it’s a sweet deal with no junk.

For Denver, it offers lots of positives. For starters, it would reduce Denver’s current payroll (and tax) by $3-to-4 million, and there would be almost no long-term salary commitment for the future, with plenty of opportunity to retain young talents on cheap contracts. With Butler, they would have several ways to get added pluses, first by using him this season to help get the team to the playoffs, with the ability to perhaps sign him to a new deal in the summer, or to offer him in a sign-and-trade to realize different gains.

But we are told BY people inside the Mavericks organization that the Nuggets organization does not agree with our lofty evaluation of that package.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/1...ing_mavericks.html?blockID=378405&feedID=3799

THIS article says KIDD is the driving force behind this? Is he pushing and egging Cuban on?

Personally, if I were DEN.... the idea to pair Roddy B. with T-Lawson.... WOW. Sure, a small backcourt, but almost as fast as the speed of light.

Jones also is/was considered to be a force on offense, and they could offer 2 young bigs.

It may not be the best deal, but I think it probably trumps what NY can offer, if you consider the 2 first rounders.

BUT... what DAL really sell the farm, so to speak, and mortgage their future?

KIDD
TERRY
MELO
DIRK
CHANDLER

Marion, Stevenson, Haywood, Barera

This team would actually give LAKERS a run for their money. W/out MELO, they've already beaten MIA tiwce?

If you were Cuban, would you risk the future to win a title THIS year? HOPE that winning a title would be enought to convince MELO to resign and stay in DEN?

I think Cuban is desperate (in a way) to finally win that title. I also believe he thinks he can sell DAL (no state tax in Texas), and that he feels Melo will fall in love with the DAL locker room (Cuban most player-friendly owner in NBA).

SO, if Cuban truly believes he can get Melo to stay.... Why not rent him?

Melo-Dirk-Chandler would be a nasty front court.

BASICALLY, DAL is a top team right now. Replace Butler w/ Melo.... They are one of the 4 favorites to win it all (Laker, Mavs, Celtics, Heat). DAL is also a top-5 market, no state tax, and a nice city. Melo might fall in love? I mean, I would bet on Cuban before I went with Dolan.