Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If we don't GET MELO..2011 Salary's 42 Mil.. Free agent options??

Veteran

Nyk Logo If we don't GET MELO..2011 Salary's 42 Mil.. Free agent options??

Ok.. Now I know most of you would luv to get Melo as a free agent in 2011...without giving up any pieces this season...which probably wont happen

So let's say we dont get Melo.. I mean that how Walsh has to be thinking too..

What would YOU do???

our salary will be about 42 mil for Free Agency '11. and let assume the the Cap is about 58 mil again.

who is available????

#1 option is Melo as a free agent and will cost us all of our cap space and we lose Wilson Chandler, but keep galo and fileds...probably wont happen

#2 option is keep Chandler... pick up a Big and backup PG and you still got your cast including Turiaf..(PO which he will exercise).

who's out there...

BIGS
    Marc Gasol - RFA - Memphis can match.... we probaly have to pay him about 12 mil per..leaving us with 4 mil to fill in other gaps..

Tyson Chandler... Cuban will over pay to keep, especially if they do damage in playoffs

David West (PO)..i think for the right price can be a perfect frontcourt mate with Amare... Maybe 8-9 mil per

Nene (PO) would fit well with amare.. 8-9 mil per

Kendrik Perk..or Big Baby.. both would fit well ..if KP comes back healthy .. he is a tough defensive presense.. him with Amare.. Big Baby on the cheap..maybe 6-7 mil per

Dalembert... cheaper option can play defense

TRADES may have to happen

SMALLS

its kinda thin here

Barbosa PO.. If he opts out.. maybe a cheap long term contract will get him...28 over 5 will work...can play in O'antoni's system and can spell Felton better

Arroyo...he will probaly stay in MIA

Grant Hill is not a Guard but can play Point Foward... doubt it though...

Realistically Speaking...

I think our best option would be that we get

David West or Nene 8 mi
    Resign Chandler at 5mil per he might go for it...
    Find a back up PG on the cheap...or darft a pure PG in ther draft.

if we get an expensive big.. we wont have enpugh to fill other areas..
    2011 lineup

Felton
    Fields
    Gallo
    West or NeNe
    Amare

Chandler, Turiaf, T doug, Randolph, and our backup PG off the bench...

I can see Nene as a option idk about D.west especially since he and Amar'e pretty much play the same position and both score from pretty much the same spot. The 15-17 foot mid range jumper.

Anyone consider Greg Oden for like the cheapest he can be had or with a non gauranteed contract just to try it out as an backup option. Just a thought.

As far as guards its slim pickens. Barbosa would be a good pick up for D'ant,but I guess that depends if he's still the coach. Hmmmm idk.

I see the most likely thing happening would be a trade for like an Igoudala.

Veteran

I want no piece of Andre Iguodala after what I saw from him last night against the Nuggets.

He shot 3-12, scored only 9 points, and though he went to the line and took 10 free throws, he only made 3 of them.

I think he costs too much given his inconsistency. Again, I still don't see why we don't use our FA money to sign a cheap big, re-sign Wilson Chandler, and trade for OJ Mayo to give us a starting lineup of:

Felton
    Mayo
    Gallo
    Amar'e
    Perkins

Bench:

G - Toney D
    G/F - Wilson Chandler
    F - Shawne Williams
    F - Anthony Randolph
    C - Timofey Mozgov

That's a solid 10 man rotation. We also have Turiaf since he's probably going to pick up the player option on his contract.

Iggy is a good defender but...I dunno how much we'd be able to handle a shooting guard who hits 66% of his free throws

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    I want no piece of Andre Iguodala after what I saw from him last night against the Nuggets.

He shot 3-12, scored only 9 points, and though he went to the line and took 10 free throws, he only made 3 of them.

I think he costs too much given his inconsistency. Again, I still don't see why we don't use our FA money to sign a cheap big, re-sign Wilson Chandler, and trade for OJ Mayo to give us a starting lineup of:

Felton
    Mayo
    Gallo
    Amar'e
    Perkins

Bench:

G - Toney D
    G/F - Wilson Chandler
    F - Shawne Williams
    F - Anthony Randolph
    C - Timofey Mozgov

That's a solid 10 man rotation. We also have Turiaf since he's probably going to pick up the player option on his contract.

Iggy is a good defender but...I dunno how much we'd be able to handle a shooting guard who hits 66% of his free throws

no to IGGY... rather have chandler on the cheap

do know who we can trade for mayo..azzy and walker wont do it

Originally Posted by moneyg
    no to IGGY... rather have chandler on the cheap

do know who we can trade for mayo..azzy and walker wont do it

lets try n get back chris duhon, try n get Al jefferson, draft a SG n w're good to go....

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Los would be a good back up option.

Is Gasol speedy enough to play on this team?

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Moz106
    lets try n get back chris duhon, try n get Al jefferson, draft a SG n w're good to go....

no to duhon... al jeff...hmm idk.. we cant look to rookies to play SG like fields..

oh yeah... this is a thread about FA signings only

NO TRADES

Felton
    Mayo
    Gallo
    Amar'e
    Perkins

Bench:

G - Toney D
    G/F - Wilson Chandler
    F - Shawne Williams
    F - Anthony Randolph
    C - Timofey Mozgov

He had a bad game but he held Pierce to 11 points in the game against Boston and was carrying Philly for the past 5 games or so... He is know for his D, quickness and strength for his size. On this team he wouldn't be burdened with carrying the team offensively but he can nail the occasional 3 and he can take it to the rim! He would be a welcomed upgrade to this roster!!

Let The Hate Begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a player NY has to give strong consideration to....Jamal Crawford!

Yup I said it.

Now JC is not the first SG I think we should pursue, I for sure think we should try to nab Jason Rich. or Mo. Williams first....but when considering our need for a SG and that he will probably only run us about 8 million leaving 10 million to spend (I actually think the cap will come in around 60 million) we should consider it.

Now, did I hate Jamal Crawford at times when he played for The Knicks....yup!

But consider how he is used by Mike D would be much much different than Isiah and Lenny wilkens and even Larry Brown used him.

I see Mike using him as more of a decoy type player to help spread the floor for Amare. Not to mention, like him or not, he is one of the best with the game on the line! And again like him or not he is one of the hardest players to stop one on one which comes in handy when Amare is out of the game

NOT BLAMING MARBUARY (just thought I would make that clear) but when Jamal played for NY he and Steph's games did not compliment each other, I think he would look great playing along side of Felton.

Felton
    Crawford
    Wilson
    Amare
    Tyson Chandler

very tough squad, Feltons scoring dips while he notches double digit assist!

Veteran

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    He had a bad game but he held Pierce to 11 points in the game against Boston and was carrying Philly for the past 5 games or so... He is know for his D, quickness and strength for his size. On this team he wouldn't be burdened with carrying the team offensively but he can nail the occasional 3 and he can take it to the rim! He would be a welcomed upgrade to this roster!!
    I suppose he's not a TERRIBLE shooter but...that free throw shooting really is terrible. Plus his contract is huge. I don't see what makes him that much better than, say, Wilson Chandler...or hell, this one's a stretch, but even Landry Fields...

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by New New York
    Let The Hate Begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a player NY has to give strong consideration to....Jamal Crawford!

Yup I said it.

Now JC is not the first SG I think we should pursue, I for sure think we should try to nab Jason Rich. or Mo. Williams first....but when considering our need for a SG and that he will probably only run us about 8 million leaving 10 million to spend (I actually think the cap will come in around 60 million) we should consider it.

Now, did I hate Jamal Crawford at times when he played for The Knicks....yup!

But consider how he is used by Mike D would be much much different than Isiah and Lenny wilkens and even Larry Brown used him.

I see Mike using him as more of a decoy type player to help spread the floor for Amare. Not to mention, like him or not, he is one of the best with the game on the line! And again like him or not he is one of the hardest players to stop one on one which comes in handy when Amare is out of the game

NOT BLAMING MARBUARY (just thought I would make that clear) but when Jamal played for NY he and Steph's games did not compliment each other, I think he would look great playing along side of Felton.

Felton
    Crawford
    Wilson
    Amare
    Tyson Chandler

very tough squad, Feltons scoring dips while he notches double digit assist!
    I mentioned JC in other threads but i think we should more so target a guard that can distributed and give felton a break.. even if we get a cheap backup PG that can eat minutes .. i like T doug.. but he is more of a scorer...

quike frankly.. fields at the 2 for 700k in 2011 sounds pretty nice...

thats why i mentioned arroy, barbosa and hill.. guys that can fit better.. JC is too expensive and too one dimensional...
    im not sayin JC wont be a good fit.. just not for the money .. when we got fields

id rather spend money on defense..preferably a big..

^ I'd like Crawford back.

For back-up PG I want Jason Williams. Good pass first PG who can shoot. He'd be good lobbing to Chandler if we got him, don't know if we should get Chandler though. Would be good depending on the contract.

Vince Carter.

Latrell Sprewell

I suppose he's not a TERRIBLE shooter but...that free throw shooting really is terrible. Plus his contract is huge. I don't see what makes him that much better than, say, Wilson Chandler...or hell, this one's a stretch, but even Landry Fields...

I addressed that here:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]