Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Carmelo AndNoD is a Fraud.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default Carmelo AndNoD is a Fraud.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

this generation's glenn robinson.

Very, very talented scorer but not a good enough overall leader or mature enough to put all your stock in.
    average or below in passing, defense and rebounding.

We got the best O in the league that can only get better because we're a young team with a lot of talent, skill and room for growth.

Don't need Melo.

I think I even read/heard/saw once how DEN fans don't have much faith, at times, with Carmelo at the end of games? Not sure if I dreamt that or not.

I could/might agree with this assessment, but I saw with my own 2 eyes Anthony almost beat Lakers all by himself. He was an absolute bull. I also watched him carry Syracuse to a championship.

So, he's proven he can win, and has winning inside him.

I imagine if you put Melo with Shaq and then Gasol, and put Bryant on a team with Keyon Martin and the Bird.... Well, we might say that Kobe is Rice and Melo a HOF player.

I think Felton-Stat is the perfect duo to put Melo with. Toss is a Fields (jack of all trades) and a Big who can rebound and defend, and you'll get a title.

TRUST ME.

Now, I do agree that I wouldn;t sell the famr (in other words, give up 3 of these 4: Fields, Chandler, Gallo & Randolph). But if I could get Melo only sacfricing 2 of them.... I have to do it.

I just remember that LAK series.... and I think his best bball is still ahead of him.

Veteran

I don't have exact stats off top of head; but isn't Melo averaging 7+ boards and 3assists? For a sf with a score-first game, his assists are almost downright good, and his rebounding is very good.

The maturity issue and leadership -- we can only evaluate what we know. Leading 'Cuse to a championship. As a freshman. Consistently leading league in game winners and buzzer beaters.

And he's still very young. Plenty of time to develop the killer attitude and winning mentality we all want. Really, how many players his age -- 25/26 -- have a winning attitude/maturity greater than Melo, or his accomplishments in those areas?

Look at STAT! He had a downright ****ty attitude for his reputation, bickered, got pissy. Was known for downright atrociously inconsistent rebounding for his ability, terrible passing, turnover prone, couldn't lead or carry a team, etc.

But he had it in him. He wanted NY. Just like Melo, IMO.

I just want a title so bad, a dynasty. I don't see how we realistically do it w/o Melo or an equivalent superstar like player. I'd hate for our franchise to work so hard only to be locked into being a Hawks type team, or a bit better like ORL.

Veteran

^^ Mafra that blueprint you mention is exactly what I've been thinking. For the complimentary big, we could acquire one this off season. It's so rich with complimentary bigs: Perkins, BigBaby, Dalembert, etc.

melo and dalembert will make us a championship team.

felton
    chandler
    melo
    amare
    dalembert

I just want a title so bad, a dynasty. I don't see how we realistically do it w/o Melo or an equivalent superstar like player. I'd hate for our franchise to work so hard only to be locked into being a Hawks type team, or a bit better like ORL.

I agree though we can't claim to be better then the Hawks yet, as we lost to them earlier in the year. Hopefully we'll beat them next time

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    I don't have exact stats off top of head; but isn't Melo averaging 7+ boards and 3assists? For a sf with a score-first game, his assists are almost downright good, and his rebounding is very good.
    3 assists is good? I don't think so considering he dominates the ball offensively. I don't get where the hype is with this guy. He averages less than 30% from the 3pt line and shoots below 45% FG. Having 45% is not bad but for a guy who's suppose to be a dominant offensive player, I don't think it's that great. With that said, I do think there's something there considering practically every analyst, including JVG, is saying the Knicks should give up the farm for that guy. I don't know...

Veteran

If Donnie can get him for a reasonable price, you have to do it. I believe when a player smells a chance at a title, which would be the case if you pair STAT n Melo, u have that. I am against blowing up the team, meaning Chandler, Gallo and Fields, but I would not hesitate to give up any combo of the two.

I rather get Mayo on the cheap and a big man IMO.

and by the way people that keep bringing up Sam Dalembert, he's way to slow has no offense and would be a bench warmer in Mike D's system.

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    I rather get Mayo on the cheap and a big man IMO.

and by the way people that keep bringing up Sam Dalembert, he's way to slow has no offense and would be a bench warmer in Mike D's system.
    well hes one of the bigs tht will b out there.

but really is there any true big that plays D and rebounds well thats built for this system. There isn't unless it's an undersized PF playing C like Anderson Varejao

Originally Posted by KnicksFan112
    3 assists is good? I don't think so considering he dominates the ball offensively. I don't get where the hype is with this guy. He averages less than 30% from the 3pt line and shoots below 45% FG. Having 45% is not bad but for a guy who's suppose to be a dominant offensive player, I don't think it's that great. With that said, I do think there's something there considering practically every analyst, including JVG, is saying the Knicks should give up the farm for that guy. I don't know...
    Agreed. Perfect way to some up Melo's deficiencies! Rep point for u..

Now use that same nifty program to figure out where his Denver teammates are rated at. You can't get an assist if your teamates dont knockdown shots.

Its the reason why Rondo averages so high in assists. Bunch of veterans who can knock down easy open shots. Put Rondo on the clippers and tell me how many assists he averages. Oh btw Rondo also leads the league in turnovers.

Originally Posted by JazRedGT
    Now use that same nifty program to figure out where his Denver teammates are rated at. You can't get an assist if your teamates dont knockdown shots.

Its the reason why Rondo averages so high in assists. Bunch of veterans who can knock down easy open shots. Put Rondo on the clippers and tell me how many assists he averages. Oh btw Rondo also leads the league in turnovers.
    Excellent Point statistics can tell any story you like. If your saying Melo is overrated, I can respect that. I also agree his offense is not our biggest need. But to say hes a Fraud and this generation's Glen Robinson is what makes you seem a little emotional and attention seeking (whats new Metro).
    Stop hating on the dude cuz he dissed your lame ass Puerto Rican squad, be happy with Carlos Arrrrrrrrrrroyo!

The Nuggets 2 years ago got all the way to the Western Conference Finals and posed a serious threat to beat the Lakers. We are not talking about VC or T-Mac who fail in the playoffs time after time, this kid is a proven winner, especially when it matters, hes clutch and he gives us the closer and second star we need. But that doesn't even matter because Carmelo doesn't have to be the leader of this team. This is Amare's team and between he and Felton we got all the leadership we need. Melo is not going to stop the ball if he has Amare and Felton to work with, he "hogs" the ball cuz hes Denver's primary option. When STAT goes to the bench or is in foul trouble, Melo will "get his" ya dig. If Lebron and Wade who are almost the same player can figure it out, then certainly Carmelo and STAT with the proper coaching will figure it out.

Stop Frontin' this discussion is getting old, remember the last time you homer's question Amar'e how did that STAT is a Fraud thread turn out...lol

In closing, While not a number 1 option or a true elite superstar like Kobe, James, Wade, Paul. Carmelo Anthony is perennial all-star who will be the perfect number 2 option to Amar'e.

Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    Excellent Point statistics can tell any story you like. If your saying Melo is overrated, I can respect that. I also agree his offense is not our biggest need. But to say hes a Fraud and this generation's Glen Robinson is what makes you seem a little emotional and attention seeking (whats new Metro).
    Stop hating on the dude cuz he dissed your lame ass Puerto Rican squad, be happy with Carlos Arrrrrrrrrrroyo!

The Nuggets 2 years ago got all the way to the Western Conference Finals and posed a serious threat to beat the Lakers. We are not talking about VC or T-Mac who fail in the playoffs time after time, this kid is a proven winner, especially when it matters, hes clutch and he gives us the closer and second star we need. But that doesn't even matter because Carmelo doesn't have to be the leader of this team. This is Amare's team and between he and Felton we got all the leadership we need. Melo is not going to stop the ball if he has Amare and Felton to work with, he "hogs" the ball cuz hes Denver's primary option. When STAT goes to the bench or is in foul trouble, Melo will "get his" ya dig. If Lebron and Wade who are almost the same player can figure it out, then certainly Carmelo and STAT with the proper coaching will figure it out.

Stop Frontin' this discussion is getting old, remember the last time you homer's question Amar'e how did that STAT is a Fraud thread turn out...lol

In closing, While not a number 1 option or a true elite superstar like Kobe, James, Wade, Paul. Carmelo Anthony is perennial all-star who will be the perfect number 2 option to Amar'e.
    thank u...

are you the only other person that knows about his reason for h8 towards melo

Originally Posted by la2ny
    thank u...

are you the only other person that knows about his reason for h8 towards melo
    Go figure... a fan from Cali knows more about basketball and the Knicks then most moron Knicks Fans, let me also take the time to reiterate the sentiment of other posters on here and say you are the Blake Griffin of these here Knicks Forums, a lock for ROY.