Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 159

Thread: Carmelo AndNoD is a Fraud.

  1. #121
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    Ron Ron, quit wasting your time on these morons. You keep throwing the facts at em' and they keep spewing their nonsense. You can't argue stupid as you will never win in a argument with 6 year olds. Every time i call these idiots out their respective e-mail alerts sound and they throw every insult at me possible while making absolutely no basketball sense. Trying to argue team Starbury is like trying to calm down a hormonal pregnant woman on her period, it ain't happening.

    This is a non-issue, as we haven't made a move for Melo yet, and we could very well end up passing Denver may ask for too much, and we do have a solid group for the most part. Everybody said Wade and Lebron could not co-exist yet somehow they whooped the Lakers by 20 on Christmas day. Carmelo and Amar'e while not as talented have the same will to win and would definitely play with a chip on their shoulder to prove the haters wrong.

    Does anybody think OKC is going to win a Championship with their young stars, without making some major moves? Does nobody remember how much we relied on Ewing while Chicago had the Benefit of both Scottie and Jordan. Or hows about the Magic who could of stood pat and just let Dwight's prime go to waste, they make two blockbuster trades and revamp their team they go on to beat the Celtics and Spurs, the two best teams in the league right now. The list goes on and on, if you want to win you need talent and you need to take some gambles. Donnie has played it safe and it has paid off, but if he wants to bring a championship hes going to have to be more aggressive.
    Well said..

    It just bugs me when people spew nonsense and then don't even back it up when they get called on it and then want call me names -- like i'm not doin what i'm supposed to do. I just call it how see it.. Your right, whatevs. I'm letting it go.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Dec 27, 2010 at 19:54. Reason: i always have typos.. deal w it

  2. #122
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Trade Gallo + Randolph + Curry for MELO ... NOW

  3. #123
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Kingstarbury I don't have anything against you or Metro. The only problem I have is w those comments he made. I've agreed w him many times and complemented his threads/ideas aswell. But he is not above being called out for saying some stupid sh*t.

    You should be more concerned w how u appear by hanging all over his nuts all the time like you do. Why don't you declare that will be over and done w..
    Im not concerned at all with how I appear to you or any other poster, I was unsure about Carmelo at first. I thought there were good arguments on both sides of this but the more i thought about it, the more i realized that we dont need carmello. Its as simple as that, and while i wouldnt say career wise that Felton and Chandler are better then Carmello, an argument can be made for that up to this point of the season.

    Feltons been one of the best point guards in the NBA, Chandler plays hard on BOTH ends of the court. Hes not as versatile of a scorer within the 3 point like as Melo is but he can hit 3's better and make really nice hustle plays. If your talkin strictly offense then no, I dont think theres much of an argument if any for Chandler over Melo. But when you factor in defense...I mean, I've seen Melo be a beast on defense when he wants to. But thats not very often, something that LJ4ptplay said and he watched almost every nuggets game last year. So how do we know that hes gonna start playin his hardest on defense night in and night out if he comes to new york? We dont know that, and his lack of ability to consistently hit the 3 turns me away from him (pause). With our offense, the more players we have that can hit a 3 pointer the better. When we got Felton, Chandler, Gallo, Fields and even Douglas all hittin their 3's its impossible to guard us and its impossible to double Amare. What we really need is defense, a healthier and better version of Ronny Turiaf. sorta off topic, but Im a big Kurt Thomas fan to this day, I thought he did a nice job on Amare on Christmas. He obviously didnt stop him but he slowed him down at times and hes just a very smart defender. Hes not the answer to our problems but I wonder if theres anyway we can steal him from the Bulls, It'd be nice to be able to rotate Kurt Thomas/Turiaf/Amare and give Chandler some minutes at power forward as well. That way if Turiaf gets hurt again, Kurt Thomas is sorta similar but the opposite...Turiaf is a much better help defender and much more likely to block shots. Thomas, hes a genius when it comes to positioning. He always stays with his opponent and gets a hand in there face. It was after we traded him when i felt like this team went from being a borderline bad team to just [Sir Charles]Turrrble ernie[/Sir Charles]

    Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    Ron Ron, quit wasting your time on these morons. You keep throwing the facts at em' and they keep spewing their nonsense. You can't argue stupid as you will never win in a argument with 6 year olds. Every time i call these idiots out their respective e-mail alerts sound and they throw every insult at me possible while making absolutely no basketball sense. Trying to argue team Starbury is like trying to calm down a hormonal pregnant woman on her period, it ain't happening.

    This is a non-issue, as we haven't made a move for Melo yet, and we could very well end up passing Denver may ask for too much, and we do have a solid group for the most part. Everybody said Wade and Lebron could not co-exist yet somehow they whooped the Lakers by 20 on Christmas day. Carmelo and Amar'e while not as talented have the same will to win and would definitely play with a chip on their shoulder to prove the haters wrong.

    Does anybody think OKC is going to win a Championship with their young stars, without making some major moves? Does nobody remember how much we relied on Ewing while Chicago had the Benefit of both Scottie and Jordan. Or hows about the Magic who could of stood pat and just let Dwight's prime go to waste, they make two blockbuster trades and revamp their team they go on to beat the Celtics and Spurs, the two best teams in the league right now. The list goes on and on, if you want to win you need talent and you need to take some gambles. Donnie has played it safe and it has paid off, but if he wants to bring a championship hes going to have to be more aggressive.
    Your first paragraph describes u better then anyone else on this site, 99% of the time your the first one to start with the insults.

    And i dont think Donnie needs to be more aggressive, i love his style (no homo). Hes done a great job, made one sorta bad trade but admitted to it. When your aggressive, sometimes u make silly mistakes. An example would be Isiah Thomas, who was so desperate to match up Francis with Marbury, then Z-Bo with Curry. Obviously Amare and Carmello would work better then any of those duo's (pause) did, but I still dont think thats the right duo (pause). We lucked out with Amare, hes really come along ways on defense. Hes still more of a statistical defender then a straight up defender, but hes made a strong effort to try harder on D...Scottie and Michael were both great defenders, Pippen is arguably to this day the 2nd best small forward ever, only behind Bird. Grant Hill woulda been the GOAT if it wasnt for injuries, now Lebrons got a chance at passing them if he can ever learn to shoot and post up more. Theres always gonna be a counter argument for any opinion. So I can see why you want to see Donnie G, Don Gorilla be more aggressive, but Carmella is not the answer. I love watchin his highlights and watchin him bully other small forwards, but i dont love his all around game.

    *edit*

    And when i said Melosexuals before, I wasnt referring to every single Knicks fans that want Melo on this team. Just the blind ones that dont see the flaws in his game, and fail to acknowledge the fact that there are solid arguments as to why he wouldnt fit in on this current knicks team, even if they disagree. The posters that want Melo, I have nothing against just because i disagree, but if you dont see the points that Metrocard has made as to why we dont need him then your just being blind...Stevie Wonder

  4. #124
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina

    You should be more concerned w how u appear by hanging all over his nuts all the time like you do. Why don't you declare that will be over and done w..
    The problem is no one else hangs on my nuts more than you.

  5. #125
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    The problem is no one else hangs on my nuts more than you.
    Seriously dude?? Really? Lol..

    You must be drunk or something.. Don't you have something else you'd rather be doing than showing everybody what a loser/poser you are.

    Get a life.

  6. #126
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    we need melo idgaf

  7. #127
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You stalk me, what does that say about you?

    Some life you got.

    I'm glad I'm annoying you though...making you break out of character.
    I'm making you do what I want, and its mad funny.

    You lost a lot of respect from people here already.

    Reread your post.
    It shows how insecure and little you are.

    Me? I don't give a ****. Everything you font doesn't make sense anyway, and you bring a lot of negative energy here and not much insight, when you do that, people tend to skip your post. Also it make you look desperate for attention and myapproval when you continually stalk my post. Only reason people would read you nonsense is because you replying to me, and that bothers you ALOT that I mention that. You a sensitive little guy.

    as for Melo, its simple.

    His way of scoring doesn't fit the system.
    His defense isn't good, passing isn't good check his TO to assist ratio...Kobe, James, Wade, T'Mac, Iggy, etc are good passers, Melo just gets his assist due to ball domination just like a lot of other superstars.
    Dude is a modern day Glen Robinson.

    Felton is easily better than Melo. Ray is a top twenty guy, and is at an elite PG status. Melo cannot do what he does. Felton plays D, runs the oense and gives us twenty points per game. Overall, Felton is better. Career wise, Melo is more accomplished. But the only thing that mattes is right now, so get over yesterday and stat living in today. Today, we are the NY Knicks, an upcoming team in the East with an excellent core of players. Lets embrace that. We been through the past decade so much to not do it.

    Chandler rebounds equally and plays much better D and jump-shot is equal or even better to Melo.
    Plus Chandler is cheaper and younger, has more experience with this team and more room to grow as a player. This gives us a chance to sign a better player than Melo; there's many since Melo isn't a top fifteen player as I proved before. Chandler is playing like a top thirty NBA player right now. Why give that up for someone who's giving up on a franchise?

    Melo isn't going to change the Knicks that much.

    It was a post bitch posting this.
    Try typing with out any r keys v keys number keys and f keys.
    Copy and drag becomes a skill. lol. I know made typos in this but I dont got time and I got boxing.

    Enjoy spending the whole day like always waiting on my post to reply to. We know how much time you do put into it. A dedicated metrocrad fanboy. You not alone,b.

  8. #128
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    felton and chandler > Melo.
    WTF??? No GM AND I REPEAT, no GM would take felton or chandler over melo if they had a choice. Nothing against Felt/Will but it just aint happening.

    With that statement I have to assume you love attention.

  9. #129
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    WTF??? No GM AND I REPEAT, no GM would take felton or chandler over melo if they had a choice. Nothing against Felt/Will but it just aint happening.

    With that statement I have to assume you love attention.
    Exactly, this dude's smokin that good herb..

  10. #130
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You stalk me, what does that say about you?

    First of all I see why your trying to keep this on the personal side.. Because you're getting absolutely smacked silly on the basketball side. You don't have a leg to stand on in this debate about Melo. The whole premise of this thread is absolutely ass backwards and everybody sees it. On top of that I'm pointing out what a retard you sound like and you hate it.. Your prolly at boxing right now trying to picture my face as you throw your sissy lil punches, lol. Your so lame..

    Some life you got.

    Yea my life sucks-- a good marriage, nice plush job, house, cars. To top it off I'm a humble man w a deep love for the game of basketball and the acumen to go w it.

    I'm glad I'm annoying you though...making you break out of character.
    I'm making you do what I want, and its mad funny.

    Annoying me? Ha! Your amusing me. In any debate about basketball I WILL SMASH YOU. This is what you don't understand. It's the childish, personal stuff, that you're so good at, that I really don't like to get into. That's the one thing you're right about in this thread infact. It is out of character for me.

    You lost a lot of respect from people here already.

    I gain respect w every post. You spit some outlandish piece of hyperbole almost everyday and are wrong almost as much. Just because you have a lot of posts doesn't mean you actually know anything.

    Reread your post.
    It shows how insecure and little you are.

    Nah holmes.. I've only given my honest assessments. They happen to cut against what your selling and you can't handle it. You're like a woman who can't admit she's wrong during an arguement where she's been proven wrong several times! Almost nobody, but you lapdog Kingstarbury agrees that Melo < Felton and Chandler, or what ever the f*ck you mean as you keep changing it up.

    FIRST IT WAS: "IF WE GOT MELO HE'D BE OUR FOURTH BEST PLAYER"

    I chased off that weak assessment &

    THEN IT BECAME: MELO < FELTON AND CHANDLER

    Which is it?? Like I said you don't have a leg to stand on.

    Me? I don't give a ****. Everything you font doesn't make sense anyway, and you bring a lot of negative energy here and not much insight, when you do that, people tend to skip your post. Also it make you look desperate for attention and myapproval when you continually stalk my post. Only reason people would read you nonsense is because you replying to me, and that bothers you ALOT that I mention that. You a sensitive little guy.

    as for Melo, its simple.

    His way of scoring doesn't fit the system.

    ^^^^^^^^
    This is the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. How in christ name could his way of scoring not fit into a system that is predicated on scoring the basketball?? You're a moron. MELO WOULD FIT IN TO OUR OFFENSE FINE. Certainly better than Chandler does, and w Felton he'd be even better. Like I've said, in our offense Melo could rely more on the schemes within it, as opposed to what he does in Denver-- relying more on isos. This is a simple basketball point you either don't understand or continue to ignore. Melo would get his share of isos in our offense, but he'd also get alot of good open looks as well due to our spacing and movement (which we've all seen), which he'd utilize, i think it's safe to say better, than Chandler or Gallo or Fields because none of them are of his ilk in the scoring department. This is why he'd fit fine. THIS SHOULD MAKE GOOD SENSE IF YOU HAVE HALF A BRAIN. This is pure basketball talk try to stay w me.


    His defense isn't good, passing isn't good check his TO to assist ratio...Kobe, James, Wade, T'Mac, Iggy, etc are good passers, Melo just gets his assist due to ball domination just like a lot of other superstars.
    Dude is a modern day Glen Robinson.

    ^^^^^
    Yes this is is where we agree. As I've stated all along Melo is not as good a facilitator as any of the guys you mention. I think part of this has to do w the FACT that he doen't have a lot of help in Denver to pass to (he doesn't really trust those guys that much either) and also because they need him to get buckets. They don't need him to be a facilitator. That's why they have Billups. The need him to get the ball on the post or wing and do what he does.

    In our offense he would have to move the ball more, which I don't think he's averse to. He would also be the beneficiary of our ball movement many times. I think he could run the pick and roll as the screener also where he would halve alot of options as he came off of the pick. He could develop a nice chemistry w Felton on the wing in transition. This would be a great benefit to Melo as teams hurry back on defense. When he makes his move in transition after the quick pass from Felton, he'll definitely draw attention and he could find shooters as they spot up. I think we'd see more of Melo's passing skills partly because of the spacing of our offense in the half court which is utilized by moving the basketball, and also due to the threat he poses with his ability to run the floor in transition coupled w his ability to draw the defense and find shooters as they spot up on the positions we're all familiar w having watched the SSOL for a good while now.

    On the defensive end Melo has shown a propensity for defense when challenged. I recall a games where he had to guard Kobe and did an admirable job. I think alot of the reason he's seen as average on defense is because he has to conserve energy due to carrying such a huge burden to score. But overall he needs to play better on the D-end. I think he can. Amare has shown an increased willingness to give effort on that end this year w his shot blocking, help side D and being more vocal. Why wouldn't Melo fall in line?? He wants to win. That's HIS WHOLE REASONING FOR COMING TO NY.


    Felton is easily better than Melo. Ray is a top twenty guy, and is at an elite PG status. Melo cannot do what he does. Felton plays D, runs the oense and gives us twenty points per game. Overall, Felton is better. Career wise, Melo is more accomplished. But the only thing that mattes is right now, so get over yesterday and stat living in today. Today, we are the NY Knicks, an upcoming team in the East with an excellent core of players. Lets embrace that. We been through the past decade so much to not do it.

    I'm not willing to say Felton is better than Melo yet. I would atleast like to wait until, at the very least, the allstar break (maybe...)to see where Felton stands, really the end of the season would be nice. I think it's a little early. You need to slow down. Melo is 5 time allstar. Felton just started playing good this year. Calm down.

    Chandler rebounds equally and plays much better D and jump-shot is equal or even better to Melo.
    Plus Chandler is cheaper and younger, has more experience with this team and more room to grow as a player. This gives us a chance to sign a better player than Melo; there's many since Melo isn't a top fifteen player as I proved before. Chandler is playing like a top thirty NBA player right now. Why give that up for someone who's giving up on a franchise?

    ^^^

    Chandlers jumpshot is not as good as Melo's. Chandler is benefiting from proper execution of our offense and because of that he's become a knockdown shooter, as he's gotten alot of good open looks. But he is not a better shooter than Melo. Melo is the best pure scorer in the league. He makes all kinds of jumpshots; from fadeaways to off balance shots. He shoots with more range and has a MUCH better mid-range jumpshot than Chandler. You need to slow down there.

    Chandlers is a better defender right now, I'll give you that. But that's it. That's all he does better. Melo is a better rebounder, better athlete, he runs the floor better, he's more aware offensively and he's a better passer and ballhandler. Stop dude. YOUR MAKING NO SENSE.


    Melo isn't going to change the Knicks that much.

    ^^^^
    You are an idiot for this comment. Melo would give us another primary scoring option that we could rely on for stretches, just like we do w Amare. This is the reason you can't put him in the same class as Felton or Chandler. HE IS A FRANCHISE PLAYER, that when its all said and done will more than likely go into the HOF. YOU NEED TO STOP. You sound like a moron.

    It was a post bitch posting this.
    Try typing with out any r keys v keys number keys and f keys.
    Copy and drag becomes a skill. lol. I know made typos in this but I dont got time and I got boxing.

    Enjoy spending the whole day like always waiting on my post to reply to. We know how much time you do put into it. A dedicated metrocrad fanboy. You not alone,b.
    You are an ignorant wannabe masquarading as someone who knows something about basketball. You make bull****, lame proclamations and prognostications and expect people to swallow it whole and not call you on it. Then when they do, you bitch, cry and moan.

    Everyone can see it except YOU! Wake up biatch!
    Last edited by ronoranina; Dec 28, 2010 at 17:36.

  11. #131
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    WTF??? No GM AND I REPEAT, no GM would take felton or chandler over melo if they had a choice. Nothing against Felt/Will but it just aint happening.

    With that statement I have to assume you love attention.
    Most GM's are stupid.



    Melo isn't a better scorer than Durant.

    I'll reply to the rest later.

    Peace.

  12. #132
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I guess your lack of insight and information is substituted by your emotional insults.

    I just feel really sorry for you.

  13. #133
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I've have been talking basketball along. You started w the insults. Did you forget?

    You have no idea what the f*ck you're talking about lately. Snap out of it..

  14. #134
    Superstar welcometonycity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    879
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    yea hes a bugout. logs on every hour on the hour. leave em b rona u shyted on him already. just ignore dude.

  15. #135
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I swear sometimes it seems as if KO revolves around feuds

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: Nov 09, 2010, 13:24
  2. What will happen with carmelo?
    By jzero29 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 05, 2010, 16:09
  3. Trading Gallo or Randolph for Carmelo will fail us.
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: Sep 26, 2010, 10:10
  4. KO Disillusionment, re: Carmelo, NJN
    By iSaYughh in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 25, 2010, 12:33
  5. Carmelo isn't coming!!!!
    By NYKnuniversity in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jun 12, 2010, 11:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •