Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo AndNoD is a Fraud.

Veteran

...since when is Carmelo not a good off the ball player?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Your keyboard seems to be working pretty good..
    I hae to copy and dag alot o keys.

You ae just eally stupid, aent you? SMH.

You = obsessed with me.

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    Metro's perspective is often unique and contrarion. He is controversial, combatively confrontational and given to hyperbole. But he is definitely no fool. His basic point in this thread is that our offense is fine. Melo provides plenty of offense, but little else. That is a legitimate point.

I would love to have Melo as a free agent and I can accept giving up any one of Gallinari, Chandler and Fields. But not two of them.

And if we get him, i have some concerns about chemistry. We have two and perhaps three alpha males in Amar'e, Felton and Chandler. Chandler's demeanor may not show it, but his actions do. Melo is definitely an alpha male. Amar'e is thriving as the team's unquestioned leader. Will we diminish some of that with Melo seeking to share, or dominate, the spotlight? I am not sure either is used to second position.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I hae to copy and dag alot o keys.

You ae just eally stupid, aent you? SMH.

You = obsessed with me.

Ofcourse you'd think that..

Ridiculous.

Veteran

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    ...since when is Carmelo not a good off the ball player?
    Since Never.

Felton and Chandler have always been bad 3pt shooters. It's a skill you work on. Think one of the best scorers in the game could improve?

Most important: oc Melo's 3 shot will be particularly bad; like la2ny said, he gets Kobe-treatment and when you're taking tons of tough shots and shouldering an offense, oc the lowest % of shots to begin with that is predicated on good looks will take a big hit.

People questioning his toughness or leadership? smh guys. Led syracuse to a title as a freshmen; consistent leader in NBA in game winners/buzzer beaters. Has destroyed teams in playoffs single handedly -- like Amare to the Lakers when he couldn't be stopped.

This is all especially funny since Amare had 1000x as many defense/leadership/attitude red flags, with many less examples to be confident of in those areas than Melo.

Moreover, a biggest need right now -- particularly up front -- is rebounding. Which Melo excels at. He is also a competent passer, which never hurts in this offense.

To the points about We Don't Need More Offense. It's a fallacy rooted in truth. Ideally, we would love Dennis Rodman. But added offense is no better or worse than added defense.

You just want to boost expected point differential and intangibles like closing out games.

Melo adding offense doesn't mean we reduce defense. The added points of Melo are just as valuable as added point differential if "Melo" didn't add of subtract from offense, but boosted defense.

You don't get points for being pretty in the NBA. You just score more points and increase your differential.

There's no such thing as enough offense or enough defense, really. When you can add to one you likely do it; when you can really add to one and not sacrifice much or at all from the other, you definitely want to do it.

Financially speaking, it's a win, too. Walsh is going after another max contract. We would have given one to Joe Johnson if HE had wanted us. Melo will not be "overpaid" in any way to the market, and he ensures we don't make a riskier move on a max going forward.

He's 26, and in solid health. Longterm, as Amare begins a slow decline, Melo will still be in prime helping us still contend and setting us up for a smooth transition to a new era of being contenders.

Adding him is all-around win. oc it's predicated on a GOOD trade. If we truly gut the team you have to seriously question it. But that is a total unknown.

Chandler, Douglas, and two other 1sts from trading AR and buying a pick or trading Turiaf to ORL for one (who btw is 5M to our cap). I would put that deal in the sweet spot of liklihood and what wouldn't be a rape to any party.

I'd leave us with Rupaul's last second, game winner that iced us.

That is precisely the dimension Melo brings to us, and what we would be doing to other teams.

*not to mention Melo would have been the one blanketing Rupaul and other teams' finishers in such spots to begin with.
    Last edited by iSaYughh; Dec 27, 2010 at 13:01. Reason: bad typo

Veteran

Oldtimer hit a nail on head about "hyperbole", btw. Malcolm X was the definition of hyperbole, and why he's so much more disliked and controversial, even hated, than MLK. Not that im making a direct comparison, lol...But hyperbole sets you up for big fail or big success by the nature of it.

I deeply disagree w Melo's devaluation into being Glenn Robinson-light, and not a 1b/2 option for us. But I was persuaded into being outright against Melo following the Celtic game; and I had a burning rage to build up w our current squad and crush next year.

Still clearly prefer Melo at end of day, now that my jets have cooled from our BOS battle. But we have good hope either way; regardless of which KO camp is wrong, tbh.

Please stop with the Olympic comparisons. He was with a team of super/all stars and coached by K.

Keep it NBA. If Melo comes to the Knicks he will not be surrounded by the best talent in the league and coach K.

La2ny I was not comparing AI to Melo as the kind of player they are, I was countering your point that you said stars figure it out, and AI clearly never figured it out.

Ronoranina, you said he can do all the things I stated except maybe 3point shooting, but yet he really does not do those things on the Nuggets. So how do we know he can do those things consistently and efficiently as our system dictates?

His offensive genius is due to his skills of a post player and breaking down guys one on one. This is something he has been doing his entire career including college. That is not the offense we run. Just because he is great at those things does not mean he can do all the other things well.

Case in point, Lebron James is a horrible off ball player. Miami changed things up before their big run and he doesn't play off ball anymore. Lebron is a very talented player BUT yet he could not play off ball.

Melo has a lot of great skills, but hitting that three and being efficient are things he cannot OR does not do. What guarantee do we have that says he will all of a sudden pick it up? Because in his NBA career he certainly has not done that.

Until I see him doing those things we need him to do to fit this system, I'll believe it.
    Last edited by Blas; Dec 27, 2010 at 13:56.

Let's stop talking about three pointers. That's what got us to have a bad season early on.

12th man

Originally Posted by Blas
    Please stop with the Olympic comparisons. He was with a team of super/all stars and coached by K.

Keep it NBA. If Melo comes to the Knicks he will not be surrounded by the best talent in the league and coach K.

La2ny I was not comparing AI to Melo as the kind of player they are, I was countering your point that you said stars figure it out, and AI clearly never figured it out.

Ronoranina, you said he can do all the things I stated except maybe 3point shooting, but yet he really does not do those things on the Nuggets. So how do we know he can do those things consistently and efficiently as our system dictates?

His offensive genius is due to his skills of a post player and breaking down guys one on one. This is something he has been doing his entire career including college. That is not the offense we run. Just because he is great at those things does not mean he can do all the other things well.

Case in point, Lebron James is a horrible off ball player. Miami changed things up before their big run and he doesn't play off ball anymore. Lebron is a very talented player BUT yet he could not play off ball.

Melo has a lot of great skills, but hitting that three and being efficient are things he cannot OR does not do. What guarantee do we have that says he will all of a sudden pick it up? Because in his NBA career he certainly has not done that.

Until I see him doing those things we need him to do to fit this system, I'll believe it.
    Well said.

Superstar

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Well said.
    Ditto

Question Mark

Am i the only one that thinks we should just get Varejao and Gibson and if we're lucky possibly Mayo as well?Getting Carmelo would mean getting rid of Chandler,Gallinari,or Fields and thats just not worth it.

You cannot be f-ing serious. Melo grasps offense. He'll eat this offense like it was damn snack. You're crazy dude if you don't think an All-star caliber player like Melo won't fit in to the SSOL. You show zero vision. Stop.

Listen man, Melo is an offensive juggernaut. Wtf do mean he couldn't operate consistently and effectively in our offense. Would he be better on O than Chandler? Gallo? Fields? Stop.. Why is this even a question?

If anything, as I've said, by playing within our offensive schemes Melo could rely less on his own array of skills one on one, and instead utilize the spacing, ball movement and timing of our SSOL. I think, if he bought in to what were doing (and he would), he could be more efficient. But make no mistake, he would fit in. There's no question. To me this is not even really debatable and is the reason I've been so hard on metro for this ignormoid thread, along w his related remarks.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Dec 27, 2010 at 14:49. Reason: typos maggots

Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    This thread is classic! Metrotard will be defending this one for years! I'm not the only one tired of his sorry ass, half the forums are tired of this punk and his girlfriend KingLoserbury. Everyday a new member logs on cuz he can't take the idiotic statements from him anymore. It's funny, how Metro resembles his favorite player Marbury. Dude is a cancer, and the sooner he leaves the better the forum will be for it.

But Metrofraud's delusional mind and fragile self esteem somehow twists the attacks and the verbal smackdown's he receives daily into a positive... No number of pity rep points from your girlfriend KingStarbury can change the fact you are the worst poster in KO history and watching you get angry and defensive is almost as fulfilling as how good the team is playing. Keep the hits coming Metro !
    lol @ this p*ssy

Whatever happened to you wanting to be a good person or whatever that bs was that u said. Just admit you little faggit, your obsessed with responding to me and metro.

I mean, this little faggit probably gets an email everytime we post

You like them texans i got on my dikk
    I'sa wreckon you aint nothin but a b*tch
    the type to snitch, go report my post
    Gold mac 10, i import mad coke
    sold some to your moms when she was pregnant with you
    KingStar, im a ****in legend to you
    my profile is your homepage
    doggie u slow, your showin your old age

C'mon now son u cant **** with me, im the jack of all trades. Ill break u down analytically, rhythmically, insult you....I do it all. Pick your poison...and I know as much as you want it to be, my dikk aint a choice so stay off it homo

have some red maggot

You cannot be f-ing serious. Melo grasps offense. He'll eat this offense like it was damn snack. You're crazy dude if you don't think an All-star caliber player like Melo won't fit in to the SSOL. You show zero vision. Stop.
    Maybe you are too blinded by Melo's stardom.

We won't know unless he is playing here in uniform.

My concerns are warranted.

No gaurantees it will work out.

And yes I am crazy.

12th man

Listen man, Melo is an offensive juggernaut. Wtf do mean he couldn't operate consistently and effectively in our offense. Would he be better on O than Chandler? Gallo? Fields? Stop.. Why is this even a question?

If anything, as I've said, by playing within our offensive schemes Melo could rely less on his own array of skills one on one, and instead utilize the spacing, ball movement and timing of our SSOL. I think, if he bought in to what were doing (and he would), he could be more efficient. But make no mistake, he would fit in. There's no question. To me this is not een really debatable and is the reason I've been so on metro for this ignormoid thread, along w his related remarks.
    Do you realize none of this is fact? Anyone who disagrees with you is assumed crazy and its making you look like an ignorant jackass. Melo doesn't it and isn't a NEED. Especially when we got 3 better all-around players.

You call that being hard on me?
    All I can say to that is LOL.
    You hits are pillow soft.

I can't wait till I shut you up.
    You'll know why people on this forum know me for who I am.
    Next week, when I get on a keyboadthatwok
    idonthaetocopyanddagkeysthatdontwokyoustupid****.

Even with a boken keyboad, you still looking stupid.

Maybe you are too blinded by Melo's stardom.

We won't know unless he is playing here in uniform.

My concerns are warranted.

No gaurantees it will work out.

And yes I am crazy.
    But if you know the game and you understand what these players are bringing to the table you can make certain reasonable predictions on how they'll perform in a given situation. In this case Melo + SSOL+ Mike D'antoni = good money..

AND, no I'm not blinded by Melo's stardom at all. Infact I've been against trading for him all along. Pay attention. I've been on the side of people who say we should let Gallo develop because I see the potential there.

But when people start saying crazy sh*t, like "Melo's a Fraud" and bullsh*t like that.., he can't fit in to this system-- your basic utter nonsense, I feel the need to call bullsh*t on my end.