Can knicks afford both Dampier n Crawford

Damnn Knicks aree very close 2 geting Dampier :) , Finaly they can get a good big man bak in NY but just geting Dampier wont cut it, we need Crawford but wit the knicks cap room i dont think we can afford both.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
By trading Nazi and Othella it opens enough salary space to pay for Dampier. We can afford Crawford too if we could make some pretty even exchange salary wise. Anderson for example is a big waste of money and I would throw his ass in the mix. Now that Penny is in this trade talk its an even better possibility cause penny's contract is hughe too. Should be no problem paying Crawford. The real problem is having enough to pay for those bad contracts that Chicago is throwing at us, thats why Thomas was saying Moochie HAD to be in the deal.

One important thing to remember. From researching the current Knicks roster/contracts, Penny and Tim Thomas are both free agents at the end of next season. If we survive this season with both still here in Ny, next year we have MAJOR trade potential as they are both maxxed out contracts. Teams are drooling this year for Mutombo, Harrington, Trybanski and F. Williams as they are going into there last years, and all there contracts are small(5Million and less). Pennys contract will offer a team 15million in cap space alone and Tim thomas will offer 13.5 million in cap space. That is huge and that kind of cap savings will land us a superstars if the cards fall the right way. That is the Knicks only hand in the way they choose not to rebuild. Those are are greatest trade assets. Our humongeous contracts going into their final year.

David

kevin

Benchwarmer
Well aparantly Chicago wants Anderson there telling Isiah to get rid of Moochie in the deal and they seem to like anerson in the deal to Chicago.

JJtheKnick

Starter
Well aparantly Chicago wants Anderson there telling Isiah to get rid of Moochie in the deal and they seem to like anerson in the deal to Chicago.

i haven't heard of that. but if its true isiah should do it in a heart beat. we trade anderson and we get crawford. its killing to brids with one stone.