Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Why are we trading for Melo when we could be trading for...

  1. #1
    Member DieHardPassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Why are we trading for Melo when we could be trading for...

    MARC GASOL - He'll make our team COMPLETE. Just think about it, we'll have a great bench and starting five. I seriously think we're championship material with Gasol. He tough and plays great defense at 7'1. He's going to be as good as Pau Gasol.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    He's a restricted free agent this off-season.

  3. #3
    Member serendipity10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Knicks have nothing to offer to replace Marc Gasol and the Grizzlies want to extend his contract. Marc Gasol would be a huge help but not possible. I tried to come up with a reasonable trade but couldn't.

  4. #4
    Member DieHardPassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by serendipity10
    Knicks have nothing to offer to replace Marc Gasol and the Grizzlies want to extend his contract. Marc Gasol would be a huge help but not possible. I tried to come up with a reasonable trade but couldn't.
    It's most likely going to be a 3 way trade. Memphis will be looking for a center back and Knicks will probably have to give up a pick and either chandler or gallo. I'm not willing to give up gallo cause he just fits this system. So a 3 way trade, knicks wil give up 2nd round picks chandler, walker, mozgov or turiaf for gasol

    Which is worth it

  5. #5
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    because melo is better than marc gasol. when you pick position over talent you end up with kwame brown and darko milcic

  6. #6
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    because melo is better than marc gasol. when you pick position over talent you end up with kwame brown and darko milcic
    well put!

    I agree Marc Gasol would help, but not worth an all out effort to obtain!

    Escpecially when you consider that Mozgov can be just as good as he adjusts to the game.

    Gasol will be a player we consider this summer, but I dont think we are going to jump off a building if we dont get him.

  7. #7
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    we are not gettin gasol

    i want him too, but a more realistic goal would be thabeet. a project yes...but i see him as the next mutumbo

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,955
    Rep Power
    18

    Unhappy

    Originally Posted by DieHardPassion
    It's most likely going to be a 3 way trade. Memphis will be looking for a center back and Knicks will probably have to give up a pick and either chandler or gallo. I'm not willing to give up gallo cause he just fits this system. So a 3 way trade, knicks wil give up 2nd round picks chandler, walker, mozgov or turiaf for gasol

    Which is worth it

    u started this "THREAD" with the number #1 player the Knicks should be
    in pursuit for right now. Then u go and mess-up the thread by offering
    one of the Knicks winning "SF-TRIO" lineup. WTF!
    Dont let the Felton / Amare 30+ points winning streak blind u on the
    outstanding performance we got in each of our wins this season from
    a "SF-TRIO" lineup of Fields/Gallo/Chandler gellin chemistry on both sides
    of the court, I expect the 3-players to improve their gellin more by midseason.
    All 3 (SF) players should be "KEEPERS" for the next 3 to 4 seasons.

    The Knicks dont need any more SF on the roster, not even a high scoring
    Carmelo Anthony. The Knicks SF-position has been covered above-average
    by multi-tactical offense/defense players.
    The Knicks could really use another headcoach who have experience
    coaching (and developing) bigmen.

    Our Euro-League coaching style is cute but not fit for NBA B.Ball.
    Azu final year contract was useless in the offseason trade b/c Azu wont
    be 95% healthy untill the 2011-12 season. We signed Mason Jr. and
    picked up Walkers option for the SG position. Which Fields & Douglas
    has been providing their services to the 48 min SG position.
    The trade for PF-Anthony Randolph has turned into a useless waste by
    refusing to develope Randolph's defensive rebounding & shotblocking skills
    with his teammates or in a 2nd unit. AR steady DNP has the Knicks using
    SF-Chandler / SF-Gallo / and PF-Turiaf to provide their services at the
    48 minute PF position.
    Amare is still playing the small center in Dantoni's rotation for 38 mpg,
    with Mozgov & Turiaf dividing the 10 minutes service at the center position.

    SG-Jermain Taylor scoring for Mason or Walker
    PF-Frye or Camby for Anthony Randolph or Mozgov
    C-Gasol for ??? Memphis GM will lose his job if he let Gasol go to the next team.
    Damn! Gasol would be the perfect player to add to this Knick team


  9. #9
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by DieHardPassion
    It's most likely going to be a 3 way trade. Memphis will be looking for a center back and Knicks will probably have to give up a pick and either chandler or gallo. I'm not willing to give up gallo cause he just fits this system. So a 3 way trade, knicks wil give up 2nd round picks chandler, walker, mozgov or turiaf for gasol

    Which is worth it
    bro switching Gallo and Marc Gasol would bring heaven on earth to this team. Amare can't play Center for more than ten minutes a night, i refuse to believe this guy can hold his own at center when he is a true PF

    Amare can block shots but to avoid foul trouble he needs to face PF's on defense or else we get killed in the post.

    Turiaf needs to play more, Chandler/Gallo needs to play less.

    Gasol is a tough big dude that would make Mozgov so much better by just learning from him

    Felton
    Fields
    Chandler
    Amare
    Gasol

    oh yea...better than our team now with Gallo...you know it

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    We can't rely on Mozgov. Not if you want to be a winner now,and expect the team to be a winner now.

    M.Gasol is the guy I've been nut hugging for us to get all season.

    But it won't be by trade. Griz want him. He is their future C. This is why they've cleared some extra cap to overpay if need be.

    This is also why it will be extremely tough to get him and Melo. Look at Haywood's recent contract...and the Griz want to keep Gasol by re-signing.

    STAT is a proven all-star C, so it's not like he can't fulfill a 5 spot. We just need to bring in some legit size and more traditonal big man complimentary players.

    If we don't get Melo we do what it takes to get Gasol, and Big Baby who can be had from Boston.

    We also trade for Mayo. Which we should have already done, ideally. He had a monster game yesterday or day before after getting put back into the starting lineup.

    Ideally, we trade for Melo, trade for Mayo, and get Big Baby or a complimentary big man we can bring into the game situationally who won't command starter dollars.

  11. #11
    Member serendipity10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This was the best trade I came up with. The problem is even though we give them Fields it is still uneven because of Gasol's value. If Mozgov somehow steps up and plays well, trading him instead of Turiaf this might work. Won't happen.

    Like I said before the Grizzlies want to keep Gasol and Gasol looks like he wants to stay.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Gasol? thats a negative. We'll get Joel Przybilla (Portland) before that happens...

  13. #13
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    What about Emeka Okafur? Trade Azubuike, Mozgov and Mason + cash. These are all expiring contracts and allows a desperate N.O. franchise to dump a lot of salary. They have been losing a lot recently and with the NBA stepping in to help financially, this deal has a good chance.


    Then trade Curry's expiring contract + Anthony Randolph for either Andre Igudoula or Kevin Martin. AI is nice for defense and is a legit player/almost all-star but poor 3-point shooting. KMart can score with the best of them and is a good 3-point shooter (can be injury prone though). Okafur gives us the rebounding/shot-blocking center we need and would be the perfect compliment to Amare.

    PG-Felton
    SG-Igudoula (or KMart)
    SF-Gallo
    PF-Amare
    C-Okafur

    w/ Douglas, Fields, Chandler and Turiaf off the bench.


    That team is very solid. With Iggy, that is a great defensive team. KMart probably fits better with the system and provides another scoring option that will open up the pick-and-roll for Amare and Felton. It also allows Chandler to be a scoring punch off the bench, which he was great at for the start of the season.

    This team would be better than a team gutted for Melo. Still though, signing Melo this summer makes us legit contenders.

    *sighs* I wish Melo would either say he won't accept a trade and will wait until the summer or sign with NJ so we can move on and continue building this team. I tired of being in limbo.

  14. #14
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    What about Emeka Okafur? Trade Azubuike, Mozgov and Mason + cash. These are all expiring contracts and allows a desperate N.O. franchise to dump a lot of salary. They have been losing a lot recently and with the NBA stepping in to help financially, this deal has a good chance.


    Then trade Curry's expiring contract + Anthony Randolph for either Andre Igudoula or Kevin Martin. AI is nice for defense and is a legit player/almost all-star but poor 3-point shooting. KMart can score with the best of them and is a good 3-point shooter (can be injury prone though). Okafur gives us the rebounding/shot-blocking center we need and would be the perfect compliment to Amare.

    PG-Felton
    SG-Igudoula (or KMart)
    SF-Gallo
    PF-Amare
    C-Okafur

    w/ Douglas, Fields, Chandler and Turiaf off the bench.


    That team is very solid. With Iggy, that is a great defensive team. KMart probably fits better with the system and provides another scoring option that will open up the pick-and-roll for Amare and Felton. It also allows Chandler to be a scoring punch off the bench, which he was great at for the start of the season.

    This team would be better than a team gutted for Melo. Still though, signing Melo this summer makes us legit contenders.

    *sighs* I wish Melo would either say he won't accept a trade and will wait until the summer or sign with NJ so we can move on and continue building this team. I tired of being in limbo.
    like it but i dont see Kmart or Emeka being traded. 1.NOH are vying for the playoffs which is attractive to the fanbase which is what they need right now to attract potential buyers.Nobody wants something thats not going to sell. 2.Houston knows w/o Kmart they have no no.1 option and they are still competitive for the playoffs so i dont see that happening. Iggy is the only realistic one I can see and his 3 point shooting would kill us against a Boston or Miami in the playoffs because of this system we run,they will just sag on him like teams do Rondo and if he doesn't hit em Amare will continue getting doubled and tripled

  15. #15
    Member DieHardPassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Default knicks dont want okafor

    his contract is crazy and hes not that good

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: Dec 14, 2010, 10:19
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 25, 2010, 13:40
  3. Replies: 33
    Last Post: Oct 14, 2009, 19:34
  4. How to keep Lee without trading Curry
    By DanL in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2009, 10:41
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Feb 13, 2008, 08:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •