If we don't GET MELO..2011 Salary's 42 Mil.. Free agent options??

moneyg

Starter
Ok.. Now I know most of you would luv to get Melo as a free agent in 2011...without giving up any pieces this season...which probably wont happen

So let's say we dont get Melo.. I mean that how Walsh has to be thinking too..

What would YOU do???

our salary will be about 42 mil for Free Agency '11. and let assume the the Cap is about 58 mil again.

who is available????

#1 option is Melo as a free agent and will cost us all of our cap space and we lose Wilson Chandler, but keep galo and fileds...probably wont happen

#2 option is keep Chandler... pick up a Big and backup PG and you still got your cast including Turiaf..(PO which he will exercise).

who's out there...

BIGS
Marc Gasol - RFA - Memphis can match.... we probaly have to pay him about 12 mil per..leaving us with 4 mil to fill in other gaps..

Tyson Chandler... Cuban will over pay to keep, especially if they do damage in playoffs

David West (PO)..i think for the right price can be a perfect frontcourt mate with Amare... Maybe 8-9 mil per

Nene (PO) would fit well with amare.. 8-9 mil per

Kendrik Perk..or Big Baby.. both would fit well ..if KP comes back healthy .. he is a tough defensive presense.. him with Amare.. Big Baby on the cheap..maybe 6-7 mil per

Dalembert... cheaper option can play defense

TRADES may have to happen

SMALLS

its kinda thin here

Barbosa PO.. If he opts out.. maybe a cheap long term contract will get him...28 over 5 will work...can play in O'antoni's system and can spell Felton better

Arroyo...he will probaly stay in MIA

Grant Hill is not a Guard but can play Point Foward... doubt it though...

Realistically Speaking...

I think our best option would be that we get

David West or Nene 8 mi
Resign Chandler at 5mil per he might go for it...
Find a back up PG on the cheap...or darft a pure PG in ther draft.

if we get an expensive big.. we wont have enpugh to fill other areas..
2011 lineup

Felton
Fields
Gallo
West or NeNe
Amare

Chandler, Turiaf, T doug, Randolph, and our backup PG off the bench...

la2ny

Starter
I can see Nene as a option idk about D.west especially since he and Amar'e pretty much play the same position and both score from pretty much the same spot. The 15-17 foot mid range jumper.

Anyone consider Greg Oden for like the cheapest he can be had or with a non gauranteed contract just to try it out as an backup option. Just a thought.

As far as guards its slim pickens. Barbosa would be a good pick up for D'ant,but I guess that depends if he's still the coach. Hmmmm idk.

I see the most likely thing happening would be a trade for like an Igoudala.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I want no piece of Andre Iguodala after what I saw from him last night against the Nuggets.

He shot 3-12, scored only 9 points, and though he went to the line and took 10 free throws, he only made 3 of them.

I think he costs too much given his inconsistency. Again, I still don't see why we don't use our FA money to sign a cheap big, re-sign Wilson Chandler, and trade for OJ Mayo to give us a starting lineup of:

Felton
Mayo
Gallo
Amar'e
Perkins

Bench:

G - Toney D
G/F - Wilson Chandler
F - Shawne Williams
F - Anthony Randolph
C - Timofey Mozgov

That's a solid 10 man rotation. We also have Turiaf since he's probably going to pick up the player option on his contract.

Iggy is a good defender but...I dunno how much we'd be able to handle a shooting guard who hits 66% of his free throws

moneyg

Starter
I want no piece of Andre Iguodala after what I saw from him last night against the Nuggets.

He shot 3-12, scored only 9 points, and though he went to the line and took 10 free throws, he only made 3 of them.

I think he costs too much given his inconsistency. Again, I still don't see why we don't use our FA money to sign a cheap big, re-sign Wilson Chandler, and trade for OJ Mayo to give us a starting lineup of:

Felton
Mayo
Gallo
Amar'e
Perkins

Bench:

G - Toney D
G/F - Wilson Chandler
F - Shawne Williams
F - Anthony Randolph
C - Timofey Mozgov

That's a solid 10 man rotation. We also have Turiaf since he's probably going to pick up the player option on his contract.

Iggy is a good defender but...I dunno how much we'd be able to handle a shooting guard who hits 66% of his free throws

no to IGGY... rather have chandler on the cheap

do know who we can trade for mayo..azzy and walker wont do it

moneyg

Starter
lets try n get back chris duhon, try n get Al jefferson, draft a SG n w're good to go....

no to duhon... al jeff...hmm idk.. we cant look to rookies to play SG like fields..

oh yeah... this is a thread about FA signings only

NO TRADES

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru

Felton
Mayo
Gallo
Amar'e
Perkins

Bench:

G - Toney D
G/F - Wilson Chandler
F - Shawne Williams
F - Anthony Randolph
C - Timofey Mozgov

He had a bad game but he held Pierce to 11 points in the game against Boston and was carrying Philly for the past 5 games or so... He is know for his D, quickness and strength for his size. On this team he wouldn't be burdened with carrying the team offensively but he can nail the occasional 3 and he can take it to the rim! He would be a welcomed upgrade to this roster!!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Let The Hate Begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a player NY has to give strong consideration to....Jamal Crawford!

Yup I said it.

Now JC is not the first SG I think we should pursue, I for sure think we should try to nab Jason Rich. or Mo. Williams first....but when considering our need for a SG and that he will probably only run us about 8 million leaving 10 million to spend (I actually think the cap will come in around 60 million) we should consider it.

Now, did I hate Jamal Crawford at times when he played for The Knicks....yup!

But consider how he is used by Mike D would be much much different than Isiah and Lenny wilkens and even Larry Brown used him.

I see Mike using him as more of a decoy type player to help spread the floor for Amare. Not to mention, like him or not, he is one of the best with the game on the line! And again like him or not he is one of the hardest players to stop one on one which comes in handy when Amare is out of the game

NOT BLAMING MARBUARY (just thought I would make that clear) but when Jamal played for NY he and Steph's games did not compliment each other, I think he would look great playing along side of Felton.

Felton
Crawford
Wilson
Amare
Tyson Chandler

very tough squad, Feltons scoring dips while he notches double digit assist!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He had a bad game but he held Pierce to 11 points in the game against Boston and was carrying Philly for the past 5 games or so... He is know for his D, quickness and strength for his size. On this team he wouldn't be burdened with carrying the team offensively but he can nail the occasional 3 and he can take it to the rim! He would be a welcomed upgrade to this roster!!

I suppose he's not a TERRIBLE shooter but...that free throw shooting really is terrible. Plus his contract is huge. I don't see what makes him that much better than, say, Wilson Chandler...or hell, this one's a stretch, but even Landry Fields...

moneyg

Starter
Let The Hate Begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a player NY has to give strong consideration to....Jamal Crawford!

Yup I said it.

Now JC is not the first SG I think we should pursue, I for sure think we should try to nab Jason Rich. or Mo. Williams first....but when considering our need for a SG and that he will probably only run us about 8 million leaving 10 million to spend (I actually think the cap will come in around 60 million) we should consider it.

Now, did I hate Jamal Crawford at times when he played for The Knicks....yup!

But consider how he is used by Mike D would be much much different than Isiah and Lenny wilkens and even Larry Brown used him.

I see Mike using him as more of a decoy type player to help spread the floor for Amare. Not to mention, like him or not, he is one of the best with the game on the line! And again like him or not he is one of the hardest players to stop one on one which comes in handy when Amare is out of the game

NOT BLAMING MARBUARY (just thought I would make that clear) but when Jamal played for NY he and Steph's games did not compliment each other, I think he would look great playing along side of Felton.

Felton
Crawford
Wilson
Amare
Tyson Chandler

very tough squad, Feltons scoring dips while he notches double digit assist!

I mentioned JC in other threads but i think we should more so target a guard that can distributed and give felton a break.. even if we get a cheap backup PG that can eat minutes .. i like T doug.. but he is more of a scorer...

quike frankly.. fields at the 2 for 700k in 2011 sounds pretty nice...

thats why i mentioned arroy, barbosa and hill.. guys that can fit better.. JC is too expensive and too one dimensional...
im not sayin JC wont be a good fit.. just not for the money .. when we got fields

id rather spend money on defense..preferably a big..

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
^ I'd like Crawford back.

For back-up PG I want Jason Williams. Good pass first PG who can shoot. He'd be good lobbing to Chandler if we got him, don't know if we should get Chandler though. Would be good depending on the contract.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Again I know Iggy is an amazing defender and a comparable offensive player to Chandler.

But his huge contract outweighs it, I think. It has four more years and goes from 12 mil and +1 increments each year. I think OJ Mayo can be had, he'd probably cost around the same for us to get in a trade but his contract is much smaller

moneyg

Starter
this is not a trade thread

Again I know Iggy is an amazing defender and a comparable offensive player to Chandler.

But his huge contract outweighs it, I think. It has four more years and goes from 12 mil and +1 increments each year. I think OJ Mayo can be had, he'd probably cost around the same for us to get in a trade but his contract is much smaller
agreed

i just dont want this turn into another trade thread. i know its hard for you guys to think only FAgency...Fell free to include players we can target in this years draft.. but please no trade options.. besides.... some of these guys contracts are horendous

be creative

If we can keep Mello and Chandler I'm good with that. I'm sure the Brass can work it out. No forum poster knows what these team owners are capable of doing when the time comes to get down to Biz. Besides, we have a lot of trade bait/dead weight on the roster that can be manipulated in a way to keep Chandler and Mello (without gutting the team). All successful people in the world knows there is always a way if there is a Will...haha

Nothing is impossible...

legend33

Rookie
What would YOU do???

our salary will be about 42 mil for Free Agency '11. and let assume the the Cap is about 58 mil again.

who is available????

#1 option is Melo as a free agent and will cost us all of our cap space and we lose Wilson Chandler, but keep galo and fileds...probably wont happen

why not buddy boi? That's EXACTLY what we did with David Lee man. We upgraded at the position. Of course having Melo doesn't mean shit b/c our defense is SO bad, but still...

#2 option is keep Chandler... pick up a Big and backup PG and you still got your cast including Turiaf..(PO which he will exercise).

Chandler is quietly becoming the 3rd best player on this team. Volume scorers don't do particularly well on fast break teams, not enough shots for them to warrant the risk...But Melo's still good and all that...

Marc Gasol
Tyson Chandler... Cuban will over pay to keep, especially if they do damage in playoffs
David West (PO)..i think for the right price can be a perfect frontcourt mate with Amare... Maybe 8-9 mil per
Nene (PO) would fit well with amare.. 8-9 mil per
Kendrik Perk..or Big Baby.. both would fit well ..if KP comes back healthy .. he is a tough defensive presense.. him with Amare.. Big Baby on the cheap..maybe 6-7 mil per
Dalembert... cheaper option can play defense

West would be a TERRIBLE match with Amre buddy, what the hell are you smizoking, lols?

He's a bad defender, a poor rebounder...

Kendrick and Big Baby are going nowhere man, neither is Tyson as you said, but what we need is a REAL defensive presence on the court dude, I'm talking All NBa defense...Marc Gasol is interesting but kind of slow, the only reason I'd like him is b/c of his passing and rebounding, his defense ain't that great buddy boi...

TRADES may have to happen

SMALLS

its kinda thin here

Barbosa PO.. If he opts out.. maybe a cheap long term contract will get him...28 over 5 will work...can play in O'antoni's system and can spell Felton better

Arroyo...he will probaly stay in MIA

Grant Hill is not a Guard but can play Point Foward... doubt it though...

All TERRIBLE options again man, wth you talking about with Arroyo though? lols...Hill is old, and Barbosa might be the worst defensive small in the league dude, not to mention he's overpaid...

Realistically Speaking...

I think our best option would be that we get

David West or Nene 8 mi
Resign Chandler at 5mil per he might go for it...
Find a back up PG on the cheap...or darft a pure PG in ther draft.

BWAHAHA lols. Chandler..........at 5? Who in the hell are you to say he'd except less than the friggin MLE dudes?

Listen.......Chandlers probably gonna get slightly more than the MLE and for max years too...I'd resign him to about a 6 year deal at 7 mil a year man...

if we get an expensive big.. we wont have enpugh to fill other areas..
2011 lineup

Felton
Fields
Gallo
West or NeNe
Amare

Chandler, Turiaf, T doug, Randolph, and our backup PG off the bench...

Get off the drugs dude. West IS Amare, just nowhere near as good....lols

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
why not buddy boi? That's EXACTLY what we did with David Lee man. We upgraded at the position. Of course having Melo doesn't mean shit b/c our defense is SO bad, but still...

Chandler is quietly becoming the 3rd best player on this team. Volume scorers don't do particularly well on fast break teams, not enough shots for them to warrant the risk...But Melo's still good and all that...

West would be a TERRIBLE match with Amre buddy, what the hell are you smizoking, lols?

He's a bad defender, a poor rebounder...

Kendrick and Big Baby are going nowhere man, neither is Tyson as you said, but what we need is a REAL defensive presence on the court dude, I'm talking All NBa defense...Marc Gasol is interesting but kind of slow, the only reason I'd like him is b/c of his passing and rebounding, his defense ain't that great buddy boi...

All TERRIBLE options again man, wth you talking about with Arroyo though? lols...Hill is old, and Barbosa might be the worst defensive small in the league dude, not to mention he's overpaid...

BWAHAHA lols. Chandler..........at 5? Who in the hell are you to say he'd except less than the friggin MLE dudes?

Listen.......Chandlers probably gonna get slightly more than the MLE and for max years too...I'd resign him to about a 6 year deal at 7 mil a year man...

Get off the drugs dude. West IS Amare, just nowhere near as good....lols

you're a couple of curse words away from getting banned again :lol: