Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Thread: N.Y. KNICKS vs. MIAMI CLIT 12-28-10 @ 7:30 PM

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    The thing is, we have opportunities to make changes to have a much better team, now. The coach is not even using much of his bench. He should package Gallo with the dead weight on the bench and get us Mello. If we had Mello insted of Gallo in this game we would have won this. Gallos contributions are lacking badly. I can give 2 ****s what his fans feel. Team first.
    I so agee. I don't think we'll be title contender yet, But I definitely think by next season with mello and another piece or 2, We will be a Very Good team. Who can contend. But people get mad at me Because I would like to see this team be like boston,miami,lakers... within next year or 2. Why not ? why do we have to see Every other Team Improved ridiculously by getting 2 or 3 Superstars and we keep getting our butts kicked we fight back when we know it's to late. We are lets face it, An awful rebounding team. and that is going to hurt us if we don't make changes this off-season or before.
    Last edited by GeseStark; Dec 29, 2010 at 17:16.

Veteran

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    ??????
    We are great shot blockers but that is it! We get out rebounded by most of the teams we play and we do not defend out positions! What has saved us is our 3 point shooting, we can out score the lesser teams!
    By "played the best D in the NBA" he means we played against the best defense in the NBA...

Veteran

Why do we need more scoring; we are the #1 rated offense in the NBA! We need more defense from players that can play in a running motion offense.

Mello will bring some Defense, especially here. Its all in the chemistry and his maturity. I can see him rotating the SF/SG/PF position and/or taking turns so Stat can catch his breath. His addition will keep the tempo up beat, anyone with energy and skillz can play a big part in this system. I'm sure the defensive schemes will pick up too....natural talent, team gelling, (and the Garden fans energy) can produce a thing of beauty.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Mello will bring some Defense, especially here. Its all in the chemistry and his maturity. I can see him rotating the SF/SG/PF position and/or taking turns so Stat can catch his breath. His addition will keep the tempo up beat, anyone with energy and skillz can play a big part in this system. I'm sure the defensive schemes will pick up too....natural talent, team gelling, (and the Garden fans energy) can produce a thing of beauty.
    I'm not comfortable with saying that a change of scenery or the "fans" will help to produce something that is not really there... I think that is a stretch. If we are going to go down that road I would rather work out a deal for Michael Beasley, at least he costs 1/4 of the price of Melo; practically the same player.
    Listen, would I be upset if NY got Melo? No, there are many things he will add to this team but depending on what we needed to trade for him; we might be taking a step or two backwards until we replenish our roster and re-establish our game.
    Last edited by hometheaterguy; Dec 30, 2010 at 04:00.

Veteran

I'm not comfortable with saying that a change of scenery or the "fans" will help to produce something that is not really there... I think that is a stretch. If we are going to go down that road I would rather work out a deal for Michael Beasley, at least he costs 1/4 of the price of Melo; practically the same player.
    Listen, would I be upset if NY got Melo? No, there are many things he will add to this team but depending on what we needed to trade for him; we might be taking a step or two backwards until we replenish our roster and re-establish our game.
    I don't think we will give up much to get him. Cleveland has no real power in this deal, we can give them next to nothing or wait to FA and they get nothing. I'm not worried about gutting this team to get him because we are in a very rare and strong position...especially knowing Mello wants to come here. He'll work it out and campaign to have certain players stay on the team so we stay competitors. We got this, I just hope the brass knows how to play poker. Walsh is waiting to the dead line and keeping his cards close...

Why do we need more scoring; we are the #1 rated offense in the NBA! We need more defense from players that can play in a running motion offense.
    What are you not understanding???? That #1 rated offense only applies when Amare is on the floor. When Amare is on the bench for rest or in foul trouble what happens to our offense at that point? (I'll wait). WE NEED ANOTHER GO-TO PLAYER BECAUSE THE SMART TEAMS KNOW ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS TAKE AMARE OUT THE GAME.

We lose when amare is innefective or heavily guarded BUT we can still win games with Melo taking over in those cases.

Do you watch the games? Because this is very obvious.

No one on the team right now can generate the offense Amare gives us consistently. Melo can.

Amare and more role players WILL NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE.