N.Y. KNICKS vs. MIAMI CLIT 12-28-10 @ 7:30 PM

Lebron is bringing the Heat (4real). He is on fire and the fuel to his madness is all the negativity being thrown at him. He is playing his best Ball so far.

This is going to be another tough game, and if we get blown out again...I expect to see drastic changes in the not so distance future. The Knicks need another elite player or a couple of better upgrades at the SF and/or SG to be called a competitor. We are playing some good ball, but not championship ball. I want a team that can compete on the highest level...anything less is unacceptable.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
5 star game thread, and you picked one of my favorite songs ever. I gotta say Nas does a nice job of singin on that hook...i kinda wish he sang more, the only other song i can think of where he was singin on was the beginning of life is like a dice game

He also sorta sang on the hook from that song off I Am that went "I wanna talk to the mayor to the governer, to the mothafukkin president" and the song "Big Girl off of Nastradamus, probably some other songs too but i cant think of them right now.

Anyways, about this game....I dont really like the way we match up with Miami, its not really a problem this year. All I wanna see is the knicks in the playoffs and if they lose in the 1st round i wanna see them go out playin hard, 7 games preferably. I like the way the knicks are put together in a more balanced way...not saying we're better though. I just think its the way they match up...its like boxing and how they say styles make fights. Its the same way with basketball. A good example was the Cavs, Celtics, and Magic before this year. The Celtics always beat the Magic (at least when Garnett was healthy), but the Cavs gave them a tough time. When the Cavs played the Magic they almost got swept.

Thanks .. and yea Nas could of sang more back then but singing on tracks was seen as a bitch move .. that's why not too many emcees sang on tracks .. still, he did a good job on "gimme yours" and "life is like a dice game."

and about the game, yea it would be great to just see the Knicks give it their all. That's all we can ask for as fans. Because this team is no where near elite status. We're basically still in rebuilding mode. So of course a game with three (2 1/2) superstars is gonna be a big test for us. I just hope we show effort for all 4 quarters and not 2 like the first game against the heat.

Great game thread bro.

Lets **** up Lebrick

thanks .. and yea LeBald is gonna get cock-slapped all game long on defense

Hoping for Knicks 99-93......Go Knicks

Yes, I hope so too ..

Biggest game of the season IMO.

Winning this can put us on with the elite...top three team in the East behind Boston and Miami. I don't believe in Magic.

Yes, thats true .. it's really all we can ask for with this team. We're pretty much overachieving this year.

Not sure about the biggest game of the season (hopefully we'll have bigger games at seasons end when were fighting for higher playoff seeds and all)

But I agree %100 that a win against the Heat would throw our names in the hat with all the "Elite" teams in the East.

I really hope we do get this victory. We gotta show all the haters what we're really made of.

Just an FYI, when someone says biggest game of the season...they mean SO FAR.

LOL yea I was thinking the same thing .. but hey you never know, he might be talking about the whole season ..

this is the real test right here

I think the first game was the real test for us. This game is more of a game where we gotta show what we're really made of, and that we aren't the same team that lost by a lot to them last week.

Lebron is bringing the Heat (4real). He is on fire and the fuel to his madness is all the negativity being thrown at him. He is playing his best Ball so far.

This is going to be another tough game, and if we get blown out again...I expect to see drastic changes in the not so distance future. The Knicks need another elite player or a couple of better upgrades at the SF and/or SG to be called a competitor. We are playing some good ball, but not championship ball. I want a team that can compete on the highest level...anything less is unacceptable.

You're right about Lebron .. he's coming off a game against the Lakers where he finished the game with a triple-double .. WOW .. It's gonna be hard to keep him from getting his numbers .. I just hope we keep the rest of the team in check. That's all we can ask so that we can win this game.

as for the second part, I don't think we can expect "championship ball" from the Knicks just yet. In my eyes, we are still rebuilding. I would say by the end of next season we will probably be at elite status, because by then this team will have enough experience playing together, as well as new players with better ability.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
KNICKS - HEAT preview from NBA.COM:

LeBron James doesn't think the Miami Heat are out to make statements. The New York Knicks would like to make one of their own after failing to do so against the Heat less than two weeks ago.

Looking to build on his first triple-double since he last faced the Knicks, James will try to help the surging Heat beat New York for the seventh consecutive time Tuesday night.

Miami (23-9) has won 14 of 15 since a 9-8 start to the season. The Heat beat the Los Angeles Lakers 96-80 on Saturday, holding the two-time reigning NBA champion to 40.5-percent shooting.

Miami is limiting opponents to an average of 86.7 points over the last 15 games.

"We're not trying to make a statement to anyone," said James, who had 27 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists. "We're trying to show each other that we can play at a high level and try to get better every game.

"We never had that arrogant part where we thought we were bigger than everybody else, but we were just very confident before we did anything. To have that humbling experience at the beginning of the season has helped us."
The triple-double was James' third of the season and second in five games. The two-time reigning league MVP had 32 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in a 113-91 victory over New York (18-12) at Madison Square Garden on Dec. 17 - his first meeting with the Knicks since spurning them to join the Heat as a free agent in the offseason.

James is averaging 34.5 points, 7.7 assists and 7.5 rebounds in 11 games versus the Knicks since the start of the 2007-08 season.

The Heat have also dominated New York, winning six in a row by an average of 14.1 points. Dwyane Wade has been a big reason for that, averaging 35.8 points in those meetings while hitting 12 of 25 3-pointers. Wade had 26 points at New York earlier this month.

The Knicks have turned in a pair of impressive defensive performances since a three-game skid. Three nights after a 112-98 victory over Oklahoma City, they beat Central Division-leading Chicago 103-95 on Saturday. The Bulls and Thunder shot a combined 41.5 percent versus New York - 22.6 from 3-point range.

"We did a beautiful job defensively," the Knicks' Amar'e Stoudemire said. "We've been talking about defense now for the past - actually the whole year - but more so the past week about communicating, helping the helper, so it's really showing."

Stoudemire had 24 points and 14 rebounds in the last matchup with the Heat.
Knicks point guard Raymond Felton had 20 points and 12 assists Saturday. He'll seek to improve upon his performance against Miami from Dec. 17, when he made 3 of 12 shots and finished with eight points and 10 assists.

Felton has shot 29.5 percent from the floor, including 1 for 10 from beyond the arc, in his last four visits to Miami - all while playing for Charlotte.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
5 star game thread, and you picked one of my favorite songs ever. I gotta say Nas does a nice job of singin on that hook...i kinda wish he sang more, the only other song i can think of where he was singin on was the beginning of life is like a dice game

He also sorta sang on the hook from that song off I Am that went "I wanna talk to the mayor to the governer, to the mothafukkin president" and the song "Big Girl off of Nastradamus, probably some other songs too but i cant think of them right now.

Anyways, about this game....I dont really like the way we match up with Miami, its not really a problem this year. All I wanna see is the knicks in the playoffs and if they lose in the 1st round i wanna see them go out playin hard, 7 games preferably. I like the way the knicks are put together in a more balanced way...not saying we're better though. I just think its the way they match up...its like boxing and how they say styles make fights. Its the same way with basketball. A good example was the Cavs, Celtics, and Magic before this year. The Celtics always beat the Magic (at least when Garnett was healthy), but the Cavs gave them a tough time. When the Cavs played the Magic they almost got swept.

i get my cuts from nas barber that shit stays playing every other week i go lol, message me if ya want an appointment with the man... $20 tho =/

welcometonycity

Rotation player
nice thread KingPoet.... happy bday elcol.... lets stay strong second half tonight and pull out the W PLZZZzzz... metro right biggesttt gamee so farrr testingg point!!!!!!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I'm sorta hopeful, but I think we're gonna get another beat down. Miami is just too good. I will pray..

Knicksdabest

Benchwarmer
I hope the knicks come out with the win tonight.I expect it to be close up to the ending point(hopefully not a blowout :crossfingers:) Go knicks!

la2ny

Starter
not only do i have 2 hear them slob on the Heats knob the whole game,
Big Z looks like an all star smh

knicksin60

Starter
Looks like this might be a give away game for the Knicks.These match ups are really unfair on the team that doesn't have the privilege of carrying 3 superstars.

knicksin60

Starter
The question is, why do the Knicks have to play these teams when they are almost guaranteed losses? Why does any team, who doesn't have the same amount of talent as another team, have to meet up with them 3 or 4 times throughout the season?