"Donnie... send in the f*cking reinforcemnts! We're getting killed out here!" I'll assume that's the general concensus around here.
But there's an underlying issue about to resurface again. Here's the facts:
1. We need size & depth
2. MIA looks to be the next powerhouse for years to come
3. We have assets
4. We've begun the rebuilding and have vested interests
5. MDA has DNP'd virtually all true centers we've had
Here is the REAL issue (posted in another forum)...
Between Curry, Darko, AR, Mozgov, Barron to an extent, and more, coach MDA has proven to want/need some one perfect in order to play.
Add that to the fact that WE HAVE A 4 YEAR WINDOW TO COMPETE WITH ARGUABLY THE BEST PROJECTED TEAM (MIA) over that span and will NEED big men going forward if we expect to compete and...
1) knowing MDA's lack of big man support, how does Walsh gage what value or who to give up without MDA'S approval?
2) How can we expect to really compete?
3) I can easily see an empass which Walsh (or Houston) has to decide if MDA is worth keeping compared to building a real team... right now that seems mutually exclusive. MDA run & gun small lineup big scorers -vs- a more conventional coach and roster
That's the conundrum.
Any big is better than we have... but not if he's DNP before he gets here, or has a chance to prove himself. Before we get anyone, we have to settle the imminent issue of MDA and bigs.
I say this b/c before discussing Verijao, McGee, Camby or whoever, we (Walsh) has to have a clear understanding of what MdA wants!
How is Walsh to know who's worth giving up or acquiring if all MDA has done is DNP. Sh*t, in hindsight, maybe if Walsh knew wassup, he would of gotten Ellis for Lee instead of DNP AR.
We must finally find out MDA's big man outlook before making anymore moves.
The great MDA DEBATE is about to resurface. Now we know we can score with the best of them with quality (one way) players what's still debatable is does MDA need a PF masquerading as a C?