Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 10 Day Contract soon...

  1. #1
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    9

    Nyk Logo 10 Day Contract soon...

    As of January 5th teams can start handing out 10 day contracts.....

    so who's on your mind?

    I was thinking Earl Barron would be nice. Has size, a nice jumper (a Mike D must) decent rebounder who plays some D, we could just buy-out or drop Mason Jr. who has done and will continue to do nothing for our team. Earl Barron will fill at least one need for us.

    Also we should check on the availability of -

    Antonio Daniels (PG) in the D league, maybe a cheap fix?
    Sean Williams (PF/C) Can Run Rebound and Block shots?

  2. #2
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I dont think Donnie walsh is looking for 10 day contracts

    we are fighting to stay alive and will be all season long down to the last minute.

    10 day contracts are for lottery teams looking at players for the next year

    or elite level teams who need practice players to come in and give different looks during practice to prepare their rotation players for the playoffs.

    the middle of the pack teams dont really go for the 10 day contract players, they go for rest of the year, help us get into the playoffs and improve NOW players.

    sean williams
    early barron
    antonio daniels

    are not an upgrade, or an improvement of what we have now.

    and if they were, DW will offer them more than a 10 day contract.

  3. #3
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    I dont think Donnie walsh is looking for 10 day contracts

    we are fighting to stay alive and will be all season long down to the last minute.

    10 day contracts are for lottery teams looking at players for the next year

    or elite level teams who need practice players to come in and give different looks during practice to prepare their rotation players for the playoffs.

    the middle of the pack teams dont really go for the 10 day contract players, they go for rest of the year, help us get into the playoffs and improve NOW players.

    sean williams
    early barron
    antonio daniels

    are not an upgrade, or an improvement of what we have now.

    and if they were, DW will offer them more than a 10 day contract.


    The reason we might offer ten day contracts is they will not effect our cap and we "need" some player's (ie. a PG and C/PF) and could you please tell me who on our bench is a better fit in the front court than Earl Barron? Mozgov is to green for the NBA still, A.R. isn't ever going to see the court due to his low BB IQ, Ronnie Turiaf can't score (a D'Antoni must) , so who do we have better???

    Also who would be better than Antonio Willams at PG.... Tony can't create Douglas?, Andy don't bother to dress Routins or Roger can't do **** Mason Jr.?

    Please elaborate.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Would love Sean Williams. Instant blocking.

    Earl Barron could be good. Hopefully he'd bring what he did last season.

  5. #5
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    The reason we might offer ten day contracts is they will not effect our cap and we "need" some player's (ie. a PG and C/PF) and could you please tell me who on our bench is a better fit in the front court than Earl Barron? Mozgov is to green for the NBA still, A.R. isn't ever going to see the court due to his low BB IQ, Ronnie Turiaf can't score (a D'Antoni must) , so who do we have better???

    Also who would be better than Antonio Willams at PG.... Tony can't create Douglas?, Andy don't bother to dress Routins or Roger can't do **** Mason Jr.?

    Please elaborate.
    Because Earl Barron isnt on any team, is proof enough of his worthlessness.

    Last year over 3 games he played well

    but if you inserted mozgof or AR last year for those games on this terrible basketball team

    they would look pretty decent as well

    we are a winning team

    Earl Barron has no place here

    My point is , I dont see Mike Dantoni really giving any 10 day contract guys burn

    when he wont even give proven veterans i.e ROGER mason

    and phenom potentials i.e AR

    any minutes

    why waste a 10 day for a bench-a-lot player.

    Mike D is only goin to play guys who are proven winners, that we obtain in a trade he approves.

    I was not knocking barron, or knocking your thread

    just stating

    OUR COACH IS AS STUBBORN AS TRYING TO RIP APART A BRILLOW PAD WEARING MITTENS WHILE BLIND FOLDED.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    Because Earl Barron isnt on any team, is proof enough of his worthlessness.

    Last year over 3 games he played well

    but if you inserted mozgof or AR last year for those games on this terrible basketball team

    they would look pretty decent as well

    we are a winning team

    Earl Barron has no place here

    My point is , I dont see Mike Dantoni really giving any 10 day contract guys burn

    when he wont even give proven veterans i.e ROGER mason

    and phenom potentials i.e AR

    any minutes

    why waste a 10 day for a bench-a-lot player.

    Mike D is only goin to play guys who are proven winners, that we obtain in a trade he approves.

    I was not knocking barron, or knocking your thread

    just stating

    OUR COACH IS AS STUBBORN AS TRYING TO RIP APART A BRILLOW PAD WEARING MITTENS WHILE BLIND FOLDED.
    Well, yeah, he is stubborn.

    As far as Barron goes, having a player on a 10 day contract could mean he'll have that extra good play he had last season. It'd be good to give Amar'e even a little bit of rest.

  7. #7
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    Because Earl Barron isnt on any team, is proof enough of his worthlessness.

    Last year over 3 games he played well

    but if you inserted mozgof or AR last year for those games on this terrible basketball team

    they would look pretty decent as well

    we are a winning team

    Earl Barron has no place here

    My point is , I dont see Mike Dantoni really giving any 10 day contract guys burn

    when he wont even give proven veterans i.e ROGER mason

    and phenom potentials i.e AR

    any minutes

    why waste a 10 day for a bench-a-lot player.

    Mike D is only goin to play guys who are proven winners, that we obtain in a trade he approves.

    I was not knocking barron, or knocking your thread

    just stating

    OUR COACH IS AS STUBBORN AS TRYING TO RIP APART A BRILLOW PAD WEARING MITTENS WHILE BLIND FOLDED.


    Fair enough. I also believe our Coach is a jackass.

Similar Threads

  1. Burning Questions Knicks/Melo
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Aug 30, 2010, 13:38
  2. Nowitzki opting out of contract
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 23, 2010, 13:22
  3. What to do with Curry
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2010, 14:53
  4. Best uses for Cutino's contract?
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 30, 2009, 18:59
  5. Official 2008 MLB Off Season Thread
    By jpz17 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: Feb 04, 2009, 21:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •