orlando_magic_logo.gif

getbinaryfileex.aspx

19.gif

2439.jpg
1018.jpg
862.jpg
2745.jpg
2384.jpg

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="209"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
wol_error.gif
</td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table>
knicks.gif

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

18.gif

2753.jpg
4274.jpg
3428.jpg
3194.jpg
1727.jpg

AT Guard Raymond Felton #2
AT Guard Landry Fields #6
AT Forward Danilo Gallinari #8
AT Forward Wilson Chandler #21
AT PF/C Amare Stoudemire #1

Player Spotlight

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_2" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="371"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
wol_error.gif
</td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table>
9mdzz71293688166.jpg

Mike D'Antoni

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_3" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="124"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
wol_error.gif
81128_76ers_Knicks_Basketball.jpg

Pos: Head Coach
Born: May 9, 1951, Mullens, WV
Experience: 8 years
College: Marshall

Preview:

While the New York Knicks feel they are moving closer to the level of the elite teams in the NBA, the Orlando Magic appear to be returning to that class after remaking their roster.

These teams will meet for the first time this season as the Magic look to extend their win streak to five games Thursday night.

New York (18-13) began a two-game Florida road trip with a 106-98 loss at Miami on Tuesday. The Knicks got off to a terrible start, trailing by as many as 19 points in the first quarter, before recovering to pull within three points in the final minutes against a Heat team which has won 15 of 16.

"Tonight was a measuring stick game for us and we feel we played well despite the first quarter," said forward Amare Stoudemire, who had 30 points.

This game should serve as another test to measure New York's improvement after three double-digit losses to Orlando (20-12) last season.

The Magic shot 53.9 percent in those games to sweep the season series from the Knicks for the first time since 2001-02. Dwight Howard averaged 22.7 points and 13.0 rebounds, and Orlando made 38 3-pointers.

The Knicks, of course, did not have Stoudemire last season while the Magic have a new look after adding Gilbert Arenas, Hedo Turkoglu and Jason Richardson in a pair of trades made Dec. 18.

Orlando lost its first two games with those players as part of a 1-8 stretch. The Magic have won four straight since, using a big finish for a 110-95 victory at Cleveland on Tuesday.

Howard was limited to 12 points and six rebounds. The All-Star center did not play in the fourth quarter as a smaller lineup played well and never came off the court, producing 35 points in the final period.

"I told (general manager Otis Smith) on the way in, it took me 32 games, but we finally found our fourth-quarter lineup," coach Stan Van Gundy said. "It was a great fourth quarter."

Arenas had his best game with Orlando with 22 points and 11 assists while Richardson added 20 points.

"We are veterans and we all mesh well," Richardson said. "We all have great personalities and nobody has a bad attitude. We all have the same goal, and that is winning games right now."

The Magic will likely stay away from a smaller lineup and try to make sure Howard is on the floor Thursday. Stoudemire went 11-1 in his career against Orlando with Phoenix and has posted four straight double-doubles versus the Magic, averaging 23.3 points and 12.0 rebounds.

This game matches the teams that have attempted the most 3-pointers -- 776 for Orlando and 765 for New York. The Magic are 11-4 when they make at least 10 3s while the Knicks are 13-2 in such games.

New York is 0-2 against Boston and 0-2 against Miami as it looks for a breakthrough victory against an Eastern Conference powerhouse.

"We can learn from this and we can build on this," coach Mike D'Antoni said after the loss to Miami. "Again, it is December, not April, so we will see what happens."

knickball_ani.gif

Thanks to PSD for the thread and still a fan

I almost wish we played them before they added better pieces to their team, it gets no easier for the Bockers. Hopefully this upcoming schedule doesn't wear out our small rotation.

Howard and Stat will go to war, but I would probably start Moz at center so he can beat up Howard a bit. slap him up with a bit of krytonite and take him out the game before the Magic knows what hit them.

I almost wish we played them before they added better pieces to their team, it gets no easier for the Bockers. Hopefully this upcoming schedule doesn't wear out our small rotation.

Howard and Stat will go to war, but I would probably start Moz at center so he can beat up Howard a bit. slap him up with a bit of krytonite and take him out the game before the Magic knows what hit them.
+1 We need all our bigs to frustrate Dwight if we get him in early foul trouble this game can easily be hand because their front court is weak

Gallo can handle Turkgolo
Chandler Brandon Bass or Ryan Anderson
And Fields will have his hands full Arenas

But Dwight can not get Amare in foul trouble our we will be in trouble!

Lol hope Dwight doesn't read A'mare's quote about him being offensivley challeneged and use that as motivation to rape us in the paint tonight..

I'm weary bout this game tho cause of of all the newly acquired weapons they have.. We had better try our damn hardest to play d or outscore these dudes..

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Very good team better then their record shows, and they are very hot as of right now..... after that big win on christmas day they have been on a nice 4 game win streak easily and that new lineup after that trade is looking real right.... Tonight is a good challenge for us... hopefully are interior D will work hard and Galo and Chandler are hot tonight.... STAT needs to stay out of foul trouble on Dwight and put up atleast 25 for the win... watch out for Bass hes very underated.... btw nice thread again jpz

nyk_nyk

All Star
Hopefully Gallo pays attention to Turkoglu and learns how be effective. They're the same height and have similar skill sets.

This is not about how good or not Turk is, it's about how well he uses all his weapons to score (post up, mid range, 3 pt, slashing, getting to the FT line)

moneyg

Starter
Amar'e is more likely to get Dwight in foul trouble than the other way around

yep.. thats cuz amare will back off of him..id start tmoz at center.. and the first time down the court.. i post him up...they wont be expecting that.. they will be looking for the P and R, or perimiter shooting..

KingCharles34

All Star
Another 5 star game thread by jpz....if i can give u some green, i will fam :beer:

Stat has a history of outplayin Dwight. Both of them are all stars but alotta the reason why Amare is so much better on offense is because of his lateral quickness and agility. Hes sorta like a big guard, but still very strong....stronger then he looks. As high as D12 can jump hes not nearly as laterally quick or agile.

la2ny

Starter
gettin ready 2 watch the game.

man I hate chuck hatin on NY but he was right going against what Kenny was saying about us on Orlando's level and theres only 2 teams, Boston and Miami, that have a chance at the title.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
i was mad happy when i saw that foul was on shawn williams and not galo,fields,chandler lol..... we start wit a 10 point lead then a 17-2 run smh..... when amare is in foul trouble we go down the drain.... we gotta run them off the court second half, i like chandlers game tonight, 30 rebounds to 19, we gota rebound more and shutdown the underated bass

KingCharles34

All Star
Howard should have 3 fouls smh @ the faggit ass refs :mad:

Amare was dead on about dwight coward, this fake ass superman is 2 for 11 :lol:

Big Z does better against us then coward :lol:

LeFlume

All Star
I'm glad we don't have 'Melo on our team. We would have been down by 30 then. Now we have three players on our roster that are better so we only down 18 at the half. We're good