Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike D has to go

Hybrid View

Default Mike D has to go

It kills me to say this, but he cant coach. If a player doesn't have any offensive value he is relegated to the bench. There is no other way to explain it. The last to games we get ABSOLUTELY mauled in the paint. But he keeps two 7 footers on the bench. Why Mike Why? Is there anyone in the media even asking these questions. The least the guys can do is foul Dwight he shots 50% from the line. There are other parts of basketball that I'm sure Moz and Randolph can help this out with other than scoring. Horrible coaching...

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    It kills me to say this, but he cant coach. If a player doesn't have any offensive value he is relegated to the bench. There is no other way to explain it. The last to games we get ABSOLUTELY mauled in the paint. But he keeps two 7 footers on the bench. Why Mike Why? Is there anyone in the media even asking these questions. The least the guys can do is foul Dwight he shots 50% from the line. There are other parts of basketball that I'm sure Moz and Randolph can help this out with other than scoring. Horrible coaching...
    Yo you ain't joking..For realz. He stinks I said it Before. We can't win any gamezs with running and shooting. THis team look weak out there son.
    It get's me T up no doubt..We've loss like every national t.v game man..Well except for Bullz..Man they ain't got that NY SWAGGA YET.

5 star thread and +1 rep.

This is one of the reasons I can't see him coaching this team once we acquire Melo and Varejao/McGee ...

Now we know what Phoenix fans went through. We need to get rid of this guy. Who goes small in a game against Dwight? This is stupid stuff right here.

Originally Posted by vpell
    Now we know what Phoenix fans went through. We need to get rid of this guy. Who goes small in a game against Dwight? This is stupid stuff right here.
    WORD!
    THEY KNEW WE WEREN'T WINNING ANY RINGS WITH THIS GUY,
    HE'LL GET U TO PLAYOFFS..BUT THAN WHAT SON ?! GET OUR BUTTS KICKE BY MIAMI OR BOSTON..HELLZ NO..WE GETZ NEW PLAYAZZ WE MIGHT NEED NEW COACH BY NEXT SEASON TOO..NO DOUBT

What a joke. A serious lack of basic basketball acumen on full display tonight late in the 4th quarter.

I actually grimmaced when I saw Chandler on Howard, with Gallo coming over to help. What!

Turiaf? Mozgov? Randolph? Heck, even Curry for a minute.

Dwight was 6-10 from the free throw line. Hack-a-shaq baby. Why even let Howard shoot, let alone dunk it?

Did he mot notice how we choked away any hope to win with each free throw miss. We were like 5-10 down the stretch.

He couldn't remind Stat to box Howard out?

Fields and Gallo were almost worthless on this Fla trip. You can't leave them oit there when they're giving you nothing.

I can't believe we passed on Gordon and Lopez for Gallo. If he's the best shooter in the world, then Ryan Anderson is best shooter in our solar system.

Take out Gallo the gimpy ghost. Plz!

No sense benching all our 7-footers b/9 they can't hit 3s.

Even if we have Carmelo, we aint winning. How can you win games against good teams when... Down the stretch you allow uncontested layup after uncontested layup, and dunks, while we struggle to get looks from 27 feet out? How will that ever work out in the long run?

We are 0-6 against top-4 teams in East. I think we trailed for the final 3 quarters in 5 of these 6 losses. We beat Chi twice b/9 they were 1 big man short each game. OKC and NO are not elite teams.

Knicks are now 2-5 in their last 7.

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    I know that when the team losses it upsets people, but lets look at the facts here!

1 Sorry to say it but, .Mogov and Randolph is not enough to hold off Dwight! Mozgov is not a good rebounder (horrible hands) which is where we got killed tonight more than anything, so yes they do represent 12 fouls but on the offensive side of the ball they are both limited, so do you stall the offense just for 12 fouls to use on Dwight who did not shoot the ball great anyways (more on that later)

2. Why did we not go to a Hack A Shaq? Because it was the fluidity of the game that allowed the Knicks to come back! Watch the game again, as The Knicks mounted a comeback in the 4th the scoring came on a lot of scores off of us grabbing the board, running up the court, and having the Magic try to scramble to shooters. Plus Orlando was shooting horribly from the feild in the 4th, they were shooting themselves out of the game, so there is no need for a Hack A Shaq!

3.Dwight shot 8-19 from the field! This is considred a success on a player who shoots about .600 for the season! What more can you ask for when you are talking about a player of Dwight's skill.

I get being upset about the loss and I guess there always needs to be a "fall guy" so I guess in your opion it is Mike and you're right about us needing a quality 7 ft player out there tonight being the reason why we loss, but the real problem is that we don't have one, not that Mike D did not play him! I mean another reason why we loss the game was our horrible shooting from 3, would Roger Mason have solved that!?

sitting Mozgov and Randolph is not like sitting David Robinson and Duncan!

Mos and Randolph might not be enough to hold off Dwight but that's 12 fouls right there you can use to force him to make free throws, it's not really ideal but you'd rather Mos or Randolph guarding him than Wilson ****ing Chandler...I'd say of the 3...he has the least chance to do anything.

But putting in either guy would "disrupt" things offensively since they're not up to snuff...so, like Moneyg said, when the rotation gets expanded...it's Bill Walker.

Good Job coach.

I mean...call me crazy...but I'd rather see Mosgov with 4-5 fouls in the 3rd as opposed to Stoudemire. And if Wilson Chandler is having a monster game...I don't put him in a situation he is surely going to loss in trying to guard Dwight in the post off of a switch.

If I have two "useless" big bodies on the bench...they're gonna be the dudes getting abused by Dwight and racking up fouls, not the players I NEED on the court.

I wonder what was going thru Will's head when Dwight started to back him down....come one folks...you're better than this...

Veteran

You know what else is sad. The magic plan to get bigger. Their GM said that they need another big down the stretch for about 4 teams they will face. Which means there are about 20 teams bigger than us.
    We might as well trade the russian for duhon mr O'antoni.

Let's get Camby becuz at least he can shoot a 15 footer and that will at least satisfy our coach enough to put him on the floor.

Free mason, AR, walker and tmo

Send andy to the d league

Shoot Curry

Veteran

You know what else is sad. The magic plan to get bigger. Their GM said that they need another big down the stretch for about 4 teams they will face. Which means there are about 20 teams bigger than us.
    We might as well trade the russian for duhon mr O'antoni.

Let's get Camby becuz at least he can shoot a 15 footer and that will at least satisfy our coach enough to put him on the floor.

Free mason, AR, walker and tmo

Send andy to the d league

Shoot Curry

Originally Posted by New New York
    I know that when the team losses it upsets people, but lets look at the facts here!

1 Sorry to say it but, .Mogov and Randolph is not enough to hold off Dwight! Mozgov is not a good rebounder (horrible hands) which is where we got killed tonight more than anything, so yes they do represent 12 fouls but on the offensive side of the ball they are both limited, so do you stall the offense just for 12 fouls to use on Dwight who did not shoot the ball great anyways (more on that later)

2. Why did we not go to a Hack A Shaq? Because it was the fluidity of the game that allowed the Knicks to come back! Watch the game again, as The Knicks mounted a comeback in the 4th the scoring came on a lot of scores off of us grabbing the board, running up the court, and having the Magic try to scramble to shooters. Plus Orlando was shooting horribly from the feild in the 4th, they were shooting themselves out of the game, so there is no need for a Hack A Shaq!

3.Dwight shot 8-19 from the field! This is considred a success on a player who shoots about .600 for the season! What more can you ask for when you are talking about a player of Dwight's skill.

I get being upset about the loss and I guess there always needs to be a "fall guy" so I guess in your opion it is Mike and you're right about us needing a quality 7 ft player out there tonight being the reason why we loss, but the real problem is that we don't have one, not that Mike D did not play him! I mean another reason why we loss the game was our horrible shooting from 3, would Roger Mason have solved that!?

sitting Mozgov and Randolph is not like sitting David Robinson and Duncan!
    check.....

by the way, its ONE thread.....started by you dummy.

I bumped two. I guess you want me to find them all. Do your own research...

new new york just killed your whole post. obviouslty u dont watch games.