Mike D has to go

nuckles2k2

Superstar
If AR and T moz was on the spurs.. they would be playin meaningful minutes...that the difference with coaches like O'antoni and your Pop or Sloan or Jackson..

i will take it even further..

nobodies give Nate Mcmillian credit for anything.. he got a constantly injured staff and his franchise playin is down and they still find a way to win.. now thats coaching... he should be in the discussion for coach of the year..

side note... Wesley Mathews... who i said would be a good pickup for the knicks in the offseason and most of you laughed at it...is a major reason why they r good.

Yep, you're right on all accounts. Not only did the Blazers go out and get Matthews but also once Roy went out for an extended time what did Nate tell Aldridge? "Get your skinny ass in the paint and use your size and athletecism" now I don't know if he said it in those words...but a dude who spent the better part of 3 years in the NBA shooting jumpshots suddenly wakes up one morning and decides to be a low post presence...in the middle of the season...right after a vital part of their offense gets subtracted due to knee issues?

This also coming from a team that miraculously made the playoffs last year after being the 2nd most injured team in the league? And Mike D'Antoni...a professional basketball head coach, can't find a way to use his young bigs in the game that would benefit the team? Especially when said team is giving up so many second chance points because of our lack of size and rebounding up front? Really?

Dude is getting out coached every which way, sometimes I think we win despite Michael D'Antoni.

Red

TYPE-A
The more I tried to highlight stuff the more I realized I would just need to put the entire post in bold.

+1 and as soon as I give someone else a rep point I might have yo give you another one. This was an excellent post.
Thank you.

iSaYughh

Starter
Toons. Are you reading these threads?

Lol@ you bumping these abortions of threads, a month later, calling people out for not reading. :teeth: Damn son. You should take your sensai's advice: comprehend.

Nobody really reads your shit except for the people smacking you down, and maybe Red since you his minion. He has to pat you on the ass time to time, like a general on a horse to a foot soldier who's going to take one for the team.

Lol@ you bumping these abortions of threads, a month later, calling people out for not reading. :teeth: Damn son. You should take your sensai's advice: comprehend.

Nobody really reads your shit except for the people smacking you down, and maybe Red since you his minion. He has to pat you on the ass time to time, like a general on a horse to a foot soldier who's going to take one for the team.

LMAO. You got jokes. I'll give you that. Your basketball knowledge is lacking but thats ok. We need a dumb mofo like you around to keep smiles on our faces...

Toons

is the Bo$$
I know that when the team losses it upsets people, but lets look at the facts here!

1 Sorry to say it but, .Mogov and Randolph is not enough to hold off Dwight! Mozgov is not a good rebounder (horrible hands) which is where we got killed tonight more than anything, so yes they do represent 12 fouls but on the offensive side of the ball they are both limited, so do you stall the offense just for 12 fouls to use on Dwight who did not shoot the ball great anyways (more on that later)

2. Why did we not go to a Hack A Shaq? Because it was the fluidity of the game that allowed the Knicks to come back! Watch the game again, as The Knicks mounted a comeback in the 4th the scoring came on a lot of scores off of us grabbing the board, running up the court, and having the Magic try to scramble to shooters. Plus Orlando was shooting horribly from the feild in the 4th, they were shooting themselves out of the game, so there is no need for a Hack A Shaq!

3.Dwight shot 8-19 from the field! This is considred a success on a player who shoots about .600 for the season! What more can you ask for when you are talking about a player of Dwight's skill.

I get being upset about the loss and I guess there always needs to be a "fall guy" so I guess in your opion it is Mike and you're right about us needing a quality 7 ft player out there tonight being the reason why we loss, but the real problem is that we don't have one, not that Mike D did not play him! I mean another reason why we loss the game was our horrible shooting from 3, would Roger Mason have solved that!?

sitting Mozgov and Randolph is not like sitting David Robinson and Duncan!

check.....

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
If AR and T moz was on the spurs.. they would be playin meaningful minutes...that the difference with coaches like O'antoni and your Pop or Sloan or Jackson..

i will take it even further..

nobodies give Nate Mcmillian credit for anything.. he got a constantly injured staff and his franchise playin is down and they still find a way to win.. now thats coaching... he should be in the discussion for coach of the year..

side note... Wesley Mathews... who i said would be a good pickup for the knicks in the offseason and most of you laughed at it...is a major reason why they r good.

Yep, you're right on all accounts. Not only did the Blazers go out and get Matthews but also once Roy went out for an extended time what did Nate tell Aldridge? "Get your skinny ass in the paint and use your size and athletecism" now I don't know if he said it in those words...but a dude who spent the better part of 3 years in the NBA shooting jumpshots suddenly wakes up one morning and decides to be a low post presence...in the middle of the season...right after a vital part of their offense gets subtracted due to knee issues?

This also coming from a team that miraculously made the playoffs last year after being the 2nd most injured team in the league? And Mike D'Antoni...a professional basketball head coach, can't find a way to use his young bigs in the game that would benefit the team? Especially when said team is giving up so many second chance points because of our lack of size and rebounding up front? Really?

Dude is getting out coached every which way, sometimes I think we win despite Michael D'Antoni.

Agree with the both of you. Great coaches make adjustments to get easy baskets or timely stops. D'Antoni isn't great at either. The Magic game brings this to the fore because we got pounded on the boards that game by like 15. I think AR could've been a difference maker that game. His length & being able to rebound would've limited their 2nd chance buckets & given us more 2nd chance buckets to score.

I said something similar the other day (bolded part) about the Knicks ability to win games. This team has heart & that's one of the main reasons we're winning more.

moneyg

Starter
Agree with the both of you. Great coaches make adjustments to get easy baskets or timely stops. D'Antoni isn't great at either. The Magic game brings this to the fore because we got pounded on the boards that game by like 15. I think AR could've been a difference maker that game. His length & being able to rebound would've limited their 2nd chance buckets & given us more 2nd chance buckets to score.

I said something similar the other day (bolded part) about the Knicks ability to win games. This team has heart & that's one of the main reasons we're winning more.

for the record... great coaches utilize a players strength.. puts players in a position to excel.....hides there weekness

all i see from our coach is a guy that will highlight the weekness of a player if a player doesnt fit in his system

now im not say t moz should of been playin all the time... but evfen if its for a few minutes to defened and such.. should be ok

i hear people all the time talk about his hands and such.. well dont pass him the ball.. he can rebound and block shots still...right??

on of the best Rodman.. would go games without even attempting a shot.... but made a impact..

those that kill tmoz for offensive reasons.. r just like our coach... only offensive minded..that why the luv him so much...peas in a pod

Toons

is the Bo$$
for the record... great coaches utilize a players strength.. puts players in a position to excel.....hides there weekness

all i see from our coach is a guy that will highlight the weekness of a player if a player doesnt fit in his system

now im not say t moz should of been playin all the time... but evfen if its for a few minutes to defened and such.. should be ok

i hear people all the time talk about his hands and such.. well dont pass him the ball.. he can rebound and block shots still...right??

on of the best Rodman.. would go games without even attempting a shot.... but made a impact..

those that kill tmoz for offensive reasons.. r just like our coach... only offensive minded..that why the luv him so much...peas in a pod

dont pass him the ball? ever heard of team chemestry? moz is not that kind of player

knicksman20

Benchwarmer

Totally agree with you. I've said the same things about Moz. His 7'1 presence would make other PF's & Centers alter their shots because of his size. That alone helps on the defensive end which the same can be said about AR & his ability to block shots with his help defense. People forget the old saying: you can't teach size. Rodman was the ultimate role player. He knew his role & did it better than most almost every night.

moneyg

Starter
dont pass him the ball? ever heard of team chemestry? moz is not that kind of player

u know what i mean.. do give him the ball with the intention of scoring.. dont pass the ball to him in the post....come on toons.. u smarter than that

there a guy in college that has one arm for christ sake and affects trhe game becuase of defense.... and im sure moz got better hands than him...

oh yeah and if rodman was on our team...DNPCD all day.. tell me im lying

MusketeerX

Rotation player
oh yeah and if rodman was on our team...DNPCD all day.. tell me im lying

:agreed: HAHAHAHAHAHA. So true, though. It's the same reason why Ronny can help us win a game by playing 20-30 minutes one night, and then play 7 minutes the next.

D'Antoni needs to go.

I have a friend who is a Phoenix fan and was thrilled to see Mike go.