Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mike D has to go

Bandwagon Fans coming out the wood work! Cool to see that when the Knicks lose people are actually outraged, this is a start! As for the last 2 games we played we played against 2 quality teams on the road who have a ton more talent then us and pose match-up problems. Do you really think Its D'Antoni's fault for the losses? Put in Mozgov and Randolph and we would get even more crushed by Howard and would be lost offensively.

This is a brand new team, with a solid core. We have weaknesses, as we are still young and we have not had much time to address those weaknesses. This team is a few pieces away from being legit contenders in the East. Considering how miserable we were last year, we should all be happy that Knicks Basketball is even relevant let alone fun to watch. Donnie's steady rebuilding approach has been painful, but we have just begun to reap the rewards of the process. This team can only improve in the next 3-4 years, so the fickle fans need to chill out and enjoy the ride.

Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    Bandwagon Fans coming out the wood work! Cool to see that when the Knicks lose people are actually outraged, this is a start! As for the last 2 games we played we played against 2 quality teams on the road who have a ton more talent then us and pose match-up problems. Do you really think Its D'Antoni's fault for the losses? Put in Mozgov and Randolph and we would get even more crushed by Howard and would be lost offensively.

This is a brand new team, with a solid core. We have weaknesses, as we are still young and we have not had much time to address those weaknesses. This team is a few pieces away from being legit contenders in the East. Considering how miserable we were last year, we should all be happy that Knicks Basketball is even relevant let alone fun to watch. Donnie's steady rebuilding approach has been painful, but we have just begun to reap the rewards of the process. This team can only improve in the next 3-4 years, so the fickle fans need to chill out and enjoy the ride.
    LMAO..3 TO 4 YEARS..MAN THAT'S A LITTLE CRAZY RIGHT THERE ?
    BY THAT TIME, STAT WILL BE IN HIS LAST YEAR OF HIS CONTRACT. DO YOU THINK HE'S GOING TO HAVE ANY KNEES LEFT RUNNING UP AND DOWN THE COURT IN 3 TO 4 YEARS..I GET YOU BRO. YOU TRYING TO BE POSTIVE THAT'S COOL AND ALL. BUT LETS BE REALISTIC HERE. STATS 27 NOT 21..THIS TEAM AS I SEE IT, LACKS ALOT OF THINGS..THERE'S GONNA COME A TIME THAT WE GOT TO STOP MAKING EXCUSES . YUP WE WERE MISERABLE LAST YEAR AND MANY YEARS BEFORE THAT..MAYBE TO THE POINT WHERE WE ARE TAKING SOME LOSSES TO LIGHTLY AT TIMES. LETS FACE IT, I FEEL DWALSH WILL MAKE MOVES. THE QUESTION IS WHEN ? I DON'T WANT TO SEE CHANDLER GO. HOWEVER, GALLI DON'T DO IT FOR ME..I THINK HE'LL MAKE A GOOD PLAYER BUT ON A CONTENDING TEAM. NOT A TEAM THAT'S IS MEDIORCE AND TRYING TO GET BETTER.
    JUST IMO..

Veteran

I have been sayin this for the longest

O'antoni is probably best suited as an top ASSistant coach in this league like he was for team USA.

The reason I bring up team USA is becuz most of yall compare team USA playin small lineups to the NBA. What a joke

What really upsets me is that we are running down our players and when STAT gets in foul trouble, he has to back off on defense and other teams knows it. So they force switches and go right at him.

Turkalo knew amare didn't want to pick up his 6th. Tried to sucker Stat into that bring the arms up under foul on the reach, Stat back up and he sinks the dagger

I think in that situation Stat has to take away the 3 and force turk to drive and maybe someone can step up and draw a charge.

O'antoni. Our coach

Love the record. Hate the path.

Originally Posted by moneyg
    I have been sayin this for the longest

O'antoni is probably best suited as an top ASSistant coach in this league like he was for team USA.

The reason I bring up team USA is becuz most of yall compare team USA playin small lineups to the NBA. What a joke

What really upsets me is that we are running down our players and when STAT gets in foul trouble, he has to back off on defense and other teams knows it. So they force switches and go right at him.

Turkalo knew amare didn't want to pick up his 6th. Tried to sucker Stat into that bring the arms up under foul on the reach, Stat back up and he sinks the dagger

I think in that situation Stat has to take away the 3 and force turk to drive and maybe someone can step up and draw a charge.

O'antoni. Our coach

Love the record. Hate the path.
    I love it. Too many people are hooked on this team winning right now because of the past decade...but are ignoring what this team needs to become elite.

"Love the record. Hate the Path..."

+1 rep for that.

Veteran

Oh yeah

And then he expands his rotation and brings in walker instead of a bigger player. What sense does that make.

This is some sad $hit

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    It kills me to say this, but he cant coach. If a player doesn't have any offensive value he is relegated to the bench. There is no other way to explain it. The last to games we get ABSOLUTELY mauled in the paint. But he keeps two 7 footers on the bench. Why Mike Why? Is there anyone in the media even asking these questions. The least the guys can do is foul Dwight he shots 50% from the line. There are other parts of basketball that I'm sure Moz and Randolph can help this out with other than scoring. Horrible coaching...
    I know that when the team losses it upsets people, but lets look at the facts here!

1 Sorry to say it but, .Mogov and Randolph is not enough to hold off Dwight! Mozgov is not a good rebounder (horrible hands) which is where we got killed tonight more than anything, so yes they do represent 12 fouls but on the offensive side of the ball they are both limited, so do you stall the offense just for 12 fouls to use on Dwight who did not shoot the ball great anyways (more on that later)

2. Why did we not go to a Hack A Shaq? Because it was the fluidity of the game that allowed the Knicks to come back! Watch the game again, as The Knicks mounted a comeback in the 4th the scoring came on a lot of scores off of us grabbing the board, running up the court, and having the Magic try to scramble to shooters. Plus Orlando was shooting horribly from the feild in the 4th, they were shooting themselves out of the game, so there is no need for a Hack A Shaq!

3.Dwight shot 8-19 from the field! This is considred a success on a player who shoots about .600 for the season! What more can you ask for when you are talking about a player of Dwight's skill.

I get being upset about the loss and I guess there always needs to be a "fall guy" so I guess in your opion it is Mike and you're right about us needing a quality 7 ft player out there tonight being the reason why we loss, but the real problem is that we don't have one, not that Mike D did not play him! I mean another reason why we loss the game was our horrible shooting from 3, would Roger Mason have solved that!?

sitting Mozgov and Randolph is not like sitting David Robinson and Duncan!

Mos and Randolph might not be enough to hold off Dwight but that's 12 fouls right there you can use to force him to make free throws, it's not really ideal but you'd rather Mos or Randolph guarding him than Wilson ****ing Chandler...I'd say of the 3...he has the least chance to do anything.

But putting in either guy would "disrupt" things offensively since they're not up to snuff...so, like Moneyg said, when the rotation gets expanded...it's Bill Walker.

Good Job coach.

I mean...call me crazy...but I'd rather see Mosgov with 4-5 fouls in the 3rd as opposed to Stoudemire. And if Wilson Chandler is having a monster game...I don't put him in a situation he is surely going to loss in trying to guard Dwight in the post off of a switch.

If I have two "useless" big bodies on the bench...they're gonna be the dudes getting abused by Dwight and racking up fouls, not the players I NEED on the court.

I wonder what was going thru Will's head when Dwight started to back him down....come one folks...you're better than this...

Veteran

You know what else is sad. The magic plan to get bigger. Their GM said that they need another big down the stretch for about 4 teams they will face. Which means there are about 20 teams bigger than us.
    We might as well trade the russian for duhon mr O'antoni.

Let's get Camby becuz at least he can shoot a 15 footer and that will at least satisfy our coach enough to put him on the floor.

Free mason, AR, walker and tmo

Send andy to the d league

Shoot Curry

Veteran

You know what else is sad. The magic plan to get bigger. Their GM said that they need another big down the stretch for about 4 teams they will face. Which means there are about 20 teams bigger than us.
    We might as well trade the russian for duhon mr O'antoni.

Let's get Camby becuz at least he can shoot a 15 footer and that will at least satisfy our coach enough to put him on the floor.

Free mason, AR, walker and tmo

Send andy to the d league

Shoot Curry

<<<<<<<By the way, who would yo like to coach the Knicks if available? Call me mad, but i would love Jim O'Brien. He's so underrated.>>>>>>

I'd like to see Bill Lambier coaching the Knicks next year...

When we lose we need scapegoats; not that scapegoats can't be real issues and problems that need fixing. But you're just fooling yourself if you think MD being replaced would do anything in us winning these games.<when lose="" we="" scapegoats;="" not="" scapegoats="" can="" t="" be="" real="" issues="" and="" problems="" that="" need="" fixing.="" but="" re="" just="" fooling="" yourself="" if="" you="" think="" md="" being="" replaced="" would="" do="" anything="" in="" us="" winning="" these="" games.=""><when lose="" we="" scapegoats;="" not="" scapegoats="" can="" t="" be="" real="" issues="" and="" problems="" that="" need="" fixing.="" but="" re="" just="" fooling="" yourself="" if="" you="" think="" md="" being="" replaced="" would="" do="" anything="" in="" us="" winning="" these="" games.="">

I beg to differ. These last two games were winnable. So were the two games against Boston. A couple of shrewd coaching moves here and there and we win these games. I mean late in the game why not put Turiaf in on defense? We need stops. He gives us a better chance at getting those stops. Just because these players dont fit your offense doesnt mean they cant help you win games.</when></when>

I love it. Too many people are hooked on this team winning right now because of the past decade...but are ignoring what this team needs to become elite.

What does this team being elite have to do with losing winnable games? Boston twice, Miami, Orlando. The coach did nothing to try to win the game. Last night especially. They want to dump it down to Dwight. Fine. We have 18 fouls we can use on his 50% from the foul line shooting ass. If Dwight beats you from the line SOBEIT. I'd rather have him there than dunking every time down...

Another thing. Say we do use up our fouls on Dwight win the game, that's something Van Gundy has to worry about the next time we play them. What does he do? Bench Dwight? Not feature him as much? Or keep pumping it into him down low. Hey, I love the Knicks offense with MDA. But he needs to strategize more with the players he has on the defensive end. Hell defense is 50% of basketball...
    Last edited by Clyde & The Pearl; Dec 31, 2010 at 16:51.

Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue

No disrespect but how do you figure ppl are on the bandwagon..oh lemme guess becus your join year is 2006.. that doesnt mean anything guy.. remember one thing we are all here to support the NY Knicks.. whether someone joined when the website started or if they joined today.... we should all be here discussing the Knicks.....
    like i said in the beginning no disrespect.. but i just dont find it right saying ppl are on the bandwagon

You people are so stupid it is not even worth arguing with you.

You guys are that stupid.