Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 107

Thread: Mike D has to go

  1. #31
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hitman
    You people are so stupid it is not even worth arguing with you.

    You guys are that stupid.
    Chill bra you ain't say anything worth reading

  2. #32
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    To all of the people who say there was something better we could have done against teams like Miami, Boston and the Magic, I have this to say: WE SIMPLY DON'T HAVE THE HORSES.

    It's okay to be disappointed after a loss, but you also have to try to maintain some modicum of realism.

    For one, Chandler wasn't on Dwight that much. I saw Gallo on him a lot, getting baptized by God himself.. And if Chandler got caught on him a couple of times so be it. I'd rather have Chandler on Dwight than Moz or AR, because atleast w Chandler you know he's giving you something on the other end. In last night's case he gave em 30.. You can't argue w that. Moz and AR are useless on offense, and defense against Dwight for that matter. So you live w Chandler having to play D against bigger guys at times.

    The reason you live w it is because n the NBA you have to play to your strengths. Our strength is offenze. It puts us right in the mix against the better teams and has allowed us to eat good against the average/bad teams thruout the league. You can't have it both ways.

    Smh at you guys that are asking AR and Moz. They are both useless right now and would look even more inept against Dwight. You guys need to stop.

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Chill bra you ain't say anything worth reading
    You can't even write on a fifth grade level, you wouldn't know anything about reading or writing.

  4. #34
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I dunno about that. 12 fouls for bench players is better than 12 fouls for starters. If we're gonna end up in the penalty anyway it might as well go to players who are deemed useless while our offensive "threats" stay in the game.

    At some point you have to sacrifice a little of something for the greater good of the team. So throw the offensively "inefficient" Moz or AR out there to absorb some of STAT's fouls so that way he's not willingly playing matador defense or not being as aggressive on the offensive end...or hell, just not even out there cause he has 5 fouls in the first couple of mins of the 4th.

    Out coach your opponent. Stop switching every damn thing, foul Dwight with useless bodies, force him to hit free throws, maintain your star's relevance on the court.

    11 fouls between Moz and AR vs Dwight >>>>>>>>>> 10 fouls between STAT and Chandler vs Dwight, especially when they combined for like 60 points. I don't think AR or Moz would have prevented either from doing what they did on offense, so there's no excuse other than "if you don't have any offensive value then you have no value to Mike D."

  5. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    The coach thinks he can run a short rotation all the way thru the season. He will wear them out. What will happen if Stat goes down? He cant even use his bench because he dosen't know how to coach to players strength...It's not like we have a bench load of garbage. He rather hold onto his talent lacking Godson instead of upgrading. He plays a man 2 man defense with way too many double teaming around the arch. Wilson, Turiuf, Stat, should stay around the basket and paint...not assist on doubles...that crap always expose us to easy baskets in the paint. This coach is stubborn, arrogant and extremely overrated. Why in the hell do we need to find him specific players...I thought this game was about the Ballers...not the coach. He just can't adapt and will always blame others for his shortcomings.

    If he would spend more time learning how to coach and designing plays for his roster instead of being on TV running his mouth all the time...he might just figure it out.

  6. #36

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    The coach thinks he can run a short rotation all the way thru the season. He will wear them out. What will happen if Stat goes down? He cant even use his bench because he dosen't know how to coach to players strength...It's not like we have a bench load of garbage. He rather hold onto his talent lacking Godson instead of upgrading. He plays a man 2 man defense with way too many double teaming around the arch. Wilson, Turiuf, Stat, should stay around the basket and paint...not assist on doubles...that crap always expose us to easy baskets in the paint. This coach is stubborn, arrogant and extremely overrated. Why in the hell do we need to find him specific players...I thought this game was about the Ballers...not the coach. He just can't adapt and will always blame others for his shortcomings.

    If he would spend more time learning how to coach and designing plays for his roster instead of being on TV running his mouth all the time...he might just figure it out.
    I couldn`t agree with that sentiment more, spot on.

    I was watching the Spurs Lakers game the other day and when Tiago Splitter came off the bench the commentator was saying that he hadn`t offered the Spurs anything in terms of his numbers all season.

    the other commentator than said - and I`m paraphrasing here - "That is true, but he`s young and needs to leran to play at NBA level so even though he might not give you much now giving him minutes agianst the Lakers and other teams is very important because that experience will make him a better player".

    This is something that no D`Toni doesn`t understand. He keeps saying that AR and Mozgov have to improve but how will they improve if they never get any minutes. Yes, maybe they won`t contribute much now but they must play to gain experience and to take some of the minutes from amar`e and give him some rest. No D`Toni is a complete idiot. He thinks he can go the whole season with a seven or eight man rotation. Our starters will be completely blown out.

    We have to go deeper to the bench even if they do not give us much now. They have to be developed and the starters must get some rest.

  7. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    To all of the people who say there was something better we could have done against teams like Miami, Boston and the Magic, I have this to say: WE SIMPLY DON'T HAVE THE HORSES.

    It's okay to be disappointed after a loss, but you also have to try to maintain some modicum of realism.

    For one, Chandler wasn't on Dwight that much. I saw Gallo on him a lot, getting baptized by God himself.. And if Chandler got caught on him a couple of times so be it. I'd rather have Chandler on Dwight than Moz or AR, because atleast w Chandler you know he's giving you something on the other end. In last night's case he gave em 30.. You can't argue w that. Moz and AR are useless on offense, and defense against Dwight for that matter. So you live w Chandler having to play D against bigger guys at times.

    The reason you live w it is because n the NBA you have to play to your strengths. Our strength is offenze. It puts us right in the mix against the better teams and has allowed us to eat good against the average/bad teams thruout the league. You can't have it both ways.

    Smh at you guys that are asking AR and Moz. They are both useless right now and would look even more inept against Dwight. You guys need to stop.
    What a nice, crisp post.

    This team was still a laughing stock going into opening night. Another playoff miss. Maybe lap dogs that squeek into playoffs as first round fodder.

    A middling pg.
    A 2nd round rookie starter.
    No center.
    An overpaid desperation- got star.
    A few prospects.

    I'll just state it: Mike D'antoni has spoiled everyone. Not that our success and surpassed expectations are entirely d'ant. But if you're going to give the man such control and responsibility for things, it'll include positives.

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    What a nice, crisp post.

    This team was still a laughing stock going into opening night. Another playoff miss. Maybe lap dogs that squeek into playoffs as first round fodder.

    A middling pg.
    A 2nd round rookie starter.
    No center.
    An overpaid desperation- got star.
    A few prospects.

    I'll just state it: Mike D'antoni has spoiled everyone. Not that our success and surpassed expectations are entirely d'ant. But if you're going to give the man such control and responsibility for things, it'll include positives.
    I couldn't disagree with Your analysis more..He Spoiled everyone!
    Man is that a joke ? You Guyz are happy with this team being mediocre for the next 3 to 5 years I' ain't man. We need to stop making excuses, if this team continues to look lost at the 4th quarter.. Man we gotta becareful with what we say, Because this team has a tough schedule..And there's No such thing as Good losses..I Feel you though. We SUCKED!! For many years. But it dosen't mean we must accept being mediocre For years. IN MY IMO.
    Last edited by johnnyrose; Jan 02, 2011 at 00:13.

  9. #39
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Smile

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    What a nice, crisp post.

    This team was still a laughing stock going into opening night. Another playoff miss. Maybe lap dogs that squeek into playoffs as first round fodder.

    A middling pg.
    A 2nd round rookie starter.
    No center.
    An overpaid desperation- got star.
    A few prospects.

    I'll just state it: Mike D'antoni has spoiled everyone. Not that our success and surpassed expectations are entirely d'ant. But if you're going to give the man such control and responsibility for things, it'll include positives.
    Thx iSaYughh!

    Yah people need to relax. This team is not that talented yet.. I agree that D'ant has these boys playing above their respective heads, w the exception of Amare. Hell, a case could be made that he's even exceeded expectations prolly..

    But, we're not where we want to be talent wise yet. People need to remember that and temper their greedy little expectations down some.

    And who said we'd be average year after year. This team is slowly being built up into a contender. Donnie is being patient so we're gonna have to be patient. Try to remember where came from people. This team was an insipid, hot mess.

    I believe wholeheartedly there will come a time in the not too distant future, when we'll be able make a statement in games against the best teams. And by make a statement I mean send a message w an ass kicking that says, "We are not to be trifled w. We're to be feared mfs!!".

    That time is comin'. But we're not there yet.. Slow, steady growth is afoot. Patience is key.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Jan 01, 2011 at 23:27.

  10. #40
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,500
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Antoni Truth

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    The coach thinks he can run a short rotation all the way thru the season. He will wear them out. What will happen if Stat goes down? He cant even use his bench because he dosen't know how to coach to players strength...It's not like we have a bench load of garbage. He rather hold onto his talent lacking Godson instead of upgrading. He plays a man 2 man defense with way too many double teaming around the arch. Wilson, Turiuf, Stat, should stay around the basket and paint...not assist on doubles...that crap always expose us to easy baskets in the paint. This coach is stubborn, arrogant and extremely overrated. Why in the hell do we need to find him specific players...I thought this game was about the Ballers...not the coach. He just can't adapt and will always blame others for his shortcomings.

    If he would spend more time learning how to coach and designing plays for his roster instead of being on TV running his mouth all the time...he might just figure it out.


    from your mouth to godson's ears, could not agree with you more, baller.
    been saying this since Antoni got here.

  11. #41
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    To all of the people who say there was something better we could have done against teams like Miami, Boston and the Magic, I have this to say: WE SIMPLY DON'T HAVE THE HORSES.

    It's okay to be disappointed after a loss, but you also have to try to maintain some modicum of realism.

    For one, Chandler wasn't on Dwight that much. I saw Gallo on him a lot, getting baptized by God himself.. And if Chandler got caught on him a couple of times so be it. I'd rather have Chandler on Dwight than Moz or AR, because atleast w Chandler you know he's giving you something on the other end. In last night's case he gave em 30.. You can't argue w that. Moz and AR are useless on offense, and defense against Dwight for that matter. So you live w Chandler having to play D against bigger guys at times.

    The reason you live w it is because n the NBA you have to play to your strengths. Our strength is offenze. It puts us right in the mix against the better teams and has allowed us to eat good against the average/bad teams thruout the league. You can't have it both ways.

    Smh at you guys that are asking AR and Moz. They are both useless right now and would look even more inept against Dwight. You guys need to stop.
    Quoted for feasibility and sense.


  12. #42
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Having said the above, I've still got to say that using our bench more and freeing AR are 2 things I would like to see happen. I also think that Gallo is being overused with Williams on the bench and Chandler at the 4.

    As poor as the Gov and Randolph have been, it can't be left unsaid that every player in our starting 5 had a bad start to the season but eventually came around.

  13. #43
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Question Mark

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    The coach thinks he can run a short rotation all the way thru the season. He will wear them out. What will happen if Stat goes down? He cant even use his bench because he dosen't know how to coach to players strength...It's not like we have a bench load of garbage. He rather hold onto his talent lacking Godson instead of upgrading. He plays a man 2 man defense with way too many double teaming around the arch. Wilson, Turiuf, Stat, should stay around the basket and paint...not assist on doubles...that crap always expose us to easy baskets in the paint. This coach is stubborn, arrogant and extremely overrated. Why in the hell do we need to find him specific players...I thought this game was about the Ballers...not the coach. He just can't adapt and will always blame others for his shortcomings.

    If he would spend more time learning how to coach and designing plays for his roster instead of being on TV running his mouth all the time...he might just figure it out.


    The only guy on our team that's playing an exorbitant amount of minutes is Felt, who's getting 39.0 per. We know we need a backup, but I wouldn't really worry about Felt that much because this is the first season he's really played big minutes (his average mpg for his career is around 35) and he was in fantastically good condition coming into the season.

    Amare's minutes are normal, if not conservative for franchise player w help like he has, @ 37.7 mpg. I think D'ant is being careful of not wearing him down. And remember Amare came to camp in phenomenal shape aswell. His minutes are lower than Pau Gasol's (38.1) and Durant's (39.1). I could see Amare's minutes being a big deal if he was averaging like 41 or something like that, but he isn't. Gallo and Chandler both play around 35 per. So this "wearing players down" complaint really isn't valid.

    On the defense, I think all of the rotating and switching can be effective w time and repetition. This type of D is right for getting just enough stops thruout a game, but there has to be a high level of commitment from the players along w consistency. They're just not there yet. The defense has looked somewhat better imo. I think they will get better and more comfortable w what's being asked of them as they get more experience w the schemes.

    Why all of the frustration w coach? You didn't really expect us to beat Orlando did you?? You have to be realistic. We're not built to handle a team like that yet..
    My thing is, w the team the way it is now, in games against the better teams I always have a little hope, but I try to keep my expectations low. That way I'm not too hurt and irrational if we lose.

    Right now we're right where we're supposed to be, better infact.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Jan 02, 2011 at 05:40.

  14. #44
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    My dad said he heard Marcus Camby can be had, and all it would cost is Eddy Curry's contract...

    If we can get Camby in here to play D and hopefully teach Mozgov and Randolph something, we HAVE to do it. No excuse for not doing it, if we can get Camby for Curry straight up.

  15. #45
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Yeah...But nah

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    My dad said he heard Marcus Camby can be had, and all it would cost is Eddy Curry's contract...

    If we can get Camby in here to play D and hopefully teach Mozgov and Randolph something, we HAVE to do it. No excuse for not doing it, if we can get Camby for Curry straight up.
    $9M next year, 37 years old next year, goodbye flexibility.....

    I'm a huge Camby fan, but I don't know if he's worth the immediate fix as opposed to a fix for the next 2-3 seasons.
    Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Jan 02, 2011 at 01:51. Reason: raging boner

Similar Threads

  1. Can We Win w/ D'Antoni
    By BleedOrange&Blue in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: Nov 27, 2011, 14:33
  2. Is Mike D serious???
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2010, 01:07
  3. Mike D'Antoni The Meter Is Running
    By KNICKMATIC809 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: Apr 28, 2010, 20:25
  4. Energy! The #1 Excuse For Mike D
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Feb 09, 2010, 19:07
  5. Mike D
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 01, 2009, 20:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •