Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 107

Thread: Mike D has to go

  1. #61
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by GeseStark
    Man this is why I don't come to this forum no more..I love rady.
    But why is it, That when people think the knicks should get better. You're either an idiot. Or your a racist. or a bandwagon fan ? as Fans we should be able to say whatever we want. I got into It with someone on this Forum as well just about 1 week ago. Just because I want to see the knicks Improve, and why not. I've been a knick fan for about 25 years. Season ticket holder and it should be My right as a fan to be upset or happy. At the end of the day we are all are Knicks fans who just want to see them do well. And hopefully one day Get like miami or The Lakers. We have to Stop being so sensitive. It is a fans right to either be Happy or just content. We have Improve, But we Still need to get alot better.

    Like I said , I no longer post here to much because some of you are very rude. And in other forums I go to , You could voice your opinions and No one Get's upset or outta hand. Like I said at the End of the day we are all rooting for the same team...Right ?
    +1

    Gangs in New york lotta soft *****s signed up-Jadakiss

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by GeseStark
    Man this is why I don't come to this forum no more..I love rady.
    But why is it, That when people think the knicks should get better. You're either an idiot. Or your a racist. or a bandwagon fan ? as Fans we should be able to say whatever we want. I got into It with someone on this Forum as well just about 1 week ago. Just because I want to see the knicks Improve, and why not. I've been a knick fan for about 25 years. Season ticket holder and it should be My right as a fan to be upset or happy. At the end of the day we are all are Knicks fans who just want to see them do well. And hopefully one day Get like miami or The Lakers. We have to Stop being so sensitive. It is a fans right to either be Happy or just content. We have Improve, But we Still need to get alot better.

    Like I said , I no longer post here to much because some of you are very rude. And in other forums I go to , You could voice your opinions and No one Get's upset or outta hand. Like I said at the End of the day we are all rooting for the same team...Right ?
    Your Right it's Cool. I can agree with that. Definitely not Bandwagon fan.Like some might say, I just have my own opinions like everyone else Like you said is our right as Fans. Good Post. alright.
    .

  3. #63
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    It's amazing because the Knicks are good for the first time in nearly a decade and we still have flame wars on this forum about Starbury

  4. #64
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    It kills me to say this, but he cant coach. If a player doesn't have any offensive value he is relegated to the bench. There is no other way to explain it. The last to games we get ABSOLUTELY mauled in the paint. But he keeps two 7 footers on the bench. Why Mike Why? Is there anyone in the media even asking these questions. The least the guys can do is foul Dwight he shots 50% from the line. There are other parts of basketball that I'm sure Moz and Randolph can help this out with other than scoring. Horrible coaching...
    I addressed this in another thread but here is part of what I wrote:
    We are not seeing AR and Moz playing because they are extreme liabilities on the court right now. Moz gets a foul just walking onto the court and AR is out of control when he gets playing time. Mozs inability to adapt to the NBA causes him to disrupt the Knicks game; kills momentum and sends the other team to the foul line. AR is just bouncing off the walls when he gets on the court! I know Mike D concentrates on him in practice but AR is struggling. If the Knicks want to burn this season as well, they could just let AR and Moz play and try to see if they can work out their issues on the court.... Do we want that?
    A player can have all sorts of talent but if they can not fit into a system or a a city stresses them out.... What good are they to us? They have more trade value than playing value for us... I'm sure Mike D would love a 7 ft player with his athleticism and talent; but if that can't be realized with the Knicks than he needs to be moved.

  5. #65
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    I addressed this in another thread but here is part of what I wrote:
    We are not seeing AR and Moz playing because they are extreme liabilities on the court right now. Moz gets a foul just walking onto the court and AR is out of control when he gets playing time. Mozs inability to adapt to the NBA causes him to disrupt the Knicks game; kills momentum and sends the other team to the foul line. AR is just bouncing off the walls when he gets on the court! I know Mike D concentrates on him in practice but AR is struggling. If the Knicks want to burn this season as well, they could just let AR and Moz play and try to see if they can work out their issues on the court.... Do we want that?
    A player can have all sorts of talent but if they can not fit into a system or a a city stresses them out.... What good are they to us? They have more trade value than playing value for us... I'm sure Mike D would love a 7 ft player with his athleticism and talent; but if that can't be realized with the Knicks than he needs to be moved.
    Here is my reply in the other thread:

    Extreme liabilities? Or extreme offensive liabilities? Look no one is saying Moz is the next Ewing or that AR is the next Oakley, but I'm sure they can offer this team something to help them win. But, I'm sure you Mike D fans cant/wont see this because Mike D cant see it himself.

    When I look at what Jordan Hill and Milliecec (sp) are doing now compared to what they did under Mike D it's ludicrious. Again, neither is an allstar, but they are making contributions. I dont think AR and Moz upset the overall game plan. Just the offensive game plan. Wouldnt you agree?

    Would you say that Turiaf also disrupts the Knicks OFFENSIVE game plan? Yet looking at yesterdays game we wouldnt have won without him. Why not utililze a players strengths instead of admonishing him for his weaknesses? Hill and Darko are getting better every game they play. I'm sure giving AR and Moz playing time would have the same affect.

    I think you want to tie this playing time into Knick wins. Which I think is incorrect. The Knicks right now are beating the teams they should, but losing to the so called elite teams. These losses are basically because of defense and rebounding. Why not utilize these 7 footers to see if they can make up the difference, or at least decrease the difference? Seems logical to me.

  6. #66
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Here is my reply in the other thread:

    Extreme liabilities? Or extreme offensive liabilities? Look no one is saying Moz is the next Ewing or that AR is the next Oakley, but I'm sure they can offer this team something to help them win. But, I'm sure you Mike D fans cant/wont see this because Mike D cant see it himself.

    When I look at what Jordan Hill and Milliecec (sp) are doing now compared to what they did under Mike D it's ludicrious. Again, neither is an allstar, but they are making contributions. I dont think AR and Moz upset the overall game plan. Just the offensive game plan. Wouldnt you agree?

    Would you say that Turiaf also disrupts the Knicks OFFENSIVE game plan? Yet looking at yesterdays game we wouldnt have won without him. Why not utililze a players strengths instead of admonishing him for his weaknesses? Hill and Darko are getting better every game they play. I'm sure giving AR and Moz playing time would have the same affect.

    I think you want to tie this playing time into Knick wins. Which I think is incorrect. The Knicks right now are beating the teams they should, but losing to the so called elite teams. These losses are basically because of defense and rebounding. Why not utilize these 7 footers to see if they can make up the difference, or at least decrease the difference? Seems logical to me.

    Moz and AR, in my estimation are BOTH offensive and defensive liabilities. This is why they don't play. They're both extremely foul prone, which is a defensive issue. You simply can't have guys on the court that are gonna be constantly sending catz to the line. I don't blame Mike D for not giving them minutes for this reason alone.

    On offense they don't play because they don't understand the flow, ie where the ball needs to move. AR is particularly bad in this area. It doesn't help that when he's in he always looks for his own shot, further killing said flow.

    Both are turnover prone. Moz has a shown propensity for dropping passes that would lead to easy layins. AR is a walking turnover waiting to happen. He's an Apple turnover, sry i'm really hungry right now.

    And, your wrong about Turiaf. He izn't an offensive liability at all. When he's in he moves the ball. He knows where it needs to go. He sets good screens. And when he gets a pass inside he actually catches the ball and can finish/draw a foul/both. On defense, well he's boss.. You should know this atleast-- 10 rebounds and 6 blocks yesterday.. You're wrong about all three players dude.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Jan 03, 2011 at 14:01.

  7. #67
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Here is my reply in the other thread:

    Extreme liabilities? Or extreme offensive liabilities? Look no one is saying Moz is the next Ewing or that AR is the next Oakley, but I'm sure they can offer this team something to help them win. But, I'm sure you Mike D fans cant/wont see this because Mike D cant see it himself.

    When I look at what Jordan Hill and Milliecec (sp) are doing now compared to what they did under Mike D it's ludicrious. Again, neither is an allstar, but they are making contributions. I dont think AR and Moz upset the overall game plan. Just the offensive game plan. Wouldnt you agree?

    Would you say that Turiaf also disrupts the Knicks OFFENSIVE game plan? Yet looking at yesterdays game we wouldnt have won without him. Why not utililze a players strengths instead of admonishing him for his weaknesses? Hill and Darko are getting better every game they play. I'm sure giving AR and Moz playing time would have the same affect.

    I think you want to tie this playing time into Knick wins. Which I think is incorrect. The Knicks right now are beating the teams they should, but losing to the so called elite teams. These losses are basically because of defense and rebounding. Why not utilize these 7 footers to see if they can make up the difference, or at least decrease the difference? Seems logical to me.
    You don't think Mike D'Antoni and Walsh thought they saw these qualities in them; especially in AR since they specifically worked out a deal for him? Also, Turiaf blows your theory out of the water since his offense in anemic! The tag on AR all along has been "potential". He has shown that he is extremely athletic for his height and can be very explosive. The problem is that when he is on the court, he is very unstructured and not very savvy; more like a raw talent.
    You guys call us Mike D fans in a "sarcastic way" but the reality is that they targeted AR and wanted what he has shown flashes of with GS; but they also want to have a wining season. If they continued to play both AR and Moz and their troubles and short comings caused us crucial games... You same guys would be screaming for D'Antoni's head. His bad coaching decision to stay with guys that were not working... Did anyone notice that when they removed both from the rotation we started wining???
    Also, just because AR is 7 foot doesn't mean he can be affective in the low post... I mean he's what, 200 pounds???? He's probably more of a 3 than anything else and we have a more rounded player there already. If Turiaf was able to affectively play more time, his sweet spot is around 20 minutes a game, then they would have him on the court more. We need someone who can stay on the floor for major minutes and in consistent more than dominate.

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Here is my reply in the other thread:

    Extreme liabilities? Or extreme offensive liabilities? Look no one is saying Moz is the next Ewing or that AR is the next Oakley, but I'm sure they can offer this team something to help them win. But, I'm sure you Mike D fans cant/wont see this because Mike D cant see it himself.

    When I look at what Jordan Hill and Milliecec (sp) are doing now compared to what they did under Mike D it's ludicrious. Again, neither is an allstar, but they are making contributions. I dont think AR and Moz upset the overall game plan. Just the offensive game plan. Wouldnt you agree?

    Would you say that Turiaf also disrupts the Knicks OFFENSIVE game plan? Yet looking at yesterdays game we wouldnt have won without him. Why not utililze a players strengths instead of admonishing him for his weaknesses? Hill and Darko are getting better every game they play. I'm sure giving AR and Moz playing time would have the same affect.

    I think you want to tie this playing time into Knick wins. Which I think is incorrect. The Knicks right now are beating the teams they should, but losing to the so called elite teams. These losses are basically because of defense and rebounding. Why not utilize these 7 footers to see if they can make up the difference, or at least decrease the difference? Seems logical to me.
    Mozgov averages 1 foul every five minutes. That is disruptive on the defensive and offensive side of the court. To put in perspective STAT averages 1 per 10 minutes.

  9. #69
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Coach him up and he'll be fine. This guy is not totally useless like Mike D wants you to believe. Just like Darko and Jordan hill werent. When are we as fans going to stop making excuses for Mike D on why he doesnt use this big or that one? You have two instances right in front of your face telling you Mike D was wrong. I'd bet my house he's wrong about AR and Moz...

  10. #70
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    dantoni is one of the worst coaches ive ever seen.

    INCREDIBLY overrated, terrible at drawing up plays, and is about as stubborn a fkn mule as Brown is/was...

    But atleast Brown coached/es defense...

    I'd rather LOSE some offense to get much better defense anyway.

    Send Gallo's frail injury prone ass outta here, let Randolph play more, who is a good rebounder and defender...

    Let's Mike Brown in here, or shiyt SOMEBODY. It's about time we started the no layup rule again...

    And as wussy as the league is nowadays, i don't care. I WANNA SEE BODIES HITTING THE FLOOR NOW!

  11. #71
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by legend33
    dantoni is one of the worst coaches ive ever seen.

    INCREDIBLY overrated, terrible at drawing up plays, and is about as stubborn a fkn mule as Brown is/was...

    But atleast Brown coached/es defense...

    I'd rather LOSE some offense to get much better defense anyway.

    Send Gallo's frail injury prone ass outta here, let Randolph play more, who is a good rebounder and defender...

    Let's Mike Brown in here, or shiyt SOMEBODY. It's about time we started the no layup rule again...

    And as wussy as the league is nowadays, i don't care. I WANNA SEE BODIES HITTING THE FLOOR NOW!


    U sound like your are from Real Gm lol another Randolph homer

    Gallo>>>> Randolph any day of the weak
    Gallo gets what he has to do to become better and in that Pacers game he was showing us a full arsenal getting to the line posting up savvy lay ups. Randoplh = knuckle head

  12. #72
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by legend33
    dantoni is one of the worst coaches ive ever seen.

    INCREDIBLY overrated, terrible at drawing up plays, and is about as stubborn a fkn mule as Brown is/was...

    But atleast Brown coached/es defense...

    I'd rather LOSE some offense to get much better defense anyway.

    Send Gallo's frail injury prone ass outta here, let Randolph play more, who is a good rebounder and defender...

    Let's Mike Brown in here, or shiyt SOMEBODY. It's about time we started the no layup rule again...

    And as wussy as the league is nowadays, i don't care. I WANNA SEE BODIES HITTING THE FLOOR NOW!
    This style has now finally come to fruition and we are starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. We have been tanking seasons to get to this point so to make fundamental changes would be counter productive; you make subtle changes and complimentary additions. Every interview with Walsh that I have heard or read has had the same message; backup point guard and a much needed big..... As well as Melo if we can work out a fair deal and not a fleecing of the Knicks to get him. I've also read from the rumor mills that everything points to the Knicks getting Iggy by the trade deadline if Melo falls through... Of course there are the locally driven sports writer created rumors like the Knicks are in trade talks with Orlando to send Turiaf for Duhon.... I might believe that if Isiah was GM but Walsh contemplating that trade?????? Please!!!

    So Legend33, I think the Knicks brass does want to sure up the defense, especially getting better on the boards and getting "longer" in the paint. They want to make sure that they address this with out affecting the current format.

  13. #73
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    This style has now finally come to fruition and we are starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. We have been tanking seasons to get to this point so to make fundamental changes would be counter productive; you make subtle changes and complimentary additions. Every interview with Walsh that I have heard or read has had the same message; backup point guard and a much needed big..... As well as Melo if we can work out a fair deal and not a fleecing of the Knicks to get him. I've also read from the rumor mills that everything points to the Knicks getting Iggy by the trade deadline if Melo falls through... Of course there are the locally driven sports writer created rumors like the Knicks are in trade talks with Orlando to send Turiaf for Duhon.... I might believe that if Isiah was GM but Walsh contemplating that trade?????? Please!!!

    So Legend33, I think the Knicks brass does want to sure up the defense, especially getting better on the boards and getting "longer" in the paint. They want to make sure that they address this with out affecting the current format.
    Please tell me what about this don't you understand:
    Moz & AR aren't anymore liabilities than Turriaf or Williams.
    In MDA's system sure they may look lost but that's more of a reflection of this system than their talents.

    Face it, these are players that MANY other coaches can find a use for ala Nate & Jordan.

    Its a simple issue... This coach does not value fundamentals. All phases of the game must be played well to compete, not just offense. Without value on bigs, defense and the like, you will be limited which we are.

    If the bigs we acquire(d) are liabilities, then this is a direct reflection on the coach. And for some reason the majority of bigs we have (had) could not warrant playing time. This forces me to conclude that its not the players but the coach and system. And if that's the case, then we can also conclude that any big player that "fits" this system will not have the fundamental skills (defense, low post presence) needed to make it to the next level.

    If MDA thinks we can get by with 7-8 rotations, again we will lack the players, skills needed to go to the next level. Either way, sure while I'm happy we have improved, the writing is on the wall.

    It says: Without the proper valuation and implementation of size and defense, scoring will take you only so far. And that's what we've witnessed to this point right? Yeah exciting, yeah improved, and yeah come playoff time, worn down, undersized and a 1st-2nd round victim.

    A good coach implements strategy in all phases of the game. He has multiple strategies to attack the opposition in any situation. He learns and adapts to beat teams in multiple ways in multiple phases. He makes players better and puts them in a pos. to win. Along with more intangibles.

    MDA is limited. If things don't fall perfectly into place, he has no options. If the players aren't perfectly suited to his flawed system, he has no options. The players available to fit his system... are already on our team, and we've succeeded to improve yet still have flaws easily exposed.

    There is only one answer (to those who already see what the future brings based on our stats and performace)... learn to value and implement bigs or you will develop a false sense of security and false hope only to be mauled by more fundamentally sound teams and coaches.

    *and we lead the NBA in blocks because we let everyone into the paint.

  14. #74
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Please tell me what about this don't you understand:
    Moz & AR aren't anymore liabilities than Turriaf or Williams.
    In MDA's system sure they may look lost but that's more of a reflection of this system than their talents.

    Face it, these are players that MANY other coaches can find a use for ala Nate & Jordan.

    Its a simple issue... This coach does not value fundamentals. All phases of the game must be played well to compete, not just offense. Without value on bigs, defense and the like, you will be limited which we are.

    If the bigs we acquire(d) are liabilities, then this is a direct reflection on the coach. And for some reason the majority of bigs we have (had) could not warrant playing time. This forces me to conclude that its not the players but the coach and system. And if that's the case, then we can also conclude that any big player that "fits" this system will not have the fundamental skills (defense, low post presence) needed to make it to the next level.

    If MDA thinks we can get by with 7-8 rotations, again we will lack the players, skills needed to go to the next level. Either way, sure while I'm happy we have improved, the writing is on the wall.

    It says: Without the proper valuation and implementation of size and defense, scoring will take you only so far. And that's what we've witnessed to this point right? Yeah exciting, yeah improved, and yeah come playoff time, worn down, undersized and a 1st-2nd round victim.

    A good coach implements strategy in all phases of the game. He has multiple strategies to attack the opposition in any situation. He learns and adapts to beat teams in multiple ways in multiple phases. He makes players better and puts them in a pos. to win. Along with more intangibles.

    MDA is limited. If things don't fall perfectly into place, he has no options. If the players aren't perfectly suited to his flawed system, he has no options. The players available to fit his system... are already on our team, and we've succeeded to improve yet still have flaws easily exposed.

    There is only one answer (to those who already see what the future brings based on our stats and performace)... learn to value and implement bigs or you will develop a false sense of security and false hope only to be mauled by more fundamentally sound teams and coaches.

    *and we lead the NBA in blocks because we let everyone into the paint.
    The more I tried to highlight stuff the more I realized I would just need to put the entire post in bold.

    +1 and as soon as I give someone else a rep point I might have yo give you another one. This was an excellent post.

  15. #75
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I especially love the part with the bigger font...that's exactly what I was talking about with coach Pops. The Spurs went from a perennial defensive juggernaut to the best record, so far, in the league with an uptempo "get it and go" style offense...and I'm told that's because they have 3 really good veteran players?

    While I'm sure that plays a role in it....Popovich still had make the assessment of his roster and chose to change the team's DNA based on what he had....that has very little to do with "veteran leadership"...that's the coach.....coaching.

    But meanwhile Mike D can't figure out a way to implement AR or Moz into the game to put them in positions to have success? And that's ok because of what exactly?

Similar Threads

  1. Can We Win w/ D'Antoni
    By BleedOrange&Blue in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: Nov 27, 2011, 13:33
  2. Is Mike D serious???
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2010, 00:07
  3. Mike D'Antoni The Meter Is Running
    By KNICKMATIC809 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: Apr 28, 2010, 19:25
  4. Energy! The #1 Excuse For Mike D
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Feb 09, 2010, 18:07
  5. Mike D
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 01, 2009, 19:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •