Turiaf scored 2 pts.. Did he help us beat Indy???

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I don't really understand why this is an attack on D'antoni?

If Turiaf is a dud in the offense but is getting very significant playing time and being used effectively doesn't that mean that D'antoni knows HOW to use the big man? He's got 2 points yet D'antoni lets him play, so clearly it's not ALL about offense for D'ant. He would play him more if the guy wasn't an injury waiting to happen.

But in the mean time, Chandler has been pretty effective as a starting 4, but again he is playing out of position and against big power house teams like the lakers this small lineup is going to be ineffective.

Some people here seem to think that playing Mozgov or AR will help. Some would rather we took away minutes form players who are playing well and cohesively and giving us WINS, bringing us to the playoffs, and give them to our youngest, turnover prone low basketball IQ rookies...

Ok so D'antoni, Walsh, Management, the players themselves, the fan base and the analysts have all stated "Playoffs or BUST" yet some people here want us to give up easy buckets, take poor shots, disrupt the offensive flow, give teams fouls and free baskets.... for what? So AR, a throw in on the D.Lee trade, can get some burn and possibly injure himself to ruin any trade potential? Or so that Mozgov can go out there, foul out while cloging the lane and turning over the ball on offense?

AR and Moz get what they earn in practice. And when they get those minutes they should turn in a much better performance. Then we can play them more regularly. Until they prove they can be effective there is no reason to give them a lot of burn in a year when we are trying to make the playoffs.

Thank you!

Ponder, this is what I've been trying to explain to that nitwit clydeandthepearl.. You are a rational man. Respect.

Blas

Benchwarmer
Thank you!

Ponder, this is what I've been trying to explain to that nitwit clydeandthepearl.. You are a rational man. Respect.

Ron,

You are arguing with someone who started two threads to post his same posts on both threads to make his point. To me someone who goes that far to make his point shows he is pretty well entrenched in it and there is NO use arguing it.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Ron,

You are arguing with someone who started two threads to post his same posts on both threads to make his point. To me someone who goes that far to make his point shows he is pretty well entrenched in it and there is NO use arguing it.

true that.

I don't really understand why this is an attack on D'antoni?

If Turiaf is a dud in the offense but is getting very significant playing time and being used effectively doesn't that mean that D'antoni knows HOW to use the big man? He's got 2 points yet D'antoni lets him play, so clearly it's not ALL about offense for D'ant. He would play him more if the guy wasn't an injury waiting to happen.

The reason I attack Mike D as you say is because he has better options to play the bigs we are going to face. Chandler has been playing great. But unless we defend and rebound better our playoff experience is going to be very short.

Some people here seem to think that playing Mozgov or AR will help. Some would rather we took away minutes form players who are playing well and cohesively and giving us WINS, bringing us to the playoffs, and give them to our youngest, turnover prone low basketball IQ rookies...

Its all good that some players are playing well. But if we can get our bigs to play better it will translate to more wins. It will translate to lasting longer in the playoffs,

AR and Moz get what they earn in practice. And when they get those minutes they should turn in a much better performance. Then we can play them more regularly. Until they prove they can be effective there is no reason to give them a lot of burn in a year when we are trying to make the playoffs.

How can they earn playing time in practice when they dont fit Mike D's offensive scheme? I dont understand why you guys cant see this.

Ron,

Yea you're right. I believe what I see. Not what everyone else wants me to believe. I wish most of us did the same...

Kiyaman

Legend
YES!!! This is all I'm trying to point out to some of you Mike D fans. Players can effect a game other than offensively. Players dont have to score in order to make huge contributions to a win. The game Turiaf had today is proof positive of this.

Damn! CP3..... u started the 2011 year off with the BEST Knick-thread (Topic)
in over 20 Knick Forums. BIG PROPS!!!
:thumbsup: :beer:
The Knicks number #1 reason for all these WINS in the 2010-11 season is
the "DEFENSIVE" players in our rotation (4-D-up players), starting with
our strong rough-neck bigman Mr.Turiaf, he plays bigger than Shaq.
Although, he cant make a layup to save his life so he passes to an open-man
(knowing his weakness and strength).
Having Mr.Turiaf strong arm defense at PF next to SF-Wilson Chandler
inside/outside defense make us ledgit. But it dont stop there.
We have an awesome hard working hustling rookie that knows how to go
through screens/picks better than the average NBA player, future all-star
status is written around G/F-Landry Fields rookie performance.
And it dont stop there.
Our 2nd season steal of the 2009 draft class PG-Toney Douglas relentless
defense have been signing autograph of "defensive-havoc" on the ball of
every starting PG he defend with 6 minutes left in the 1st quarter.

These 4-Defensive Players (above) have been giving us Knick-Fans
consistent defense for 4 quarters of each game, their top performance
rely on the tandem of "Felton & Amare", and the peremeter shooting
of "Gallo & S.Williams" to cover the majority of the Knicks scoring.
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:
The defensive-effort has been rubbing-off on other nondefensive players...

Kiyaman

Legend
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
Not trying to get into a dick swinging contest with you ronoranina, but I've forgotten more about BBall than you'll ever know.

Based on your philosphy when STAT was averaging 7 T O's a game (he's still over 4) he should have been benched. Nah I dont think so. Does Moz get into foul trouble a bit too much? Possibly? But. IMHO he's being targeted by the refs. Many of his foull calls are of the ticky tack variety. I've seen this kid develop. In preseason he had a problem with moving screens. Got coached up now you rarely see that called on him (when he actually plays). The only solution for this is to let him play and let the refs see he's game more, and coach him up.

As far as AR I thought it was shot selection? Funny that a coach that wants shots to go up in 7 secs or less has a problem with a players shot selection. The problem is AR doesnt have a midrange jumper of note. If he did he'd be playing. It doesnt matter that defensively he could lock down a bunch of small forwards in this league. It doesnt matter that if you get him closer to the rim his shooting % goes up DRASTICALLY. If he cant run the offense to COACHES liking he's benched.

Whats funny Gallo (although I admit he's improving) couldnt defend my 12 year old neice. But because he's the BEST SHOOTER our coach has ever seen he gets 35 mins a night. You wanna look at flaws? Lets look at Gallos. He's weak. Cant take it to the rim consistently. No handle. Cant defend. Cant shoot off the dribble. Has no left hand. Inside game is NON-EXISTENT. Yet coach extols his limited game. But offensively he fits what Mike D wants to do. Like I said in another post defense is 50% of basketball.

In the future when you come at me make sure its real. Nitpicking at a players flaws doesnt make that player totally useless to that team.

Basically we need a new coach...

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Well put post mentioning facts and logic of the Knicks early season.
Gallo wouldve developed alot better for this season if he was treated last season the same way 6.9 Shawn Williams is being treated into the rotation.
Gallo had the chance to be the Knicks deadly shooter off the bench last season developing his own style vs oponents bench-players mistakes and success.

C-Mozgov & PF-Anthony Randolph shouldve been tandem together the first day of our "training-camp" to work with each other in posting up down-low and defending the paint. The problem is Dantoni's (or rather Nash) offense never had a low-post player that can score with his back to the basket (Nash timing was always off with Shaq, under coach Dantoni, Porter, and Gentry). Our offensive-plays are always to wide-open which does clear the paint area for cutters & slashers to the hoop however, we dont have a great passer like "Nash" to hit an open cutter or slasher so Amare, Chandler, Gallo, and Fields have to dribble the ball through oponents to score in the paint. Something we do not want AR & Mozgov doing (puting the ball on the floor), this is why Mozgov & AR were force to take jump shots to show they can score too.
We have a Euro-League headcoach that is clueless of the 60 years of NBA & NCAA inside bigman game. This is why our 1990's USA Dream-Team with Ewing/ Karl Malone/ Mchale/ and Barkley beat every team by 40+ points.

No, dummy, I think they have to not be foul machines (which they are at this point) in order to play against bigs in the league.

Shit Williams is what, 6'9 and an average defender. But you don't hear me complaining about him and coach plays em because he doesn't foul guys incessantly. It helps that he can shoot too, but thas besides the point.
It's as I said the reason Moz and AR don't play is because of fouls and to's.
And, as others have pointed out more recently, AR is more facked because he can't shoot consistently.
Let's see if I can get you to understand from a different angle. If AR remained offensively challenged as he is w his bad shot selection and bad shooting, but he kept his to's low, understood the flow of the offense and could play good d & rebound w out fouling. I think Mike D would have no choice but to play him. Making sense??
AR is not there yet w respect to the above areas. If and when he can be trusted he'll play. Same for Moz..

P.S. in the future no-mater how well a posters argument or debate
with u are tempting for a response, u must remember how the poster
identify u (out of your character).
If a poster Identify u with negative name-calling, everything he/she writes
should become manute to disrespect not worthy of a response.
u responding back to the poster adding more negative (name-callin),
when u have so many other (positive) posters u can respond with

I like Ronoranina b.ball knowledge, but his character to insult people
when not face to face, insults his own character as "two-face"...

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Well put post mentioning facts and logic of the Knicks early season.
Gallo wouldve developed alot better for this season if he was treated last season the same way 6.9 Shawn Williams is being treated into the rotation.
Gallo had the chance to be the Knicks deadly shooter off the bench last season developing his own style vs oponents bench-players mistakes and success.

C-Mozgov & PF-Anthony Randolph shouldve been tandem together the first day of our "training-camp" to work with each other in posting up down-low and defending the paint. The problem is Dantoni's (or rather Nash) offense never had a low-post player that can score with his back to the basket (Nash timing was always off with Shaq, under coach Dantoni, Porter, and Gentry). Our offensive-plays are always to wide-open which does clear the paint area for cutters & slashers to the hoop however, we dont have a great passer like "Nash" to hit an open cutter or slasher so Amare, Chandler, Gallo, and Fields have to dribble the ball through oponents to score in the paint. Something we do not want AR & Mozgov doing (puting the ball on the floor), this is why Mozgov & AR were force to take jump shots to show they can score too.
We have a Euro-League headcoach that is clueless of the 60 years of NBA & NCAA inside bigman game. This is why our 1990's USA Dream-Team with Ewing/ Karl Malone/ Mchale/ and Barkley beat every team by 40+ points.

P.S. in the future no-mater how well a posters argument or debate
with u are tempting for a response, u must remember how the poster
identify u (out of your character).
If a poster Identify u with negative name-calling, everything he/she writes
should become manute to disrespect not worthy of a response.
u responding back to the poster adding more negative (name-callin),
when u have so many other (positive) posters u can respond with

I like Ronoranina b.ball knowledge, but his character to insult people
when not face to face, insults his own character as "two-face"...

Did you read all of his responses to me?

This dude was insulting me left and right.. I don't have the right to give a little back??

Kiya, I've come to respect your love for this team and I look foward to your posts more lately. But you don't really have the right to judge me. You don't kno me homie.

Yes, I can be a positive respectful type dude, but when people get mad defensive and start spewing insults because I call them out for saying something dumb, that rubs me the wrong way a little and comes out like you quoted above..

I see what your saying. I can be a prick sometimes, but can't we all..

I mean, to call me "Two faced" is a little strong and I think your actually even misusing the characterization. In talking about what I and other posters do here on the forum, not a day goes by that someone doesn't insult a fellow poster while not being face to face w them. Why the need all of a sudden to single me out?

This dude was insulting me left and right.. I don't have the right to give a little back??

Kiya, I've come to respect your love for this team and I look foward to your posts more lately. But you don't really have the right to judge me. You don't kno me homie.

Yes, I can be a positive respectful type dude, but when people get mad defensive and start spewing insults because I call them out for saying something dumb, that rubs me the wrong way a little and comes out like you quoted above..

I mean, to call me "Two faced" is a little strong and I think your actually even misusing the characterization. In talking about what I and other posters do here on the forum, not a day goes by that someone doesn't insult a fellow poster while not being face to face w them. Why the need all of a sudden to single me out?

Nothing gets you glued to the bench faster than inane turnovers and unnecessary fouls. Learn the game Clydeandthepearl.. Your off to bad start on the forum.

This was your very first response to me. Very insulting. I dont generally attack anyone unless attacked first. We all root for the same team. We dont have to insult to get our point across...

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Nothing gets you glued to the bench faster than inane turnovers and unnecessary fouls. Learn the game Clydeandthepearl.. Your off to bad start on the forum.

This was your very first response to me. Very insulting. I dont generally attack anyone unless attacked first. We all root for the same team. We dont have to insult to get our point across...

Okay, your right I did come at you first.

I apologize for that comment and those subsequent and am willing to squash it if you are..

Kiyaman

Legend

My bad.... Its nothing personal aimed at u, its just certain members
& visitors refuse to comment or add to a topic when they notice the
thread is a two-people chat-line (personal).
I'm sure this is not the first time u two went at it. However,
The topic of this thread.....explains more about the Knicks 20-14 season
then all the thousands of topics in so many Knick-forums this season.
It got our attention.....Turiaf 2 point performance!

I still visit the number #1 insult forum on the web ESPN Knick-Forum,
they are worst than all the "anger-management forums".
What makes that forum so bad is a couple of members been there
insulting other members & visitors since 1998, when I first joined.
Plus the ESPN Knick-forum HATE Kiyaman..... I bashed Layden, then
Isiah, and Walsh first two seasons. And if Walsh dont get rid of Dantoni
after this season ............. but insulting members in a forum is not in my
height & weight...... 6.5 & 245