curry, AR and Azzy for Zach and Tony Allen.. Memphis will look to save for Gasol..

moneyg

Starter
I understand exactley what is going on here. We trade nothing for a player who has way more value right now than anyone you mentioned trading... Also Zach's contract rolls off the books at the end of the year...

Gives us another player that can draw double teams and knock down 10-20 ft jump shots...

Checkmate lol!!!!:gony::beer:

thanks homie...
im wondering if this legend33 person is a 40 year old female from boston that cant find a man to have sex with

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean:

1. Z-Bo has an expiring contract
2. Z-Bo has an expiring contract
3. Z-Bo has an expiring contract

Therefore we can't really lose anything in the short term as long as we keep our assets...

moneyg

Starter
when amare's on the bench.. we lose scoring and our offense looks bad...i wouldnt care if the ball slowed down while he was on the bench and zach was in..

people say the same thing about melo.. but nobody would turn down a curry azzy and AR for melo would you???

so r u sayin that you would rather have curry , azzy and Ar spend the rest of the season on the bench.. or zach to come off the bench for Amare and gives us something??

and toney allen to join TD in the back court when felton and fields sits??

just answer the question.. its a simple as a yes or no...

heck,... im no big fan of zach either.. but this make sense in many ways

im shocked that all cant see.. but i know no matter what moves the knicks make as a team.. u cant please everyone....

pat

Starter
Rebounding is something we desperately need.
True, but you need to do something with the ball after you go the rebound and as far as that is concerned my impression is that he will hurt us in every other category (passing, speed, defense).

moneyg

Starter
True, but you need to do something with the ball after you go the rebound and as far as that is concerned my impression is that he will hurt us in every other category (passing, speed, defense).

Will he help or hurt us in rebounding and scoring in the post when Amare is on the bench?

pat

Starter
Will he help or hurt us in rebounding and scoring in the post when Amare is on the bench?

Rebounding- and scoring-wise he might help us, at least as far as individual stats are concerned. I am not so sure about +/-. Also you don't acquire a player like Zach and only play him when STAT is on the bench. I don't have anything against him as a player. It's just that his style is better suited for a Larry-Brown type offense.

moneyg

Starter
Rebounding- and scoring-wise he might help us, at least as far as individual stats are concerned. I am not so sure about +/-. Also you don't acquire a player like Zach and only play him when STAT is on the bench. I don't have anything against him as a player. It's just that his style is better suited for a Larry-Brown type offense.

so when you say you dont aquire a player like zach to only play him when STAt is on the bench.. what do you mean.. zach has more value than that???

im sure we all thought AR's style was a better fit than Turiaf and now we rather have turiaf starting....so why cant it work with Z bo.... play STAT about 30 minutes a game and give Z bo around 18-20...

we were fallin in luv with rautins ..like we need outside shooters ....versus fields.. right...

we add dept and a rotation player without sacrificing the future for the 3 bumps on a log we have on the bench now...

im sure his plus minus is positive in memphis.. they wouldnt be half the team without him... and thats a fact

pat

Starter
im sure his plus minus is positive in memphis.. they wouldnt be half the team without him... and thats a fact

Yes. In Memphis. We are not Memphis. That's my whole point. This trade makes a lot of sense in a fantasy league. The fact that Turiaf and Fields are getting minutes and Randolph isn't can be explained by their willingness (or lack thereof) to pass the ball. Randolph does not get any minutes because he was disturbing the flow of our offense. I have never seen a player who slows down the pace of an offense as much as Zach does.

moneyg

Starter
Yes. In Memphis. We are not Memphis. That's my whole point. This trade makes a lot of sense in a fantasy league. The fact that Turiaf and Fields are getting minutes and Randolph isn't can be explained by their willingness (or lack thereof) to pass the ball. Randolph does not get any minutes because he was disturbing the flow of our offense. I have never seen a player who slows down the pace of an offense as much as Zach does.

hey Pat.. simple question.. would you rather have zach and tony allen or AR , Curry and Azzy riding the bench all season..

i think that a simple enought question to answer but youve been avoiding.. gun to your head.. what would you do??

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
hey Pat.. simple question.. would you rather have zach and tony allen or AR , Curry and Azzy riding the bench all season..

i think that a simple enought question to answer but youve been avoiding.. gun to your head.. what would you do??

False choice since a better trade is another option. First Azzy has the potential to be really good and sure up our perimeter defense. Second, Zach is a black hole defensive liability and redundant on offense. Further there is no reason to lose potential or trade bait just to rent Zach when the his addition does not make us contenders. Bad idea IMHO.

moneyg

Starter
False choice since a better trade is another option. First Azzy has the potential to be really good and sure up our perimeter defense. Second, Zach is a black hole defensive liability and redundant on offense. Further there is no reason to lose potential or trade bait just to rent Zach when the his addition does not make us contenders. Bad idea IMHO.

thats fine.. but i dont think Azzy will ever come back fully and tony Allen and keeping TD would shore up our perimiter defense.. Zach is better trade bait than curry and AR is only valuable at this point to Minny..just the facts..

the only player you can make an argument for is AR, which is stuck on the bench and losing trade valus by the mnute or lack there of..

Azzy by the way is a rental too. and probably wont play a lick this season.. will get the vet min next year if that more likely a non guaranteed contract

moneyg

Starter
That is actually the point: this is not a "gun to the head" situation. We are one the right track and Zach does by no means make us a contender. So: no I D O N ' T want him on the team. Why would you mess with the team's chemistry then?

Thanks for illustrating my point.

thats cool... im just not a fan of having uslesss players on my bench.. rather get 10 points and 5 rebounds from somebody else like a zach

i guess we consider all back to the basket players black holes

moneyg

Starter
That is actually the point: this is not a "gun to the head" situation. We are one the right track and Zach does by no means make us a contender. So: no I D O N ' T want him on the team. Why would you mess with the team's chemistry then?

Thanks for illustrating my point.

just pointing out my trade suggestion back then.. now all yall jumpin on zach's and tony allen jock....i wanted this trade.. stull could of used zack to get melo.. but to me.. while i luv amare.. zach is a far better interior force.. stat may be more athletic.. but zach gets it done nite in and nite out

tony allen... defensive player of the year.. would of help us with boston.,..

like i said.. azzy wasnt comin back

and AR is usless to us.. well at least our coach...

dont mean to be cocky....but im tired of being right....sombody prove me wrong

Last edited: