Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Questions I would ask D'Antoni in a press conference

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    5

    Nyk Logo Questions I would ask D'Antoni in a press conference

    1. What do you think the Knicks lack as far as talent? (i.e rebounding, defense, backup point guard, etc)

    2. Could you incorporate a 6'7 small forward who can guard the post and perimeter well but does not have much of an offensive game into your basketball system/philosophy?

    3. What would you consider a successful season for the Knicks? 4/5 seed?

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i'd ask him why in the hell isn't he starting turiaf or mosgov?

    we're CONSISTENTLY getting freakin DESTROYED on the glass mans...

  3. #3
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by legend33
    i'd ask him why in the hell isn't he starting turiaf or mosgov?

    we're CONSISTENTLY getting freakin DESTROYED on the glass mans...
    Have you watched the Knicks at all this season? When Moz was starting they went what was it...3 and 9? Turiaf is physically unable to play more than what he's currently playing and that is about 5 minutes per game too much; that is why is always injured.... Turiaf is a 20 minute per game player.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    Have you watched the Knicks at all this season? When Moz was starting they went what was it...3 and 9? Turiaf is physically unable to play more than what he's currently playing and that is about 5 minutes per game too much; that is why is always injured.... Turiaf is a 20 minute per game player.
    u sound likea lil dicked wimp assh*le man....

    **** is wrong with you, calling my ass out like that lil kiddo?

    ive probably watched almost every game this season kid, we are getting F*CKED IN THE AZZ on the boards...

    Have YOU ****in watched every game little boi? Do you even play basketball? Or are you one of those fans taht talk alotta shiyt but know nothing about real actual basketball?

    lols w/es ur not worth my time, we need mosgov and turiaf more than we need 2 undersized forwards...

  5. #5
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by shaolin
    1. What do you think the Knicks lack as far as talent? (i.e rebounding, defense, backup point guard, etc)

    2. Could you incorporate a 6'7 small forward who can guard the post and perimeter well but does not have much of an offensive game into your basketball system/philosophy?

    3. What would you consider a successful season for the Knicks? 4/5 seed?
    I'd ask him if he knows the NBA lets you play zone defense now.

    I'd also ask him why has has so much disdain for legitimate centers.

  6. #6
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I would ask him what they are teaching/training Randolph (and Moz) so he can get better.

    D'Antoni is notorious for not practicing the starters during the season so he can afford to play them heavy minutes during games.

    So what are they practicing and teaching the guys that are not playing?

  7. #7
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by legend33
    u sound likea lil dicked wimp assh*le man....

    **** is wrong with you, calling my ass out like that lil kiddo?

    ive probably watched almost every game this season kid, we are getting F*CKED IN THE AZZ on the boards...

    Have YOU ****in watched every game little boi? Do you even play basketball? Or are you one of those fans taht talk alotta shiyt but know nothing about real actual basketball?

    lols w/es ur not worth my time, we need mosgov and turiaf more than we need 2 undersized forwards...
    ?????????? Not really sure what you are saying

  8. #8
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by legend33
    u sound likea lil dicked wimp assh*le man....

    **** is wrong with you, calling my ass out like that lil kiddo?

    ive probably watched almost every game this season kid, we are getting F*CKED IN THE AZZ on the boards...

    Have YOU ****in watched every game little boi? Do you even play basketball? Or are you one of those fans taht talk alotta shiyt but know nothing about real actual basketball?

    lols w/es ur not worth my time, we need mosgov and turiaf more than we need 2 undersized forwards...

    buddy

    I get it, your passionate about rebounds, but he didnt call you out lol

    if there is one thing about knocksonline.com , for the veterans of this website; it consists of one factor, and that is if you are going to argue, state facts to support your argument.

    dont just curse people out nonsensically as you previously did towards HTguy

    HTguy stated

    we were in fact 3-8 when mozgof started truth

    and HTguy also stated

    Turiaf cannot play more than 20 minutes a game truth


    both true facts, as to why Mike D wont start either one of them.

    Amare is in the top 6 in the league in blocks, and sadly enough next to landry fields is our most consistent game to game rebounder despite what you think/ turiaf for the minutes he gets is quite inconsistent on the boards, a result of him focusing on help weak side defense altering shots, and not being in position to rebound on a regular possession to possession basis. .

    Mozgof per minute is actually a terrible rebounder, and has poor NBA level timing despite his large frame and athleticism.

    Turiaf could start, but that would give us NOOOO legit back up big man to give amare a breather.

    you would basically be wasting Turiafs minutes next to Amare only to have to sit both of them

    and then who do you bring in to spell your two best big men ?????

    no one


    its the same logic behind why Shaq and Alonzo mourning never started together in Miami.

    you dont start your two best big men together unless you have an equal big man to fill in off the bench

    essentially a really good move by COACH D.


    either way

    LEGEND

    relax dude

    I appreciate your passion and excitement, but the cursing, and down trodding of other posters for no apparent reason other than a logical response is misplaced here.



  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Interesting topic...


    I'd like to ask if he's concerned about wear and tear on our starters (especially Amare) as the season goes on.

    I also want to know why he went small against the Magic/Howard

  10. #10
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by legend33
    u sound likea lil dicked wimp assh*le man....

    **** is wrong with you, calling my ass out like that lil kiddo?

    ive probably watched almost every game this season kid, we are getting F*CKED IN THE AZZ on the boards...

    Have YOU ****in watched every game little boi? Do you even play basketball? Or are you one of those fans taht talk alotta shiyt but know nothing about real actual basketball?

    lols w/es ur not worth my time, we need mosgov and turiaf more than we need 2 undersized forwards...
    Yo chill lil ***** you sound 15 don't come at my son Home he's Og and steady dropping great threads and posts ya ass ain't even make 1/6 the good post he has see that green rep.


    You Rady do me a favor drop a ban on this little *****

  11. #11
    Superstar MSGhobo247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    How do we handle our rebounding problems? (others have brought this up already)

    and

    Do you think we can keep this pace up for the entire season with the amount of minutes played by a small group of players?

  12. #12
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    buddy

    I get it, your passionate about rebounds, but he didnt call you out lol

    if there is one thing about knocksonline.com , for the veterans of this website; it consists of one factor, and that is if you are going to argue, state facts to support your argument.

    dont just curse people out nonsensically as you previously did towards HTguy

    HTguy stated

    we were in fact 3-8 when mozgof started truth

    and HTguy also stated

    Turiaf cannot play more than 20 minutes a game truth


    both true facts, as to why Mike D wont start either one of them.

    Amare is in the top 6 in the league in blocks, and sadly enough next to landry fields is our most consistent game to game rebounder despite what you think/ turiaf for the minutes he gets is quite inconsistent on the boards, a result of him focusing on help weak side defense altering shots, and not being in position to rebound on a regular possession to possession basis. .

    Mozgof per minute is actually a terrible rebounder, and has poor NBA level timing despite his large frame and athleticism.

    Turiaf could start, but that would give us NOOOO legit back up big man to give amare a breather.

    you would basically be wasting Turiafs minutes next to Amare only to have to sit both of them

    and then who do you bring in to spell your two best big men ?????

    no one


    its the same logic behind why Shaq and Alonzo mourning never started together in Miami.

    you dont start your two best big men together unless you have an equal big man to fill in off the bench

    essentially a really good move by COACH D.


    either way

    LEGEND

    relax dude

    I appreciate your passion and excitement, but the cursing, and down trodding of other posters for no apparent reason other than a logical response is misplaced here.


    100% correct about Moz and another point about Turiaf is, he is as good rebounder and he is a prolific shot blocker but not the greatest defender, He has no lateral quickness and is foul prone as well; ends up playing defense with his hands a not his whole body.... That's why 20 minutes is his "sweet spot".

  13. #13
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    1. I'd have to ask to see his play book. Particularly go to 4th quarter plays. Not post up STAT, but some sort of genius concoction that warrants his merit as an O.G - offensive genius. I am still unconvinced that he's ahead of the field in any way from a lot of his counterparts. If it's the case, and he is this O.G, then surely his creativity should allow him to reach deeper in to his bench with the likes of Randolph playing.

    2. His honest views on traditional pivot play.

    3. Why his father named his brother Dan.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    what i cannot understand is that nobody thought the Knicks would be as good as they are at this point in the season. Yet more complaints then ever.

    Everyone question D'Antonio but he seems to have the knicks with a winning record and yes I would call the 6th seed for the playoffs a winning season for us.

    So may people on this board argued about STAT....why do we need him if we could have had david Lee for less ? You all forget so soon........Now STAT is having a break-out year and YES the coach does have something to do with that. Remember the first few games when everyone was down on STAT and the coach for not getting Stat the ball down low....More Complaints.

    The new complaint is we cannot compete with the Elite teams. Well that is correct we cannot. We are missing one more superstar.

    As for Mozgov I had the pleasure of being on the court before the Knicks game and watched the trainer work with him on rebounds...More then a few times the coach would say " Tim you did not see that the ball was going right ?" Tim u did not see the ball was going left " ....This is the samething I say to my 10 year olds that I coach....No knock on TIM but he is not ready...

    People have actually argued about Nate, Hill and Milisc and how well they are now doing......Nate is back to the bench with Rondo healthy avergaring 12 minutes, Hill comes and goes ( look at last night ) and Milisc is on one day off the other.......Thats not what we needed.

    Everyone should appreciate that we have a winning record, as of now heading to the playoffs, have cap room to sign a superstar or 2 quality players, we have Randolph who at anytime we can trade for a first rounder....

  15. #15
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    1. Given your reputation as being an offensive coach, and the use and philosophy of the SSOL (spread P & R), when exactly has this approach been PROVEN to succeed? You seem so adamant about instilling this system, but when has it produced champions?

    2. What don't you see in AR's game that warrants diminished playing time? Besides D12, what CENTER in the league would fit best and warrant playing time?

    3. What do you feel is a better approach: play 7-8 players who lack size, will get worn down, but make the playoffs and be ousted -or- play 9-10 guys, reduce injury/wear, maybe get a lower seed, actually develop bigs for the future, get ousted? What's better?

Similar Threads

  1. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 16:27
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 10:40
  3. NOW Mike D'Antoni doesnt believe in Duhon
    By StreetDreams21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2009, 15:11
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Oct 27, 2009, 21:48
  5. D'antoni in Love with the Big ****
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 10:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •