Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions I would ask D'Antoni in a press conference

Nyk Logo Questions I would ask D'Antoni in a press conference

1. What do you think the Knicks lack as far as talent? (i.e rebounding, defense, backup point guard, etc)

2. Could you incorporate a 6'7 small forward who can guard the post and perimeter well but does not have much of an offensive game into your basketball system/philosophy?

3. What would you consider a successful season for the Knicks? 4/5 seed?

i'd ask him why in the hell isn't he starting turiaf or mosgov?

we're CONSISTENTLY getting freakin DESTROYED on the glass mans...

Originally Posted by legend33
    i'd ask him why in the hell isn't he starting turiaf or mosgov?

we're CONSISTENTLY getting freakin DESTROYED on the glass mans...
    Have you watched the Knicks at all this season? When Moz was starting they went what was it...3 and 9? Turiaf is physically unable to play more than what he's currently playing and that is about 5 minutes per game too much; that is why is always injured.... Turiaf is a 20 minute per game player.

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    Have you watched the Knicks at all this season? When Moz was starting they went what was it...3 and 9? Turiaf is physically unable to play more than what he's currently playing and that is about 5 minutes per game too much; that is why is always injured.... Turiaf is a 20 minute per game player.
    u sound likea lil dicked wimp assh*le man....

**** is wrong with you, calling my ass out like that lil kiddo?

ive probably watched almost every game this season kid, we are getting F*CKED IN THE AZZ on the boards...

Have YOU ****in watched every game little boi? Do you even play basketball? Or are you one of those fans taht talk alotta shiyt but know nothing about real actual basketball?

lols w/es ur not worth my time, we need mosgov and turiaf more than we need 2 undersized forwards...

Originally Posted by shaolin
    1. What do you think the Knicks lack as far as talent? (i.e rebounding, defense, backup point guard, etc)

2. Could you incorporate a 6'7 small forward who can guard the post and perimeter well but does not have much of an offensive game into your basketball system/philosophy?

3. What would you consider a successful season for the Knicks? 4/5 seed?
    I'd ask him if he knows the NBA lets you play zone defense now.

I'd also ask him why has has so much disdain for legitimate centers.

I would ask him what they are teaching/training Randolph (and Moz) so he can get better.

D'Antoni is notorious for not practicing the starters during the season so he can afford to play them heavy minutes during games.

So what are they practicing and teaching the guys that are not playing?

ive probably watched almost every game this season kid, we are getting F*CKED IN THE AZZ on the boards...

Have YOU ****in watched every game little boi? Do you even play basketball? Or are you one of those fans taht talk alotta shiyt but know nothing about real actual basketball?

lols w/es ur not worth my time, we need mosgov and turiaf more than we need 2 undersized forwards...
    ?????????? Not really sure what you are saying

buddy

I get it, your passionate about rebounds, but he didnt call you out lol

if there is one thing about knocksonline.com , for the veterans of this website; it consists of one factor, and that is if you are going to argue, state facts to support your argument.

dont just curse people out nonsensically as you previously did towards HTguy

HTguy stated

we were in fact 3-8 when mozgof started truth

and HTguy also stated

Turiaf cannot play more than 20 minutes a game truth

both true facts, as to why Mike D wont start either one of them.

Amare is in the top 6 in the league in blocks, and sadly enough next to landry fields is our most consistent game to game rebounder despite what you think/ turiaf for the minutes he gets is quite inconsistent on the boards, a result of him focusing on help weak side defense altering shots, and not being in position to rebound on a regular possession to possession basis. .

Mozgof per minute is actually a terrible rebounder, and has poor NBA level timing despite his large frame and athleticism.

Turiaf could start, but that would give us NOOOO legit back up big man to give amare a breather.

you would basically be wasting Turiafs minutes next to Amare only to have to sit both of them

and then who do you bring in to spell your two best big men ?????

no one

its the same logic behind why Shaq and Alonzo mourning never started together in Miami.

you dont start your two best big men together unless you have an equal big man to fill in off the bench

essentially a really good move by COACH D.

either way

LEGEND

relax dude

I appreciate your passion and excitement, but the cursing, and down trodding of other posters for no apparent reason other than a logical response is misplaced here.

Interesting topic...

I'd like to ask if he's concerned about wear and tear on our starters (especially Amare) as the season goes on.

I also want to know why he went small against the Magic/Howard

Yo chill lil ***** you sound 15 don't come at my son Home he's Og and steady dropping great threads and posts ya ass ain't even make 1/6 the good post he has see that green rep.

You Rady do me a favor drop a ban on this little *****

How do we handle our rebounding problems? (others have brought this up already)

and

Do you think we can keep this pace up for the entire season with the amount of minutes played by a small group of players?

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    buddy

I get it, your passionate about rebounds, but he didnt call you out lol

if there is one thing about knocksonline.com , for the veterans of this website; it consists of one factor, and that is if you are going to argue, state facts to support your argument.

dont just curse people out nonsensically as you previously did towards HTguy

HTguy stated

we were in fact 3-8 when mozgof started truth

and HTguy also stated

Turiaf cannot play more than 20 minutes a game truth

both true facts, as to why Mike D wont start either one of them.

Amare is in the top 6 in the league in blocks, and sadly enough next to landry fields is our most consistent game to game rebounder despite what you think/ turiaf for the minutes he gets is quite inconsistent on the boards, a result of him focusing on help weak side defense altering shots, and not being in position to rebound on a regular possession to possession basis. .

Mozgof per minute is actually a terrible rebounder, and has poor NBA level timing despite his large frame and athleticism.

Turiaf could start, but that would give us NOOOO legit back up big man to give amare a breather.

you would basically be wasting Turiafs minutes next to Amare only to have to sit both of them

and then who do you bring in to spell your two best big men ?????

no one

its the same logic behind why Shaq and Alonzo mourning never started together in Miami.

you dont start your two best big men together unless you have an equal big man to fill in off the bench

essentially a really good move by COACH D.

either way

LEGEND

relax dude

I appreciate your passion and excitement, but the cursing, and down trodding of other posters for no apparent reason other than a logical response is misplaced here.

100% correct about Moz and another point about Turiaf is, he is as good rebounder and he is a prolific shot blocker but not the greatest defender, He has no lateral quickness and is foul prone as well; ends up playing defense with his hands a not his whole body.... That's why 20 minutes is his "sweet spot".

1. I'd have to ask to see his play book. Particularly go to 4th quarter plays. Not post up STAT, but some sort of genius concoction that warrants his merit as an O.G - offensive genius. I am still unconvinced that he's ahead of the field in any way from a lot of his counterparts. If it's the case, and he is this O.G, then surely his creativity should allow him to reach deeper in to his bench with the likes of Randolph playing.

2. His honest views on traditional pivot play.

3. Why his father named his brother Dan.

Veteran

what i cannot understand is that nobody thought the Knicks would be as good as they are at this point in the season. Yet more complaints then ever.

Everyone question D'Antonio but he seems to have the knicks with a winning record and yes I would call the 6th seed for the playoffs a winning season for us.

So may people on this board argued about STAT....why do we need him if we could have had david Lee for less ? You all forget so soon........Now STAT is having a break-out year and YES the coach does have something to do with that. Remember the first few games when everyone was down on STAT and the coach for not getting Stat the ball down low....More Complaints.

The new complaint is we cannot compete with the Elite teams. Well that is correct we cannot. We are missing one more superstar.

As for Mozgov I had the pleasure of being on the court before the Knicks game and watched the trainer work with him on rebounds...More then a few times the coach would say " Tim you did not see that the ball was going right ?" Tim u did not see the ball was going left " ....This is the samething I say to my 10 year olds that I coach....No knock on TIM but he is not ready...

People have actually argued about Nate, Hill and Milisc and how well they are now doing......Nate is back to the bench with Rondo healthy avergaring 12 minutes, Hill comes and goes ( look at last night ) and Milisc is on one day off the other.......Thats not what we needed.

Everyone should appreciate that we have a winning record, as of now heading to the playoffs, have cap room to sign a superstar or 2 quality players, we have Randolph who at anytime we can trade for a first rounder....

1. Given your reputation as being an offensive coach, and the use and philosophy of the SSOL (spread P & R), when exactly has this approach been PROVEN to succeed? You seem so adamant about instilling this system, but when has it produced champions?

2. What don't you see in AR's game that warrants diminished playing time? Besides D12, what CENTER in the league would fit best and warrant playing time?

3. What do you feel is a better approach: play 7-8 players who lack size, will get worn down, but make the playoffs and be ousted -or- play 9-10 guys, reduce injury/wear, maybe get a lower seed, actually develop bigs for the future, get ousted? What's better?