Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 120

Thread: San Antonio Sperms vs. New York Knicks: 1-4-11

  1. #91
    Member the portable man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    274
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    woooooooooo beat the best team in the league

    had their whole team tripping over themselves

    spurs got the ass whooping they deserve for running so many pick & rolls


  2. #92
    Member MBlackVJesusP7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Great win by the Knicks! I saw the whole game. We didn't play defense, but damnn they could not stop us. 128 points on the Spurs. That's a huge accomplishment.

  3. #93
    Member BleedOrange&Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Go figure Gallo gets injured and we finally beat an elite team. Anyone notice how well we crashed the boards. Did anyone notice tat Gallo can easily be replaced by Shawne Williams or Bill Walker? Did anyone notice how criminally underrated Wilson Chandler is?

    Trade Gallo and anyone else not name STAT, Felton, Fields or Chandler for a backup point guard and a starting center. If we can improve our rebounding and have a backup for Felton and Amar'e this team can play with anyone as demonstrated by tonight's decisive win against the best team in the league. Amar'e, Felton and Chandler are a big three on the same level as Duncan, Ginobili and Parker. All we need are complimentary players and we will be a contender.

  4. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I have been saying for a while now. Gallo is a weak part of this team now, he isn't a quick enough thinker and slows down the offense. I like 3 big scorers on this team instead of 5 or 6 btw.

  5. #95
    Member JoHnNyBoXeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by johnnyrose
    Yeah that was Funny as hell!! I think he's even more upset that they have to go to boston right about now..And it might not be to pretty tomorrow
    But hey they a Good team, So who knows.

    Now when do The Knicks face The Miami heat..I Can't stand that team !
    They don't even have sellouts There. And yet players keep flocking over there
    Because of the scenary. Give me an Effing break already.

    With that weak a## schedule they got right now. And 3 superstars..They should be called "The Miami Cheats"

    I would LOVE for the Knicks to get a win against the Heat.. But I honestly think they are the best team in the league right now

    Also, I think Turiaf should start all the games and have gallo come off the bench for the rest of the year.. No more Ilguaskus owning the paint in the 1st quarter ever again!

  6. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by JoHnNyBoXeR
    I would LOVE for the Knicks to get a win against the Heat.. But I honestly think they are the best team in the league right now

    Also, I think Turiaf should start all the games and have gallo come off the bench for the rest of the year.. No more Ilguaskus owning the paint in the 1st quarter ever again!
    That's sounds like a Good idea..But you know D'Antoni won't let that happen.
    Just because he and gallinari's Dad go way back in italy. But hey This a Business, and if he's better coming off the bench than so be it. as long as it's benefiting this team, That's what counts.

    Now as for the heat, Yeah you can't deny The fact that they are a very good team.
    This is why we're still missing a few pieces So we can finally compete with them.
    But it will be nice to beat them. We deserve to beat lebron james for once.

    Great win against Spurs though !
    Last edited by johnnyrose; Jan 05, 2011 at 01:46.

  7. #97
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Great win. They played well and hustled.

    But I can't believe some of you guys are saying that the team is better off without Gallo after one game without him. Keep in mind that they won this game because three of their starters just WENT OFF...as in raised their play to the next level...as in they're not always going to have nights like this.

    Once in a while you get a great game from a player but Felton is not going to be scoring 28 points every night, most games he'll be lucky to get 20. Chandler had a great game to but again most games he'll hover around 20. Amar'e is a beast, but again, he averages around 26. We can't take one game where the offense has a beast night and use it as evidence that Gallinari isn't a critical portion of this team. If the team had shot 51% instead of 54.9% then we'd all be whining and bitching about how not having Gallo was the reason we lost by 5 points and if we had Gallo shooting 3's instead of Walker and Douglas and Williams then we'd have won the game.

    Don't get me wrong I'm as happy about this win as anybody but to say that this win proves that Gallo isn't important to our team or makes him expendable would be the old "small sample size" argument. It's like saying Nate Robinson is an MVP-caliber player because he went off for 41 points against the Hawks and won that game for us.

    In fact the bench didn't play that great. Douglas played some defense well but other than that...they were inefficient at shooting and we were saved in this game by the fact that nobody in the starting 5 was missing a shot. We're not always going to have nights where the starting rotation hits 63% of its shots...Chandler is rarely if ever going to shoot at 68.4 FG% again, and saying that Gallo is expendable or unnecessary because Chandler had a once every blue moon type of game isn't taking into account the...you know, rest of the season.

  8. #98
    Member The Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile

    Yeah, As usual, if we lose one game a lot will rush and say we are a bad team, if we win one without a player they will say he is the reason for every bad thing......
    I think it is a good thing that Gallo is out now, for couple of weeks, he will have the time to work on his shot. I guess it was affected by him improving his pentration

  9. #99
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by vpell
    I have been saying for a while now. Gallo is a weak part of this team now, he isn't a quick enough thinker and slows down the offense. I like 3 big scorers on this team instead of 5 or 6 btw.
    The **** played in every game we've won this year. Including OKC, Chicago and so on. We shot a high % tonight and that's far apart from the fact that Gallo wasn't playing V SA.

  10. #100
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Crazy to see how many fans on facebook are coming out of the woodwork...people I know haven't watched a game since 2005 or before posting about the 'bockers! Damn the bandwagon fans hahaha!

    Nice win tonight, I'm sure D'Antoni haters will press on about how we didn't stop them on defense (we didn't), but they (a good defensive team) could not stop us either. Nice game by Wilson.

    If the team keeps winning without Gallo, I expect him out of here at the trade deadline.
    Don't forget they will also complain that by playing AR and Gov in this game we would have still won and developed talent...

    Haters are going to hate, they are fans of complaining and bringing down things not a fan of the Knicks.

    Notice Kiya hasn't been around lately?

  11. #101
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,355
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    In THEORY, this is what D'ant's offense is supposed to do to teams-SHRED THEM. Only problem is.... in PRACTICE it only happens once a month or so.

    Few teams can shoot the ball as well as NY did last night.

    BUT, when it's working it certainly is a sight to see.

    THIS GAME also proved that if you can get CARMELO for Randolph, Gallo, Curry and draft picks... YOU DO IT.

    CRedit Knicks for coming out ready to go. They seem to play with that sense of urgency against the best teams- to prove themselves.

    I expect a winning road trip.

    Amar'e should score 50 on Fri. Just keep feeding him the ball and let him have his night returning to PHO.

    Go beat the flailing Lakers. TAKE CARE OF BIZ and get another quality win. Games against POR & UTAH are winnable.

    Here we go!

  12. #102
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by Blas

    Notice Kiya hasn't been around lately?
    You read my mind.

  13. #103
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Amazing how quick people sell Gallo down the river.
    He is 22 years old. Remember the OKC game ? Check out Durants stats in the 2nd half and guess who was guarding him for 80 percent of that half ? YES GALLO.

    I admit he has has weakness. I do not think being slow is one of them. He look awkward running but he plays big...

    he got to the foul line against Indiana 9 times in the first half. Thats what we need to put other teams over the limit so when they guard Stat they need t hold back a bit....

    What it does show a 9 man rotation works when Gallo gets back.

    Mozgov and Randolph did not play and we WON. Where are all the whiners that said they have to play. D'Antonio does not know what he is doing....

  14. #104
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    So there....Coach Genius plays Talent over Position and it pays off big. Keep Mozgov and randolph on the bench until they are ready. Keep them both obviously, but dont give them a second on the court until they can conisitently contribute. I could see mozgov or randolph doing some dumb **** to mess up our momentum and turn the tides to the spurs. before the 4th, we were up 4 pts. Chris webber was asked if the knicks hold on, or if the spurs D up and come back in the 4th, webber doubted us....but if moz or ar played, that would have been a combination of about 5 turnovers, 20 blown assignments, a whole lot of fouls to send these guys in the bonus early. Those guys are rookies and should be treated as such. Quit the expectations....they are gonna cause you hate our own players.

  15. #105
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    So there....Coach Genius plays Talent over Position and it pays off big. Keep Mozgov and randolph on the bench until they are ready. Keep them both obviously, but dont give them a second on the court until they can conisitently contribute. I could see mozgov or randolph doing some dumb **** to mess up our momentum and turn the tides to the spurs. before the 4th, we were up 4 pts. Chris webber was asked if the knicks hold on, or if the spurs D up and come back in the 4th, webber doubted us....but if moz or ar played, that would have been a combination of about 5 turnovers, 20 blown assignments, a whole lot of fouls to send these guys in the bonus early. Those guys are rookies and should be treated as such. Quit the expectations....they are gonna cause you hate our own players.

    That is so the truth. Mozgov looks like a 10 year old kid on the court and cannot see the direction of a rebound. Practices not games will fix that.

    AR needs to mature...Up by 4 he would have come down an launched a 3 pointer as we all yelled....

Similar Threads

  1. the PO
    By 6thman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2012, 21:10
  2. I feel bad for Marbury, having to carry the Celtics
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2010, 18:15
  3. Knicks @ 76ers 1/24/09 7:00 PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2009, 23:15
  4. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 17:25
  5. New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls Game Thread 1/8/08
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Jan 11, 2008, 17:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •