Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Knicks better WITHOUT Gallo?

too early to tell but i like this starting lineup.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Yeah. We really played a traditional line-up last night because we didn't have Gallo. *sarcasm*

Try watching some games. Chandler played PF most of the game. Our lineup wasn't any different than normal except for about 4 minutes at the start of the game.

And Gallo is not getting us Melo. In all likelihood, Chandler is the one that Denver will ask for. Chandler + Fields.
    who mentioned anything about chandler?

Ultimately, you have to ask the question, why is there so much hatred for Gallo?

I mean, I haven't seen this much hatred for a Knick since Marbury. What has he done to deserve it? Where does this hate come from?

I have my suspicions but I doubt anybody will really fess up.

He's a good player. He's inconsistent at this point but he shows flashes of brilliance and we can see where his career could go. He was really aggressive his last game. All game he was aggressive until he got injured. He was playing very well. That's all he needs to learn. Is to stay aggressive.

Chandler has been inconsistent his whole career up until now. The reason he's become consistent is because he's stayed aggressive at driving the lane and has gained confidence. That's all Gallo needs too. I am personally glad we didn't give up on Chandler. Heck, I wanted to trade him for Rudy. I was wrong and I'm glad I was wrong.

Originally Posted by NicksKnicks
    who mentioned anything about chandler?
    You blamed Gallo for players not playing their natural positions. Gallo did not play last night, yet nobody really played their natural position. Hence my example of Chandler playing PF, as he's done this whole season, for the majority of last night's game.

Originally Posted by Red
    Are we better without Gallinari?
    Wilson Chandler back @ his NATURAL position as was Amare...

Wilson inparticular was a beast.
    Gallo is too streaky and is suited for a bench role at best imo.

Is Gallo trade bait... would you rather keep him or Chandler IF you had to choose.

I don't like the urging to vote for Felt, Amare and him BUT not Chandlr who to me is more deserving

I also don't like the feeling that we force Gallo shots and force his role, and now that I see us without him, it looks more glaring.

He can contribute, he has size, but his effciency may hinder us, plus consider the CENTER we might be able to replace him with...

That big is needed more than an inconsistent 3pt shooter

I think they're a better starting 5 without Gallo. Gallo does add shooting, so he isnt totally useless.

I think that, when a guy is so hyped (both by himself, basically drafting himself to the Knicks, and the media) the way Gallo has been: being promoted as a possible all-star, commercials comparing him to Dirk, banners in my neighborhood, for example, etc., even when an unheralded guy, Chandler, is clearly outplaying him, during his entire time on a team, it makes some people cynical.

I like Gallo. I do not think we are better without him, but we might be better with Chandler, who has had a superior season, in all significant statistical categories, starting at SF, with STAT at his normal position: PF, and Turiaf at center.

I also think that it's laughable to have Gallo as our candidate for forward for the all-star game, when Chandler is playing superior basketball. I wonder who chose him over Chandler. And why isn't STAT listed as an option for center.

You dumb how can we be better without Gallo?

The question should be is should Turiaf start, and should Will or Gallo move to the bench?

Damn Red you nearly made a Quiggle thread

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan

I also think that it's laughable to have Gallo as our candidate for forward for the all-star game, when Chandler is playing superior basketball. I wonder who chose him over Chandler. And why isn't STAT listed as an option for center.
    I posted this in another thread but...they create the All Star Ballots in the pre-season, a committee picks (I believe) 2-3 players based on pre-season projections. It has to do with printing or something (has to be done preseason to be out in time). Gallo was the projected starter, and STAT was not projected at C, hence the issue with faulty ballots. Paul Millsap was left off the ballot as well.

For those of you who fail at reading comprehension, do not read posts and just reply, or just fail at watching basketball games:

Wilson Chandler played PF most of the time last night.

Yet, more people will post, "Its awesome seeing Chandler play his natural SF position again!"

I am not sure how many more times this needs to be repeated.

Now the next point. Conventional line-up?

Chandler played the 5 at one point in the game, WHAT conventional line-up? We were small ball just like every game. Oh btw:

The thing we did different then other games was we ran less P&R in the 1 quarter and went with elbow plays featuring Amare. Other then that, same old same old. We still chucked 27 threes (this is not a complaint its the system we run) and we ran the other team into the floor.

So guess what, Chandler STILL played outside of his "natural posistion."

Originally Posted by Blas
    For those of you who fail at reading comprehension, do not read posts and just reply, or just fail at watching basketball games:

Yet, more people will post, "Its awesome seeing Chandler play his natural SF position again!"

I am not sure how many more times this needs to be repeated.

Now the next point. Conventional line-up?

Chandler played the 5 at one point in the game, WHAT conventional line-up? We were small ball just like every game. Oh btw:

The thing we did different then other games was we ran less P&R in the 1 quarter and went with elbow plays featuring Amare. Other then that, same old same old. We still chucked 27 threes (this is not a complaint its the system we run) and we ran the other team into the floor.

So guess what, Chandler STILL played outside of his "natural posistion."
    +1 but these Gallo haters will still find a way to argue

Veteran

I honestly think Will can play the SF and PF very well. So, I think he's a natural Forward, not a C or SG.

With Gallo out of the mix we are a more focused and cohesive unit. This has never been more evident, especially when watching the games. I'm wondering if people are actually watching the games. Do they see where our weaknessess lie?

If Gallo was who alot of his fans claim he is...I would have no problem cheering for him too. But since he's not, and I clearly see how his flaws and hugh minutes are hampering the teams chemistry...I cannot support him. I want a great team and if we can package Gallo with our dead weight (since the coach is not playing them) we have the rare chance to upgrade. Why keep him if we don't have to, especially knowing we can do better?

I have very good reason to hate, I question the commitments of the fans...are they player fans or Knick fans? The proof isn't hard to see.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I posted this in another thread but...they create the All Star Ballots in the pre-season, a committee picks (I believe) 2-3 players based on pre-season projections. It has to do with printing or something (has to be done preseason to be out in time). Gallo was the projected starter, and STAT was not projected at C, hence the issue with faulty ballots. Paul Millsap was left off the ballot as well.
    You're right. The ballots are set up before the season even starts and based on last year.

Gallo was tearing it up the last 15-20 games of the season last year. He was scoring about 22 pts a game and ended the last 6 games with 22, 24 ,19, 28, 17 and 31 points. He was looking like a potential all-star.

Chandler missed the last 15 games of the season and was as inconsistent as Gallo is now the entire season.

This is why Gallo is on the ballot and Chandler is not.

To Chandler's credit, he has really developed a complete game. I think a lot of us believed Chandler would become very good if he improved his 3-point shot, ball handling and became more aggressive at attacking the rim and not settling. He's done that and has gained a lot of confidence which has also been key. Gallo just needs to do the same. He has 1 less year than Chandler too.

I think both Chandler and Gallo can become consistent 20 ppg players. We have plenty of assets/cap space other than Chandler and Gallo that can get us the missing pieces to ADD to this roster that will make us a contender.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Jan 05, 2011 at 15:26.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Yes we do play way better without him in the lineup, and it will be even more evident in the following games. We can find anybody in this league to contribute streaky points and lack luster defense. Now that he is out of the line up, we can keep our flow/tempo/rhythm of the game up on both ends of the court. I'am so glad he is not playing and hurting our team. His little contributions can easily be replaced but our bench. This will be a very telling time for all Gallo supporters. The truth always comes out....

He held Durant to 8 points and 2 assists in the 2nd against the Knicks...
    Thats defense....go root for the Heat

Veteran

I guess if we lost by 14 everyone would be saying Gallo is a superstar and we need him back. We can win and lose with out Gallo.

As much as I love being in the Garden and the energy in the Garden I come to these posts and realize its a constant whine whine whine......

How about Kick-Ass WIN.......

I think the bottom line is Chandler has shown significant improvement since last season while Gallo has at best remained the same (possibly reaching his ceiling). Fans realize that and while i'm no Gallo hater, I strongly believe he would be more valuable to us coming off the bench and providing that spot shooting with the second unit.

We're all true knicks fans and it shows by our passion. It's stupid to totally hate Gallo. He's home grown and talented BUT it was the organization who made him out to be the future and face of the team and it was Dantoni who made that rediculous "best shooter i've ever seen" comment just to hype him up. Plain and simple he was over-hyped and now that we see he's just a solid role player it makes it seem like he's sub par.