Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
I think the bottom line is Chandler has shown significant improvement since last season while Gallo has at best remained the same (possibly reaching his ceiling). Fans realize that and while i'm no Gallo hater, I strongly believe he would be more valuable to us coming off the bench and providing that spot shooting with the second unit.

We're all true knicks fans and it shows by our passion. It's stupid to totally hate Gallo. He's home grown and talented BUT it was the organization who made him out to be the future and face of the team and it was Dantoni who made that rediculous "best shooter i've ever seen" comment just to hype him up. Plain and simple he was over-hyped and now that we see he's just a solid role player it makes it seem like he's sub par.

I could not disagree with you more....

As we all know Chandler is a tough read . His lack of emotion is almost mind boggling........but no doubt he is playing as good as basketball as he has played...although on a few defensive plays last night he almost stepped out of the way and looked lost...

Gallo is really only in his second year as his first year had all the back issues. The guy is so much better then last year and is now first starting to drive to the hoop and create foul shots. His defense is only getting better as u saw against Durant. With guys like Stat and Felton other players like Gallo, Chandler, Douglas and Fields will only get better....

For the record I would trade any play except Stat for Melo.