Are the Knicks better WITHOUT Gallo?

Red

TYPE-A
Are we better without Gallinari?
Wilson Chandler back @ his NATURAL position as was Amare...

Wilson inparticular was a beast.
Gallo is too streaky and is suited for a bench role at best imo.

Is Gallo trade bait... would you rather keep him or Chandler IF you had to choose.

I don't like the urging to vote for Felt, Amare and him BUT not Chandlr who to me is more deserving

I also don't like the feeling that we force Gallo shots and force his role, and now that I see us without him, it looks more glaring.

He can contribute, he has size, but his effciency may hinder us, plus consider the CENTER we might be able to replace him with...

That big is needed more than an inconsistent 3pt shooter

Toons

is the Bo$$
lets not get excited now, yeas gallo is streaky, but we are not a better team without him. We may be better with him out of the starting lineup, but gallo is not that bad. It is good to not see that horrid 1-7 or 2-10 from behind the arc....them shits lead to long rebounds....thats fast break points right thurr

Red

TYPE-A
lets not get excited now, yeas gallo is streaky, but we are not a better team without him. We may be better with him out of the starting lineup, but gallo is not that bad. It is good to not see that horrid 1-7 or 2-10 from behind the arc....them shits lead to long rebounds....thats fast break points right thurr

I think that's what I meant... are we better with Gallo out of the starting line up? And actually I've always preferred Wilsons well rounded game over Gallos' way before this game... I just think its glaringly obvious.

Like I use to say with D. Lee, sure he has skill, sure we could use him, his size, and limited skill set, but we shouldn't build around him (them) and force feed them because they are not on the level of a Wilson Chandler or other next tier players. They are glorified role players who get gassed by those at the top... the hype!

skisloper

Starter
Watching the game last night I knew there was no doubt this thread would be started. NO NO NO we are not a better team without Gallo!!!!

What all the D'Antonio haters should start realizing is the coach has this team playing very well.....

Also remember this the first year for Douglas, Chandler and Gallo to play with very smart and talents players in Stat and Felton...

To put it simply imagine if Landy Fields came up last year...he would never have the success he is having now.....who would have taught him...

Red

TYPE-A
Watching the game last night I knew there was no doubt this thread would be started. NO NO NO we are not a better team without Gallo!!!!

What all the D'Antonio haters should start realizing is the coach has this team playing very well.....

Also remember this the first year for Douglas, Chandler and Gallo to play with very smart and talents players in Stat and Felton...

To put it simply imagine if Landy Fields came up last year...he would never have the success he is having now.....who would have taught him...

Why?
Felt, Dirty Landry Fields, Ill Will, Amare, Turriaf...

What does Gallo bring to warrant starter minutes that these guys don't? Add Williams and Walker and the we get bench scoring too... so where are you coming from?

skisloper

Starter
Gallo deserves to start because we pay D'Antonio millions of dollars to make that decision. Do not get me wrong I like Walker and Williams.

Someone needs to start and I do see Gallo's game improving. The Indiana game where he drove and took 9 foul shots in the first half is what we need.

His defense to shut down Durant to 8 points in the 2nd half of the OKC game got us the win....

Plus look at our record. Remove the first 10 games and we are playing with the top teams. Beating the top teams NO. But I do think a 9 man rotation is the difference against these teams.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I have a better question.

Can Red ever make a thread where he doesn't find fault in the Knicks and have to question it?

Toons

is the Bo$$
gallo spreads the floor period.....so he is needed, and his shot is respected around the league, no one leaves him wide open anymore. I just dont think he should be playing 30+ mins. 20-25 mins of gallo is all i need for this season. Until he earns more mins, he deserves travis outlaw mins.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Gallo now is upgrading his game by learning how to drive to the basket, but he is learning fast imo.
when he get his 3pt shot back to normal combined with the drive and 6.11 he is unstopable....
Let them learn and be better, why are we always hungry to fire people or evaluate a player over a game (good or bad), we are doing good, that what matters....

Moreover Gallo has heart and intensity, he can drive you crazy with a huge dunk over a big guy or a chest bump after a long 3pt.......

KBlack25

Starter
Are they better without him? Probably not.

Is he absolutely necessary to win? Probably not.

Is he expendable in a trade? Probably.

Red

TYPE-A
I have a better question.

Can Red ever make a thread where he doesn't find fault in the Knicks and have to question it?

I'm just providing food for thought.
You don't find it a bit odd that we had our best game since the MDA era without his godson aka "the best shooter ever seen"? Hummmmm.

We discuss possible trades, lack of size, defense, and depth. We discuss players value, philosophy, etc...

This game and with our players FINALLY playing their natural positions is relevant even if you don't agree. It could be a blessing in disguise.

We argued for size and defense (and to not rely so much on offense and the three), we replace Gallo w Turriaf... and bam, the results are speaking. Maybe a few more resounding victories will convince you. Its ok.

KBlack25

Starter
I'm just providing food for thought.
You don't find it a bit odd that we had our best game since the MDA era without his godson aka "the best shooter ever seen"? Hummmmm.

We discuss possible trades, lack of size, defense, and depth. We discuss players value, philosophy, etc...

This game and with our players FINALLY playing their natural positions is relevant even if you don't agree. It could be a blessing in disguise.

We argued for size and defense (and to not rely so much on offense and the three), we replace Gallo w Turriaf... and bam, the results are speaking. Maybe a few more resounding victories will convince you. Its ok.

But you can't seriously say we are BETTER by removing a 15+ ppg scorer, a deep shooting threat and a guy who gets to the line and playing Bill Walker for added minutes instead.

Gallo is not necessary for us to be successful maybe, but we aren't better simply because he is injured.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I will have to disagree with your "food for thought" and counter it with you are making something small into something big.

Gallo isn't some amazing super significant player on the Knicks and it was ONE game. Now if STAT were to get hurt and we beat every elite team out there, THEN that would be food for thought.

This is you just finding something else to point out because you are easily driven by your dislike for certain people in the Knicks' Organization. That is your standard MO for your threads.

Be honest.

Toons

is the Bo$$
actually it is a n obvious question anyone following every game must ask. Thye spurs didnt play bad, we werent lucky, we frickin ran them, outplayed them, and didnt allow them any runs. we did it without a starting 30+mpg player on the floor. We also did it against a team that has lost only 4 games and it is already january. We did it playing small ball, against to big men. The odds were against us, and we pulled it off in style, without gallo. You have to question this because when he returns.....do you bring him off the bench? or insert him right back into the starting 5?

Red

TYPE-A
I will have to disagree with your "food for thought" and counter it with you are making something small into something big.

Gallo isn't some amazing super significant player on the Knicks and it was ONE game. Now if STAT were to get hurt and we beat every elite team out there, THEN that would be food for thought.

This is you just finding something else to point out because you are easily driven by your dislike for certain people in the Knicks' Organization. That is your standard MO for your threads.

Be honest.

Wow your misinterpretation and subsequent posts are amusing at best.

How I feel about Gallo has already been documented. How I (and the front office) feel about the team with and/or without him is relevant especially given the trade dealine and rumors looming.

If you think we are better with Gallo starting... just say so and stfu. If not then say that.

I believe in a round about way, this is an opportunity to reevalute his worth. Simple, does a big defender like Turriaf serve us better in the starting line up over Gallos 15ppg?

It may be addition by subtraction... ala Tiki Barber.

Thanks for the attention though, I'll add you to my friends, I mean my fan distribution list.

State your position or stfu.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I actually heard rumblings about this while leaving the Garden (granted folks were still on a high from beating the Spurs) but people were saying that they liked the starting 5 they saw out there.

Why wouldn't Gallo be better suited in a scoring 6th man role? If he's as dangerous an offensive player as some of you believe him to be (while looking past his limitations because the Knicks marketing department tell you that he is the next big thing) then why not use that firepower off of the bench to go against the second unit of opposing teams?

If our starters are giving it to the opposing starting 5, and then Gallo & Co. are giving it to the second unit, that's a balanced attack over 48 mins. What's the opposition to this? Hurt feelings cause Daniloooooooooooooooooooooo Gaaaaaalllllllllliiinnaaaaaaarrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii needs to be a starter? Why?

I say do what's best for the team, and let's put hurt feelings aside. The coaching staff still has a few more games to make these evaluations but it's more than a fair question. He could be to us what Ja. Crawford and Jet Terry are to their teams. You already have to deal with the starters, and then when they catch a breather, here comes the second unit to drop more buckets.

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
I think Turiaf starting was big for us. Gallo should be coming off bench and let everyone play into natural positions. Everyone thrived.

Blas

Benchwarmer
So Red,

Will you tell these posters here that have not taken a stance to stfu too?

You started your thread stating are we better WITHOUT Gallo.

But because almost all the posters bring up a different perspective and said bring him off the bench you are forced to change YOUR stance on the matter.

You want to create a thread saying stating maybe there are options for using Gallo differently to include as trade bait, etc then that would be great and informative and add perspective.

You didn't do that, you went right in with the dramatic "WITHOUT GALLO."

So how about you stick to YOUR guns and take a stance.

With

or

Without Gallo?

Last edited:

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Are we better without Gallinari?
Wilson Chandler back @ his NATURAL position as was Amare...

Wilson inparticular was a beast.
Gallo is too streaky and is suited for a bench role at best imo.

Is Gallo trade bait... would you rather keep him or Chandler IF you had to choose.

I don't like the urging to vote for Felt, Amare and him BUT not Chandlr who to me is more deserving

I also don't like the feeling that we force Gallo shots and force his role, and now that I see us without him, it looks more glaring.

He can contribute, he has size, but his effciency may hinder us, plus consider the CENTER we might be able to replace him with...

That big is needed more than an inconsistent 3pt shooter

While I agree with this entire post, I will offer the fact that it was only one game. Danilo is a rotation player, and the threat of is shot gives the Knicks great spacing. Wit that said I could totally see the Knicks being a better team with Gallo being traded for a big man, or coming off the bench as a legitmate scorer or back up to chandler and Turiaf. With Stat at C and Turiaf at PF and Wilson at SF this team is much better defensively and rebounding. Plus Wilson is a superior scorer, so we wouldn't be missing much of Gallo as he was currently our 4th leading scorer anyways.

That Starting lineup can play D and Get more rebounds then one with Gallo who is 6-10 and averaging 4 rebounds... which is kind of pathetic compared to Fields and Chandler who are averaging 7 and 6 respectively. Fields and Wislon while not amazing three point shooters, still can spread the floor and are excellent cutters. I want to say that we are better without Gallo considering we just beat the best team in the League w/o him as I ave been telling people all along that e is not an impact player, but seeing guys like Walker and Douglas get extended minutes doesn't make me feel so good either.

MBlackVJesusP7

Benchwarmer
If we want to get out of the first round of the playoffs we need Gallo. As good as Will as been shooting from downtown, teams just don't respect him yet and don't space the floor as well. You cannot take Gallo out of the rotation.

Now if your saying he should come off the bench, let's wait and see how the Knicks do against Utah and Portland this coming week. Phoenix should be an easy win, but the other two are good teams. If the Knicks continue to play this impressive without Gallo, maybe it is more important to have Turiaf in the starting lineup, and let Gallo come off the bench.