Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Knicks better WITHOUT Gallo?

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Agreed 100%.

The Spurs game is an anomaly where it only happens so often when a team will shoot that well...obviously you can't expect the team as a whole to shoot that well on any given night. Course Gallo doesn't have to have a good shooting night to perform great since he can drive to the basket and draw fouls better than anyone on our team whose name doesn't start with "A" and end with "mar'e".

The Suns game we just up and raped them and odds are with Gallo it would've been worse

We'll see how the outside shooting holds up in the long run without him. Of course, we all know that Carmelo Anthony is an all-world talent. If you can get Carmelo for Gallo, Randolph, and Curry, you do it. If you can get him for Chandler, Randolph, and Curry, you do it. There are four real promising youngsters in the Knicks organization, they are Gallo, Chandler, Randolph (even with his lack of value), and Fields. Ideally we only want to give away two, and preferably NOT Fields...
    I agree. I also think Douglas and Mozgov are potentially quality young players as well. TD is playing hurt. BUt he's a valuable bench/role player moving fwd. Mozgov has the potential to be something in 3 years as well. HE HAS NO CONFIDENCE right now. When/IF he feels he belongs, then he can let the game come to him. We'll see if we can coach him up.

Rautins is another dark horse. A project. But he could be a sniper off the bench.

But Rautins & MOzgiv are answers to questions in 2 years. If we want to win now and next year, then Chandler, Gallo, Fields, TD are the most important.... Randolph, Mozgov, Rautins behind them but in another class.

Randolph has no confidence either right now. He's trying to force action instead of going with the flow.

We also have to start thinking that S-Williams (1st round pick) is putting things together. A late bloomer? He can be a 6th man off the bench and excel in this system 2. Will Walker do the same one day?

To me, I would only part with 1 of these 3 (Fields, Gallo, Chandler).

I want Melo, but not that bad. I think Marc Gasol, a backup PG plus a legit SG would be the equivalent of adding Anthony.

Carmelo has to work with us if he wants to come to NY, and he's smart.

DO NOT sign an extension. This forces DEN into corner, and leaves them with 3 options:

1) KEEP HIM. Hope for a franchise tag in new CBA. At least screw Carmelo and cost him millions by refusing a S&T. Or, just relent next Summer and get something from NYK.

2) Trade him as a rental. Get less than they would from NY.

3) Exhaust all avenues. Make it public. Melo looks bad. Melo costs them this deal or that package. Wind up trading him to NYK b/c it was all Anthony allowed (Curry, Randolph + Galo or Chandler). Most likely a 3rd team is involved and they get another player while Gallo or Randolph goes to that 3rd team, and DEN gets 2 1st rounders.

Veteran

Unhappy

A helluva long THREAD to read .....

Gallo-Fan members -vs- Knick-Fan members

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Toons
    i dont want to trade for carmelo. i want him to play this season out with denver, and then sign with us next year. i want to keep gallo and chandler and win it all in 2012. melo has been saying all along, he's focused on playing with denver...he's said he doesnt want to go to a gutted team. melo wants to win. why leave denver to go to the worst team in the east? amare has proved that with an mvp year, it only gives you a playoff invitation. and if melo takes jersey to a .500 + team, their first rounds picks lose value year after year after year.

it be nice if you can show us how you keep both chandler and gallo and sign melo in the off season.. the cap wont allow it

gallo or chandler would be the odd man out..

id prefer chandler because he more verstile..

AR would probably have to go too to make the numbers work..

hopfully we can get the russian to develop..if not in this scenario...we would have to find an afforable big

i think chandlers cap hold will be about twice his current salary..6 mil...and to sign melo..at least 15-16...we willonly have about 15-16 mill in cap space

so we need to start thunking about that

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

Gallo-Haters members -vs- Knick-Fan members
    Why so silent in game threads these days? Return after Gallo gets injured.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Why so silent in game threads these days? Return after Gallo gets injured.
    Kiyaman is back after Gallo got injured?

No Way! Who would have guessed???

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Yes. Last part especially. I actually met The Beard a couple nights ago. Visited a friend in White Plains, went to movies, and I'm in line right next to the man himself. He was flying solo, decked out in white, NYK practice pants. Big dude, 'skinnier' than I'd imagined, but could be the clothing.

We said some words and I fanboy'd a bit. I told him to skull**** Garknee the next time we play, before I left, and he smiled, mumbled I think "for sure", and gave me a pound.

Anyways, I think we have a 5M option. Will be interesting. With guys like Perkins, Big Baby, Dalembert as FA's who may or may not be had for similar prices.

I would take our 2nds and AR and go for Mayo if we still can. If we ever do give up The ****, he is great insurance for our deep threat.
    green rep, u the best

Veteran

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

Gallo-Fan members -vs- Knick-Fan members
    Yeah i tried and couldn't do it.... LMK when the Cliff's Notes are availible.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Not at all. He's our 3rd best player in terms of talent and skill(not production yet because his role as a spot up shooter can produce to his full potential).

A 5 man squad of Felton Fields Gallo Chandler Stoudimire will contend in any conference. Letting them go would be foolish, especially considering the oldest guy on this squad is the 2nd leading scoring in the NBA and he's only 28. That line up right there is on average an age of about I say 24-25. They got 4-6 prime years to give to this franchise, why let it go? We found our core. Now lets build around it.

Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    2-0 with Gallo out. Shawne Williams + Bill Walker = Gallo.
    Please give me an update.

Veteran

Again, Gallo's injury doesn't prove anything either way...the games we won he wasn't necessary, and the games we lost we probably would've lost even if he were there...except for the Kings game, maybe they could've won that one if Gallo kept going to the line...

Gallo will be fine in time. So yes he deserves to start, because that will help him get better.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Again, Gallo's injury doesn't prove anything either way...the games we won he wasn't necessary, and the games we lost we probably would've lost even if he were there...
    Exactly. Have we won a game since Gallos been back?

...I can't remember

Veteran

Originally Posted by Red
    Exactly. Have we won a game since Gallos been back?

...I can't remember
    Dude. The quote was saying that games we do lose we would have lost without Gallo in the lineup, too -- you parsed it -- and that the entire premise of most of these discussions is moot, and the points trying to show Gallo's (lack of worth) don't hold up.

Anywaya, the only reason we've had a chance to compete and win some tough games (a la OKC) since Gallo's return has been because of...Gallo. The team getting W's in games during an ice cold stretch, mainly bc of Felton n Amare n Chandler as individuals poor play, doesn't reflect their worth -- let alone Gallo, who's played pretty well.

Better without Gallo? eh not really. but if Walker and Williams played better D, we wouldn't need him that's for sure.

Veteran

Since his return our rhythm has been off beat...big time.