Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 241

Thread: Are the Knicks better WITHOUT Gallo?

  1. #211
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    It should be obvious by now why I dislike the guy. Over half of my post here explains why. We obviously have a different outlook on what savvy is, and he hasn't been playing well enough consistantly to be getting all the praise he's been getting, now has he? Doing well against horrible teams is not going to convence me either. If NBA players were to get evaluted like the average working stiff does...he would be demoted until his job performance picks up or placed on probation...or fired.

    Since he's been back from his knee sprain I've seen 2 games where he looked like a decent player. But, we all have seen enough prior games to know how much he has been suckin. With that said, I like what I saw in the Detroit game, he hardly looked like the Gallo I've been talking about since I've been here. If he keeps that up, I'll have no problem supporting him. I only bash on him for his skills...and how much coach plays him when he is hurting the flow of the game. Anything else will be making it personal...like so many here do.
    Are you sure you aren't carying personal feelings for Gallo?

    You have yet to show any proof of Gallo hurting the flow of the game, all you do is make statements based on your opinions with no actual facts.
    How about you name yourself Baller because you defiantly don't keep it REAL

  2. #212
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Are you sure you aren't carying personal feelings for Gallo?

    You have yet to show any proof of Gallo hurting the flow of the game, all you do is make statements based on your opinions with no actual facts.
    How about you name yourself Baller because you defiantly don't keep it REAL
    I don't like the way the guy plays. His streaky style has been too much of a team hinderance. Don't wait till now to start making claims on how good he is. He was/has been playing like crap and I pointed it out many times. If you want details, and facts look thru my post history or ponder on my last few post in this thread. I really don't have the time or appreciate repeating myself.

    Also, You do know that you don't have to worry about my KO user name, right pal. Besides...REAL recognizes REAL...Phoniness doesn't belong in the same company because it always fails to comprehend, nor can it tolirate the truth. As some of us can clearly see...

  3. #213
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I don't like the way the guy plays. His streaky style has been too much of a team hinderance. Don't wait till now to start making claims on how good he is. He was/has been playing like crap and I pointed it out many times. If you want details, and facts look thru my post history or ponder on my last few post in this thread. I really don't have the time or appreciate repeating myself.

    Also, You do know that you don't have to worry about my KO user name, right pal. Besides...REAL recognizes REAL...Phoniness doesn't belong in the same company because it always fails to comprehend, nor can it tolirate the truth. As some of us can clearly see...
    I can agree that Gallo is streaky but so is every player on our team not named Amare. Why aren't you bashing them?
    Raymond Felton has been playing like trash since that triple double in Pho.
    Wilson has been in a disgusting shooting slump.
    Only Gallo and Amare have been bringing it so far in the last games we lost if Wilson or Felton hit half of their combined FGA we win with no problem, yet you continuously make it out to seem as if Gallo is the real hindrance to the team.

    Did Gallo put Felton in a slump?
    Did Gallo put Wilson in a slump?
    Or did Gallo improve his game since coming back from injury?

  4. #214
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    I can agree that Gallo is streaky but so is every player on our team not named Amare. Why aren't you bashing them?
    Raymond Felton has been playing like trash since that triple double in Pho.
    Wilson has been in a disgusting shooting slump.
    Only Gallo and Amare have been bringing it so far in the last games we lost if Wilson or Felton hit half of their combined FGA we win with no problem, yet you continuously make it out to seem as if Gallo is the real hindrance to the team.

    Did Gallo put Felton in a slump?
    Did Gallo put Wilson in a slump?
    Or did Gallo improve his game since coming back from injury?
    You see, this is what I'm talking about. I thought people were watching all the games. Gallo has been drafted over better players because of his pappy D'Ant. He has been here for a while now and all he has really shown us is how frail and unrealiable he is. Felton real job is to pass the rock to the open player, scoring is actually bonus. Chandler has always contributed, if he isn't scoring he is playing great Defense....in mutiple positions. Since Gallo has come back he has played a bit better, but he wasn't good in all of his return games either.

    I think people have too much feelings for this guy that they don't even see it themselves. Everytime I mention him in a trade for better pieces his fan clubs go into red alert mode. Are they Knick fans? maybe...
    Gallo fans? lol, maybe a bit more than that.

  5. #215
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    You see, this is what I'm talking about. I thought people were watching all the games. Gallo has been drafted over better players because of his pappy D'Ant. He has been here for a while now and all he has really shown us is how frail and unrealiable he is. Felton real job is to pass the rock to the open player, scoring is actually bonus. Chandler has always contributed, if he isn't scoring he is playing great Defense....in mutiple positions. Since Gallo has come back he has played a bit better, but he wasn't good in all of his return games either.

    I think people have too much feelings for this guy that they don't even see it themselves. Everytime I mention him in a trade for better pieces his fan clubs go into red alert mode. Are they Knick fans? maybe...
    Gallo fans? lol, maybe a bit more than that.
    Really Felton's real job is to share the rock well damn you could have fooled me, besides that 20-10 game he hasn't been assisting great either and it wasn't until later in the second half until he started picking up assist while our PF Amare already had 4 assist.

    Damn!, I didn't know that just because you play defense at multiple positions it will excuse you from putting up horrible offensive numbers that hurt the team.

    Your first sentences concluded what I already thought, you are blinded by your hate for Gallo to even make a real evaluation of his play. You never state any facts but continue on with your opinions, I'm done debating with you because this is not getting anywhere. When you have some facts or a real argument I'll be happy to hear it.

  6. #216
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Again, you can like or dislike Gallo all you want but to say he hasn't been absolutely critical in the recent stretch would be incorrect.

    It'd also be extremely unfair to ignore the fact that Chandler and Felton, two guys who you're claiming are better than Gallo, have been absolutely stinking it up as of late

  7. #217
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Really Felton's real job is to share the rock well damn you could have fooled me, besides that 20-10 game he hasn't been assisting great either and it wasn't until later in the second half until he started picking up assist while our PF Amare already had 4 assist.

    Damn!, I didn't know that just because you play defense at multiple positions it will excuse you from putting up horrible offensive numbers that hurt the team.

    Your first sentences concluded what I already thought, you are blinded by your hate for Gallo to even make a real evaluation of his play. You never state any facts but continue on with your opinions, I'm done debating with you because this is not getting anywhere. When you have some facts or a real argument I'll be happy to hear it.
    You're not debating... and you're not understanding either. You also didn't post any facts to your claim but you let your blind love for the guy fog up the whole perspective to my posts.

    What is the job of the PG? Matter of fact...what does the coach wants his PG's to do? Is it his fault that the team isn't hitting their shots...or getting open. Do you want him to score big numbers every night? Remember what happen to Marbury? Plus Felton plays D too.

    Chandler plays D and rebounds if he isn't scoring?

    What is Gallo doing when he isn't scoring? He is getting beat on D, out rebounded, abused in the paint, and flopping like a fish...slowing down the game with his cheap ball tricks. I'm starting to see teams pick up on that part of his game too. Soon he wont have the ref's to bail him out like they do now. He will have to be held accountable and pick his game up or pack it up.

    Glad you're done responding to me...it was getting very redundant

  8. #218
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    You're not debating... and you're not understanding either. You also didn't post any facts to your claim but you let your blind love for the guy fog up the whole perspective to my posts.

    What is the job of the PG? Matter of fact...what does the coach wants his PG's to do? Is it his fault that the team isn't hitting their shots...or getting open. Do you want him to score big numbers every night? Remember what happen to Marbury? Plus Felton plays D too.

    Chandler plays D and rebounds if he isn't scoring?

    What is Gallo doing when he isn't scoring? He is getting beat on D, out rebounded, abused in the paint, and flopping like a fish...slowing down the game with his cheap ball tricks. I'm starting to see teams pick up on that part of his game too. Soon he wont have the ref's to bail him out like they do now. He will have to be held accountable and pick his game up or pack it up.

    Glad you're done responding to me...it was getting very redundant
    Get em'!

    Did you peep. The desperate attempt to change focus onto Amare and Felt? Sad but hey, that's what happens when feelings get involved.

    Are we better doesn't mean trade, it means analyze and see if there is a drop off or +/- with him on the floor.

    But instead of analyzing his skill set and style in conjunction with the team the panties show.

    I'll help: yes Gallo is sloppy but somtimes effective and he helps and hurts. The issue is we have a better SF in Chandler (res FA) and a Melo on the radar. Can he be an efficient contributor off the bench? Probably.

    Can we use his shooting? Probably.

    Is he limited, yes, but he has heart and is improving, I'll say that. If it works I'm not complaining, still doesn't change the fact his fundamentals, balance, movement, and athleticism leave more to be desired.

  9. #219
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    You're not debating... and you're not understanding either. You also didn't post any facts to your claim but you let your blind love for the guy fog up the whole perspective to my posts.

    What is the job of the PG? Matter of fact...what does the coach wants his PG's to do? Is it his fault that the team isn't hitting their shots...or getting open. Do you want him to score big numbers every night? Remember what happen to Marbury? Plus Felton plays D too.

    Chandler plays D and rebounds if he isn't scoring?

    What is Gallo doing when he isn't scoring? He is getting beat on D, out rebounded, abused in the paint, and flopping like a fish...slowing down the game with his cheap ball tricks. I'm starting to see teams pick up on that part of his game too. Soon he wont have the ref's to bail him out like they do now. He will have to be held accountable and pick his game up or pack it up.

    Glad you're done responding to me...it was getting very redundant
    I'm not posting any facts, really?
    Felton not assisting the ball FACT
    Felton has been in a shooting slump FACT
    Wilson has been in a shooting slump FACT
    Gallo gets to the line every game FACT
    Gallo shoots a high Ft% FACT
    Gallo has been driving more FACT
    All are facts that have been said in my previous posts, men lie women lie numbers DON'T!

    I don't want my Pg to score every night but I want him to knock down shots if he is going to take 10+ shots a game like Felton has been doing.If he can't he should spread the ball and create openings for his team mates which Felton hasn't been doing lately. I like Felton he has been doing a good job but can you really sit there and say he hasn't been playing great and that's a direct correlation to Gallo.

    Last 5 games for Felton:
    @Okc 10pts 7ast 3to 0-4 3p 5-16fg 0-0FT
    @Was 17pts 15ast 2rb 4to 4stl 1-4 3p 7-14fg 2-2Ft
    @Mia 6pts 7ast 3rb 3to 3stl 0-4 3p 1-6fg 4-4Ft
    @Atl 21pts 13ast 3rb 2to 1stl 0-4 3p 9-21fg 3-3FT
    @Det 12pts 5ast 3rb 1to 2stl 1-3 3p 5-13fg 1-2FT

    Besides Atl and Washington which games were Felton doing what you want your pg to do?
    Oh ok maybe the thread should be could we win with a point guard who can set up his team mates better

  10. #220
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    I'm not posting any facts, really?
    Felton not assisting the ball FACT
    Felton has been in a shooting slump FACT
    Wilson has been in a shooting slump FACT
    Gallo gets to the line every game FACT
    Gallo shoots a high Ft% FACT
    Gallo has been driving more FACT
    All are facts that have been said in my previous posts, men lie women lie numbers DON'T!

    I don't want my Pg to score every night but I want him to knock down shots if he is going to take 10+ shots a game like Felton has been doing.If he can't he should spread the ball and create openings for his team mates which Felton hasn't been doing lately. I like Felton he has been doing a good job but can you really sit there and say he hasn't been playing great and that's a direct correlation to Gallo.

    Last 5 games for Felton:
    @Okc 10pts 7ast 3to 0-4 3p 5-16fg 0-0FT
    @Was 17pts 15ast 2rb 4to 4stl 1-4 3p 7-14fg 2-2Ft
    @Mia 6pts 7ast 3rb 3to 3stl 0-4 3p 1-6fg 4-4Ft
    @Atl 21pts 13ast 3rb 2to 1stl 0-4 3p 9-21fg 3-3FT
    @Det 12pts 5ast 3rb 1to 2stl 1-3 3p 5-13fg 1-2FT

    Besides Atl and Washington which games were Felton doing what you want your pg to do?
    Oh ok maybe the thread should be could we win with a point guard who can set up his team mates better
    I bet you havn't even consider how long Felton had to play in this system, have you? Would you give Felton the same amount of time to play better? I doubt it. We already know how long Gallo had and yet Felton had more productive games then Gallo, right? When Felton starts really crapping it up out there... I will have no problem pointing that out too.

    As I said before.... Knick fan first, player second. If I leaned anything by posting on this forum it would probably be that some people are exactly the opposite. I want a winning team, do you?

    If this coach wants a scoring juggernaut than he needs consistant players to fill the roster. This is why I say Gallo is not the guy for the job and we can trade him for Melo (reasons already stated).

    No matter how many points you score defense wins championships, thats why I prefer Wilson over Gallo because he can play muti-positons, score, and play defense....something our team is lacking big time.

    What part of this don't you understand?

  11. #221
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I bet you havn't even consider how long Felton had to play in this system, have you? Would you give Felton the same amount of time to play better? I doubt it. We already know how long Gallo had and yet Felton had more productive games then Gallo, right? When Felton starts really crapping it up out there... I will have no problem pointing that out too.
    The thing is Felton has been really crapping it up out there, and you haven't come down on him like you have been on Gallo. Felton actually has been playing bad as of late and you're claiming he "hasn't been in the system long enough" whereas you crap on Gallo even when it's pretty obvious that Gallo has been playing extremely well lately.

    And furthermore how can you talk about how long Felton has been playing in this system? Felton was playing great earlier on in December and it was pretty clear that he fit right into D'Antoni's system, the system has nothing to do with anything right now, the simple fact is that Felton is in a slump, Gallinari has been having great games, and you're too blinded by your hate to admit that ONE SIMPLE FACT.

  12. #222
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    The thing is Felton has been really crapping it up out there, and you haven't come down on him like you have been on Gallo. Felton actually has been playing bad as of late and you're claiming he "hasn't been in the system long enough" whereas you crap on Gallo even when it's pretty obvious that Gallo has been playing extremely well lately.

    And furthermore how can you talk about how long Felton has been playing in this system? Felton was playing great earlier on in December and it was pretty clear that he fit right into D'Antoni's system, the system has nothing to do with anything right now, the simple fact is that Felton is in a slump, Gallinari has been having great games, and you're too blinded by your hate to admit that ONE SIMPLE FACT.

    You said it right there... LATELY, If he continues to play well than that will be great for the knicks. It's clear that your standards for great games is not the same as mines. Supposedly, If/or when Gallo starts playing like he did most of this year will you still be supporting him? why? Would you trade him away for a better peice to the team or would you want to keep him, hoping he develops into a elite player. In my book that is risky biz. We can go elite if we package him, now.

    I wonder how many people here has ever played an organized game of BBall.

    When you play BBall (organized or not) you know exactly what kills momentum and how hard it is to get it back. I've seen plenty of momentum killing from this guy in this year alone. Its just sad that some Knick fans don't see it, or know how plays are developed and destroyed by inconsistancy.

    Lets just say I hate him...now what? What is that going to do for you? Are you his protector or something? why are you sticking up for this guy as if you know him personally? If my posts were complete BS...would you even respond to them? I musta struck a cord with these Gallo fans. I'm starting to feel like some character in some video game hacking and slashing away at lurking Gallo fans jumping out of nowhere.

    Never before have I seen such support for a streaky role player. Never. lol

  13. #223
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Get em'!

    Did you peep. The desperate attempt to change focus onto Amare and Felt? Sad but hey, that's what happens when feelings get involved.

    Are we better doesn't mean trade, it means analyze and see if there is a drop off or +/- with him on the floor.

    But instead of analyzing his skill set and style in conjunction with the team the panties show.

    I'll help: yes Gallo is sloppy but somtimes effective and he helps and hurts. The issue is we have a better SF in Chandler (res FA) and a Melo on the radar. Can he be an efficient contributor off the bench? Probably.

    Can we use his shooting? Probably.

    Is he limited, yes, but he has heart and is improving, I'll say that. If it works I'm not complaining, still doesn't change the fact his fundamentals, balance, movement, and athleticism leave more to be desired.
    I see it, they are trying very hard to sale a beautiful portait of the guy, but I don't buy knockoffs...

  14. #224
    Superstar welcometonycity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    879
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Last night in Detroit. 29 points on only 12 shots. 4-7 from three and hit all 11 free throws. 11 fourth quarters points. 5 rebounds. 20 points in 3-5 games, averaging 20.2 points and shooting 47 percent from the field. (28-60)

    NO, the knicks are not better without Gallo.

  15. #225
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    You said it right there... LATELY, If he continues to play well than that will be great for the knicks. It's clear that your standards for great games is not the same as mines. Supposedly, If/or when Gallo starts playing like he did most of this year will you still be supporting him? why? Would you trade him away for a better peice to the team or would you want to keep him, hoping he develops into a elite player. In my book that is risky biz. We can go elite if we package him, now.

    I wonder how many people here has ever played an organized game of BBall.

    When you play BBall (organized or not) you know exactly what kills momentum and how hard it is to get it back. I've seen plenty of momentum killing from this guy in this year alone. Its just sad that some Knick fans don't see it, or know how plays are developed and destroyed by inconsistancy.

    Lets just say I hate him...now what? What is that going to do for you? Are you his protector or something? why are you sticking up for this guy as if you know him personally? If my posts were complete BS...would you even respond to them? I musta struck a cord with these Gallo fans. I'm starting to feel like some character in some video game hacking and slashing away at lurking Gallo fans jumping out of nowhere.

    Never before have I seen such support for a streaky role player. Never. lol
    Of course I'll be supporting Gallo because he's a Knick.

    Gallo wasn't even that bad earlier this year, he just didn't take as many shots. He still made the most of his shot attempts, he'd score 12 points on 5 shots and so on and so forth.

    Gallo is one of our best players in the 4th quarter and constantly hits clutch shots to keep the Knicks in the game, if that kills momentum then I dunno what kind of player you want on this team.

    And again Gallo isn't inconsistent. He consistently scores very efficiently, no matter how many shots he gets to take, which is a hallmark of a good player with strong intangibles, a guy who plays well and makes the most out of all that he has even if he's only taking 6 shots a night.

    Never before have I seen a fan hate so much on a player on his own team who scored 29 points the night before. You're calling our defense of Gallinari irrational and silly because we're sticking up for a player on our team that we like but you are theone who's really being a moron because you're hating on a KNICK who is playing well.

    None of the Gallo fans were giving Chandler a hard time when he started the season off on a tear because we knew that Chandler was playing great and that's all that was important - frankly I don't care which Knick is in the starting lineup if the team is winning, but you clearly don't see it the same way since you're trying to convince people that Gallo sucks even when he's playing excellently.

    Note that although I made it clear that Chandler has been poorly as of late never have I bashed on him anywhere close to how you've torn Gallo to shreds, and even then I only criticized Chandler when he was playing badly. You're criticizing Gallo when he's finally showing his value as a player, and I don't understand it. You claim that Gallo disrupts the flow of the game in spite of the fact that he's the team's most efficient scorer. You're going to have to use better evidence than "lol i know bballz and u dont lolol" to convince anybody that 29 points on 7-12 shooting is something that "disrupts the offense."

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks Article on free agency update
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 17, 2010, 01:28
  2. Gallo and Curry:Are The Two Knicks only Untouchables!
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Dec 24, 2009, 19:43
  3. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 21:10
  4. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 12:12
  5. Philadelphia 76ers vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/25
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 16:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •