Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 241

Thread: Are the Knicks better WITHOUT Gallo?

  1. #226
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Of course I'll be supporting Gallo because he's a Knick.

    Gallo wasn't even that bad earlier this year, he just didn't take as many shots. He still made the most of his shot attempts, he'd score 12 points on 5 shots and so on and so forth.

    Gallo is one of our best players in the 4th quarter and constantly hits clutch shots to keep the Knicks in the game, if that kills momentum then I dunno what kind of player you want on this team.

    And again Gallo isn't inconsistent. He consistently scores very efficiently, no matter how many shots he gets to take, which is a hallmark of a good player with strong intangibles, a guy who plays well and makes the most out of all that he has even if he's only taking 6 shots a night.

    Never before have I seen a fan hate so much on a player on his own team who scored 29 points the night before. You're calling our defense of Gallinari irrational and silly because we're sticking up for a player on our team that we like but you are theone who's really being a moron because you're hating on a KNICK who is playing well.

    None of the Gallo fans were giving Chandler a hard time when he started the season off on a tear because we knew that Chandler was playing great and that's all that was important - frankly I don't care which Knick is in the starting lineup if the team is winning, but you clearly don't see it the same way since you're trying to convince people that Gallo sucks even when he's playing excellently.

    Note that although I made it clear that Chandler has been poorly as of late never have I bashed on him anywhere close to how you've torn Gallo to shreds, and even then I only criticized Chandler when he was playing badly. You're criticizing Gallo when he's finally showing his value as a player, and I don't understand it. You claim that Gallo disrupts the flow of the game in spite of the fact that he's the team's most efficient scorer. You're going to have to use better evidence than "lol i know bballz and u dont lolol" to convince anybody that 29 points on 7-12 shooting is something that "disrupts the offense."
    Great post. And one you likely won't get a real response, too. When someone just realizes that Gallo can effectively get to the line...And actually fronts about if *you* are watching games with clear eyes...It's comedy of the highest order; and renders said person's mouth to be a bull**** dispenser on anything concerning Gallo.

    Because Gallo is an unskilled, 1tricky pony role player with no body control. It's just the MSG Magician that let's him have dominant games and all-world skills. He's a poor stock to invest in.

  2. #227
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Of course I'll be supporting Gallo because he's a Knick.

    Gallo wasn't even that bad earlier this year, he just didn't take as many shots. He still made the most of his shot attempts, he'd score 12 points on 5 shots and so on and so forth.

    Gallo is one of our best players in the 4th quarter and constantly hits clutch shots to keep the Knicks in the game, if that kills momentum then I dunno what kind of player you want on this team.

    And again Gallo isn't inconsistent. He consistently scores very efficiently, no matter how many shots he gets to take, which is a hallmark of a good player with strong intangibles, a guy who plays well and makes the most out of all that he has even if he's only taking 6 shots a night.

    Never before have I seen a fan hate so much on a player on his own team who scored 29 points the night before. You're calling our defense of Gallinari irrational and silly because we're sticking up for a player on our team that we like but you are theone who's really being a moron because you're hating on a KNICK who is playing well.

    None of the Gallo fans were giving Chandler a hard time when he started the season off on a tear because we knew that Chandler was playing great and that's all that was important - frankly I don't care which Knick is in the starting lineup if the team is winning, but you clearly don't see it the same way since you're trying to convince people that Gallo sucks even when he's playing excellently.

    Note that although I made it clear that Chandler has been poorly as of late never have I bashed on him anywhere close to how you've torn Gallo to shreds, and even then I only criticized Chandler when he was playing badly. You're criticizing Gallo when he's finally showing his value as a player, and I don't understand it. You claim that Gallo disrupts the flow of the game in spite of the fact that he's the team's most efficient scorer. You're going to have to use better evidence than "lol i know bballz and u dont lolol" to convince anybody that 29 points on 7-12 shooting is something that "disrupts the offense."
    So you admit that you are a Gallo fan, unconditionally too....as it seems. If you want to hate on anyone on or off the team thats your choice. I know people couldn't really play Wilson down because he is a contributor in many areas. You think Gallo has arrived because he had a good game against a weak Detroit? Will see about that, wont we now?

    I'll gladly change my tune once he starts changing into a consistant player. He doesn't have to make buckets all the time to contribute. And, No I don't want to keep anybody on the team that isn't playing up to par, why would you...because he's a Knick? C'mon with that nonsense.

    If you noticed I havn't really been bashing him as much lately, but I do have to defend my stance on why I think he is expendable...something the Gallo fans don't want to hear and take offence to. He took many bad shots this year. You can bring up his box scores (pre injury) and see that fact for yourself.

    Efficeint scorer? maybe as a free thrower, thats it. We can replaced that trickers with real talent easily, you know this. So why do you want to keep him, if we are in a position to get better. Will you still be a Knick fan once he's shipped off? It doesn't sound like it.

    I see where we can improve our team now, but some of you guys rather stay with this dude instead of having a young and proven player to replace him.

    It makes no sense to me, so how does it make sense to you...

    Its been real, its time to clock out. I might continue this later if there is something new to discuss, I'm not looking forward to the repetitveness.

  3. #228
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by welcometonycity
    Last night in Detroit. 29 points on only 12 shots. 4-7 from three and hit all 11 free throws. 11 fourth quarters points. 5 rebounds. 20 points in 3-5 games, averaging 20.2 points and shooting 47 percent from the field. (28-60)

    NO, the knicks are not better without Gallo.
    Wow you posting information and not having a post filled with poor grammar and ignorance?

    Congrats, you're growing up.

    The Knicks need Gallo, but if they're going to use Gallo, they have to use all of him.

    Having him as a spot up shooter isn't going to take us far. He has more skills that can be utilized.

    As for Gallo, I do want him to improve his rebounding. I wanna see 7 boards a game as appose to 5. That would help us alot a great deal!

  4. #229
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    So you admit that you are a Gallo fan, unconditionally too....as it seems. If you want to hate on anyone on or off the team thats your choice. I know people couldn't really play Wilson down because he is a contributor in many areas. You think Gallo has arrived because he had a good game against a weak Detroit? Will see about that, wont we now?

    I'll gladly change my tune once he starts changing into a consistant player. He doesn't have to make buckets all the time to contribute. And, No I don't want to keep anybody on the team that isn't playing up to par, why would you...because he's a Knick? C'mon with that nonsense.

    If you noticed I havn't really been bashing him as much lately, but I do have to defend my stance on why I think he is expendable...something the Gallo fans don't want to hear and take offence to. He took many bad shots this year. You can bring up his box scores (pre injury) and see that fact for yourself.

    Efficeint scorer? maybe as a free thrower, thats it. We can replaced that trickers with real talent easily, you know this. So why do you want to keep him, if we are in a position to get better. Will you still be a Knick fan once he's shipped off? It doesn't sound like it.

    I see where we can improve our team now, but some of you guys rather stay with this dude instead of having a young and proven player to replace him.

    It makes no sense to me, so how does it make sense to you...

    Its been real, its time to clock out. I might continue this later if there is something new to discuss, I'm not looking forward to the repetitveness.
    ...Getting to the free throw line is a talent in and of itself. Gallinari is effective as a player because he gets fouled the moment he drives to the basket...or would you rather him simply sink jumpers instead?

    And you just referred to Gallo having a good game against the Pistons as the reason I'm defending him...clearly you haven't been reading anything I've been writing.

    And note I never once said that Gallinari wasn't expendable in the case of a Carmelo trade, nor did I ever say that I didn't want what was best for the team. Hell, I never brought up Carmelo until this point at all, but you somehow thought that me defending Gallo's game meant that he was an untouchable player which isn't the case at all, not in the slightest. I just think he's better than you give him credit for, and that's probably a good thing if you want Carmelo because it increases his trade value and lowers the chance that the Knicks will have to throw in Fields or anybody else.

    I'm a fan of any player in the blue and orange. So long as Gallo's a Knick I'll be rooting for him, as should you if you want the Knicks to win.

    Again his "lack of consistency" has to do with "lack of field goal attempts". I don't understand how it can be any clearer. He doesn't take many shots but makes the most of every attempt. What more do you want from a second year player?

    Wow you posting information and not having a post filled with poor grammar and ignorance?

    Congrats, you're growing up.

    The Knicks need Gallo, but if they're going to use Gallo, they have to use all of him.

    Having him as a spot up shooter isn't going to take us far. He has more skills that can be utilized.

    As for Gallo, I do want him to improve his rebounding. I wanna see 7 boards a game as appose to 5. That would help us alot a great deal!
    Yeah if Gallo has a weakness it's that he doesn't rebound very well for his size. Part of it has to do with the fact that he's playing on the wing most of the time, but I think his rebounding will improve as he stops camping out on the wing and instead drives more to the basket, which I think we've seen part of already.

    With regards to him as a spot up shooter, that's the only reason Gallinari was valuable in the first place. Walsh isn't stupid enough to draft a spot-up shooter with the 6th overall pick in the NBA draft; he drafted Gallinari because Gallo has a unique blend of being able to shoot the ball very well as well as drive to the basket, all coupled with size. I'm glad he's finally shown the facet of his game (getting to the basket) that made him such a hot commodity in the first place - if we needed someone who could simply shoot there are 2nd rounders and D-Leaguers who can shoot the basketball very well, but Gallo brought something more to the table and here's to hoping it lasts

  5. #230
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Of course I'll be supporting Gallo because he's a Knick.

    Gallo wasn't even that bad earlier this year, he just didn't take as many shots. He still made the most of his shot attempts, he'd score 12 points on 5 shots and so on and so forth.

    Gallo is one of our best players in the 4th quarter and constantly hits clutch shots to keep the Knicks in the game, if that kills momentum then I dunno what kind of player you want on this team.

    And again Gallo isn't inconsistent. He consistently scores very efficiently, no matter how many shots he gets to take, which is a hallmark of a good player with strong intangibles, a guy who plays well and makes the most out of all that he has even if he's only taking 6 shots a night.

    Never before have I seen a fan hate so much on a player on his own team who scored 29 points the night before. You're calling our defense of Gallinari irrational and silly because we're sticking up for a player on our team that we like but you are theone who's really being a moron because you're hating on a KNICK who is playing well.

    None of the Gallo fans were giving Chandler a hard time when he started the season off on a tear because we knew that Chandler was playing great and that's all that was important - frankly I don't care which Knick is in the starting lineup if the team is winning, but you clearly don't see it the same way since you're trying to convince people that Gallo sucks even when he's playing excellently.

    Note that although I made it clear that Chandler has been poorly as of late never have I bashed on him anywhere close to how you've torn Gallo to shreds, and even then I only criticized Chandler when he was playing badly. You're criticizing Gallo when he's finally showing his value as a player, and I don't understand it. You claim that Gallo disrupts the flow of the game in spite of the fact that he's the team's most efficient scorer. You're going to have to use better evidence than "lol i know bballz and u dont lolol" to convince anybody that 29 points on 7-12 shooting is something that "disrupts the offense."
    +1 talk some sense into that boy, I've been trying to for the last 3 pages.

  6. #231
    Superstar welcometonycity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Wow you posting information and not having a post filled with poor grammar and ignorance?

    Congrats, you're growing up.

    The Knicks need Gallo, but if they're going to use Gallo, they have to use all of him.

    Having him as a spot up shooter isn't going to take us far. He has more skills that can be utilized.

    As for Gallo, I do want him to improve his rebounding. I wanna see 7 boards a game as appose to 5. That would help us alot a great deal!

    lol. Yeah i agree he should be getting 5-7 boards a game. ****t hes almost 7 foot. Thats a part of his game he has to step up.
    Last edited by welcometonycity; Jan 31, 2011 at 20:52.

  7. #232
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Some Statistics

    Amar'e takes 23.23% of the team's shots and produces 24.27% of the team's points. Felton takes 17.69% of the team's shots and produces 16.21% of the team's points. Chandler takes 16.07% pf the team's shots and produces15.17 % of the team's points. Fields takes 6.83 % of the team's shots and produces 9.48% of the team's points. Douglas takes 9.66% of the shots and produces 8.12% of the team's points. Gallo takes 10.93% of the shots and produces 13.01% of the team's points.

    To some extent Gallo's and Amare's ratios of points to shots are inflated because of the quantity of their foul shots, but you cannot deny Gallo's -- or Fields' --efficiency.

    Amar'e, Felton and Chandler take about 57 % of the shots and produce about 57% of the points. The rest of the team takes 43% of the shots and produces about 43% of the team's points. This reveals how useless some statistics can be. It suggests that the three best players play at the same level as the rest of the team.

  8. #233
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    For some reasn we haven't been the same since he's been back...

    Immediately inserted for 40mpg

    I can't figure it out, someone help me.

    What, did we lose 10 of 14 or something?

    Maybe its because the fans were chanting we want Melo...

    Maybe we should give them lollipops and smooches and sh*t

  9. #234
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    For some reasn we haven't been the same since he's been back...

    Immediately inserted for 40mpg

    I can't figure it out, someone help me.

    What, did we lose 10 of 14 or something?

    Maybe its because the fans were chanting we want Melo...

    Maybe we should give them lollipops and smooches and sh*t
    SMDH...You read you do not comprehend, something you clamor for in other posters...yet you cannot follow yourself.

    Nobody is saying the chants are causing the losses, we are merely saying (and MDA said) that it does not help the push towards winning.

  10. #235
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Or maybe, just maybe, it's because Raymond Felton has been playing like ass ever since early January. He's been taking way too many shots, not hitting anywhere near close to enough of them to be taking that many, and turning the ball over, and playing terrible defense.

    Or maybe, just maybe, it's because D'Antoni used an 8-man rotation for the better part of the year, pushing Felton and Amar'e for 40 minutes on a regular basis in a high-octane offense that wears out the team.

    Or maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with the fact that our lack of rebounding is finally showing its ugly head because we're not shooting the ball lights-out anymore, couple that with our suspect defense...

    Or maybe, just maybe, it's because the Felton-Amar'e duo is getting more feared by the league and the league is thus learning how to defend against them.

    Or maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with the fact that Wilson Chandler and Toney Douglas have been shooting the ball worse than Helen Keller since the beginning of January.

    ...

    ...

    Nah you're right it's totally Gallo and his 18.2 PPG on 11 FGA in Jan. or his 19 PPG on 11.3 FGA in Feb., that's gotta be it.

  11. #236
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    SMDH...You read you do not comprehend, something you clamor for in other posters...yet you cannot follow yourself.

    Nobody is saying the chants are causing the losses, we are merely saying (and MDA said) that it does not help the push towards winning.
    I know what coach said you idiot, and I'm saying neither does his acknowledgement that it may be affecting play. Which is his way of proving an excuse. Did that sink in yet?

    Nooooo, you wanna reiterate your lame point. If it affect .001%.... please gtfoh with that sh*t. Explin to yourself,

    Mda and now you should've just stfu instead of overexplaining the obvious.

  12. #237
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    ^^ ss's post..

    Tsss.

    Roasted.

    Red, stop bumping this disgrace.

  13. #238
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    I know what coach said you idiot, and I'm saying neither does his acknowledgement that it may be affecting play. Which is his way of proving an excuse. Did that sink in yet?

    Nooooo, you wanna reiterate your lame point. If it affect .001%.... please gtfoh with that sh*t. Explin to yourself,

    Mda and now you should've just stfu instead of overexplaining the obvious.
    Wow...sensitive much?

    Just because I explained a simple percentages problem pretty easily and clearly and your response is just to get angry doesn't mean you have to post it all over the web my good man. You can just stew in your room about how you failed to comprehend math.

    But I guess you don't really care about what can possibly make this team better? You are just here to bash MDA?

  14. #239
    Member Knickerbocker201's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Jer-Z
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Or maybe, just maybe, it's because Raymond Felton has been playing like ass ever since early January. He's been taking way too many shots, not hitting anywhere near close to enough of them to be taking that many, and turning the ball over, and playing terrible defense.

    Or maybe, just maybe, it's because D'Antoni used an 8-man rotation for the better part of the year, pushing Felton and Amar'e for 40 minutes on a regular basis in a high-octane offense that wears out the team.

    Or maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with the fact that our lack of rebounding is finally showing its ugly head because we're not shooting the ball lights-out anymore, couple that with our suspect defense...

    Or maybe, just maybe, it's because the Felton-Amar'e duo is getting more feared by the league and the league is thus learning how to defend against them.

    Or maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with the fact that Wilson Chandler and Toney Douglas have been shooting the ball worse than Helen Keller since the beginning of January.

    ...

    ...

    Nah you're right it's totally Gallo and his 18.2 PPG on 11 FGA in Jan. or his 19 PPG on 11.3 FGA in Feb., that's gotta be it.
    I am not a Gallo lover by any means but he is showing us little by little he can help this ball club. He is driving at will sometimes and just always gets the foul calls. He has been doing his thing but if you want to point fingers like SSj4Wingzero said you have to look at the coach for not wanting to use more than that 8 man rotation and you have to look at the poor play by Chandler and Douglas, cause Chandler averages 34.3 mpg and Douglas 22.5. With that amount of minutes they need to produce more than what they have.

  15. #240
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Losing is a collective effort.

    I'm not going to be ignorant and say that Gallinari has been perfect or has not factored into our loss (because, if he were a better defender, maybe that would've helped us too).

    But to say the loss hedges on him and only him when he's contributing from an offensive standpoint would be silly. There are dozens of reasons why teams lose games, to blame them all on a single player would be silly.

    It'd be like me blaming Raymond Felton for all of the recent losses. Yes, he hasn't played well, but our team hasn't rebounded well either, nor has our team played anywhere close to effective defense. Defense is a team effort, winning is a team effort, and losing is a team lack of effort.

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks Article on free agency update
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 17, 2010, 00:28
  2. Gallo and Curry:Are The Two Knicks only Untouchables!
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Dec 24, 2009, 18:43
  3. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 20:10
  4. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 11:12
  5. Philadelphia 76ers vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/25
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 15:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •