Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Knicks better WITHOUT Gallo?

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    I think your belief that there is a conspiracy when it comes to Gallo's playing time is a little off beat. He is 22 years old and only getting better. For the life of me I cannot understand why you are so down on him.

Defensively he shut Durant down which enabled us to win the game...Do u remember Durant in that 2nd half ? Gallo stayed toe to toe with him.

His pick up of 9 foul shots in the first half against Indian all on drives is another sign....

Agree he needs to bring it every night but I think you are putting a lot on Chandler who had his way of also vanishing....

I do not disagree with Gallo being a 6th man.

But come on why are you negative ?

If I am correct werent you anti-Stat and also in the first 10 games anti-Stat ?
    He is being pampered by his pops. The proof is there. Gallo was outplayed by Wilson in the preseason and was still declared the starter, courtesy of pop dukes of course. As far as Durant goes...Anyone can have an off quarter/half/or game. But, if you consistantly have a bad game, and can't contribute in any other way than you are not a good player.

I gave you all the reasons why I don't like him, you want to ignored them fine. Don't ask questions if you don't want to acknowledge the answers. No other player has been giving the same chances. If you are going to be giving slack and privildges...you better make good on them or prepare to be exposed.

Last 2 years the team was being torn apart. I was at many of those games because tickets were practically free. I've seen first hand the favoritism. Gallo was giving the green light because the team was uninspired due to all the trades. This was evident in Wilson's game and attitude. Did you notice Wilsons numbers at the end of last year, he was hurt and still performed very well. All Gallo did was throw up shots as soon as the ball was passed to him. His shooting wasn't even that impressive. He was second in the league in 3pt attempts with a weak shooting percentage (wtf, he is not a PG or SG). TBH, If Wilson wasn't on this team I probably wouldn't even noticed the favoritism, but anyone can see Gallos game isn't as great as most of his fans make it out to be. I'm thru with giving this guy a chance to step it up. No way would any other coach settle for his play if they had an opportunity to get an elite player to take his place....would you?

Edit: oh, I don't remember saying anything negative about Stat....other than that naked flick he took for a magazine early in the season.
    Last edited by Real NY Baller; Jan 07, 2011 at 11:22.

Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    Wow you don't read my posts do you...

For the last time I said my dislike for Gallo comes from watching his whole career not just 1 game retard...

And like many others on here I have been patient awaiting the "all-star" to emerge from this 6-10 dynamic import, but it hasn;t happened.... not even close.

Gallo will not be an all-star or even a top flight player its you sir who is delusional so you need to "fuh-ged-aboud-it."

As for being objective, you clearly are not dude. Gallo has been a net negative to this team, It is a fact tat he has shot us out of more games then he has has won for us, if you want to talk about potential thats an argument bur right now he is no where near the level of Wilson or Even fields for that matter.

I will no longer respond to your posts let alone read any more cause i swear every time i read one i get dumber.
    No need for the personal insults. It is your own fault if you get frustrated.

And you are guilty of not reading my posts as it is YOU who keep's putting words in my mouth. I have never argued that Gallo would become "an all-star or even a top flight player". He has shown flashes of brilliance, yes, and I all I'm arguing for is to not give up on him. I don't know how you can call me "delusional" for giving him a chance.

I gave up on Chandler too early and I regret it and am glad I was wrong. He was inconsistent, like Gallo, disappeared from games, like Gallo, had excruciatingly bad shooting games, like Gallo, settled too much for the 3, like Gallo, and many thought he had reached his ceiling and would never improve, like Gallo. Isn't possible for you to be wrong too? How can you make judgements after less than a year and a half? If we had done that with Chandler, he would be on another team right now. I'm not ready to give up on Randolph either, and he's not even playing.

And I disagree, I don't think Gallo has lost more games for us than he's won. Statements like these make me believe you have hated him from the beginning.

During our 3-8 slump, Gallo was benched for large portions of these games because he was shooting poorly. But during this winning streak he has been playing very well and has been a major contributor to our current winning record. Inconsistent at times, yes, but he hasn't lost any games for us. I don't know how a so-called objective observer of this season can argue any different.

If you have been objective in previous threads, then I apologize. I don't keep track of everyone's stance on every subject. The overwhelming majority of people that hate Gallo made up their mind from day one and have never watched Gallo play with any fairness whatsoever.

The answer is ... YES

Many people gave up on Chandler, which was wrong.

So why give up on Gallo?

Chandler was just as inconsistent as Gallo up until this year. Awful outside shooter, awful ball-handling, poor decision maker, settled too much for the 3, was not aggressive. Chandler changed all these things THIS YEAR!!

Why can't Gallo? He's already shown he can. Anybody that scores 20 point in a half has talent. He's already showing more aggressiveness and it's been paying off.

And nobody on here can claim they can evaluate NBA talent that well. We are all fans on an internet forum for Christ's sake. No scouts here. Just armchair quarterbacks.

And the favoritism argument is total bull. He benched Gallo for large portions of games this year during his slump. Didn't even play him a whole 2nd half once. Didn't even play one second after half time. Starting him this year had more to do with spacing/outside shooting and up until this year Chandler was an awful outside shooter.

Some people just hate and will always hate no matter what. I wonder if these fans get angry when Gallo has a good game. SMH.

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay

Chandler was just as inconsistent as Gallo up until this year. Awful outside shooter, awful ball-handling, poor decision maker, settled too much for the 3, was not aggressive. Chandler changed all these things THIS YEAR!!

Why can't Gallo?.
    And that is how it is. I think the Gallo hate is impertinent. Wil has an extra year under his belt, if Gallo were to improve as dramatically and abruptly over the same frame, to pull out The **** now would be a poorly timed withdrawal. Sorry, I can't help but be obsessed with phallic naughtiness.

I agree that him playing Chandler's prior bench role is a good move, but selling out on Gallo is not.

LJ wins.
    Gallo wins.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    LJ wins.
    Gallo wins.

can anyone .. ANYONE show me one game that Gallo has put up big numbers against a good team.. JUST ONE GAME.. the only thing i remember him doing was drawing that flop of a foul on Melo.. that was his feel good moment of the season..

and denver aint even that good..

just one game guys...

Originally Posted by moneyg
    can anyone .. ANYONE show me one game that Gallo has put up big numbers against a good team.. JUST ONE GAME.. the only thing i remember him doing was drawing that flop of a foul on Melo.. that was his feel good moment of the season..

and denver aint even that good..

just one game guys...
    Boston - 20 pts (0 in first half, frustrating, but those are big numbers)
    Miami - 25 pts
    Bulls - 24 pts

I think short term you won't notice him gone. Long term we won't see with his injury

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Boston - 20 pts (0 in first half, frustrating, but those are big numbers)
    Miami - 25 pts
    Bulls - 24 pts

and we lost 2 of 3...

Lurker

People need to Realize..he's only 22....putting up 15 a game...hes 6'10..he can dribble and drive and shoot and play D...his potential great..

Veteran

and we lost 2 of 3...
    Probably would've been 3/3 if not for Gallo

The thing about Chandler is, I'm over 90% of not thinking about his inconsistency in the past when watching his game, which is a huge turnaround. This is his fourth season, so we'll have to wait to see how Gallo is in HIS fourth season, or even the one after since he didn't play that many games in his first season.

Chandler has reached where we want him to at LEAST be, Gallo is still inconsistent as the other seasons. I'll give him a chance.
    Last edited by RunningJumper; Jan 07, 2011 at 22:01.

Originally Posted by DaBlackProdigy
    People need to Realize..he's only 22....putting up 15 a game...hes 6'10..he can dribble and drive and shoot and play D...his potential great..
    A lot of people on the forum, intelligent people even, really don't understand what you, a newb, just posted.

They act like they do, but they don't. Otherwise they wouldn't talk like they do.

Your made a lot of sense w your assessment above..

and we lost 2 of 3...
    Why don't you take at look at those 3 teams dumbass.