Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Knicks better WITHOUT Gallo?

wow....give up on gallo? a 22 year old shooter? lol you guys are idiots.

I dont get why people think trading Gallo for a better player is giving up on him

no, i mean give up on him, like, people saying he is inconsistent n ****, im sayin he's only 22, with an amazing skill set. I would say he has a wider skill set than chandler. He has more to develop IMO. You guys wanted to trade chandler for rudy fernandez....no one ever said trade gallo for rudy fernandez. Landry fields would never see a minute on an nba court at 22....he's 24 years old. Gallo is still human people.

i dont want to trade for carmelo. i want him to play this season out with denver, and then sign with us next year. i want to keep gallo and chandler and win it all in 2012. melo has been saying all along, he's focused on playing with denver...he's said he doesnt want to go to a gutted team. melo wants to win. why leave denver to go to the worst team in the east? amare has proved that with an mvp year, it only gives you a playoff invitation. and if melo takes jersey to a .500 + team, their first rounds picks lose value year after year after year.

2-0 with Gallo out. Shawne Williams + Bill Walker = Gallo.

Veteran

Again, you people who think that these last two games have anything to do with Gallo because of our bench's performance are silly.

The Spurs game we won because we had an unreal shooting night where the starting lineup shot over 60%...how often will that happen? Oh right NEVER. Even against the Suns a team with FAR WORSE defense we didn't shoot nearly that well.

The Suns game we won because the Suns probably have close to the worst perimeter defense in the NBA. We shot over 50% from behind the arc which was the primary reason for today's win. Do you really think that Gallo had anything to do with why the Knicks beat the Suns tonight? Seriously?

There's no rational way you can think that Gallo had anything to do with the two wins we had, especially against the Suns. We won today's game by a 25 point margin and had the game in the bag by the 4th quarter where we were up by 30...do you really think we might have lost this game had Gallo played instead of Toney Douglas?

The answer is no. Period. You can argue about reasons the Knicks might be better off trading Gallo instead of keeping him, but saying that the last two wins have anything to do with it is idiotic.

We should let Gallinari get better,he's getting better and stronger each year and i did i forget to mention he's only 22 years old?All we need is a legit center.

Can Bill Walker and shawne williams do what Gallo does in a more efficient way?

Last night they combined for

23 points (8-16), 6 three pointers (6-11), 16 rbs, 4 asts, and so on....

But that was in about 45 minutes of playin time. And thats just one game.

Against the Spurs they had 15 points on 6 for 16 shooting

But we are better defensively on the court without Gallo....

I see both sides to this argument, i would like to collect more evidence before i reach my conclusion.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Can Bill Walker and shawne williams do what Gallo does in a more efficient way?

Last night they combined for

23 points (8-16), 6 three pointers (6-11), 16 rbs, 4 asts, and so on....

But that was in about 45 minutes of playin time. And thats just one game.

Against the Spurs they had 15 points on 6 for 16 shooting

But we are better defensively on the court without Gallo....

I see both sides to this argument, i would like to collect more evidence before i reach my conclusion.
    Lakers, Portland, Utah coming up, all very good teams to see how well this new look roster performs.

Veteran

Again makes no sense to say we are better without Gallo or even worse Coach is willing to lose games just to have Gallo Play....

Last with No Gallo Turiaf still did not start...

What is shows you is That D'Antonio with his 8-9 man rotation can intertwine players based on the team we are playing....

Between the 9 guys we have with the exception of Turiaf ...we have quite the explosive scoring machine.....

At this point we really need to see how this team plays out if we just dont keep these 9 guys as our rotation and see if we can compete...

The beauty of Gallo being hurt is to see other guys step up and realize we may have the depth to compete against the elite...

If we do not go for Carmel we do need to trade Randolph and our second rounders for a quality big guy to replace or help Turiaf...good chance he will not stay healthy.

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Again makes no sense to say we are better without Gallo or even worse Coach is willing to lose games just to have Gallo Play....

Last with No Gallo Turiaf still did not start...

What is shows you is That D'Antonio with his 8-9 man rotation can intertwine players based on the team we are playing....

Between the 9 guys we have with the exception of Turiaf ...we have quite the explosive scoring machine.....

At this point we really need to see how this team plays out if we just dont keep these 9 guys as our rotation and see if we can compete...

The beauty of Gallo being hurt is to see other guys step up and realize we may have the depth to compete against the elite...

If we do not go for Carmel we do need to trade Randolph and our second rounders for a quality big guy to replace or help Turiaf...good chance he will not stay healthy.
    Yes. Last part especially. I actually met The Beard a couple nights ago. Visited a friend in White Plains, went to movies, and I'm in line right next to the man himself. He was flying solo, decked out in white, NYK practice pants. Big dude, 'skinnier' than I'd imagined, but could be the clothing.

We said some words and I fanboy'd a bit. I told him to skull**** Garknee the next time we play, before I left, and he smiled, mumbled I think "for sure", and gave me a pound.

Anyways, I think we have a 5M option. Will be interesting. With guys like Perkins, Big Baby, Dalembert as FA's who may or may not be had for similar prices.

I would take our 2nds and AR and go for Mayo if we still can. If we ever do give up The ****, he is great insurance for our deep threat.

Veteran

Oj Mayo would be a plus but does not help us in our current situation of lacking a big man to beat up on the elites and give Stat a nice breather. Stat cannot continue at this pace and we need a strong rebounder to help us up on the minutes he sits or better helps out defensively....

As demonstrated by Gallo's absence we have shooters....scoring is not the issue...

Our main issue to be a contender this year is a big man for rebounding and defense.....Turiaf will not last and 20 minutes a game is not enough...

As that February trade deadline gets near the Knicks will know if Carmelo is a go or not and if its worth it to break up our team.

If Walsh decides against it then we need to make a move to make us a true contender this year.

Trade Randolph and Curry for a bigman and back up point guard.

2011 is not the strongest of drafts and our team is already youngest in the league.

we wouldn't better without gallo, but we'd be better if traded him for a big

NOt saying we would be better without Gallo. Whenever a team losses a productive player, the troops seem to rally to pick up the slack. BUT this normally only lasts so long. Williams-Walker are chipping in. Chandler was great against SA. But it's only been 2 games.

I think what we've proved is this: If we can get Carmelo for Gallo, Randolph & Curry... You make that trade.

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    NOt saying we would be better without Gallo. Whenever a team losses a productive player, the troops seem to rally to pick up the slack. BUT this normally only lasts so long. Williams-Walker are chipping in. Chandler was great against SA. But it's only been 2 games.

I think what we've proved is this: If we can get Carmelo for Gallo, Randolph & Curry... You make that trade.
    Agreed 100%.

The Spurs game is an anomaly where it only happens so often when a team will shoot that well...obviously you can't expect the team as a whole to shoot that well on any given night. Course Gallo doesn't have to have a good shooting night to perform great since he can drive to the basket and draw fouls better than anyone on our team whose name doesn't start with "A" and end with "mar'e".

The Suns game we just up and raped them and odds are with Gallo it would've been worse

We'll see how the outside shooting holds up in the long run without him. Of course, we all know that Carmelo Anthony is an all-world talent. If you can get Carmelo for Gallo, Randolph, and Curry, you do it. If you can get him for Chandler, Randolph, and Curry, you do it. There are four real promising youngsters in the Knicks organization, they are Gallo, Chandler, Randolph (even with his lack of value), and Fields. Ideally we only want to give away two, and preferably NOT Fields...