Are the Knicks better WITHOUT Gallo?

Great post, Red. I think even the most die hard Gallo fans are strating to see this now. He is a rhythm killer. People really need to watch the games. Do they notice when and where we go on spurts... and where and when we go in slumps.

I would have no problem with this dude if he came off the bench and wasn't the coaches son. He clearly is favoring him over others and his minutes are way up for some one who mainly hides around the 3pt line

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Gallo averages 10.5 FG per game which is 4th on our team despite being the most efficient scorer on the team he's only 4th in shots taken.

Tell me again how he's favored over other players? If anything he's NOT favored. He's taking the 4th most shots despite being a player who uses his possessions very efficiently, unlike a guy like Felton who as of recently has been chucking the Knicks out of a ton of games by trying to be the go-to guy in the 4th quarter (which basically killed us against the Thunder).

Gallo's had a few bad games here or there but I still don't see how a player taking the 4th most shots on the team despite being the most efficient scorer can be considered favored by the coach. Would you rather see Toney Douglas getting more shot attempts?

iSaYughh

Starter
Gallo averages 10.5 FG per game which is 4th on our team despite being the most efficient scorer on the team he's only 4th in shots taken.

Tell me again how he's favored over other players? If anything he's NOT favored. He's taking the 4th most shots despite being a player who uses his possessions very efficiently, unlike a guy like Felton who as of recently has been chucking the Knicks out of a ton of games by trying to be the go-to guy in the 4th quarter (which basically killed us against the Thunder).

Gallo's had a few bad games here or there but I still don't see how a player taking the 4th most shots on the team despite being the most efficient scorer can be considered favored by the coach. Would you rather see Toney Douglas getting more shot attempts?

Some would rather see a random beggar outside the subway be our stating sf, if he could pass a 6 Degrees of Separation Test from D'antoni.

Nice crisp post, again. What else can be said? Just more truth to have faith in Gallo and respect his game; and less reason to have faith in thinking D'ant is some Shakespearian hack character hellbent on favoring his godson as he comically tries to destroy the season and our players.

Red

TYPE-A

No what I would rather is a coach & team that understands what the term "high percentage shots" means... do you?

Or how about the term "fatigue", or "rotation", sh*t i'd settle for a comprehensive understanding of the term "big man".

Do you know what these mean?

Here's a bonus... do you know what the term "shooting yourself out of games" means?

Gallo off the bench, behind wilson or mello @ the 3. Use of a center would help too as Turiaf proved b4 injury, but hey the game is still young maybe these things aren't the way... and maybe they are.

*Gallo on Durant for the final shot instead of Chandler... wtf? Since u got the stats please provide "Defensive" numbers please to give us a more clearer picture, rebounds included. Then we'll analyze.

Stats don't lie, statisticians do. And really evryone knows Chandler is better all around, so the only reason they both are on the floor at the same position is.... you tell me

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
No what I would rather is a coach & team that understands what the term "high percentage shots" means... do you?

Or how about the term "fatigue", or "rotation", sh*t i'd settle for a comprehensive understanding of the term "big man".

Here's a bonus... do you know what the term "shooting yourself out of games" means?

Gallo off the bench, behind wilson or mello @ the 3. Use of a center would help too as Turiaf proved b4 injury, but hey the game is still young maybe these things aren't the way... and maybe they are.

*Gallo on Durant for the final shot instead of Chandler... wtf? Since u got the stats please provide "Defensive" numbers please to give us a more clearer picture, rebounds included. Then we'll analyze.

Stats don't lie, statisticians do. And really evryone knows Chandler is better all around, so the only reason they both are on the floor at the same position is.... you tell me

The thing is I don't disagree with anything you just said at all. Except for high percentage shots...Gallo gets to the free throw line so he has a far higher TS% which is more important than FG%.

What I do disagree with is the fact that any of the flaws our team has have anything to do with Gallo being favored by anybody.

Do we need a better defensive assistant? Damn right, I've been thinking this for the past 3 years. Should Ronny Turiaf be starting? Probably.

But I don't see how it has anything to do with Gallo being favored...you could just as easily say Chandler's being favored and want him to be switched out, but you never hear any Gallo fans making that claim because we all know Chandler is a good player.

Red

TYPE-A
The thing is I don't disagree with anything you just said at all. Except for high percentage shots...Gallo gets to the free throw line so he has a far higher TS% which is more important than FG%.

What I do disagree with is the fact that any of the flaws our team has have anything to do with Gallo being favored by anybody.

Do we need a better defensive assistant? Damn right, I've been thinking this for the past 3 years. Should Ronny Turiaf be starting? Probably.

But I don't see how it has anything to do with Gallo being favored...you could just as easily say Chandler's being favored and want him to be switched out, but you never hear any Gallo fans making that claim because we all know Chandler is a good player.

It seems like was an opinion based on my logic, an opinion not stated as fact. But you took that (which I rarely say as much as others) and ran with it. If you disagree thats cool, but look at what those that believe he is/was favored and it's valid.

we can never prove this but sometimes things are evident. He came back from an injured MCL (which if torn needs time and maybe surgery to fully heal) and MDA inserted him right back in the starting line up... afterwhich we began a losing streak...

but Chandler who you admit is better WORKED off the bench, nothing was given (and asked to do much more) was talked about as a possible 6th man to later become a starter. What's that?

Coach having to "experiment" with the lineup early because he didn't recognize the good combo's...huh? he's one of the best right?

we were clearly better with a more defensive team on the floor yet when the opportunity arose, you knew Chandler was better and should of started but our multiple million dollar heralded coach didn't and hasn't realized this.

So are you saying there's no credence to some of these anti Antoni/Gallo views?

skisloper

Starter

Chandler should have defended Durant ?
We beat the Thunder in NY when Gallo shut Durant down in the second half...

in OKC Durant made a crazy 3 pointer....what did Gallo do wrong ? should he have fouled him ?

Chandler was asleep the entire again.....

Chandler is so athletic.....Players like that should always make something happen on the court....On defense Chandler is a big let down.

Maybe Coach had Gallo defend as another sign of nepitism ..COME ON ALREADY

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It seems like was an opinion based on my logic, an opinion not stated as fact. But you took that (which I rarely say as much as others) and ran with it. If you disagree thats cool, but look at what those that believe he is/was favored and it's valid.

we can never prove this but sometimes things are evident. He came back from an injured MCL (which if torn needs time and maybe surgery to fully heal) and MDA inserted him right back in the starting line up... afterwhich we began a losing streak...

but Chandler who you admit is better WORKED off the bench, nothing was given (and asked to do much more) was talked about as a possible 6th man to later become a starter. What's that?

Coach having to "experiment" with the lineup early because he didn't recognize the good combo's...huh? he's one of the best right?

we were clearly better with a more defensive team on the floor yet when the opportunity arose, you knew Chandler was better and should of started but our multiple million dollar heralded coach didn't and hasn't realized this.

So are you saying there's no credence to some of these anti Antoni/Gallo views?

Chandler starting? I assume you're talking about the beginning of the season because that's the only time Chandler hasn't been starting.

To that I would say that coach had no idea that Chandler would be as good as he is now at the start of the season. The Chandler we saw last year was a guy who settled way too often for a bad jump shot and looked unfocused and lost at many times last year. Let's not forget that Chandler was fresh off ankle surgery and sat for the last 20 games of last season; putting him in the starting lineup would've been a silly move.

Of course, Chandler impressed D'Antoni and D'Antoni was fair and started him because he had such a good stretch going at the start of the season. I admit that Chandler is the better player right now, but I wouldn't have said that at the start of the season.

Gallo got the nod because he finished last season strong and showed marked improvement in his game and also had gotten over the back injury. I don't think it shows favoritism to give Chandler a lesser role in his first games back from ankle surgery.

With regards to Gallo's injury, you have to remember that his injury wasn't as bad as Chandler's was. Gallo doesn't require knee surgery, but Chandler had to get bone chips removed from his ankle which is why he didn't start the season in the starting lineup.

Obviously we need better defensive coaching on this team but I don't think it has anything to do with Gallo being favored by D'Antoni. D'Antoni plays the guys that fit into his system, and obviously he would start a 6'10 sharpshooter over a guy who's coming off an injury and a 27% 3-pt percentage. Do I like the system? Not really, but there's logic in what D'Antoni's doing and it doesn't have anything to do with him simply liking Gallo more.

Let's also not forget that it was D'Antoni who gave Chandler his spot in the starting rotation 2 years ago in the first place. Chandler really began breaking out after D'Antoni came to the Knicks so to say that D'Antoni has some sort of bias against him would be ignoring the fact that Chandler was nothing more than an Isiah pick in the pre-D'Antoni days.

There's credence to the criticism of D'Antoni's coaching style and game strategy but it has nothing to do with the fact that he likes Gallo more.

He just likes OFFENSE and 3-POINT SHOOTING more.

And for all of your trash talk, it's not like Gallo's a bad player. He's the most efficient scorer on the team, and with regards to guarding Durant, Gallo did a great job against Durant when OKC played at MSG so maybe that's why D'Antoni stuck Gallo on him again. Plus Durant hitting a shot like that...

258qmg5.jpg

iSaYughh

Starter
Lol.. Well played LJ. And, you're right..

This was a ridiculously inane thread.

They've looked like ridiculous jackasses (and even bigger ones) many times in the past, so the refractory period of this game muzzling them is < 24h. Likely a storyline will be how Gallo actually ALMOST LOST us the game, because he didn't score his 20 in a quarterly sequence that jives with their sensitive sensibilities.

Within a yr the only question concerning Gallo will be if he has the kindness to not ask haters how his ass tastes.

I love now we lose a game or a bad patch of play and there's threads roasting Gallo and D'ant as terminal losers and disgraceful NBA'ers.

In tandem, Chandler puts up some nice numbers and there are threads exalting him as the next coming of Melo.

Chandler shits bricks again, and threads come up blaming Gallo and D'ant.

What womanly bitchery and moves.

D'ant's Knicks beast as Gallo feasts and you see actual heart and class.

I only pray Wilson Chandler isn't as mentally frail and emotionally loose as some of his KO fans are.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Gallo is in a rare class of player in the league who can hit 33% of his 15 shots and still score 20 points...it's quite impressive any way you sell it.

Can't deny that Gallo had a great game for us. Yes he only hit 33% of his shots but at least he had more points than FG Attempts

He didn't have a great game for us. He had a al right game for us. 5 out of 15 shots is not good. Weak defense is not good. What I did see and do like is his ability to get to the charity stripe. Why teams foul him instead of making him continue his drive to the rack is mind boggling. But I'll take it if teams are willing to give that to us, finally he was looking like a role player and not some lucky guy fortunate enough to play on poppa's team. We' ll see if he can do it in the next game...will he be consistant or will he default to his usual self. If he plays at a high level ( or atleast matches the teams energy and chemistry I'll be happy. I have no problem giving credit where it is due.

I'm not going to give him to much props yet because he played against a team that didn't play in almost a week. Plus Bosh was out, and Lebron missed many easy baskets...baskets he normally makes with his eyes closed. The Knicks won in the last moments, on paper they was suppose to win and they narrowly pulled it out. but a win is a win in my book.

Red

TYPE-A
They've looked like ridiculous jackasses (and even bigger ones) many times in the past, so the refractory period of this game muzzling them is < 24h. Likely a storyline will be how Gallo actually ALMOST LOST us the game, because he didn't score his 20 in a quarterly sequence that jives with their sensitive sensibilities.

Within a yr the only question concerning Gallo will be if he has the kindness to not ask haters how his ass tastes.

I love now we lose a game or a bad patch of play and there's threads roasting Gallo and D'ant as terminal losers and disgraceful NBA'ers.

In tandem, Chandler puts up some nice numbers and there are threads exalting him as the next coming of Melo.

Chandler shits bricks again, and threads come up blaming Gallo and D'ant.

What womanly bitchery and moves.

D'ant's Knicks beast as Gallo feasts and you see actual heart and class.

I only pray Wilson Chandler isn't as mentally frail and emotionally loose as some of his KO fans are.

Humm.... everybit as reactionary to a win as you claimed others were to a loss.

I guess the double standard still exists. For a second I mistaked you for an objective analyst, but its clear you're a blind tool.

A thread for debate was created, a post to repeat your love for Gallo was your brilliant response. After a game we won against a team not at full strength missing all kinds of shots.

A line of 6 for 29 threes before the fourth could've easily been our demise but i'd bet you have no clue what it really means. Good luck in trying to figre that out.

A "no" would've saficed, but hey after reading your emotional love rants for Gallo...

It all makes sense now. Back to the kitchen.