I think I'm obsessed with this Melo Drama

Every time I log on and go to the internet I check to see if the Knicks FINALLY completed a deal for Carmelo. Does anyone else do crap like this? I'm going nuts. I think...

MBlackVJesusP7

Benchwarmer
Nope not at all. I like our roster.

I do like Melo, but I'm not obcessed with getting him. If he is a free agent, and wants to come here, I'm all for that. This guy is a superstar. But I do not want to trade Gallo/Fields/Chandler to get him.

gmpknick

Benchwarmer

I do like Melo, but I'm not obcessed with getting him. If he is a free agent, and wants to come here, I'm all for that. This guy is a superstar. But I do not want to trade Gallo/Fields/Chandler to get him.

:beer::beer::beer:

One of the main reasons I check in on this board is because it can be very infomative at times. I know the deadline is near and I hope we do land him...but not at the expense of giving away Wilson. We can give them a combo of Gallo and our other guys (mainly the bench warmers).

Denver is in no position to bargain. We don't have to give Denver anything and still grab him up...thats if Mello is real about coming here. Why do people think we have to bow down to their demands? obsessed? naw. Do I want the Knicks to upgrade at key positions? hell yeah!!

I heard someone on the WFAN today say having STAT & Melo would be like have Pat and Bernie on the same team I kinda agree. Except for Fields (but if I have to I will) you trade anybody to get this combo...

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Lol

That's cause you a bangwagon fan. Lol

Great 1st Response ............Nah but, I understand I been a fan since I was 12 and we got Ewing ...I've been through the bad the good and the ugly.........Keep ya head up Money forget Melo for now and enjoy what we have now....

Markutis

Benchwarmer
Yeah, i'm a little obsessed too. But that's because i really would like to see the Knicks back on the elite. People keep saying we don't need Melo but we do. The difference between having him or not it's to be an Adelman's Sacramento/ D'Antoni's Phoenix or a real contender. Teams can be real good without superstars but top players make top teams.

I think many posters on this forum prefer to think we don't need Melo because they're afraid of a Lebron case part 2. Self protection mentality.

Was on espn radio with Tierney and Mac, and they both shot down trading Chandler for Melo. Or anyone for that matter. That is utter nonsense. Melo is so much better than everyone on the team, it's crazy. As good as Wilson has been, if it takes him to get melo, g'bye. In fact, because of his strong play, Donnie is in an even better position then before. The better he plays, the less we have to give up. There is no way both Gallo and Chandler go in that deal. Also, Chandler is playing his way to big money, that might scare Den off from him as well. They may not wanna pay Chandler money, and he ends up staying anyways.

Or get a third team involved.

Either way, no way Donnie strips us bare for Melo. We will gain more than we lose.

Nah son I got a Bernard King jersey hanging framed next to my 44" C'mon Son it don't get more old school then that.

LOL. Seriously? Young man I just put my Knicks Xmas stocking back in the attic with my other xmas stuff. Moms gave it to me in 1974. I got a baseball cap (if my wife didnt throw it away) somewhere around here that I got before that or soon after. Maybe I'll hang em next to my 61 inch...