2011 Slam Dunk Contest

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
<center>2011 SPRITE SLAM DUNK COMPETITORS</center> <table class="cnnTM" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="cnnIEHdrRowBG"> <td class="cnnIEColHdrC">Participant</td> <td class="cnnIEColHdrC">Team</td> <td class="cnnIEColHdrC">Pos.</td> <td class="cnnIEColHdrC">Ht.</td> <td class="cnnIEColHdrC">Wt.</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Blake Griffin</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtR">L.A. Clippers</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtR">F</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtR">6-10</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtR">251</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Brandon Jennings</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtR">Milwaukee</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtR">G</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtR">6-1</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtR">169</td> </tr> <tr class="cnnIERowAltBG"> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">Serge Ibaka</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtR">Oklahoma City</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtR">F-C</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtR">6-10</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtR">235</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="cnnIEColTxtL">JaVale McGee</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtR">Washington</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtR">C</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtR">7-0</td> <td class="cnnIEColTxtR">252</td></tr></tbody></table>
This Dunk Contest is going to be weak, the only participant that is going to be worth watching is Blake Griffin. Mcgee and Ibaka, come on they couldn't find anyone better. What about Demar Derozan or Rusell Westbrook?

I thought it was great watching Nate Robinson, and I was also thinking why can't Wilson Chandler enter. Wilson Chandler has some hops and I know for a fact his dunks would look better than McGee.

Markutis

Benchwarmer
Watch out with Ibaka. He has already won a Dunk contest in Spain's ACB. He's very imaginative. I'm not telling you he'll win but sure he's fun to watch.

I use to love this event but it has been lacking over the years... The only people I found entertaining was Nate's jump over spud web, and Dwight Howards superman dunk. Oh, Iggy did some nice stuff too. The Dunk contest is in dire need of real creativity. It use to be my favorite event of all star weekend. hopefully it will get better...

KingCharles34

All Star
Shit was rigged for Blake to win.. by a wide margin

this is probably true....cant wait to see him though (No ameachi), hes really made a name for himself with his dunks. And hes even one of the best power forwards in the league already. I would lose an arm to put him at center next to amare (pause)

smokes

Huge Member
Haha yeah this is such a weak ass dunk contest.

DeRozan and Rudy should be back in to show what they can actually do. Plus Griffin and someone else.

IMO Griffin is the only winner...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
one person we should look out for in this contest is McGee he has the athleticism and flash that could come close to surprising us and challenging Griffin. still, that being said this is clearly Griffin's contest to lose same way with Brown last year. lets just hope he doesnt choke as Brown did last year( i doubt he will )

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Humphries was looking like Griffin last night.

Hey, we got new competitors at least. DeRozan wasn't good last year, he's an in-game dunker.

Hopefully McGee tries a dunk from the free-throw line:lol:.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Humphries was looking like Griffin last night.

Hey, we got new competitors at least. DeRozan wasn't good last year, he's an in-game dunker.

Hopefully McGee tries a dunk from the free-throw line:lol:.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VOB04HvFewA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VOB04HvFewA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
My biggest complaint about this is most of them are tall and dunks don't look as good as the smaller dunkers (Nate).

Quality Dunkers

Rusell Westbrook
Eric Gordon
Derrick Rose
Monta Ellis
Rudy Fernandez
Demar Derozan
Wilson Chandler
Jamario Moon
Next two are b****s and won't enter but: Dwayne Wade and Lebron James

Then others I've seen good dunks from Tony Allen and Amir Johnson.

p0nder

Starter
i don't understand the dunk comp any more. where are the great dunks? the amazing acrobatics, the high end competition? It seems like these days it's always rookies and 2nd string guys that don't really bring it.

I mean MJ was fantastic. Spud Webb. Vince Carter. bring in some talent. It should be griffin, lebron, nate, and kobe. and the prize should be a million dollars.

It used to be my favorite as well.. now i think my favorite event at the ASG is the rookie/sophomore game

i don't understand the dunk comp any more. where are the great dunks? the amazing acrobatics, the high end competition? It seems like these days it's always rookies and 2nd string guys that don't really bring it.

I mean MJ was fantastic. Spud Webb. Vince Carter. bring in some talent. It should be griffin, lebron, nate, and kobe. and the prize should be a million dollars.

It used to be my favorite as well.. now i think my favorite event at the ASG is the rookie/sophomore game
I Like the Celebrity game. Its the funniest shit ever. My fantasy Celeb teams would be

PG: Spike Lee
SG: Will Ferrel
SF: Snoop Dog
PF: Big Easy from the Globe Trotters
C: Khloe Kardashian

VS

PG: Sarah Palin
SG: John C. Riley
SF: Eminem
PF: Special K from the Globe Trotters
C: The Russian guy who owns the Nets

Toons

is the Bo$$
the dunk contest should be

JR Smith
Blake griffin
Lebron james
dwight howard
demarr derozan
Jamario moon
rose/wall

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I Like the Celebrity game. Its the funniest shit ever. My fantasy Celeb teams would be

PG: Spike Lee
SG: Will Ferrel
SF: Snoop Dog
PF: Big Easy from the Globe Trotters
C: Khloe Kardashian

VS

PG: Sarah Palin
SG: John C. Riley
SF: Eminem
PF: Special K from the Globe Trotters
C: The Russian guy who owns the Nets

That's mad funny Kloe Kardashian at center. I like all star weekend but I always looked forward to the dunk contest. The best one was 2000.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hR4bqdzTenw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hR4bqdzTenw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>