Knicks @ Suns - Fri Jan 7 ~ STAT Returns To PHX

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
centerpiece-crazy8.jpg

Bringing to you, the ko.com weapons of choice, my own most anticipated game of the season thus far.

knicks.gif
Phoenix%20Suns%20Logo.jpg

ap-201012251216441980808.jpg

AMAR'E STOUDEMIRE RETURNS TO THE DESERT. AND MY, HAS IT COOLED OFF THERE SINCE HIS DEPARTURE.

Let's take a pleasure filled look at what Phoenix let go, shall we? A collective trip down Phoenix's very own nincompoop lane.

Amare Stoudemire?s surgically repaired knees left the Phoenix Suns leery of giving their superstar the five-year contract he was looking for in the offseason.

The New York Knicks had no such reservations.

Stoudemire has rejuvenated the Knicks while enjoying one of the most productive seasons of his career heading into Friday night?s return to Phoenix, where he?ll find the franchise he deserted looking like a shell of its former self.

Six surgeries in eight years gave the Suns (14-19) plenty of reason to be concerned with Stoudemire?s future, but they were hesitant to deal the five-time All-Star the past two seasons while making playoff pushes.

Holding onto Stoudemire after last season?s trade deadline sparked a dominant second half and a run to the Western Conference finals, but Game 6 against the Lakers turned out to be his last in a Phoenix uniform. Stoudemire rejected a five-year, $96 million offer from the Suns that included stipulations on how many minutes he played, instead accepting a five-year, $100 million deal to become the face of the franchise in New York.

Phoenix wound up receiving a $16.5 million trade exception and a second-round draft pick for the sixth-leading scorer in franchise history.

?As a player, he?s done great things here,? coach Alvin Gentry told the Suns? official website this week. ?I?m happy for him and I hope he wins every game - except the two he plays against us.?

Stoudemire?s knees have held up so far, and he has the Knicks (20-14) looking like they?re headed for their first postseason appearance since 2003-04. He?s averaged career highs of 26.4 points and 37.6 minutes after being reunited with former Phoenix coach Mike D?Antoni?s up-tempo offense.

But the Suns have already made it clear in the past that they won?t give Amare a contract with max years and max money, so Tuesday?s meeting seems like protocol more than anything.
Stoudemire has repeatedly expressed that staying with Phoenix is option No. 1, however the reality is that he won?t get the money he wants, so playing for the Suns is becoming less and less realistic as July 1 creeps closer.
The Yahoo! report stated that should the Suns lose Amare, Sarver is targeting New York Knicks free-agent power forward David Lee, who is a much more affordable option with similar effectiveness.

M is for morons

Now he's back and ready to spike on the Suns harder than the burliest cactus in the whole STATe of Arizona.

image_php_78702.jpg

A little piece by me about our Captain and Saviour, STAT

Always a major contributor in Phoenix, but never a vocal leader, STAT has embraced the alpha role here in The Apple. Perhaps the abundant trade rumours before he collided with the mecca of roundball, numerous ASG media reports during and before the last 3 all star games, were because he felt under-appreciated as a leader in Phoenix, perhaps he was just too young? But whatever the tale is, it was a precedent for his enigmatic arrival in NY.
As soon as the shoe was flung, it's becoming more and more readily apparent that the Phoenix Suns moulded, then released one of the league's best leaders. Not only one of it's best scorers.

desperation.gif
Steve Kerr, the former Suns president involved in Amar'e Stoudemire's departure, told The Post the Knicks could regret giving their New star a long-term deal, calling him "a risk."

3963823_std.jpg

Nice one dickhead.

THE SUNS LOST THIS: THEIR RECORD - 14-19

3538084727.jpg

THE KNICKS GOT THIS: OUR RECORD - 20-14

114826362.jpg

nyk1011header_ROSTER.jpg

PLAYERPROFILES12a.jpg

PLAYERPROFILES5a.jpg

PLAYERPROFILES6a.jpg
PLAYERPROFILES13a.jpg
PLAYERPROFILES14a.jpg
PLAYERPROFILES2a.jpg
PLAYERPROFILES4a.jpg
PLAYERPROFILES15a.jpg

THE BIG lll

gameaction1012.jpg

THE BROKEN COCK

ap-3a5bae3b5ba04935a1f1fa6b9a69819f.jpg

THE EMANCIPATION OF CAPTAIN RAY AND HIS IDIOTIC COMPARISONS TO NASH

ap-a48b0acd0707457b86f2fbcb8daea834.jpg

Are you saying I got no D!?

THE BATTERED FOE

165688_10150121431830477_569745476_7748672_1666001_n.jpg

THE X FACTOR - IT HAS A LION'S MANE.

166863_10150121420750477_569745476_7748466_7336477_n.jpg

THE STEALTH BOMBER

a617f9b3-83f9-41a5-b611-083e98ac757a.jpg

THE NBA'S BEST SHOT BLOCKING FRONT COURT

ap-28f6b39b410843458d1f2566166e1c84.jpg

THE DUO OF M.I.P CANDIDATES

ap-53db225c55764eaebc511b9a803b80a3.jpg
ap-a069a0ecc435433891a55785c53d30dd.jpg

THE LEAGUE'S BIGGEST BUDDING SURPRISE, BEST REBOUNDING GUARD AND DEAD CERT FOR ALL ROOKIE 1ST TEAM

alg_knicks_landry_dunk.jpg

THE CHAINED AND BROODING BEAST. WILL HE EVER BE RELEASED? IS MIKE'S VAGINA FULL OF YEAST?

89584_france_timberwolves_knicks.jpg

AND LET'S NOT FORGET - SOME OF PHOENIX'S FINEST FAKE CAKES!

phoenix-suns-dancers03.jpg

I'M FEELIN' RIGID!

747739596crazy8logo.jpg

Preview to come.

Last edited:

Blas

Benchwarmer
Pretty Colors, I think I'm going into an epileptic seizure!

In all seriousness, very fine thread Mr. 8's.

I think STAT should get some sort of ovation, and I think STAT is going to bring a show to AZ.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Wow. Anytime someone makes a super 5 star quality thread like this it always gets me even more amped for the games. STAT coming back to Phoenix, on ESPN for all to see, I'm expecting a very good night.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
I think this it the best game thread of the season. Could be the best I've ever seen here on KO. Good Job! Keep it up!

Knicks got this. Amare drops 45 on them to show them who's boss.

CoolClyde

another loco ochos masterpiece

oh man, what a cool thread! i want to party in Club Crazy 8's!
from Borat to broken cock, to Mike's vagina full of yeast, classic!
great vids! STAT is the league's best posterizer, he's given more facials than Ron Jeremy!
expect STUDmaster general to show up with guns blazing!
where are those winning drawings from? me like-y!

PENIX SUNS = Steve Gnat, Marcie Gortex, Robin Nopez, Granite Hill, my cousin Vinnie Carter
Carol Channing Frye, Jared Dud. THEY CAN ALL SUCK IT!

will Knicks continue winning ways with Gallo down? It is decidedly so!
Weedson Chandler says "f*ckyeah homie, now pass that blunt as I swoop and hoop for another 30 pt game"
look for great things from out here in the fields, as SUNS have not yet seen him fold laundry.

can't wait for this game! rigid 8's!! yarghh!!!

:beer:

welcometonycity

Rotation player
5 Star thread the best one of the year. We got this win Amare is dropping ATLEAST 30 and if he gets boo'D, hes droppin 45-50! ..... The are the best 14-19 team in the league lol ill give them that. Jared Dudley is playing good for them. So it shuld be a good game. We got are big 3 tho, W.

Knicksdabest

Benchwarmer
lol i don't think he will be boo'd,or atleast it won't be as dramatic as lebron/cleveland.anyway,we got this game. stat,show em what they missed out on.

KingCharles34

All Star
If i could give this thread 10 stars i would but i can only give it 5...

But I could sign on as MSGknickz33 and vote again

:)

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
So far it looks like Nash needed Amare more than Amare needed Nash. Amare shown he's worth it and is leading the team to Ws. I never say any game is a guarantee but it is looking good for the Knicks.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Notable's about the Suns

While the Suns are hardly in ruins without Stoudemire, they look nothing like the team that was among the West’s most dangerous with him and Steve Nash(notes) running together.

Phoenix, which failed to crack triple digits just 12 times last season, has been held under 100 eight times while going 3-10 since Dec. 7. The Suns’ 99-95 loss to the visiting Lakers on Wednesday was their sixth in seven games.

The Suns might be headed for another trade deadline full of rumors if they keep losing at their current pace. Nash, signed through next season, has repeatedly said he’s not interested in a trade, though that isn’t likely to quell speculation that the team might deal him in order to rebuild.

As Phoenix continues to adjust to a rotation that swapped Jason Richardson(notes) and Hedo Turkoglu(notes) for Vince Carter(notes), Mickael Pietrus(notes) and Marcin Gortat(notes), getting to 100 seems to be the key number. The Suns are 13-8 when they hit triple digits and 1-11 when they don’t.

The Knicks have lost their last seven visits to Phoenix by an average of 15.3 points.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
STAT said he felt underappreciated for not recieving a full guarenteed contract from Phoenix. Oh he is going to use that motivation and shit on Channing Frye/Robin Lopez/Gortat or whoever the **** they try to throw at him.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
This is an air tight game thread Crazy8's. Props.

Looking foward to the game tnite. Really looking foward to the Nash /Felton matchup. Should be a fun one.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Thanks for the props and the +1s dudes. Much appreciated. Not too sure how the whole rep point thing works, but it's shweet. Took me nigh on an hour and a half to make this thread. I am literally splitting at the gooch in anticipation for this game.

Keep the thread live and we can effectively bathe in Knick glory as one.!!!!